IVF multiple cycles & the long Haul Proposed Buddy Group
IVF

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#51 stillinhope

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:30 PM

Hi girls,
thanks for the good wishes!
Just gotback from my opu. I got 9 eggs, which I am happy with. I had prepared myself for 5 so that's much better. Hopefully they are fertilizing as I type! I'm nervous about how many we will have but last time only got 1, so can't do much worse..
I find this part of the treatment the hardest....

Spring - Sorry to hear about ur last cycle. I know what you mean about feeling that each failed attempt is closer to the end, its so hard to stay positive and be realistic at the same time. What does ur fs say? Do they recomend u keep going? I wish i could help...
Natropath sounds good. I was having accupuncture for my last 2 cycles but not this one as it all got too expensive. Some herbs and diet may just help u cope better emotionally.. Let us know if u do go what they say...

Kimbar and Barren - hang in there...Are u both feeling ok about the next stages?

betta rest now! Hope it's sunny in ur state and u can get some warming rays

xo

#52 cheshire_cat

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

Hi! I haven't been around much- I guess I have trouble seeing myself as a long-term TTC-er compared to some of the ladies here!

Just wanted to say congrats to stillinhope, 9 eggs is great! Are you going for blasts or 2/3-day embies?

Hello everyone else, hope your cycles are going well!

#53 stillinhope

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:55 AM

Thanks Cheshire!

I got the call this morning and we have 4 embys fertilised! I think that's good, better than last time .. We are going to aim for blasts so I'm hoping and praying they make it through the week. Its so nerve racking...So maybe trans Sunday....

#54 Rangeman

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

Congrats Stillinhope, it's going to be a long 4 days for you......i find this part the hardest, even harder than the 2ww.

CC - you're more than welcome here.

AFM - at the moment I'm trying to decide when to do my next cycle next AF is due early June but I think I'm going to go with the one after.......maybe I'll chicken out & go for the one after that even.......I am trying to give my body enough time for the DHEA to work and I'm also trying to get fit, lose some weight you know all the usual rot that you think is going to help.

Spring08 - how are you going, I know exactly how you feel about each failure, it's soooo hard to think that it may never work.  I'm trying to concentrate on those stories you hear where they've gone through a million cycles & finally one works.......

#55 mitchp

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:00 PM

Hi Ladies,

We too have been going through multiple lots of IVF - almost completed our third and possibly last lot of IVF (TTC 3.5 years with 2 m/c). Currently in 2WW but feel signs of AF (why won't she just bugga off???). Doc had me injecting Pregnyl this time after FET. One embie left, will probably hold out till after a holiday this September to have the last one transferred, nice and relaxed. Feel like sh*te today as can feel AF symptoms and just want to hide in a corner and cry. Would look a bit odd at work though! Good luck to you all.

#56 meggie2

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hello everyone, can I join?  

It seems like the right place.   I have been trying for just over a year, which I know isn't that long in the scheme of things, but it certainly feels like a long haul.  This is the story so far....

Me 38 (single using donor sperm)
Dcat aged 5  

Saw the FS.  "I'm single and 37, please can I get pregnant before it's too late."  She says "yeah sure, no worries....."

IUI #1    accidentally missed ovulation by 8 days, FS decides no more IUIs!
IVF #1    fertilisation problem.  FS decides ICSI is necessary
ICSI #1   transferred 1 blast - chemical pregnancy
ICSI #2   transferred 2 blasts - chemical pregnancy
FET #1    transferred 2 blasts - miscarriage 6 weeks 3 days.  

FS recommends recurrent miscarriage screening.  17 vials of blood later, and all seems normal.

FET #2    transferred 2 blasts - BFN

So that's me.   I'll be doing another FET in 3 weeks or so, and I'm trying very hard to summon up some positivity.  Best of luck to everyone, particularly those in the 2WW, and I hope to chat soon.

Meggie

#57 Louise74

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:19 PM

Hi all,
I did a post last night but it isn't here now. Veerrrry odd!

Still - Good haul! I hope and pray that you get some good embies out of that lot. I've never gone to blasts. I like the idea but none of my FS's have been keen and I don't think I'd have the nerve so I have everything crossed that this goes well for you. Sometimes I think the fert wait is almost as bad as the 2ww!

