Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:53 PM

silver!! ddance.gif
O/t I need a new sig.

#4 whydoibother

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Bronze laughing2.gif

#5 wiggler

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:53 PM

A new thread - does not happen often these days.

Thought I would do a little quizz to get to now the kids again
....lets start simple
1/ favourite colour??
James - green. Been that for a hwile now. A very definite green. Says because it is like trees and Ben 10. He has never seen a Ben 10 show but like him.
Tom - yellow...then blue....sometimes orange...often pink. Funnily it is never green.
2/ favourite stories??
James - Hattie and the Fox, Possum magic, Green Eggs and Ham. He didnt think too much of Bambi as the mum gets killed and he burst into tears.
Thomas -
3/ favourtie food??
James - Peanut butter, apple juice, nutrigrain, bananas, gnocchi, icecream.......and most of all ( I find this odd) sashmi. Preferably Tuna. Expensive taste but he can get through a whole big bit all too himself.
Tom - vegemite, orange juice, mandarines, ghocchi and chocolate...and Tom's odd one is smoked oysters on pepper crackers. He could eat a whole tin himself.
4/ [b]what do they want to be when they grow up??
James wants to be a Doctor - but that is purely as that is all he really knows at present. occasionally he says he wants to be an explorer.
Tom wants to be a navigator. Sounds odd but they always have arguements over who is the captain of the boat/train/car/plane when they are playing so we made up navigators and engineers. Tom has taken a liking to navigator. I dont think he knows what it means.
5/ things they like to play??
Both - sticks, trees, balls, bats, trucks, planes, trains, paint, hammers, tools, scooters, bikes, jumping on beds, hide and seek.
6/ favourite security blanket/toy??
James has given up his dummy but still has an "ousht" (blankie)
Tom has an "ousht" too
7/ Mummy/Daddy Boy/Girl??
James is definitely a mummy's boy.
Tom is a little more liberal with his love but favours Dad at times.

feel free to add any??

Guimmeguitars - I wouldnt worry to much about Jett - James is the same. He does eventually come out of his shell but it takes the time. His swimming teacher the other day (after a whole term with her) said she had only heard him talk once and he loves swimming lessons.

A new thread - does not happen often these days.

Thought I would do a little quizz to get to now the kids again
....lets start simple
1/ favourite colour??
James - green. Been that for a hwile now. A very definite green. Says because it is like trees and Ben 10. He has never seen a Ben 10 show but like him.
Tom - yellow...then blue....sometimes orange...often pink. Funnily it is never green.
2/ favourite stories??
James - Hattie and the Fox, Possum magic, Green Eggs and Ham. He didnt think too much of Bambi as the mum gets killed and he burst into tears.
Thomas -
3/ favourtie food??
James - Peanut butter, apple juice, nutrigrain, bananas, gnocchi, icecream.......and most of all ( I find this odd) sashmi. Preferably Tuna. Expensive taste but he can get through a whole big bit all too himself.
Tom - vegemite, orange juice, mandarines, ghocchi and chocolate...and Tom's odd one is smoked oysters on pepper crackers. He could eat a whole tin himself.
James wants to be a Doctor - but that is purely as that is all he really knows at present. occasionally he says he wants to be an explorer.
Tom wants to be a navigator. Sounds odd but they always have arguements over who is the captain of the boat/train/car/plane when they are playing so we made up navigators and engineers. Tom has taken a liking to navigator. I dont think he knows what it means.
Both - sticks, trees, balls, bats, trucks, planes, trains, paint, hammers, tools, scooters, bikes, jumping on beds, hide and seek.
James has given up his dummy but still has an "ousht" (blankie)
Tom has an "ousht" too
James is definitely a mummy's boy.
Tom is a little more liberal with his love but favours Dad at times.

feel free to add any??

Guimmeguitars - I wouldnt worry to much about Jett - James is the same. He does eventually come out of his shell but it takes the time. His swimming teacher the other day (after a whole term with her) said she had only heard him talk once and he loves swimming lessons.

#6 whydoibother

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

1/ favourite colour??
Amelia:Not sure but I suspect pink or mauve-she cahnges her miond all the time.
Noah: no idea.
2/ favourite stories??
Amelia: There is one about a grumpy cat she likes.
Noah: HE just likes picture books those ones with shapes and objects in them atm

3/ favourtie food??
Amelia: corned beef laughing2.gif or icecream
Noah: doughnuts  blush.gif he calls them doh-dohs
ASmelia wants to be a ballet dancer some days and other days something different.
Amelia: loves to draw, dance, run around outside and play/make mud.
Noah: is a mad soccer fan and loves to kick any sized ball around the place. He likes real boys things like sticks, throwing stuff, climbing.
AMelia has her stupid dummy still...
Noah doesn't really have one but loves balloons.
Amelia is a bit of both but in the end is a daddy's girl
Noah is definately a mummy's boy but he is wuite attached to daddy atm

#7 gimmeguitars

Posted 14 April 2010 - 01:36 PM

Great idea, Karen original.gif

1/ favourite colour??

