July 06 Parents # 159

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#51 winterbaby

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

Dannii - they have come round fast haven't they...
We went shopping on the weekend & bought Ben his first real bike for his birthday. OMG! I would have been happy with an $80 one from BigW or something LOL, but no - DH & I also got new bikes & so Benjamin is getting a little mongoose bike. $250 odd later - that bloody thing had better last cause he ain't getting a new one for a loong time!

Ben is another that is overly sensitive atm - he cries at everything (especially being told no).  But then he jumps to fury with his sister randomly too...  He woke up screaming at her yesterday & I swear I could see steam coming from his ears! (She'd pulled apart his light saber & taking the light bulb laughing2.gif).

#52 gimmeguitars

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:40 PM

we're thinking we will get J a big boy bike too. They had a supercute one in Target the other day for $65 on special. Should have layby'ed it- but I think they charge $2 or something everytime you pay some money off of it. Better for me $$wise to just go and buy one when I have the money for it, I think? IDK. My work hours have been cut so kinda stressing about money atm. thinking a cheapie as DD just upgraded to a fancy one (think over $300) so I might let him upgrade when he is older at school. Plus he seems to be growing up faster or something. He is size 11 in shoes now, Kasey is only just in a size 1 and they are nearly 4 years apart so something tells me he won't use this bike for all that long laughing2.gif

Edited by gimmeguitars, 01 June 2010 - 10:42 PM.

#53 whydoibother

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

Chris: I have never heard of them charging a fee like on lay buy? They charge a fee to establish it (like a $2 at the most) and then you make regular payments. Here you go:
• A minimum transaction of $20.
• A minimum deposit of 10% of the total of the lay-by
• Regular fortnightly payments MUST be made

omg size 11 shoes! Amelia is a 9 I think and Noah is a 7.  laughing2.gif gonna have a tall boy there!
Dannii: laughing2.gif at the boys playing Amelia and Noah are the same but Amelia will start a physical fight then Noah pinches or bites her-I break it up and then she has to keep getting in his face...grr
They wrestle too and run around like mad things! I remember being the same with my younger brother (almost the same age gap).  Amelia screeches like a banshee when she doesn't get her own way so annoying!  I can't believe they are all 4 soon it has gone so fast!

#54 ~Perplexity~

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

Hi,

Wow size 11 shoes.  E is only a size 8 and H is a size 5.5.

We bought E a big girl bike for christmas so will have to think of something else for her birthday.  I can't believe how quickly they are growing up either.

E seems to get upset a lot easy as well.  Today H shoved her (mind you he is half her size) and she started crying and needing to be picked up and cuddled.  Still not night toilet trained here yet, hoping soon as she has been day trained for ages.

#55 JoRiCo

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

Happy 4th Birthday James!!!!!!

Wow our first big 4 year old  ffear.gif !
Hope he has a fantastic day Karen!

Dannii

#56 wiggler

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

He did Dannii - absolutely loved having a bday party. He was excited for days and days. HeGot to go as doing a talk in 4 mins but will try to post more later.  wanted to do it all over again today. I cant believe he is 4yrs old. He has really grown up a lot lately too.

What has eceryone got planned for bday parties??

#57 whydoibother

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

Happy (belated) 4th Birthday James!!!!!!

#58 gimmeguitars

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

Happy birthday for James. I know, it's gone soooo quickly. Nothing planned at this stage, I will be at work on his actual birthday so gonna cook some cupcakes. I had said he could have a party.... not sure I can afford a big one or anything since my hours have been cut, see how we go. Not sure who to invite? it's hard as all his mates have 2 or 3 bothers...you invite them, they all come (eg invite 5 but have to cater for upwards of 15...) and yes, I know I am a tightarse. Least with DD you can get away with a party in the park with some cake and few goodies in summer. Winter= whole new ball game, now I know what my parents had to contend with. Last year I panned to go to the farm, it was a huge storm... ended up catching a small tourist train.

Edited by gimmeguitars, 16 June 2010 - 08:00 PM.

#59 wiggler

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

We had a party in the back garden. Kept it quite simple. Put up on of our big shade tents and filled it full of white ballooons. They where the clouds and kids raced around inside and pretended to be planes. The themes was an aeroplane party. My mum also found some foam model planes in "cheap and chips" for $1 each and we had about 15 of those for kids to fly about. We where fortunate with the weather as even though it is winter it was a lovely lovely sunny day. We played pass the parcel, had a treasue hunt for small boxes of smarties and had an aeroplane flying competition. James had the best time ever. He was so excited. He is still going around telling anyone who will isten that he is 4yrs old now.

