Losing my Wife, My Babies, My Dreams

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Nut

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

Bernie shares his sad story of loss after his wife, pregnant with twins, passed away suddenly from a blood clot.

Read the story here: http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/parenting/...00414-saz3.html

You can leave comments for Bernie here.

#2 jules363

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

That is one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever read, just devastating, and I am so sorry, Bernie.

#3 ~*KnM*~

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:47 PM

The link didn't come up

#4 katieface84

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:48 PM

Nut there was no link to click on in your post?

#5 Noddles

Posted 14 April 2010 - 12:52 PM

Bernie I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful wife and twins.

#6 JadeMonkey

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

Bernie, I'm very sorry for your loss.  I was so touched by your article.  I hope you can hold onto the joy and happiness of your memories of your wife.

#7 Nut

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:09 PM

Sorry. The link should have been added by the editors before they made the post visible. Have added it original.gif

#8 Gossipgirl

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:10 PM

So sorry for your loss xoxo
Heartbreaking story

#9 missjane78

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:17 PM

Bernie, I just had a big sob all over again reading that!   bbighug.gif

#10 Little*Star

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:18 PM

Bernie, I am so sorry for the loss of your wife and twins - she sounded an amazing women.

#11 Luckyinlove

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

I am truly sorry for your loss & so glad you have been able to find some solace on eb. Wishing you a bright future original.gif

#12 KyAquarius

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

Like Bryony, I too am sitting here in tears yet again! Its been a pleasure getting to know you through our group, you're a wonderful person and my heart goes out to you. hhugs.gif

Edited by KyAquarius, 14 April 2010 - 01:37 PM.

#13 My4Sunshines

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:45 PM

Bernie, I'm truely sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you.
Your wife and children will always be with you.
May your healing be peaceful.

#14 Blondiebear

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

Thank you for sharing your story Bernie. I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you the best for the future.

#15 boobybaby

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:02 PM

I'm so sorry for all you've been through, life just doesn't make sense sometimes...but it sounds like you have many wonderful memories of a precious wife to carry you through.

I'm so glad to hear your due-in group has been such a great support too, it's always nice to hear of people supporting others.

I have a blood disorder known as Anti-Phospholipid Syndrome which can cause clotting and pregnancy complications...so your wife's story touches my heart.

Thank you for sharing your story.

xoxo

#16 kittykat2010

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

Bernie,

I am so sadddened to read about your devestating losses... You sound like a couragous man and I know your wife and childrens memories will live on in so many ways through you and your actions.

I wish you a future filled with peace, happyness and joy.

Kat
xox

#17 MrsHuxy09

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:27 PM

Hi Bernie,
I couldnt not to you after reading your post...
bbighug.gif
Your story bought tears to my eyes and Im still so sorry this happened to you xxx

#18 MBMK

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:28 PM

I am so sorry for your enormous loss Bernie sad.gif Words can not be enough.

#19 Micha70

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

Bernie, I heard about your story through my good friend Claire, who was in your due in group.

I remember the utter devastation I felt for you then, to not only lose your beautiful wife, but the precious twins she was carrying too.

Your story is very touching. You have done Louise and your babies proud.

I wish you well for your future and thank you for sharing your story with us all.

#20 LittleRB

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:42 PM

Bernie, I am so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of your wonderful wife and your babies.

I can not even imagine what you are going through.

It's good to hear you have support through family, friends and counselling during this impossibly difficult time.

I hope you stay strong and that Louise's spirit and memory live on through this award.

#21 kell1974

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

Bernie: Like the other girls in our group im sitting here in tears to, it is such a close group that have been through so much together and im sure theres alot more to come but only good.
bbighug.gif Now and always
Kell

#22 mogy37

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:06 PM

Hi Bernie, as another member of our group, I also once more cry tears for you.  bbighug.gif to a very special person. xx

#23 char*el

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

Dear Bernie,

Like the other girls I am sitting here in tears, you are such a strong and wonderful man. We have you, Lou and the babies in our thoughts and prayers. I have their candles ready for tomorrow and they shall burn brightly all day. Sending you big hugs Bernie.

Love Char, El and Ariel

#24 Yankiegirl

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

Bernie, you are one of the most inspiriational people I have ever met, we are just as grateful to have you as part of our group, you are a constant support to all of us even throughout this tragic past year you have endured.  Sending you much love and hugs at the anniversary of losing your precious Louise and two babies. xoxo

#25 hitchcock71

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

bernie

i am so sorry to read your story about losing your beloved wife and your beautiful twins - on behalf of my family - i would like to say sorry - and that we send our love xxxxx hitchcock and family

to the november group

i hope that you contiune the amazing support and love you have for each other - i am also so sorry to read about the heartbreaking loss that you have lost in your dig group  - to lose so much in a small dig group is terrrible sad  - i wish you all the very best for the future  love hitchcock and family xxxxxxxxxxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.