Kimbar - I'm still hoping to go in June as well but still no sign of AF so god knows what is happening with my stupid body. I think that is the thing that has really got me sh*tty about this whole process - my body seems to let me down at every turn. I have no love or respect for it at all. I have a number of other long term health issues and the infertility is just the sting in the tail. Makes me sooooooo mad.

Spring- I know exactly what you mean. When my current batch of frozen embies from my DE cycle are finished it is over. I am having a hard time summoning the energy and the dollars and the emotional gung ho to get ready to go again when it seems that it is just plain unrealistic at this point to expect a good outcome. I am at the point of acceptance now which I never thought I would be. I'm not really ok with it but I have accepted that we will probablly not have kids. Just going through the motions really. Blahhhh

Welcome Meggie, Chesire, mtchp! Meggie - I've had the 17 vials of blood thing too. My DH was whinging about having to give 1 and the nurses made him watch as I got mine done!! Somethimes those nurses are good. hope your next FET goes well.

As for me had Blood pg test which was neg and the others haven't come back yet. Still no AF and rang FS today - they aren't worried! He'll let me go till 8 wks with no AF and then think about doing something. I'll have killed someone by then methinks!!!!!

Talk soon

M

#58 cheshire_cat

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:42 PM

Hi all,

barrenbird that's weird about your post disappearing! huh.gif How frustrating that you have to wait for AF, is there a chance FS might give you Primolut to bring it on? Better than waiting and going crazy, that's just mean to make you wait!

meggie, hi & welcome original.gif I feel the same about being unable to muster up much positivity. I'm not a big believer in positive thinking anyway! IVF is just hard and there's no two ways about it. Sorry to hear about your chemical pregancies and m/c sad.gif . Hope your FET comes around soon.

mitchp- a holiday sounds lovely- although I know it can't take away the sadness of another BFN. I hope AF does not arrive!

Kimbar- I've just had a little break before starting this cycle and I was thinking the same as you. I hope a little break works wonders for you- at least for your state of mind. I think my recent break did help me a bit to stop obsessing quite as much (still obsessing but to a slightly lesser degree).

stillinhope- 4 embies- that's great! I hope they all hang in there and develop nicely.

Spring- hi again, yep I actually kind of hate it when they rave about what a good quality embryo it is....why haven't any of them implanted if they're so great??? I try to zone out now when they talk about the embryos. I am grateful to have embryos at all, of course, but when none of them stick..................it's just so sad and frustrating.

So...just began sniffing today, AF has come early despite the fact that I'm still on the pill aannoyed.gif

Hope you're all well!

xx
CC

#59 stillinhope

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:26 AM

Morning Ladies,

Wow lots of posts yesterday!

Cheshire - you are most welcome here...I find a new cycle is a renewed glimpse of hope. I know its soooo hard to have any hope most of the time...

Barren - how are you feeling apart from no AF? Is lack there of making u feel unwell? Hope it turns up soon. What does the FS say? Is it due to treatment? sorry for all the q's...
Point of Acceptance - that’s a very hard place to get too, its weird to say I know but I am in admiration of you for getting there. I guess I think that there would be some sort of peace in that place, not discounting the hurt and pain though. Im definitely not there yet...although some time I try to convince myself about all the great things we could do and afford if we weren’t on this path..and all the coffee and wine I could drink!

meggie2 - Welcome to our humble thread! I am so sorry to hear of your struggles and m/c's. Have they got you on some lining support? clexane? asprin? pregnyl?

mitchp - Welcome also! exciting to have new people to our group. We'll be hoping with you that those are not AF symptoms..a holiday sounds great. I am thinking of a trip to Byron too - Dh doesn’t seem to worry about relaxing and holidays but hey, he’s not having a crap load of meds put into his body so I’ll be the judge of the holiday plans I think!