Gimme guitars - it does add up having a party. I didnt actually provide a lot of food. One packet cake to make an aeroplane cake. One packet cake mix that made about 60 small cup cakes. I made some small honey crackles/joys (but we had all the stuff for that in the cupboard) and used some fo the fruit we had in the fridge. I then got about 30 party pies and sausage rolls from brumbies. Suprising they only came to $15 and where yummy. That was all the kids got. We have a soda stream so they got soda water with a bit of cordial or apple juice. You could just do a speail outing for him. Our boys get a party every second year. The brother and sister thing can get tricky, but I also think they are getting to an age where you can be specific. My sister never came to my friends bday parties when I was little. My sister had Lili's at hungry jacks recently as she didnt want the hassle and it worked out quite cheap. $80 for about 15 kids.

#60 gimmeguitars

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

what a gorgeous I idea I bet he loved it  tthumbs.gif

#61 ~Perplexity~

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:31 PM

Happy (belated) Birthday James.

I am busy trying to organise E's birthday, she wants a mermaid party.  I am having to find a venue because our house is too small for the 12 kids she wants to invite.  So we are going to have  Hey Dee Ho (sp?) party with a beach/mermaid theme.  

Gimme-guitars - it does add up doesn't it.  Because i am working full time now i just don't have the opportunity to organise the house for a party so am having to pay per head for her party.  I am hoping by next year we will have been able to move houses and we can have something at home then.

#62 winterbaby

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

:-)  Chris it gets expensive doesn't it.  
We have the same thing here - all Ben's friends have siblings & they all always come so I just limit him to the number of friends he can have.  I expect the siblings to come while his friends are young anyway so it's not really an issue as I always cater for them as well.  Once the kids are older & parents drop them off & leave I'd expect that only their friends would come.

Ben's invited 7 friends + his cousin - there will be about 16 kids there though LOL.

Ben is having a Thomas party (it was that or pirates this yr).  I pakced all the party bags & half made the pass the parcel this morning (it needs 16 layers!).  It's hard working full time & organising parties LOL...  I'm taking the friday off work to do all the food & cake.

Glad to hear James had a great day Karen - his party sounded awesome!

#63 MamaCass

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

Dylan almost four:

Adelita almost four months:

My two goregouses.

Happy birthday July 06 babies. Where has the last four years gone?

#64 gimmeguitars

Posted 05 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

omg they are gorgeous Cass!!

Happy birthday Caelan, Ella and Tyler (Sorry if miss anyone) eta Solomon of course lol

I think with birthdays what makes me feel so overwhelmed too is both extended families tend to rock up as well so instead of it being one small get together we end up with like 30-40 people there. That's it I have told them this year, DO NOT come to the daytime event, please come for dinner only. During the day we will have his lil buddies over for perhaps some hot food, cake and maybe a game or two. Let's see how many of our family still rock up laughing2.gif

Edited by gimmeguitars, 05 July 2010 - 10:14 AM.

#65 cheekybooby

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:09 PM

Hi!
I'm new to this and very new to parents group section. I Have 2 kids, Abigail born 21.7.06 and Xavier 16.6.09. I figured a good way to introduce my kids to you was to fill out the questionaire!

1/ favourite colour??

A- Pink
X- really not phased

2/ favourite stories??

A- so many! She recites half her books! The Magic Hat gotta be up there
X- My First Animals

3/ favourtie food??

A- Chocolate/lollies anything else I wont let her have
X- Boobie Juice

4/ what do they want to be when they grow up??

I have never asked or been told!

5/ things they like to play??

A- Hide and seek
X- drawing

6/ favourite security blanket/toy??

A- pink bear named Ingrid
X- grey bear named Albert

7/ Mummy/Daddy Boy/Girl??

both Daddy's

8/ Toilet trained?

A- yes
X- no, but he does tell me when he's done a poo, and once when he was about too!

So hello to you all!

#66 mummycuddles

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

Well well well.....

Im sure you all thought i dropped off the fac of th earth but NO! im still alive and still have my little munchkins biting my ankles.
If no one recognised its me, RACHEAL or formally known as "cuddlymummy"  :-)

I have recently started TTC #3 and am doing everything in my power for a wee widdle girl but not really fussed if i get a boy too, i love the 2 i have so 3 would be even more boy fun ;-)
Would like to know i tried everything i could to have a pink one tho, so w'll see what happens..... watch this space.....
Hey does anyone know how i get my sig working its not letting me type anything in, not even my name!

