Losing my Wife, My Babies, My Dreams

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#26 3cubs

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:27 PM

Hi Bernie,

Thinking of u and thanking u for all the support u gave in our time of need. I will never forget this time last year when we first heard the news. Utter disbelief and then the very sad story unfolded. I hope some of those dreams come back to u in this lifetime.

Unfortunately, my innocence has been tainted from what happened to me, u and other members in our group. never expected any of it. Life can deal some difficult and curly ones.

I look forward to the day when I can write Lewis' story. I hope that having written this also aids the healing as Im sure it would.. one extra layer off the chest.

Take care

Ingrid x

Edited by threebubs, 14 April 2010 - 03:29 PM.

#27 oli77

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:39 PM

What a traumatic event to occur to you and my prayers go to you and your extended family.

Nothing can replace what you have lost, however, I hope that you do find happiness again in the future.

It also sounds as though the EB family has also provided support for you and by sharing your story with us it ensures we are in touch with reality of what can happen and how precious life is.

#28 kristy77

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

Thinking of you Bernie. You are such a sweet man and deserve happiness. I remember your first post in our NOV DIG and I thought 'what a sweet husband posting on here'. You are an amazing man. Thankyou for also acknowledging Flynn in your article. I had tears in my eye the whole time I read it. Our DIG did suffer too much sadness. May we only experience happiness from now on.
As always sending my love to you
Kristy xo

#29 logansmummie

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

Bernie,i am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife and babies....My thoughts and prayers are with you...Please take care of yourself..

#30 kpingitquiet

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

Bernie,

So many sympathies for all you've been through. Your wife sounds like she was an amazing woman. Thank you for sharing your story so that maybe other fathers experiencing loss can know that someone out there understands. My heart goes out to you.

To the November DIG: I am in a November DIG, this year, and I know I'd be lost without these ladies. Thank you for extending your support to Bernie and the rest of your DIG family long after those DIG dates have gone.

#31 joka

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

Bernie,
I often wonder how you are doing. So glad to hear that you are getting the support that you need.
It is wonderful to hear that Lou's life is being remembered in such wonderful ways.
All my love once again
Kat

#32 Alina0210

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

Bernie... im so sorry of your loss... huge hugs from Perth...

#33 RealityBites

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

Bernie, I am so sorry for your loss. A friend of mine died in her 30s from a sudden clot, dreadful thing to happen, especially to someone so young xx

#34 Nowfor4

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

Bernie, I am so sorry for your loss of your wife and your babies. Also sorry to hear that your dig suffered alot of loss also. Take care

#35 leo the lioness

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:48 PM

Bernie, I'm so sorry for the loss of Louise and your unborn babies.  I'm glad that the wonderful "girls" in the November DIG are helping you through this sad time.  Take care.

#36 QueenElsa

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:51 PM

How tragic Bernnie.  May Louise and your babies rest peacefully.  I hope there is great happiness in you future.
xx

#37 RachealJane

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

I remember when this happened. I was due in the 1st -15th Nov group and she was due in the 16th-30th Nov group. There were a lot of very tragic losses for those two groups. Such a sad time.

I hope your heart is healing from this unimaginable tragedy.

#38 streaky

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:21 PM

Bernie you have been through so much hen it should have been 1 of the happiest times in your life.
The day I posted the sad news was the worst day in my life. No one should ever have to go through what you went through.
We didn't know much about Louise but THANK YOU so much for letting us get to know her over the last 12months, she certainly is 1 very talented Lady that achieved so much in her short life.
A huge thank you to you for continuing to be there for us through the rest of out PG's and the birth of our babies even though you should have been enjoying the wonderful moments yourself. You sure are a person that everyone would want as a friend.

Thank you to everyone for your kind words to our DIG, we went through so many sad times in them short 9 months and I pray that no other group has to suffer as much as we did, I know everyone says it about their DIG but we have had a special bond and still continue to share this special bond.

Louise and your 2 precious angels, Xavier, Flynn and Lewis you all will never be forgotten XXXX

#39 natjay

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

Bernie - i am so glad to have met you and wish so deeply that the circumstances were different.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow and lighting a candle for you and your family.

#40 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:36 PM

Thank you for sharing your story Bernie - I am so sorry for your loss.

My condolences to the families of Xavier, Flynn and Lewis as well. I have tears in my eyes for all of you.

#41 tine1973

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

Bernie..

no words of attempted condolence seem adequate right now... I am so sorry for your loss, it must seem to overwhelming at times..
i hope that putting it down and sharing with the EB community can help you to heal in some small way..
wishing you a lifetime of healing, love and happiness

tine1973
DS-2

#42 Feral-Lausii

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:22 PM

I was in the earlier DIG november, but remember your story as I often popped in there. I am so sorry for the loss of your babies and wife.

#43 hernette

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:55 AM

I am so very sorry

Edited by hernette, 15 April 2010 - 06:56 AM.

#44 Bec .

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:59 AM

I just wanted to add my condolences too Bernie. You have been through what would be most people's greatest fears, losing their family. You are an incredibly brave man for posting your story and still reaching out to people through your grief. I hope that you continue to get the support you need on your healing journey. I shared a DIG with one of your November DIG mums and I know how much she cares about you and the other ladies in your group. You all formed such a special bond through your grief and that is truly remarkable. Go gently.

#45 Guest_jaicorbe_*

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

Bernie, I am so terribly sorry for your losses. I hope the Coronial process is able to be finalised for you soon as I know how difficult and drawn out that all is.

#46 nlp1976

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:32 AM

Bernie, Sorry for your loss. I worked with Louise at PCC and her enthusiasm and commitment will always be remembered.

#47 Dackel

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:36 AM

Bernie, You know your dear wife and babies will live on in your heart. It is not an easy road, my friend, but it is one that you can walk. Remember, love never dies.

#48 Tarshy77

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:23 AM

Bernie - I am also sitting here in tears - reading your story on the anniversary of Louise's death.  As other members of the DIG have posted THANK YOU for being such a valued member and allowing us to know the special woman that Louise was.  

#49 ~ky~

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

Bernie ... I am so sorry

Thankyou for sharing Louise with us - her life, although brief was lived well.

Please, know that we are always here should you need us ...

Ky

#50 claireml

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

Dearest Bernie
The day I read the news I was completely stunned and saddened, I didn't know if I would be able to ever post on EB again...it was too sad.  But with the support of all our group, we all came together and helped each other through that tragic time.
Like all those before me, I am also sitting here in tears (especially as today is the anniversary of Lou and the twins passing).  
I just want to say how amazing you are - you and I have shared several lunches and I always enjoy that time.  Louise would be so proud of you, I know she watches over you all the time and she is currently enjoying your trip with you and all the 'grey nomads'.
You have shown such courage in the face of adversity and devastation, you have shown everyone how to pick yourself up and dust yourself off and just put one foot in front of the other each day.  
We all appreciate you and are so grateful and proud to include you in our list of friends, our candles are lit and Louise and the twins are in our thoughts especially today.
Much love
Claire, Dave, Hannah and Sophie
xxxx

Also remembering Xavier, Flynn and Lewis who were also special angels that were too young to go. xxxxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.