Spring - thanks for the hope on icsi. we got 6 injectables and 4 embys. my nurse thinks that’s good...
I meant to say last post that in regards to the naturopath, when I was seeing my acupuncturist my fs didn’t want me taking any herbs during my treatment (other than in the pill stage) cos they said it confused things and she wouldn’t be able to tell what was going on. So maybe you should tell your fs what you're doing...have you been yet? I would love a nice natural supplement to help me through the anxiety of this …

Well as for me I am going quietly insane and I haven’t even techniquly started my 2ww yet... I couldn’t sleep this morning cos I was worrying about my embies and am nervous about getting a call today to say we have to go early. No news is good news this week..what a drama. I don’t know how much longer I can take this stuff but I am trying to think positive beyond all my own reasonable thoughts and realism aside, I am trying to think 'it will work this time'.....gggrrrrr

thanks everyone for your contributions...I do find this a very helpful and supportive space to be in, even if I am a bit obsessed with it!

xo

#60 mitchp

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:15 AM

Thank you all for the kind welcome. Stillinhope and Cheshire Cat - good luck to you both as well; I can't believe there are so many people going through the same thing. Most of my days consist of... do we really want kids? Maybe all this heartache isn't worth it. As I said before, I'll have one more go towards the end of the year and then assess it all again. My DP advised yesterday morning that all is good the way it is and kid/s don't have to be a part of it as our relationship and future as it is, is very happy, so I think of that and our love when I get down about this IVF crappola!

Anywho, good luck to everybody TTC :-)

#61 spring08

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

hi Stillinhope, fingers crossed that those 4 embies continue strongly. I agree that waiting for the call each day is so nerve-wracking. I am glad that we can offer you some support an good wishes.  Agree with you on the holiday front also - you miss out on a lot with this process, and you just need to get away from it sometimes.

hi meggie - it's so frustrating when there's no explanation for things. Good luck with the next FET.

hi again cat - do you get any side affects with the syneral? And does AF mean that you'll be starting the FSH soon too?

Kimbar - good luck in planning out the next couple of cycles. Hopefully a break and the DHEA will help. Have you had any side affects with the DHEA?

Barrenbird, I can't imagine what it takes to get to that point of acceptance, but I admire you for being strong enough to get there. At some point your energy must run out though, and you can't live in limbo forever.  Hope that your AF shows up well before 8 weeks though!

Mitchp, really hope that you're wrong about AF being on the way. How much longer until you find out? I have done the run to the bathroom and cry, then back to work thing a fair bit now!

AFM, not much happening. Back next week to see FS and have also made an appt with a naturopath who has worked with some of my FS's patients also. I'll see my FS first, so will find out what I need to avoid then. While I honestly don't think diet etc is my problem, at this point I just want to feel like I'm doing everything possible. Also going to plan some weekends away and a holiday - after seeing the counsellor I realised I've been living too much in the "when I get pg" stage, and have put too much on hold. So have to try to get a better balance for a bit.

Good luck all - hope you are all having a great day

#62 mitchp

Posted 20 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

Thanks Spring08 :-) My blood test is due next Wednesday, 26th May. Still having 'twinges' though in my belly and am very very narky with everyone  blush.gif I guess no matter how much I hope and pray, AF will come if she's a comin' !  Good luck all.

#63 meggie2

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

Hi CC, Barrenbirdie, Kimbar and everyone.  

Thanks for the welcome.  It's really to be great to be somewhere people understand without having to be told.  My friends are all rah-rah super-positive, which just makes me feel guilty that my lack of positive thinking is somehow letting the embies down, and making them not implant, which the sensible part of my brain knows is rubbish (feel free to chime in here...)

Mitchp
- I find the 2WW the absolute worst, especially the feeling of just wanting to be comatose until test day - such a waste of days of my life I will never get back.  Last time I made myself a special 2WW project (marmalade making) which was at least constructive. Will you POAS or hold out for the official blood test?

Spring
- I'll be interested to hear what the naturopath says.  I have been having acupuncture which is lovely (once we got over the shock of the acupuncturist being 6 months preg, poor woman, I'm sure she wasn't expecting me to dissolve in her waiting room immediately after I saw her coming) - she is very committed to not letting the feet get cold - clearly that must have been my problem to date.  rolleyes.gif

Stillinhope - hope your embies are going OK.  It's terrible watching the clock and waiting for a phone call.  

You asked whether I was on Clexane etc.  I asked the FS about doing aspirin, steroids, NK cells etc and she said  "well there's only really anecdotal evidence, and I'd only recommend  stuff like that for people at the end of their tether"....and I was like "well how  far down the tether do I have to be after 9 embryos???"  Then she told me a lovely story about twins she had just delivered safely at 30 weeks after the lady's 10th IVF cycle, just to keep me hooked.

AFM, I'm day 1 this afternoon so starting a medicated FET of 2 blasts.   I'll probably do the transfer on 9 June or so.  

