- - - - -

Win an ABC Kids DVD pack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
159 replies to this topic

#51 biccies

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

I have one little boy who is a lovely sweet child and I have never thought of him to be spoilt whatsoever  but he made me rethink this when I told him we should go through his very large toy collection and get rid of some as there are way to many.

I told him "We can pick out ones that you don't use anymore and give them away, there are lots of children that don't have any toys to play with"

DS had a look of shock on his face "No Mummy I like all my toys I don't want to give any away"

Me "But what about other children who have none?"

DS "But they have boxes!"

#52 Freddie'sMum

Posted 24 April 2010 - 09:55 PM

In our house we use the word "fluff" as a substitute for "fart".

Miss-almost-5 did a fluff.

I smelt it.

I asked her "did you do a fluff honey?".

Miss-almost-5 "yes Mummy it's stinky".

Miss-2-and-a-half "I did a fluff"

Miss-almost-5 "I did a fluff"

Miss-2-and-a-half "I did a fluff"

Miss-almost-5 (shouting) "I did a fluff"

Miss-2-and-a-half (shouting) "I did a fluff"

They were both wanting to take the credit for doing a stinky fluff !!

#53 Jarn77

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:22 PM

DS1 (3 yrs) came crying to me after bumping his head on the table.
Me: (after kissing it better) Did you say sorry to the table?
DS: But Mum, it's not a talking table!

#54 Kez82

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:35 PM

DD ( 2 years) came waltzing into the bathroom, asking "Mummy, more cheerios?". I realised she meant the left over Cheezles from last night. I replied "sorry baby, all the Cheezles are gone". DD shook her head and says "oh bugger".

Edited by Kez82, 24 April 2010 - 10:35 PM.

#55 bellabambina28

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

Sorry, yet another poo story.  DS is toilet training and this week after doing poos on the potty decided that he likes to describe what shape they resemble.  Today it was a 'duck' poo, then a smaller one was a snail poo and the other night he told the babysitter that he'd done a crab poo!

#56 Shiny Star

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:00 PM

Earlier this week...
ME: “Careful on the wet steps boys, they’re slippery”
ME: Clunk clunk clunk, flat on my back at the bottom of the stairs

The next day...
ME: “Careful, remember what happened yesterday”
ME: Clunk clunk clunk, flat on my back at the bottom of the stairs

Mental note to self - Don't wear thongs going down the steps when it's been raining  wwhistle.gif

#57 LJandAJ

Posted 24 April 2010 - 11:01 PM

DH teases DS sometimes when feeding him by pulling the spoon away as DS just goes to get it in his mouth.  Now it is soooo funny when DS tries to do it to himself, pulling the food away just as he is about to put it in his mouth!!!

#58 LisaAbe

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:15 AM

At the doctors a lady farted next to us on her chair and my little son yells out MUM SHE DID A FART! and he's pointing to her. Everyone is muffling their laughs and the lady looks so embarassed. He wouldn't stop mentioning it out loud!

#59 Havachat2

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

ME: here, hold bub. I sewed that nappy he's wearing.
Friend: What if he poo's? You sure it wont leak?
Me: It wont, its fine.

Cue-  DS3 with 3 days worth of poo.  ohmy.gif  sick.gif  oomg.gif

Never tempt fate by saying "its ok, he won't poo"!

(and the elastic worked perfectly!)

Edited for length, wasnt reading properly early hours of the morning!

Edited by eggyj81, 25 April 2010 - 09:34 PM.

#60 TurtleTamer

Posted 25 April 2010 - 12:27 AM

My 3 year old son was watching Play School last week and there was a segment showing a fireworks display to music over Sydney Harbour.  He turned to me with quite a shocked look on his face and said "The lights are DANCING!!!!"

[Unfortunately he broke his leg 2 days later so won't be dancing himself for some time to come sad.gif ]

Edited by TurtleTamer, 25 April 2010 - 12:28 AM.

#61 Bubblz

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

We have an automatic garage door and DS4 sometimes pretends he is a superhero and 'helps' push the door up.

Yesterday though, he didn't let go and went up with the door and was hanging from it!!

