What are you reading ATM #11

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
533 replies to this topic

#51 mumtothreeboys

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:20 PM

I have just started reading New Moon and i cannot put it down.

Edited by mumtothreeboys, 11 May 2010 - 04:20 PM.

#52 mummyummy

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

Started Alice I have been, sounded interesting but am having trouble getting into it.

#53 mummyummy

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:07 PM

So i started Alice i have been and have stopped, read about 100 pages BORING.

I am back to finishing of the Sookie Stackhouse series  wub.gif

#54 71Cath

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:29 AM

I have just finished "Before Green Gables" - it was really sweet.  I think the author won a prize to be able to write the book as it was 100 years since Anne of Green Gables was written in 2008.

I am now reading "Grave Sight" by Charlaine Harris to get me in the mood for "Dead in the Family"

#55 wilding

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

Where soldiers fear to tread at work in the fields of anarchy by John Burnett.

John Burnett participated in the World Food Programme in 1998 and this is about his journey about the unpalatable realities of aid-provision.

#56 Illiterati

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

I am still in the middle of Cold Comfort Farm

But CCF is a laugh out loud hoot.  Ay, all that clettering (with a stick), scranletting, mollocking and Amos frittening the quiverers with his hell-fire sermons...

The Starkadders of 'Howling' remind me of a great many posts and posters on EB...

#57 leo the lioness

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:22 PM

I'm reading The Book Thief at the moment.

Edited by **LEO**, 24 May 2010 - 05:22 PM.

#58 Annetta

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hi all
hope you don't mind my posting I often lurk here reading reviews given I seem to have next to no time to find any good books like I used to enjoy before kids.

I have just started The Eternal Son by Cristovao Tezza
(an autobiographical novel about a young father whose son Felipe is born with down syndrome.) Wondering if anyone has read and could share some comments

I also just finished the Book Thief which I loved and think it would make a great movie.

Annetta

Edited by Annetta, 24 May 2010 - 05:33 PM.

#59 lulujayne3

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

I have just finished "Before Green Gables"

I am a massive Anne of Green Gables Fan and would love to read this! Who is the author?

I also just finished the Book Thief which I loved and think it would make a great movie.

I have read that book too and thoroughly enjoyed it!

At the moment I am reading "The Kite Runner" - it is fantastic and I highly recommend it original.gif

#60 Acidulous Osprey

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:28 PM

I adore Cold Comfort Farm, it's hysterically funny.  Try and track down Conference at Cold Comfort Farm--it's not as funny but it's still good.

I just finished the latest Diana Gabaldon and jeez.  What a fecking bore that was!

Just started the GoneAway World by Nick Harkaway and enjoying it so far.

#61 71Cath

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:03 PM

Hi Lulujayne3, Before Green Gables is by Budge Wilson - Canadian I think who won the right to write a prequel from the AoGG peple.  I found it in the kids section at Borders if that helps.

I am currently reading "One day in May" by Catherine Alliot - seems pretty light and easy so far.

#62 My4Sunshines

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:39 PM

atm reading My Steve, wasn't a big Steve Irwin fan just saw the book and was curious, I'm enjoying it though.
Next I'll be reading Lisa Williams book Life Among the Dead.

#63 71Cath

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

Finished "One Day in May" , pretty disappointing ending actually - a bit lazy I think

Now reading "Grave Surprise" by Charlaine Harris

#64 Michelle4

Posted 29 May 2010 - 07:02 PM

I am reading The Enemy by Charlie Higson

very interesting LOL, my 13 year old DS  was keen for me to read it as
he thought it was great.  

all the "grownups" are these infected zombie type things and it's set in London.

It has got me in.

#65 autumntree

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

Hey Michelle, maybe you and your son could try "Gone' by Michael Grant next. One day all the adults (everyone over 16) just disappears. There's a sequel just out too. Worth a read!

#66 Michelle4

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:37 PM

Funny you should say that autumntree   he has that book and has started it,
but has put it down - he said "it's a bit weird"  LOL

#67 Guest_Spektor_*

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

Point of Rescue by Sophie Hannah. Have really been enjoying her crime/thriller books.

#68 Inthepast

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Bubs10 @ 06/05/2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm reading 61 hours by Lee Child.

It is great, I can't put it down.  It is the first of his books I have read.  Has anyone read any others?  I need to get my hands on some more of the books he has written!

STOp- go back and read all the Jack Reacher novels. 61 hours is the 14th book!

I am reading the Laurell K Hamilton books. Just finished all the Anita Blake series an am now reading the Merry Gentry books. Not usually my style fantasy fiction but mixed into modern day with  too much sex in them is keeping me highly amused!

#69 Ianthe

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

I finished Persuasion by Jane Austen a couple of days ago.
I'm not reading Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.

#70 71Cath

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Of course I am now reading "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" blush.gif  blush.gif  rolleyes.gif  I really am hopeless!

#71 KaChing

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

71Cath you read so much, WOW

Daisygoat, what are the Anita Blake books like?

I am nearly finished Book 8 in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series and will then catch up with the newest editions of others I have left behind the the BDB  blush.gif

#72 71Cath

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

I know Deja vu, a friend of mine says I eat books (it is true!).  That is why I mostly get them from the library, and I just try to buy the really special ones.

I really enjoyed "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" (of course! tongue.gif )  I just quickly read "Eclipse" again to get myself in the mood for the movie and I am now onto "Shakespeare's Landlord" by Charlaine Harris - I love Sookie and Harper, so I thought I would give it a go.

#73 KaChing

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:51 PM

Haha I read Eclipse a month ago, to remind myself after all this time what the movie might be like!

Reading is great, I have never been a big reader but it just takes you away from the every-day stuff (and even more sometimes LOL)

#74 71Cath

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

100% agree Deja Vu!

I am now reading "Red Square Blues"  It is by Australian author Kim Traill, and I am really enjoying it.  She went to the (then) USSR at about the same time I did, so I am really relating to her experiences.  Of course I came home and was boring and went to uni, got married, had kids etc, but she seems to have been wandering around Europe for 20 years - so jealous!

Only 13 days until I see Eclipse at midnight!  And I am forcing DH to read Bree Tanner as well. tongue.gif

#75 lori~lee

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:21 PM

i'm reading michael parkinson's autobiography

Edited by lori~lee, 17 June 2010 - 03:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.