Warm fuzzies to everyone.
M

#64 mitchp

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:34 AM

Hi Meggie2, I reckon I'll wait for blood test, think AF will be here this weekend full strength so I don't have the heart to POAS and get a BFN. Good luck to you, how many acupuncture sessions have you had. I used to have acupuncture but stopped after the second lot of IVF. Like you, I find it hard to be very positive after all the disappointment!

And..... AF has arrived - B*TCH!!!

Edited by mitchp, 21 May 2010 - 11:25 AM.

#65 meggie2

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hi, just a quick stop to say to Mitch I'm sorry AF arrived.  I hope you are holding it together.  

Chat later
M

#66 cheshire_cat

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:01 PM

mitch bbighug.gif sad.gif  Damn AF! I'm sorry. Take care of your self.

meggie- I take it none of your super-positive friends have done IVF or had difficulty TTC? There have been a few threads here where people have pasted links to actual scientific studies on whether stress or negative thinking has an impact on implantation.... and guess what? It doesn't! So there is absolutely no reason to force yourself to maintain some kind of fake positive bravado- if you're feeling down, dammit you have a very good reason to- IVF is horrid, and your friends better educate themselves pretty quickly. (Sorry, I'm sure they're lovely but I feel strongly about this! blush.gif ) You know you can always vent to us.

spring--- Synarel mainly makes me mood & teary etc, but will be interesting as I'm now on the ADs. Not sure if they will cancel each other out. We'll see. I'll probably be starting FSH on the 2nd June, so still a while to go. I absolutely relate to the living in the future and everything being 'when I get pg'. I'm the same, not sure how to change it sad.gif But a holiday sounds like a good start.

stillinhope- Hope you haven't gone mad yet waiting for your emby results. I hope they all continue nicely and your transfer goes without a hitch. Not sure if you have mentioned this before, but are you doing a single or double transfer?

barrenbird- any news?

So as for me, I am having a massive procrastination phase- have 2 essays due for uni and I just CANNOT get motivated. I don't really know what's stopping me, I'm just been slothing around the house in my dressing gown, surfing the net etc. I feel so lazy but I just can't make my brain wake up. Can I blame it on IVF? blush.gif

Edited by cheshire_cat, 21 May 2010 - 05:03 PM.

#67 stillinhope

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (meggie2 @ 21/05/2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You asked whether I was on Clexane etc.  I asked the FS about doing aspirin, steroids, NK cells etc and she said  "well there's only really anecdotal evidence, and I'd only recommend  stuff like that for people at the end of their tether"....and I was like "well how  far down the tether do I have to be after 9 embryos???"  Then she told me a lovely story about twins she had just delivered safely at 30 weeks after the lady's 10th IVF cycle, just to keep me hooked.

Hi Maggie2 - I went to see an immunologist who found that i have an immune diffency,  but not severe or identifiably as the cause of my 'unexplained infertility'. This was no surprise to me, but he put me on low does asprin and recommended to my FS (who he works with regularly) to put me on clexane and prednisolone. So she did! Id say to your fs "give me the damm drugs"!!
My fs is great and is giving me all sorts of things. In saying that i wouldnt say shes irresponsible, maybe because i went to the trouble of changing clincs she knows i have no time to muck around with experiments...i am on clexane, prednisolone, progynova, pregnyl and crinone to help with implantation. Short of gaffa taping it in there (which i'm open to!) i'm not sure what else is avaliable!
I'd say you're well qualified for the concoction! Exciting your FET is soon..

cheshire_cat - i know what you mean. i have been procrastinating ALL day - actually all week. I tried to pull the i need to rest after opu but i feel fine, i just cant concentrate and dont care about work! Bad cos i work for myself!
You can DEFINITLY blame the ivf!! Also i think it should be well understood that clothes purchases and treasures for yourself is also a side effect of ivf - i cant help that..just the way it is!!!

spring08 - sounds like you are in a good mind set (not that you might feel that way). Weekends away etc will be great..balance..yes thats a challenge isnt it....

mitchp - so sorry. hope you're hanging in there...