Kasey - Purple/Red
Jett - Pink (lmao) & red (elmo's red, you see)

2/ favourite stories??
Kasey-Reads everything under the sun!! too hard (lol)
Jett- Tawny scrawny lion, 10 in the bed, happy and you know it, the little engine that could, anything miffy or elmo, where is the green sheep

3/ favourtie food??

Kasey- Loves "wraps" aka burritos, Spaghetti, Chocolate
Jett- Apples (fave fruit), Ham and cheese rolls, Peanut butter, spaghetti, likes to get "smiley face" meat from the deli. I think he just likes to bat his eyelashes at the lady serving him on the day though, the big flirt his is!!! lol, chocolate

Kasey- maybe an artist or vet ? loves to do drawing and painting etc can be lost for hours doing that kinda stuff, likes animals
Jett- probably wants to be an actor or something lol, he's so quiet at daycare and kinder, but around family and friends he is a real attention seeker

Hide and go seek, dress ups, tap tap sets, just getting into lego (yay my fave!! lol), barbies, my little pony, polly pocket, cars. They love riding their bikes/trike everyday so not looking forward to winter in that respect. Love playdough too.

Kasey-Whatever is the current facination, really. She'll say she wants to bring something only because J is bringing elmo.
Jett- still elmo. He goes everywhere except kinder and only sometimes to daycare. And that's ok by me.

Predictable- J mummy's boy, K daddy's girl.

8/ Toilet trained?
Jett- Yes during day and night but still doing poo during the day in his jocks sick.gif
Kasey- yes and even dry MOST nights now, ddance.gif please please please stay that way hands.gif

#8 whydoibother

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

8/ Toilet trained?
Amelia: she will go on the potty during the day for both but night still wears a nappy.
Noah:nowhere near ready-he will take his nappy off if it is wet sometimes but yeah I sat him on her potty and he was like wtf laughing2.gif

#9 :)Helena

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

heya folks long time no post wink.gif

I figured I'd answer the qu's and try and catch up properly tomorrow

1/ favourite colour??
Caelan- probably red/black
Aedan- no idea but he looks best in blue lol actually he always grabs an orange block (long one) & calls it a carrot so maybe orange?!

2/ favourite stories??
Caelan- An Aussie night before Christmas, Toys to the rescue (toy story 2), Elmo visits the doctor, What did you bring? (Sesame St book) Going Up (Another sesame St) & A home for Bilby tend to be his 1st choices but seems to like anything really
Aedan- Rowdy Devil's hide and seek (he's a self proclaimed little tassie devil wink.gif ) Me & You, My first words & pictures & Busy Babies... oh and a heap of Night Garden books, especially Makka Pakka & Upsy Daisy lol

3/ favourtie food??
Caelan- cashews, yoghurt, apples,
Aedan-sultanas, carrots, apple, cheese
both inhale spag bol, cashew chicken, & homemade pizza too

4/ what do they want to be when they grow up??
Dunno if they've thought about it lol. Will have to ask and get back to you on that one!

Caelan- Dress ups, puzzles drawing, painting, ball games, he likes to pretend to be sportacus & do pushups & laps of the house lol. Unfortunately he's started to play some ps2 but I'm being striict about limiting it! He loves baking with me too but my diet has limited that recently! He LOVES kinder, especially Maisie wub.gif
Aedan- building blocks, hide & seek (curtains are his fave), ball chucking, dancing, climbing. He loves both gymbaroo & his swimming lessons & is much more sociable than Caelan was- a lot chattier too original.gif

Caelan- Woody the cowboy
Aedan- probably my old Grover & his Elmo & Beru bear

both mummy's boys wub.gif

8/ Toilet trained?
Caelan- yep fully trained but wont wipe his bum lol
Aedan- gonna start thinking about it soon- he keeps standing in the bath when he needs to pee lol

I'll try and think of some more qus to add later, to knackered noww, Wednesdays are nuts here & really take it outta me!
We're all good here tho, the boys are great fun, (tho Aedan was a bit chucky last week which was no fun!) I've been vaguely following the Bodytrim diet since mid Jan which has been a huge effort as I love my food and have never had much willpower before!  It's been a real change for me tho which is good, I just need to start more exercise and will get there.. 12kg down already so I'm making progress at least.. I just really miss my carbs!! We've booked a holiday for July so I wanna reach my pre-preg weight by then if I can...