So i will try answer those Q s
to update you on my little men... Riley (4) and Jake (2)

1/ favourite colour??
R - i think is blue, but we are pretty sure he is colourblind so he always seems to change his mind
J - hmmmm he doesnt really have one that i know of, he always choose the brightest of th bunch

2/ favourite stories??
BY FAR for both boys - the hungry little catepillar

3/ favourtie food??
R - Yoghurt
J - "Gikkies" (or what you and i know as bickies) he is forever asking for gikkies!!!

Hmmmm Riley says he wants to be something different everyday, but its usually a policeman.
Jake - yet to get more then one word out of him so he hasnt devulged that yet. LMAO

Riley likes to play his Nintendo DS or my iPhone or he loves being out the backyard under the sprinklers!!!
Jake - loves his little fisher price CD player (pretend. it has plastic discs, hes a real little dancer, i think he will be artistic and riley will b sporty, i can really see it already!

Riley - has had a couple since he was about 1, his blue monkey, his fluffy puppy both worth about $5 each!
Jake doesnt have one, oh wait i could say my pony tail!!! He uses to settle himself when hes upset or tired or when im putting him to bd he usually plays with it, it used to be realy troubl and we had to do a type of weening from my hair (how rediculous does that sound!) coz h was waking all night and wouldnt sttle for anything xcept my freaking hair!!!!!!!!!

Both mummys boys!  But i'v heard thats common with boys their age, (i have a book called "raising boys", also says the same thing and girls are reversal.

8/ Toilet trained?
Riley - YES! Finally, it has been a long time coming but he is finally doing both in the toilet really well ALL the time now, i am very proud of him.
Jake - no not at all, he is on his way, he always takes his nappy off and we ask do you want to do wee's on the toilet and he trots off but never wee's in the toilet its always aftrwards on th floor, but thats ok, hes only 2!

So i hope i didnt rambl too much, has been a while since i've been in but wanted to start up again, my husband will be imprssed, he loses his wife and his computer again, PMSL!

Nice talking to y'all.

Rache. Xx

#67 JoRiCo

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:40 PM

Wow haven't been in here for ages original.gif

Cheekybooby- Welcome! This thread has been slow for a while now that everyone has Facebook, hopefully this brings a few people back.

Rache- Wow TTC#3  original.gif Good luck, can't offer any advice on how to get a girl lol. There is a Gender Sway thread that might be helpful.

For Cheekybooby- I'm Dannii mum to 3 gorgeous boys (if I do say so myself lol) They are Josh (11) Riley (4 my July 06 baby who came early and was born in June) and Cohen (20mths my little surprise)

I will only answer the questions for Riley original.gif
1/ favourite colour??
He loves purple

2/ favourite stories??
Anything with Ben 10 in it lol.

3/ favourtie food??
Ok this maybe weird but he loves vegetables.

Not sure

Riley loves to ride his bike and play Xbox with his big brother.

His blue dog but only takes it to bed

All 3 boys are mummy boys but Josh will not admit it lol.

8/ Toilet trained?
Yes and has been for well over a year.

Not too much going on here, just busy with the 3 boys and working 2 days a week. Things have gotten very busy since Cohen started to walk and get into everything. I used to think having 3 was so easy but then Cohen learnt to walk and climb and nows its just crazy.

Hope everyone is well original.gif
Dannii

Edited by JoRiCo, 08 October 2010 - 03:42 PM.

#68 mummycuddles

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:23 PM

Dannii! He's 8mths old and walking?  Thats nuts!  Good luck with that.  I hatd it whn riley was walking at 9mths, esp boys, they are too immatur to understand thy cant run or climb everything.

Sounds like you have your hands full.  Good to hear all is well with you guys, do you see the other newy mums much?  Whats Tracey up to now days?  And Jen?

My two driving me bonkrs at the moment, actually riley is quite good, but Jake is so naughty!  I swear these terrible twos are aweful.  Wish he'd get over it!  

#69 JoRiCo

Posted 16 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

laughing2.gif Rache- Cohen is now 20 months but started walking at 10months.
I catch up with Tracey nearly every Wednesday still and see Jen occasionally but she is very busy.

Cohen is starting to get naughty but is very cute so gets away with a fair bit lol.

Dannii

#70 mummycuddles

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

Oh that's funny danni, I was looking at his date of birth and read February but didn't really calculate right with the yr derrr! Makes sense now. He certainly didn't look 9mths old in the sig.
Cool well say G'day to trace for me. :-) I know what you mean by being cute and getting away with a lot Jake is the same spool naughty but I just can't help but laugh most of the times.

#71 winterbaby

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

Congratulations Rach - fingers crossed you got your little pink one.  (shame I didn't realise you were trying till after you were pg LOL, I have a recipe for girls that my Dr gave me when Ben was abotu 6 months old PMSL...)

Welcome Cheekybooby!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.