AFM - Things going well i guess. I got a message today with my emby trans time. Thats was a releif in itself, so i knew at least there was one left. When i spoke to the nurse she said we still had all 4! i couldnt believe it. But i know that things can change between now and sunday when my trans is...eeek. PLease please please be something to freeze...I have never got blasts to freeze before and dont know if i can do another stim cycle...
I am trying to not go crazy but not really doing the best job. Going to a  movie tonight so maybe that will help. I have been booking up all my  time for next week so i will be preoccupied....
Oh yeah - we're going to put back one emby - we got permission to do two but the embryologist suggested if we make it to blast stage, theres a better chance and one would be worth trying...

Hi to everyone else, hope you all have the best weekend possible bbighug.gif
xoxo

#68 stillinhope

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (meggie2 @ 21/05/2010, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi CC, Barrenbirdie, Kimbar and everyone.  

Thanks for the welcome.  It's really to be great to be somewhere people understand without having to be told.  My friends are all rah-rah super-positive, which just makes me feel guilty that my lack of positive thinking is somehow letting the embies down, and making them not implant, which the sensible part of my brain knows is rubbish (feel free to chime in here...)

I just forgot to add that i get that too, positive thinking is great of course but we're not jedis!! It has its place along side the other emotions!
I am trying the super positive thang this time but am perfectly aware that i am possibly tricking myself and i dont even really believe it anyway so whats that all about! However, i'm trying to convince myself AGAIN that this will happen. I think i just go in stages with this sort of thing...
The guilts are the worst, be nice to yourself, you're doing everything you can. Your embys love you and you love them!

#69 mitchp

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:24 PM

Hey girls, everybody is going through so much on here, my thoughts and strength go out to you all. As for us, my DP and I have talked tonight and it's probably high time that I seek some sort of counselling which I will do. I have a good support base and it's time that I share my stories with them as well as seek advice and help with my emotions. Trying to shut everything out each and every cycle is obviously not the way to go. Stillinhope,I hope those embies grow big and strong and implant :-) All others, best wishes for this and any (hopefully not required) future cycles. Your support over the last few days I cannot imagine having been without, so thank you all.

#70 meggie2

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:28 AM

Hi everyone

How do you know you're a long haul IVFer?

When you go to the clinic to get your drugs for the next FET and the lovely nurse gives you $300 worth of drugs for FREE, just because.   I didn't know whether to cry or cheer.

Mitchp that sounds great about the counselling.  I haven't gone yet for IVF, but I went a few years ago for work stress and I found it really effective.

Thanks SIH and CC for your words re my present lack of positive thinking.  I was brought up to be a "happy camper" - Mum had this theory that everything could be cured by positive thinking and vitamin C.  I was always being sent home from school with notes saying "your daughter has mumps, she needs to stay home for a week" or "your daughter has a broken arm, she needs to go to emergency".   But it's getting to be a strain always trying to be upbeat to everyone.   I saw my acupuncturist yesterday, and had to tell her the last cycle didn't work, and I just felt like I'd even let her down by not being UTD.

So now I'm off to my goddaughter's first birthday party, which will be bittersweet, as I'm sure you have all experienced.

Fuzzies to everyone especially Stillinhope for your transfer on Sunday.  I love transfer day.  You know the embies are OK and where they should be, but its too early to start having imaginary pregnancy symptoms and jonesing to POAS.

M

#71 meggie2

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:30 AM

Hi everyone

How do you know you're a long haul IVFer?

When you go to the clinic to get your drugs for the next FET and the lovely nurse gives you $300 worth of drugs for FREE, just because.   I didn't know whether to cry or cheer.

Mitchp that sounds great about the counselling.  I haven't gone yet for IVF, but I went a few years ago for work stress and I found it really effective.

Thanks SIH and CC for your words re my present lack of positive thinking.  I was brought up to be a "happy camper" - Mum had this theory that everything could be cured by positive thinking and vitamin C.  I was always being sent home from school with notes saying "your daughter has mumps, she needs to stay home for a week" or "your daughter has a broken arm, she needs to go to emergency".   But it's getting to be a strain always trying to be upbeat to everyone.   I saw my acupuncturist yesterday, and had to tell her the last cycle didn't work, and I just felt like I'd even let her down by not being UTD.

So now I'm off to my goddaughter's first birthday party, which will be bittersweet, as I'm sure you have all experienced.

Fuzzies to everyone especially Stillinhope for your transfer on Sunday.  I love transfer day.  You know the embies are OK and where they should be, but its too early to start having imaginary pregnancy symptoms and jonesing to POAS.

