waves.gif helloooo?!

#27 bellemae

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:56 PM

waves.gif

#28 mirandarine

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:34 PM

BOO! Im here
Just to brag at this stage!

Charlotte has been riding her bike unassisted with no training wheels for over a week now!

We have been bike riding most afternoons seeing she can go faster and tires less now! YAY =)

#29 Kay1

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

Wow that's awesome Miranda! Nate can't even pedal his with training wheels!! blush.gif

(He can however read the words protective, permitted and recycling as he demonstrated today. Tounge1.gif) Actually I am stuggling to find anything he can't read - he made a decent fist of Pennsylvania the other day laughing2.gif

All good here, am doing my camera course and its fun but not nearly challenging enough. Turns out I'm not as much of a beginner as I thought. In other huge news DH finally resigned today biggrin.gif  He has a new job just ten minutes from home so although it will also be very busy and full on at least he won't be spending two hours a day travelling on top of it. Hopefully he will also be happier, once it settles down. Its been a tough few months on that front. It has been a very difficult time for him and therefore me and the kids, so very glad its over and hopefully he will have some time off in between jobs to chill out and spend time with us. original.gif

Okay well I'm riding the wave of a successful dinner time (meatloaf and mashed veggies, Leo ate TWO bowls) so better get these monkeys into bed so I can watch Masterchef!!

#30 butterflies

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:33 PM

Well done Charlotte!! I was just saying yesterday at the park that we should start Zahli with no training wheels.

Yay for C Kay I hope this job works out well for you C and you!!

Our dinner is in the oven it's Alannah's birthday today and she gets to choose want whe wants for dinner.  Her first choice was nuggets and chips but I told her that adults were going to eat this meal too and probably won't want nuggets, (MIL is here) so she is getting chicken legs chips and salad.

#31 Starbuck

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

Kay that's fabulous news!!!!  eexcite.gif

Not much to report here. 8th wedding anniversary, went to see Date Night. Had a nice dinner out at a restaurant (and a nice lunch at home too  wink.gif
Alyssia currently in Jekyll mode, wondering when Hyde will next be back and hoping it's not too soon. One great thing is that she was asking when we were next seeing the psych and asked if she could come (we've been doing just parent ones) as she wants to talk to the psych about how to control her anger. Pretty remarkable insight and maturity there for a 7 year old.

#32 Starbuck

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

Oh, yeah and it's fricken FREEZING!!!! Not sure how I am going to survive winter. Twas warm to hot a few days ago now FREEZING. I think  my cold tolerance is dropping. FREEZING!!!!!!! And at only 17 max (with a 'feels like' of 11) at it's very maximun. We have so much colder to come.

#33 bellemae

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:11 AM

That's great Miranda!! Hanging for Kai to get the riding thing down so we can go for bike rides. He's out-grown the seat on the back of my bike (by a lot!), and the training wheels on his bike seem quite limiting, so we end up going out with Matt & I walking/running, Kai on his scooter and Tien on his ripstick.

Kay Nates reading is truly incredible!! None of the kids in Kai's kindy class are reading to that level. Yay on C's new job, fantastic news biggrin.gif

Karina Happy Birthday to Alannah for yesterday - geez, growing up so quickly! Hope the dinner went well.

Kirsten That's great that Alyssia is interesting in talking to the psych about controlling her anger, showing some amazing maturity there!

Us, too much uni work, not enough time - still. Boys are both doing well. Kai lost another tooth yesterday...or maybe the day before. He's VERY chuffed with it original.gif  Life is plodding along...

#34 mhjemma

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

Hi all! Fast reply as I need to collapse into bed....

Kirsten - You are the BEST mum in the WORLD!!!! Despite all of your health issues, and dealing with Rosie's, you still manage to be a supermum!! I am so excited for you that Alyssia wants to see the psych and knows what it is that she needs some guidance with. That is truly amazing insight for a 7 year old. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoo

Belle - I know where you are coming from..I was there a while ago and it is so hard finding time for uni, family and still feel like you have a life that is yours and not everyone elses! Hang in there my darling woman. It wll be all worth it in the long run xoxoxoxxoo

(sorry, brain freeze time and selfish time! )

Me - Well, where do I start with working full time for.....the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE!!!!!! (yes, I am sometimes embarrassed to admit it but kinda proud at the moment!)

