Losing my Wife, My Babies, My Dreams

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#51 wilma09

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:38 PM

Dear Bernie

I can never understand why such terrible things happen to good people.

I think you are amazing for just keeping on keeping on.

I am so sorry for your losses and wish you all the very best for the future.

#52 justcallmemum

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:10 PM

I'm so sorry to read about your losses. What and incredibly strong person you are.
I hope with time you continue to heal and your pain becomes less raw.
Louise must be so proud reading and watching over you.

#53 mickeymouse

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:10 PM

Bernie -

Thank you for sharing your heartbreaking story with the wider EB community.

I too have written my story here for the Feature Member, and it is very hard to do... your emotions come out in the words.

Thank you again - I wish you every peace and happiness you can find. Be very kind and gentle to yourself over the coming months and years... greif is a very personal journey, so be true to yourself.

With love,

#54 RandTsMummy

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:17 PM

Bernie, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I lost my daughter Rose last year and I remember thinking how do people get through such grief without their partners. My husband is my strength. I'm sure Lousie is helping you in her own special way.

Thank you for giving us a brief glimpse into your life.

Wishing you and your extended family gentle days.

Zoe x

#55 BubZone

Posted 15 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

What a difficult journey for you - so sorry for your loss.

#56 bellalee

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

I don't have much to say but I could not read your story without coming in here to tell you that I am so sorry for your loss.

#57 KristyMum-

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:06 AM

Unimaginable.

To say life can be unfair is an understatement.

Everyday your loving them, honours them and keeps them in your heart.

#58 ..::mama::..

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:32 AM

Dear Bernie

I read your story with tears running down my face, I am so sorry about the loss of your wife and babies. I lost twin baby girls in 2008 at 20 weeks - saying goodbye to them was the hardest thing I have ever done, I can only imagine what saying goodbye to your wife as well would be like.

I hope you are OK, and wish you a special life ahead. I'm sure your three angels will always be watching over you...

Meg.

#59 Eliza the Mum

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:16 AM

I couldn't read your story without passing on my thoughts to you, although i don't know the words to say.

You're a very remarkable man to have the strength to share your story and to continue to offer your support to your DIG through such terrible times for so many people. I'm sorry to everyone who has lost someone they love.

#60 Guest_Frank Fitzgerald-R_*

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:10 AM

HiYa Bernard,

... our love, prayers, wishes, energy continue for you.  Louise often pops up in my thoughts.  An enviro ed. colleague in Vic. sent me the link to your heartbreaking story - she lives on in the thoughts of so many others too eh?  Your loss has been just too huge.  P'raps a solace might be too know that three precious souls are on your side for ever more?  Warm regards, love and bests ... Frank (Vox) xx

#61 Guest_BeachedAsBro_*

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:16 AM

Hi Bernie,

I can't fathom what you're going through. I remember reading your posts in the past & feeling so inadequate.

Please know, that even though I'm a stranger, I'm thinking of you. Thanks for sharing your story, I hope in the future you are able to find some happiness.

#62 Mini Munchkins

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

A devastating story. Bernie I am truly sorry for the loss of your wife and babies. May you always cherish the memories of your wife.

#63 bikegirl

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

Such a tragic story, I am so sorry for your loss Bernie. Cherish the memories.

#64 Nut

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:15 PM

I just wanted to add as well... While this is a terrible and sad story, Bernie was nominated to write his tale as he is a highly admired contributor on the board. He has his own BG, started in his honour. He has been able to offer such wonderful and heart felt support to many members on the forum as have others been able to offer him.

I think it's a great example of just how wonderful these forums can be when it comes to the crunch, even when sometimes it may not appear that way on the surface.

#65 Apple Blossom

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

Bernie, gosh, My heart breaks for you.  I have no other words. Thinking about you during this sad, sad time.

Take care of you. xxx

#66 Madeline's Mum

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

Bernie, thank you for sharing your heart breaking story. I was so sorry to read about your terrible loss. I hope that your days are becoming filled with slightly longer periods of joy and happiness, and that these keep becoming longer.
My thoughts are with you.

#67 Drop Dead Fred

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

Bernie, thank you for sharing your heartbreaking story

I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your wife, babies and dreams

I admire your strength to tell your story

xo

#68 Gone-Country

Posted 18 April 2010 - 09:02 PM

Bernie,

I was very briefly in your DIG before having an early m/c and remember reading with shock and sheer sadness about Louise's passing.  Again I am so sorry for your loss. I often wonder how you are going.  Thank you for sharing your heartbreaking story. It is nice to read that Louise touched so many lives and is still being praised for the work she did.

Bless.

Lisa

#69 ~A2~

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:40 PM

Hi Bernie

I just wanted to say thankyou for sharing your story with the wider EB community.  It is a special tribute to your family and to you as well as you are such a very special person.

I am also the proud Moderator of your BG and it one of the true symbols of what EB is all about.   You are very important to all the girls in there.

Love

Ali

#70 AussiePomm

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:52 AM

Thanks EVERYONE for your comments, thoughts, prayers and friendships...

I am also sorry for not replying sooner, but I am away at the moment for a conference in France, and an extended trip away with Louise's parents. We actually had Louise's first annic=versary (15th April) at Notre Dame Cathedral, where I lit some candles and her mother also...

I also did a blog post to remember her, if you want to have a look!

Ok, internet is about to cut out (sorry), so I had better go... Thanks again EVERYONE.... I really do appreciate it!

#71 Dons

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:59 PM

Bernie

I became aware of your story as my dear friend was in the DIG you continued to be involved in and I am so sad to read your story of your wife and babies

Thinking of you as you remember your beautiful family

#72 mandysgirls

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

I am very sorry to read of your loss.

You are a very brave man to share your story and I thank you for that.

#73 FluffyChickenhead

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:06 AM

Sorry bernie for your loss. Thankyou for having the strength to share your story on eb.

Im glad you found alot of support from your DIG. They sound like an amazing bunch of women.

#74 nicknick

Posted 21 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

Bernie,

I am very sorry for the loss of your wife, babies and dreams. I am  hands.gif for you & your family during this very difficult time. What a very beautiful way to remember such an amazing woman.  wub.gif

#75 Lesley Sutton

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

So so sad. Am having a quiet cry reading this. Good luck - I can only hope that one day you have the children you deserve.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.