M

#72 cheshire_cat

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:38 PM

stillinhope- good luck for your transfer!

meggie- your mum sounds a bit like mine. I still haven't told her we're doing IVF, which I feel really bad about but I can't bring myself to do it. I hope your goddaughter's b-day was more sweet than bitter. I can imagine it gave you some sadness, I've found kid's parties a bit heartwrenching too sad.gif

mitch- counselling is a great idea. I hope you find a good one.

AFM.....********** babies mentioned*********

I dreamt last night that I had twin baby boys and we called them Leo and Felix. They were so precious. So sad to wake up! sad.gif

#73 Rangeman

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:26 AM

Hi Girls,

Stillinhope - how did you go yesterday????

Mitchp - sorry about crappy old AF showing up and good luck with the councelling.

Meggie - us long haulers should get something for free........we give these people enough money wouldn't hurt them to throw in a freebie every now and again biggrin.gif

CC - I just hate those dreams, bloody miserable.

Barrenbird & Spring - how are you doing?

AFM - bloody DHEA is giving me pimples.......argh!!!! As if what we already go through isn't enough I now have a third & fourth eye - very attractive.

Take Care

#74 stillinhope

Posted 24 May 2010 - 10:40 AM

Hi Girls,

Well i had my transfer yesterday, i was so nervous to find out what the embies were doing and the embryologist always takes their time in telling you what the go is.
We had one really lovely little blast darling transfered and we have two others that still needed to grow a bit more.
So dont know yet if we'll have anything to freeze....i get that phone call this afternoon...dredded.
I am thankful for my blasti as we have not go this far in the past...
The 2ww is on....grrr..i am hoping to book myself up so it goes quickly, but now i am feeling very run down and sore throat etc..i really dont want to be home sick and thinking about this for the next two weeks...

Q. for everyone - do you have any special diet regimes in this process? cut coffee/tea? i am always so hard on myself about this stuff, if i have one coffee im stressing thinking oh i made it go away....

Also, i cant remember if anyone is on prednisolone?? Q. if you are, does it make you hungry? I am starving, even right after breakie when i have porridge, which normally keeps me full til lunchtime. Now im starving within half an hour...like right now!

meggie2 - i agree, take the bonus and run! We should get a buy 9 IVFs and get the 10th free card!
How was the party? im at the point that i dont go to things like that anymore. i know its hard to say no, but you have to protect yourself. I usually go and see the kid another time.

mitchp - have you booked in to see the counsellor? I love counselling, some totally devoted to hearing me talk about babies/ivf for a whole hour! I hope you do get some peace from going, or at least some relief.

cheshire_cat - i dream those dreams all the time. I have dreamt about twins and so i thought maybe i should have two embies put back! But no. I know its soooo lovely, although its had when you wake up, i love them because it make me remember the warm fuzzy feeling of why we are going to all this trouble and re focus on the bub not the treatment. I hope you are ok after it....

kimbar - forgive my ignorance, but what is involved in DHEA?

Hows everyone else travelling?

#75 cheshire_cat

Posted 24 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

stillinhope, I'm feeling excited for you and your little embie! You made me feel a bit excited for myself too because we are trying for blasts for the first time this cycle. Hoping you get some frosties too hands.gif About your two questions- I'm not on prednisolone so not sure about that one. About the diet- it's a hard one and I have tried different approaches. My current approach is that I cut out alcohol and coffee after transfer, but I still drink tea. I also avoid all the 'listeria' type foods of course. But I don't give myself a hard time about it, and I really honestly don't believe that it will make much difference to whether the embryo implants or not. Will be interested to hear what others do.

Kimbar- the DHEA sounds a bit rough. Does it have many other side-effects? Like stillinhope I don't know much about it. Hope your skin clears up soon!

meggie that's actually surprisingly generous of your clinic to give you those free drugs! I don't think mine would ever do that.

As for me, weirdly enough I had another one of those dreams again last night, except this time we were in an adoption office  sad.gif Jeez, what's going on with my subconscious? Not much else to report, still sniffing. No side effects yet which is good. Still feeling lethargic and unmotivated but it's probably just me being lazy blush.gif
Hope everyone's doing well.

stillinhope let us know how those two remaining embies go!

xx
CC

Edited by cheshire_cat, 24 May 2010 - 11:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.