http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=778003

#2 ~crackajac~

Posted 16 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

waves.gif  

ssleep.gif

llove.gif

#3 butterflies

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:33 PM

Hey Jac how are you going?, how long now??

Thanks for a lovely day girls, it was very relaxing, I now have the girls packing up all the toys, well I should say Paris and Alannah as Zahli doesn't really help.

#4 Kay1

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:43 PM

It was a great day ladies. Thank you so much for hosting Karina, your house is perfect and you were the perfect host again. original.gif

Nate had a ball, Leo had a ball and as such I actually got to sit and chat - what a treat!! Nate is already asking when we can visit Zahli again and told me he wants us to live at your house as its better than our house! Both kids crashed within minutes in the car.

Great to see you Mel, Kirsten and Lynny.

#5 Kay1

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:51 PM

Oh and thank you to your gorgeous big girls for looking after the little kids so well. original.gif

#6 Kay1

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:12 PM

Two kids still asleep in the car  ph34r.gif

#7 Kay1

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

Ok two screaming kids awake wacko.gif

Nate is sitting on the back step howling "I want to go back to Zahli's house - I really like Zahli!!!!!!" laughing2.gif

#8 butterflies

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

He can come back anytime Kay.  They all really played well.

Zahli asked at 4.30pm 'if I just closed my eyes and go to sleep will you let me?' I said 'lets go for a bath'

the kids are just having dinner now I don't need dinner because I ate too much at lunch.  Then into bed with them all at 7pm.

DH went to work about 20 mins after you girls left and he said he actually got some sleep because the kids wern't bugging him, so that's good too.  Though rung me before and said he may have to work tomorrow, not happy, that means I have to get ALL kids up at 6.30am to go to netball.

Kay I hope you kids are still pooped and go to sleep at a reasonable hour! lol at Nate wanting to live here, that's what my kids say at other people's houses.  It;s always more fun.

#9 Kay1

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

LOL Karina, Nate was sitting in the yard howling "I want Zahli" for a while. He says he really wants her to come to his house. He also told me at dinner he hates our house -  glare.gif laughing2.gif. I told him I'd drive him back to yours and he can live there from now on. That sorted him out LOL.

They crashed at 7pm - I have just had a marathon phone call to my bestie and now going to bed.

Night all. waves.gif

#10 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

Thanks for having us Karina!  original.gif  It was good to see everyone again, it was well over due though - the kids have grown up sooo much!  ohmy.gif  And thanks for the yummy good girls. Sorry I had to rush off, Emily needed picking up and then it was Damo's swimming wacko.gif

Mel - I might have to grab a copy of your chocolatey peanut butter ball thingies recipe - they were yummy!

Better go - DSD is here and Damian wants pancakes for breakfast  rolleyes.gif

BBL!

#11 Titania

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:32 AM

OMG! I am such an idiot!!!

I thought it was next week!!!

Oh well, we are all sick anyway - so I guess probably best that we didn't come.  sad.gif

Sorry to have missed you all.

#12 bellemae

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

sad.gif Oh how I wish I lived near you girls still!

So overtired these days, trying to spend days with the boys and nights doing uni - not enough hours in the day. My parents had the boys for 3days early in the week and I spent two whole days, from the moment I got up, until going to bed at night, trying to crack the same maths problem for an assignment - I seriously thought I was going to lose the plot. Wasn't getting any closer, couldn't get my head around it...that night the lecturer posts online, turns out he forgot to mention a small piece of knowledge we could assume for the question - finally(once it was actually possible), I solved the problem. So basically I spent two whole days trying to figure out how to solve an unsolvable problem, and beating myself up about the fact that I was too stupid to solve it  ddoh.gif

Edited by bellemae, 17 April 2010 - 09:04 AM.

#13 sotetno

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

Oh Belle - useless lecturer!  What a waste of your time.

Karina - your house is fantastic for get togethers.  Sorry I completely forgot to come help throw some toys in boxes and stuff!  

Kay and Lynny - great to see you guys again.  As Lynny said it doesn not happy anywhere near often enough and our kids have grown so much.  Will definitely bring Nick and Ernie next time as I reckon Nick and Alannah will get on like a house on fire. Just a bummer my boys had to get their Grandma and Grandpa fix in before they go overseas again in a couple of weeks.  Kay will send you some piccies soon.  

Kirsten - great to have you over and get to chat for such a long time.  

Right really must clean house today (Kirsten I hope you understand the messy house thing wink.gif ) so it can stay that way for 24 hours while the big boys are away!

#14 Starbuck

Posted 17 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

Hi girls. Back home now after a VERY late night with my friend and a long day on the bus/train/bus.

It was soooo lovely to see Karina, Lynny and Kay on Friday!!! Such a wonderful day. biggrin.gif

And Mel, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou for your hospitality. It was great to have such a long time to catch up. Thanks for putting up with me waiting in your house all afternoon too. Your family is lovely and I did not think your house was at all messy. No idea what you are talking about. (You should see ours wink.gif )
Anyway, I had a lovely time all up in Sydney.

Cut to...

Today at home things went pear shaped very badly so I haven't come home to a happy house. Alyssia is just in her room very depressed. She spent 3 hours raging at DH because she didn't feel like going shopping. Steven had to drop Rosie off at a friends because she was scared/upset. Then he couldn't take A home, because that's what she wanted, so had to stop on side of the room and wait for it to end, so 2.5 hrs later it finally did when his patience ran out and he got angry at her, but no shopping was done. She tried to make up for it a little by tidying, but DH said the consequences of no TV and not having pizza for dinner remained. (And yes, there should probably be way more, we are thinking on it, it's hard cause it is not as simple as just deliberate,bad behaviour, once she gets into the meltdown she really is unable to stop.)  SO she has been in her room listening to stories for a few hours and is very non communicative.