I am exhausted, and I swear, teachers need to be given a LOT more credit!!! I have jumped into this term and immediately had to deal worth....Camp!! (next Monday/Tues. One night only thankfully) and the organisation of it.......1st communion for all of my kids (still amused that I am taking the kids through this considering my personal beliefs!!!) Reports are looming, professional development sessions after school, parents on my back to stop bullying, solve their individual child's friendship issues..........ARGHHHHHH!!!!   All of this, and I still have the most important part.....teaching the kids to read, write and add up!!!!! Seriously, I had an idea of the job that a teacher had to do but I never really understood the time commitment (and mental commitment). I am at school from 8am - 5pm on a good day. I then go home and spend the evening correcting or cutting stuff out and laminating it (oh the joy!!!!)

Ok, rant over about teaching...now onto the husband!!
DH has dropped Fridays from work to spend the day with Caius....Gorgeous, wonderful etc...... He does a great job on Fridays... NOTE....it is during the day.... Tonight I had a parent/student workshop. I got home at 8:45pm, fully expecting Caius to be fast asleep..Nope...thankfully he wasn't up still, but he was still awake. I left home at 6pm (yep, home for a full half hour!) he was exhausted. Somehow he managed to play DH into staying up until almost 8:30pm. I get home, he is awake, I have to go in and say goodnight etc.....basically do the bedtime thing.....  Hmmmmmmmm....  DH has got to pull his socks up I think!!

Thank you for letting me rant and ramble. Much needed.

Love you all and hope you are all well xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#35 Kay1

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:01 AM

Hi girls.

Kirsten - that is amazing insight from your big girl and really good that she has that perspective. Hopefully things will get a little easier now. I wonder why these moods come and go so much? It almost seems like there might be a physical component unsure.gif Yep the chilliness seems to have arrived really suddenly doesn't it? I went out the other day and bought a gas heater and installed it. I was rather proud of myself, rang around and got an awesome price and bought it, put it in all in one afternoon. It is so great, it heats up the whole house which is a pretty big space. It also has a timer so it comes on half an hour before we wake up, such bliss to wake up and come downstairs to a warm house. original.gif I am set for winter now except I want our dryer attached to the ducting to outside so I don't have to keep the window in the laundry open all the time. original.gif OK bit too much information there LOL....

Mardi - Wow, it sure sounds busy. Sounds like you are doing a great job though. original.gif I do miss working in a lot of ways but I don't miss working full time I must admit. For 6 years straight I was out of the house from 8am til 7-8pm. Sometimes I can't believe how different my life is now and I can't imagine ever coping with those hours again!

Well better go, Nate starts therapy again this morning and although its close by the traffic is terrible so this time I"m going to make a cup of tea and get in the traffic queue early.

#36 ~crackajac~

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:44 AM

Hey thein hospital has been the most stressful time of my life. Felt wet down below while doing groceries yest morning- didn't really think that much of it but when I got home I went toilet and found blood. I also realized I hadn't felt sencha move for a good 4 hours. Thought the worse couldn't find dh or our only friend up here. Got hold of ob and told to get straight to labour ward. Found dh so up the hosp the 4 of us went. Midwife couldn't find sencha (the baby) on the ctg machine either so got ob and ultrasound. I was just sobbing and saying to dh, well you know what I was thinking. Ob found the heartbeat and all was ok. Was getting heaps of tightenings and a few contractions, nothing major at all. Had to be admitted for steroids just in case- OMG they hurt.

Just saw ob and he is sending me for a scan to make sure not anything serious like early abruption.

Just wanted to pop in and let belle know as she asked if all was ok last night on fb but can't seem to get into my profile.

I want to do personals as there is so much I want to reply to but so hard on I phone and don't want to just make little comments.