Hope everone's keeping well & having fun with their little people, welcome to the newbies here, you may have inspired a resurrection of what use to be a group of prolific posters here! I agree tho that facebook has taken over a bit as I don"t get the time to sit and write long posts anymore, quick updates, comments and 'likes' suit the craziness of chasing after my 2 boys much better these days but like Karen, I miss the stories we'd share...
Annnyhoo, time to get sorted for bed
:)hel xo

Edited by :)Helena, 14 April 2010 - 10:10 PM.

#10 gimmeguitars

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

DS did a poo on the toilet this morning, first one in a loooong time woohoo

sorry yes that is my exciting life atm. LOL.

#11 wiggler

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

8/ tolielt trained??
James is completely trained during the day but still wears nappies at night. Pasrtly due to a lazy mum and dad. He asked the other day not too (his cousin had teased him and she is the same age). He had two completely dry nights and then some shockers. The washing was too much for me and the interuptted sleep. We are also heading camping next week and the thought of wee wet stuff out bush made me decide to try again later - maybe as summer approaches.
Tom - not toliet trained

#12 ~Perplexity~

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:38 PM

1/ favourite colour??
Ellie - Pink, everything has to be pink at the moment
Hamish - No idea, i don't think he cares at the moment

2/ favourite stories??
Ellie - At the moment it is Peter Pan, otherwise Cinderella, Snow White or The Little Mermaid.
Hamish - Any book that makes noises.

3/ favourtie food??
Ellie - Yoghurt and anything she cannot have all the time i.e Pies, tinned Spaghetti or Chocolate.
Hamish - Biscuits, yoghurt and bananas

Ellie - at the moment she wants to be a princess, lol
Hamish - I can only assume at the moment a demolition worker, he likes to search and destroy at the moment.

Ellie - dolls, doctor, dancing
Hamish - he doesn't really play, just destroys what Ellie is playing.

Neither have a security blanket or toy.

Ellie - Daddys girl
Hamish - Mummys boy

8/ Toilet trained?
Ellie - Fully day trained, still in night nappies.  Tried her a few nights but had a few accidents and i value my sleep too much to try again yet.
Hamish - Nowhere near ready yet.

#13 ~Goggles~

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:35 AM

Hey everyone! Sorry  i have been a slack-a*se! Easier to keep up on FB!

1/favourite colour??
Ella - Pink
Lila -Yellow, she gets very excited when she gets a yellow plate/shirt

2/ favourite stories??
Ella - At the moment it is "Where's Stripey" which is about a little emu that goes missing from his Daddy - very cute
Lila - Either Nemo or Scaredy Cat

3/ favourite food??
Ella - special things laughing2.gif jelly, custard, chips etc - but she eats anything she is given except sweet potato
Lila - 'chippies', bananas, cheese

Ella - she is forever talking about 'when i am a bigger girl', i think she wants to be a princess or maybe a hairdresser as she is obsessed with hair
Lila - no idea - maybe one of those people that operate the big destroying balls on the cranes as she is so destructive laughing2.gif

Ella - My Little Ponies (she plays with them all day, lining them up, building them houses, brushing their hair, having picnics for them), she also loves her animals (just the plastic ones)
Lila - loves blocks, loves kicking over Ella's ponies  rolleyes.gif , reading books

Ella - has a cloth nappy called 'Snuggles' that she has for sleeptime
Lila - has a little bear in a rabbit suit called 'Bunnybear'

Ella - Mummy's girl
Lila - Mummy's girl

8/ Toilet trained?
Ella - has been daytrained for about 8 months and night trained for about 3 months biggrin.gif So glad we have one out of nappies. She wakes us up at night if she needs to wee and has only had 2 accidents.
Lila - has done 3 wees on the potty but is a long way off

#14 ~Perplexity~

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:26 PM

Hi again,
Has anyone's kids ever had a lymph node on their neck sticking out.
E was complaining of a sore neck and at first it felt like a strained muscle but then i felt the lump, took her to the doctors and the doctor said it is a lymph node, the other side is slightly raised but not as much and that her tonsils are swollen one side worse than the other but not infected.  I have myself all worked up with worry but i have been told that lymph nodes can stick out when tonsils are swollen.  Her neck is not sore anymore and she has not complained about a sore throat at all.

Edited by fraggles, 17 April 2010 - 12:26 PM.

#15 whydoibother

Posted 17 April 2010 - 04:29 PM

I have had that all the time as a child as I have crappy sinuses, used to get recurrent tonsillitis etc
one side has been bigger as long as I can remember--no ill harm here.