Welcome home me!

We had an app't with her psych last Tuesday, but the psych was running almost an hour late, and we couldn't wait cause the girls had flu shots, dr's app't and DH had to go back to work. Our next app't is in 6 wks  blink.gif and the receptionist said there is little chance of making another earlier app't, which I think is total crap. If they can't do the app't, THEY should make it up somehow. rant.gif And clearly we need to see her.  mellow.gif

Anyhoo, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Hope you have all been having a lovely saturday.

#15 bellemae

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

Kirsten Great that you had such a fab time away! Sorry to hear Alyssia's having such a hard time sad.gif The psych sounds like a twit! I agree with you, if they stuff up their times THEY should make sure you get in ASAP!!

Wanted to come in and share a cute story from this evening original.gif
We have taken to watching Nigella's cooking show - Kai simply LOVES it. Gets soo excited to see it's on and very cranky if anyone dares talk while Nigella is cooking. Then he goes on endlessly about recipes he's going to make up and cook for us, complete with long lists of ingredients. Tonight he told me he's going to make something special for us all tomorrow morning as soon as he gets up. I told him he would have to wait until I get up too as he and Tien can't use the stove alone - "Don't worry mum" he says, "I don't need the stove for my recipe - Just the oven!"

#16 Kay1

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:25 AM

Belle - Ah that's adorable. Gee he's a smart kid, so interested in things. original.gif How incredibly frustrating about your maths assignment - gee, talk about how to cause an intellectual break down LOL.

Kirsten - It was great to see you on Friday. I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you are having with Alyssia. It must be terribly stressful. I hope you get some real help soon.

Cerian - Sorry you missed the meet up and I hope you are all feeling better soon.

Well we had a good weekend, until yesterday evening when DH was playing cricket in the park with Nate. He was walking to the ball and Nate told him to run, so he did, straight into a hole and sprained his ankle really badly. There are houses all around the park and he was right outside someone's house who was having a party - they saw the whole thing and came running LOL. Dh had been having a beer while playing and the next thing Nate comes in and says "Daddy wants some ice" and I was like "gee, he can get his own damn ice" LOL. Anyway its a pretty bad sprain so we'll be off to the GP today.

#17 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

Trying to post but I'm shattered wacko.gif

Had a check up today - all going well with chubba bubba, my iron levels are way too low so I have to try and work on that, at least now I know why I feel so tired!

Kay - oh no, poor thing - hope he's okay! sad.gif

Belle - your boys are too cute wub.gif So did you let him make you something this morning? happy.gif How painful with the maths problem!

Kirsten - how frustrating! Hope you get it all sorted out soon and that things improve with Alyssia soon

Sharon - how's Toby??

Tits - Tounge1.gif silly woman! I was wondering why you werent there!  We should try and organise another meet soon before I pop. wink.gif

Karina - hope you're feeling better today

Big hello to the rest of the group! waves.gif

gotta run - want to do lasagna before Damo comes home - why on earth didnt I pick something easier/quicker for dinner I dont know!

Edited by ~~Lynny~~, 19 April 2010 - 01:49 PM.

#18 Kay1

Posted 19 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

Oi, its broken. DH is so mad. Leo is miserable and screaming with suspected ear infected.... rolleyes.gif

#19 Starbuck

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

Oh dear Kay!!

#20 bellemae

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

Oh no Kay!!! Oh, and an ear infection to go with it - why do things always double up!? Hope your boys are feeling better soon.

#21 mirandarine

Posted 20 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

Oh no Cai! Poor Clive. He'll be out of action for a bit. Crutches? Im sure he'll need them for a week or two?
Belle- Grr and lol about the maths work. How flipping irritating!
Kirsten- I hope you can get into the psych earlier than 6 weeks, it  sounds dire.
Lynny- are you going to take iron supplements or just concentrate on diet? My Dsis had very low iron and only supplements worked, but once they kicked in, she felt 100% again.
Karina- Happy birthday to Lani for next week- just incase I dont get back in here. I hope she has a wonderful day. Love your new sig. Your girls are so gorgeous.

AFM- busy busy busy. Life, work, kids, yada yada yada yeah? Not alot to report. Things are going fantastico workwise for Dh- new opportunities have come up- he is investigating and I am going blue holding my breath! If/when it all comes together Ill fill you all in.
Girls are great. Charlotte has stinking*flipping* tonscilitis AGAIN. Off to Drs tomorrow to stamp my foot at the Dr and see if that helps! hehehehe
I hope all is well with you all.

MUST CATCH UP JAC AND LEANNE!!!

Edited by mirandarine, 20 April 2010 - 05:32 PM.

#22 butterflies

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

waves.gif

#23 Titania

Posted 24 April 2010 - 06:09 PM

ninja.gif waves.gif oomg.gif

#24 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 24 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

yyawn.gif ssleep.gif

#25 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

waves.gif

sorry - not up to posting tonight.. maybe in the morning.  My lovely neighbour is taking Damo and her DD to feed the duckies at Richmond in the morning to give me a break *bless her* wub.gif

yyawn.gif waves.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.