Will chat later

#37 bellemae

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:05 AM

OMG Jac How terrifying for you all!! So glad they found a heartbeat and bubba is ok! Hope the scan shows all is well. Thinking of you love xxx Thanks for popping in to update original.gif

BBL....working, working....you're right Mardi I know it will all be worth it eventually, at the moment though - not enough hours in a day! I'm looking forward to the day I can get a full-time job again - so, so, so tired of being totally broke sad.gif ...it'll happen...eventually....

#38 Starbuck

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:48 AM

Jac Screw personals, take care of YOU and Sencha!!!! huge cyber hugs from me. I'll be thinking of you!!!!

Mardi I was almost in tears reading that! Thankyou. Good luck with the full time teaching. I think teachers are undervalued/underestimated too.

Kay
Good luck with Nate's therapy. Yay on the heater. When we replaced our's  a few years a go we opted not to spend the extra couple of hundred for a timer. Big mistake!!!

#39 Kay1

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:49 AM

OMG Jac you poor thing! How awful for you. I hope the scan shows all is well and the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful. bbighug.gif

#40 Titania

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

Oh Jac! How absolutely terrifying for you. I hope all is ok and bub stays put happily for a good while longer.

Wow - I have two minutes to try and catch up.  rolleyes.gif

Miranda - well done Charlotte - what  big girl. I need to take Lor out on his bike more often - he's very fast - but not ready for no training wheels I think.

Kay - Nate is incredible! That is such great news about the new job - hope this really improves your lives. That two hours a day will make a huge diff.

Mardi - I'm exhausted reading about it. Man, you teachers deserve those long summer holidays. original.gif

Karina - I can't believe your sweet little girl is 7 already!! Happy Birthday AJ!

Kirsten - a very astute child you have there. Sounds like she takes after her mum. Hope she stays the good fairy for a while, and the evil fairy doesn't come back lol. Happy anniverary!

Belle- yeah it will be worth it eventually... Hang in there.

Been sick here for a few weeks now - just cough is hanging on and on. Lor's had his flixotide upped - which we are disappointed about as we were hoping he was growing out of it - but no, his asthma's gettng worse. G  on the other hand  - seems to be (touchwood) growing out of it. I sure hope so.

Me - stupid busy. Writing/editing contracts steady - it's all rather snowballed - I am loving it though. And am working on a non-fiction book of my own. Looks like I will be selling Hippy Hippy Shakes - I just don't have the time to devote to it.
G will be starting pre-school 3 days a week next year. I feel a bit bad about it- but he is SO ready and he is going to love it - he will still be home with me by himself for two full days a week, so I think it's a good compromise.

Not looking forward to DH going to South Africa tomorrow - waaaah!

Oh Kay - I know I've asked you this before - but I'm struggling with it. The two disposable nappies. Where did you cut the slit - and how big - or did you just poke a hole? I tried it last night - lengthways about two inches - but all the crystals just went everywhere... What am I doing wrong? G just wees through everything at the moment - sick of changing the bed!

#41 Kay1

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

T - Good to hear from you. original.gif Glad things are going well on the writing front. I think 3 days a week of preschool next year will be fine for G. As you said he'll have two whole days at home with you on his own. I reckon he'll be bored with any more than that after being used to having L around for company anyway!

Hmmm...did you cut the slit in the FIRST nappy? laughing2.gif I never had that problem, I just put the second nappy over the first (slit in first - I just used to roughly make a hole at the crotch, no science to it) and then put the second nappy on as normal over the top. Trick when taking off is to remove both sets of tabs and take off as one.

Good luck. original.gif

Hey I need a little brag. Today Nate was asking me why people looked very big to ants and I asked him if he could think of any other words for big. He came up with ginormous and humungous laughing2.gif .

On the other hand the OT wants us to consider a listening programme for him because of his auditory processing issues.

I just need to express this somewhere - I am incredibly grateful to a little girl in Nate's class who is one of the most popular kids but has taken him under her wing and has made such a huge difference to his life. She is just the kindest, most thoughtful girl and he loves her, talks about her non stop. I hope they stay friends because she will be going to his school next year and she will be a godsend in terms of the transition. I just think it goes to show that whatever gifted means it comes in different forms and this girl has a gift that as a parent I would be super proud of. original.gif

#42 ~crackajac~

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

Thanks girls you are all very sweet, made me cry. Not that I have done much else lately. Ultrasound went well sencha is ok, placenta not coming away and blood flow good. Only thing is bleeding has started up again, now brighter with clots (sorry tmi). Seem to have a dodgy cervix, also have constant period type pain???????