#16 ~Goggles~

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:17 PM

Fraggles, Ella has had an enlarged lymph node for about a year and i was quite concerned as the doctor said that if it didn't go away in a 6 week period it might be reason for concern.
However, after a while (about 6 months) it was still there so i went back and she explained that because children are so little, their lymph nodes are much easier to feel. She said that in adults, we have much more fat and most adults would have an enlarged lymph node or two but we just can't feel them. She also said that if the nodes are enlarged it usually means they are doing their job properly.
However, Ella's was not sore (that she told me) and she never complained about it. The fact that Ellie's tonsils are also enlarged would probably indicate she is fighting off 'something' as the tonsils are a defense mechanism. If she is still complaining about it on Monday i would probably get it checked out, but just letting you know what i have been told about it in a similar issue. I was so worried as Ella was also having nose bleeds at the time i found the lump and Google is not necessarily your friend in this situation.
Hope that helps you feel better about it somewhat. original.gif

#17 ~Perplexity~

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for the replies.
It is not bothering her at all now, and yes MonieG google is not my friend.
You have both made me feel a bit better now.  I did start the antibiotics the doctor gave for her in case her tonsils did not go down, so will see how that goes.
I just had myself in a state of panic i think.

#18 Lee~XOX

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

fraggles ~ Glad it seems to be settling down.  Anything out of the ordinary is a little scary original.gif

1/ favourite colour??
Campbell - Blue
Georgia - Yellow excites her wink.gif

2/ favourite stories??
Campbell - If he picks his own book, he still grabs There's a A House Inside My Mummy.  I think it has something to do with knowing the words back-to-front roll2.gif
Georgia - Anything with noise.

3/ favourtie food??
Campbell - Right now, chocolate wink.gif Bloody Easter supply!  Still pasta and nuggets is the sure bet.
Georgia - She loves pasta/rice.  Adores pumpkin and potato mash.  She loves her fruit - unlike C who won't touch it!  G snacks on fruit ALL day.
Dominic - Milk roll2.gif

Campbell - He hasn't said specifically.  I think he thinks trucks are a way of life.
Georgia - Let's stick with stylist wub.gif  She's an accessories girl.

Campbell - Cars and trains.  Lots of tracks and sheds being built out of blocks/books etc to house his fleet.
Georgia - If I want her to play, she has to be outside.  She struggles with cabin fever sooo bad.  If she's inside, she's tormenting Campbell.

Campbell - He's pretty much over it.  His blankie is still around from when he was little but he doesn't normally ask for it.  It stays in his daycare bag.
Georgia - She has a taggie, a Hippo stuffed toy and a dummy.  
Dominic - Mummy wink.gif

They swap.  Considering Chris's hours ATM I am the parent 98% so there's novelty value when Daddy is around.  I'd say generally they're both Mummy's.

8/ Toilet trained?
Campbell - Yes.  Day trained completely for about 6 months.  He is trying to wipe his own bum but I prefer for it to be done properly.  He has been dry in the morning for ages too, but he refuses to drop the pullups.  Any tips?  I've given him every choice instead of (undies/briefs/nothing/boxers).
Georgia - Haven't even bothered, she's definitely not ready.  If I leave her 10 minutes after the shower, she'll pee all over the floor rolleyes.gif

#19 whydoibother

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

fraggles: See I can feel mine but they don't hurt-it is like one side of my neck is sort of bigger laughing2.gif try the antibiotics-it could be hayfever as well.

#20 ~Perplexity~

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:44 PM

Thanks Cally, it is not hurting her now, she only complained about it being sore for one day.  I have an appointment for her a the doctors Friday hopefully that can ease my mind.

#21 lexi11

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

hi everyone original.gif my little one (or not so little anymore) was born in july 2006, her name is alex and she has a few special needs. Im hoping you guys wouldnt mind me joining in here? original.gif
Peta xox

#22 ~Perplexity~

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

Hi Peta.  Welcome.  I have my DD Ellie who was born in July 06 and my DS Hamish who was born in Dec 08.

Edited by fraggles, 21 April 2010 - 08:16 PM.

#23 gimmeguitars

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:04 AM

Hey Peta! welcome, we would love to hear from you and all about your fam original.gif

===

How's miss E, now? hope she is well on her way to recovering?

Chris xox

#24 lexi11

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

thanks guys original.gif Well its just Alex and I, her dad left when alex was in icu last year. father of the yr award there. anyways, so alex is a tube feeder, shes just started talking and has the attitude of a 13 yr old. GRRR lol. shes at day care today, which is my respite and her social skills bulider. so im on here as long as i please biggrin.gif

#25 ~Perplexity~

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:37 PM

Peta, sorry to hear about Alex's dad leaving while she was in ICU that must have been awful.

Wednesday at the moment is my peace and quiet day when both are at daycare and i am not working.  Today and Friday they are both here with me creating havoc and Monday, Tuesday they are at daycare while i work.

E's tonsil is still swollen have a doctor appt tomorrow so will see what comes out of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.