I had to get him down in fits of laughter biggrin.gif

#62 ~Jot~

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:24 PM

Matilda was reading Jack and the Beanstalk. "There's no bears in the cupboard mum." she said. Thinking there's no bears in that story, I had a look at what she was pointing at I realised it was the page that said, "The cupboard was bare." happy.gif

#63 Manicmum

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

Mummy pulls the milk from the microwave, spills it on the bench over clean dishes and on the utensil drawer contents which are on the floor, steps in biscuit and slips on milk.... Twin 1 cries "bikkie broke", twin 2 laughs "Mummy wet!" biggrin.gif

#64 Bondia

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

It's a beautiful moment. Two little girls admire their newborn sister. She gazes at them with big blue eyes and ... does the hugest belch you've ever heard!

(Darn it - edited for a typo then saw the rules - does that matter?)

Edited by Bondia, 25 April 2010 - 02:44 PM.

#65 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 25 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

Toby cant move about at the moment due to a broken femur.  The other day I found Miss 4 perched on the back of Master 2's beanbag, abusing the fact that her brother is unable to move, with a hairbrush in one hand, and a can of hairspray in the other...

(Sorry! I did edit immediately, only because I realised that it was more than a week since it happened!)

Edited by ~*Sharon*~, 25 April 2010 - 03:11 PM.

#66 mrsfoz

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

DS came "skating" down the hallway with a sanitary pad stuck to the bottom of each foot with the wings coming over the top telling me he was helping to clean the floors. Funny was that DD did this too when she was about three.

#67 ~Tera~

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:45 PM

I was talking to my elderly neighbours when my 15 month old Hayden sticks his hands down my shirt and says: Mum, mum, mum ........Me: Yes Hayden .........Hayden: Mum, I some titties  cool.gif .........Me: Hmm you want boobies? ...........Hayden (yelling): Mine titties. mine titties  laughing2.gif

#68 Mrs Claus

Posted 25 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

my DS3 borrowed Raggs dvd from the library. when the librarian asked him what it was about he replied 'dogs. most dogs do poos, these dogs do singing and dancing' original.gif

Edited by me3922, 25 April 2010 - 10:00 PM.

#69 Tokra

Posted 25 April 2010 - 11:23 PM

DS1:  “We should name the car mummy.”
Me:   “What should name her?”
DS1:  ”Cocoa!”
Me:  “Why cocoa?” (giggling)
DS1:  “Dunno, it was my head”
Me:  “That’s fabulous, a white car called Cocoa”.
DS1:  “Why is that funny Mummy?”
Me:  “Cos cocoa is brown and our car is white!”.
DS1:  “Oh....”

#70 koalas

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

My DD this morning told me (while she was going to the potty) 'I don't have a hairy bum like you mum!'

#71 Simply Me

Posted 26 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

When dropping off my DS at 3 year old kinder, he promptly told me good bye and for me to be good! biggrin.gif

#72 KimminyCricket

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:29 PM

DS has been a little slow starting to talk, but just this week learnt to say "tickle" as his first word.  

I was changing his nappy the other day and he reached down and grabbed himself and gleefully shouted "TICKLE TICKLE TICKLE!" grinning from ear to ear!

Definite 21st moment!

Still makes me chortle  laughing2.gif

#73 allie*f

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

As I was tucking my sound asleep two year old daughter in for the night, when she turned looked at me and started panting and barking like a dog, As quick as she had started she turned back over and started snoring. Must have been a good dream.

#74 mamma2miracles

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

My 15 month old got into DH's underwear drawer earlier today, he then managed to get the legs of one of his boxer shorts over his head and toddled out to the lounge "wearing" Daddy's underwear!  WE took it off him, the next thing we knew, he as walking back out waving a pair of boxers in either hand with a big grin on his face.

#75 lovinmybaby

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

I was showering DS1 after he had been playing outside.

DS: Mum, why does my willy stick to my balls?

Me: I dont know ask daddy (laughing my head off)

DS gets in the shower and is playing with his willy, then promptly wee's in his own face.

laughing2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.