So stuck here for another 24hrs. I am really greatful that they are so thorough but omg being stuck in Bed and only allowed up to pee is hideous. And Internet is crappy

Dh on the other hand has fallen perfectly into daddy duties. Gosh I am so lucky original.gif

thanks again girls xxxx

Edited by ~crackajac~, 29 April 2010 - 03:36 PM.

#43 butterflies

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

OMG Jac what a worry.  I can't remember how far along you are. Glad to hear that Sencha is doing well.

Kay Nate's little friend sounds gorgeous!

T you sound very busy and I am sure G will do fine at preschool, it's just those two days with him are going to drain you, Zahli wants to do everything with me when she is home on the Thurs and Fridays, though she has swimming thurs morning and a little preschool class (45mins at 5 senses) friday morning which is good to fill up some of the day.

Mardi you are doing a fantastic job, tell your DH to pull his socks up, maybe leave him a timetable that he has to do things.  I think teaching children must the THE hardest job.  I hope you are still enjoying it though.

as for us, Alannah has been diagnosed with chronic cold urticaria, my sister had it in her pre teens so i know a bit about it, but just annoying, she has to have anti histamine until oct and then weaned and if bad the dosage can be upped, watch that she doesn't crash (can faint when her temp suddenly drops) watch when in the water or even getting out of the water.

#44 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:51 PM

Just quickly to send Jac some hugs - take care of yourself miss.  Glad to hear all iswell with you and bubs - hope things improve for you soon so you can go home  xxxx

I can't remember how far along you are.

only a couple of days behind me if I can remember right? shrug.gif

#45 mhjemma

Posted 29 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

Hey Jac - I am thinking of you. Despite my personal beliefs, I have started praying lately (must be those bloody Catholics rubbing off on me!) and you are in my thoughts and prayers.....

OMG!! You actually have to use a capital C for catholic or spell checker tells you it is wrong!!!!! Hmmmm......Influence or what!! (ok, I'll stop now with the cynicism. I do work within "the Faith" so I'll be good and play nice!!  LOL)

Thank you for your words of support girls. I am LOVING most of the job, just slightly (well, maybe HUGELY) overwhelmed by the demands involved other than the regular teaching. It is so funny that I am as excited as the children about their 1st communion....so much so that I plan to go to church on Sunday, even though I am not rostered on for this weekend. Holy Cow...maybe those bloody God botherers have gotten to me after all...

DISCLAIMER: Anyone that is "churchy" ...I am not meaning any disrespect!!....

SEE....They HAVE got to me! i NEVER apologise for religion crap!! ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!

I am going to stop now before I bury myself in a deeper hole!!!!
Just need to say that I am sooooooooooooooooo glad to have you gorgeous girls to type to! You are my outlet for everything so I thank you from the bottom of my heart xoxoxoxoxoxo

#46 Titania

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:12 AM

hehehe. original.gif

#47 Kay1

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:00 AM

LOL Mardi!! original.gif I think it just shows you are able to invest in the kids you teach wherever they might be and that means you are a great teacher original.gif .

I second that sentiment Mardi, I have been thinking lately how much it means to me to have this place to express things and have you wonderful women out there for support. So thanks y'all!! bbighug.gif

#48 Titania

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:32 AM

DH has gone to SA and left his phone in the back of the taxi! :0 sad.gif

#49 Kay1

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:00 PM

Oh bummer T! I'm sure he can pick up a cheap one over there and give you the number. Or maybe you can post his to him? How long is he there for?

#50 Titania

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:21 PM

9 Days. I haven't got his - dunno if we'll get it back - it's got all his contacts in it and international roaming turned on etc (so it will be expensive if someone uses it) - and was expensive phone... Would take too long to post it - and wouldn't really want to send it internationally. I just don't like not being able to get hold of him whenever I need to - in case the boys are sick etc.
Hoping to hear from car co - this arvo...

Edited by Titania, 30 April 2010 - 02:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.