• This topic is locked This topic is locked
533 replies to this topic

#1 ~GG77~

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:23 PM

Link to old thread

#2 71Cath

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

Oh yeah, Can I be first  ddance.gif

Reading "House Rules" at the moment - loving it!

#3 Bazinga

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:27 PM

Midnight Sun..if that counts.

#4 Guest_MamaCass67_*

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:36 PM

Midnights Children - Salman Rushdie

#5 *soy-latte*

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

Ghost Child by Caroline Overington.

#6 ~3boysmummy~

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:18 PM

the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and finding it difficult to get into. wink.gif

#7 Guest_Spektor_*

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

The Summer We Fell Apart by Robin someone...

#8 meljbau

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and finding it difficult to get into.

Me too, but the rest of my book club adored it.
Going to see the movie on Monday night.

#9 71Cath

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

I loved TGWTDT, but I did find that you have to concentrate really hard to get into it, and keeping all the characters straight is a challenge!

#10 Ianthe

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:30 PM

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.

#11 Wickedness

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:57 PM

I too started TGWTDT and found it hard to read... I saw the movie today and it was brilliant!!! I really enjoyed it, and im looking forward to the next installments coming out at the cinema.  rolleyes.gif I will try again to read the book now after seeing the movie, i think I will find the characters a bit easier to follow after seeing the movie. It was fantastic!

I started to read The Road but didnt like it and after reading another thread here i dont think I will bother with it... NMS.

#12 ~3boysmummy~

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (meljbau @ 02/04/2010, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too, but the rest of my book club adored it.
Going to see the movie on Monday night.

Great I am glad I am not alone. I am trying to power through it as I want to go and see the movie too. Is it subtitles?

#13 autumntree

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:11 PM

Caught by Harlan Coben

#14 loubee

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

I'm on the final millenium book The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest. For those reading the 1st the following books are far more engaging and quick to read so do perservere.

QUOTE (~3boysmummy~ @ 03/04/2010, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great I am glad I am not alone. I am trying to power through it as I want to go and see the movie too. Is it subtitles?

Yes, it's a Swedish film. They also use white writing on white background so can be hard to read every now and again. It's an excellent film.

#15 Sarie

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:57 PM

Beach Road by James Patterson.

Great book, I finished Beach House a few days ago, also great as are all his books Tounge1.gif

#16 leo the lioness

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:19 PM

Just finished April Fool's Day (Bryce Courtenay) - finished it on April Fool's Day.  Can't believe I'd never read it before now!

I started The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold) yesterday.

#17 71Cath

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

Finished House Rules- I really enjoyed it.

Now onto some more vampire books - Vampire Academy

#18 meljbau

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:47 PM

Now onto some more vampire books - Vampire Academy

I loved these. Now I'm hanging out for the last book.
They were much better than the Twilight series.

#19 kpettit

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

Cross Stitch - Diana Gabaldon

#20 KLT

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:49 PM

You really have to persevere with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". I had trouble with it too but am so glad that I soldiered on with it. I have read all 3 books in the series and enjoyed all of them. I am now reading a Patricia Cornwell one which I am not really enjoying, usually I like her books. It's called "Scarpetta".

#21 mummyummy

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

Starting House Rules can not wait!

BIg fan of Patricia Cornwell but did not enjoy Scarpetta

#22 Nerileeway

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:32 PM

Its called work for a reason: Larry winget

#23 71Cath

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

I have finished Vampire Academy and really enjoyed it.  I am now onto one by Laura Bloom called "In the Mood" - dont know anything about it or the author, so we will see what it is like.

Off to the library website now to order the next vampire book.

Oh, I also just bought the graphic novel of Twilight blush.gif

#24 andyk

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

The Coroner (investigating sudden death) by Derrick Hand and Janet Fyfe-Yeomans.  Derrick Hand was the NSW State Coroner for 5 years.  It's very interesting and doesn't delve heavily into the cases.

#25 Guest_Spektor_*

Posted 08 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand - very charming!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.