• This topic is locked This topic is locked
187 replies to this topic

#51 gimmeguitars

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:12 PM

it's on the website but not on the monthlies? argh

#52 kcruisin

Posted 02 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

Hi Girls!

Please excuse me for crashing here, but I would like to ask some advice if that is ok.

First of all I am a bit upset that this just happened to my cutting mat!!:
cutting mat

When I searched for the guarantee on the mat, it tells me it only has the Q guarantee. When I read about that, it tells me I only have 30 days to return it, and only if I have the receipt? I totally didn't realise this when I purchased them, and now think it won't be replaced.

Is it worth trying to get replaced? I have used them for about 5 months. I'm not exactly sure what happened - I wasn't in the kitchen, hubby was cooking (rare occurrence!) and cut himself. Then he put the mat on the table where my young sons were. He insists he didn't do it, although I am guessing something happened rather than the boys doing anything.

I am upset because I have spents HEAPS of money on HEAPS of tupperware in the last 6 months due to the guarantee, and the first thing I tried to have replaced was an antartica that hubby (again!) put in the dishwasher bottom shelf and it melted in 3 spots. I couldn't believe it, there is nothing on them to say only on topshelf, and even if it had been stated at the party (I don't remember it being), hubby wasn't at the party!! So how does anyone but the purchaser know how to care for the product? I was very disappointed and very sheepish to DH that I had to spend more money on the already expensive "guaranteed" product!

Question 2... I just sent 2 containers back for my mother that were really old and had fairly badly split lids - savoury keeper and slice container. One of the base containers also had a small crack on the corner of it. When they were returned, only the lids were replaced. Do you think the Demonstrator missed the crack in the container and didn't ask for it to be replaced, or they wouldn't replace it because it wasn't significant enough or they thought it didn't fit their guarantee criteria? I guess it wouldn't really affect the use of the container....I feel bad because the Demonstrator is family of my sis-in-law and I feel that I have bugged her enough with my questions! She just dropped them off at my door, so I didn't get to ask her at the time...

Here is a pic, do you think I should try sending back again?
savoury keeper

Thanks so much for your help!!

#53 ~CheerBear~

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

Hey Kcruisin! With the container I would say she just missed it, there is definately no reason why it wouldn't be replaced.

With the cutting mat I would also ask her just to try and see what happens. The worse thing they can do is say no and attach a little sheet that explains why.

#54 ~CheerBear~

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:04 PM

With Antartica sets it does say Dishwasher safe, but I have always been told to use it on the top shelf due to the heat.

I dont have a dishwasher but I believe they reccomend putting delicate items up the top? Maybe one of the other girls can explain it better for me lol

#55 kcruisin

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

Thank you CheerBear, I know now that I have gone looking that it says only topshelf... I honestly don't remember that being pointed out... but DH has always put plastics in the bottom and nothing has ever melted before... trust it to be the expensive tupperware!!  I have also had other brand items that actually have it imprinted that it is only to be topshelf.... I def think they should put this on tupperware if they aren't going to replace items.

As for the cutting mat, as DH said when I said they prob wouldn't replace it because it looks like it had been cut through, "well, it's a CUTTING MAT, I think the very point is that you aren't SUPPOSED to be able to cut through it"... hmm, good point....

#56 AppleCake

Posted 02 June 2010 - 11:59 PM

Product care is printed on the back of the Price List/Order Form.

"To increase the flexibility of your new Seal/s place them in hot water for a few minutes, then dry.
Apply warm Seal to the empty base. Stand for a few hours to cool. Cooling will ease the new Seal.
The majority of your new Tupperware products are dishwasher.Both containers and Seals may be placed in the dishwasher. Position Tupperware  items securely on the top shelf so they will not become dislodged by water action.

Retain the beauty of your Tupperware items by avoiding the use of sharp utensils and abrasive cleaners.

Tupperware Brand Products developed prior to 3 September 1979 are not dishwasher safe."

Q Guarantee...As these products are not intended for lifetime use they do not carry the Lifetime Guarantee...

kcruisin I am sorry that your TW melted but I would suggest the fault is with your dishwasher not the product.
A sympathetic TW demonstrator may replace your items at cost price. (If you were to collect)

#57 kcruisin

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:42 AM

Thanks Applecake, I only saw those instructions after about the 4th order! rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I'm am not bothering with that antarctica, I already paid the money to have a replacement.  I was more just giving a background, and whether I should ask about the cutting mat and the savoury keeper.  Otherwise it will seem I have spent a lot of money on things for the guarantee, only for them NOT to be guaranteed under so many circumstances (which I wasn't exactly aware of).

I knew the Q guarantee isn't lifetime, I had no idea it was only 30 days!!!  I would return any defective goods to a shop even after 30 days.... specifically being that I think we cut through the cutting mat!

#58 sashels

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:09 AM

is attending sessions as amazing as everyone says? what is usually in the goodie bag? it seems an awfully long day! thanks guys!

#59 abeni

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

Sessions is awesome.  You get recognition for your own hard work, and you see what others in your state are doing, too.  Theres also little training sections for the new products being released, motivational speakers and lots of information on Tupperware itself.  I cant remember exactly what was in the goody bag, but i know it had the cafe out and a copy of the new catelogue.  It is a long day, but well worth it, and you generally get an hour break for lunch and to stretch your legs.

Anyone know when the august sessions is, and if its before or after the manager conference in Malaysia?

#60 RedTulip

Posted 03 June 2010 - 03:29 PM

There is no August Sessions. Managers conference replaces that completley. Releases will be done at Managers conference and brought back to be shown at SM afterwards. There "may" be sessions in February but I haven't heard if that has been confirmed anywhere.

I had 3 people come to a chat/info session at our 'ship last night and 2 are definites and the third is meeting with my manager Monday morning to discuss how to make it work for her family.

Kcruisin - My cutting mats have marks also. I've found that serated knives are usually the culprit. Def ask about the savory keeper split. I regularly put my antarticas bottom shelf in dishwasher and have not had a problem. Sorry your experience with warranty isn't as good as it should be sad.gif Demonstrators are supposed to explain all the "rules" of products at parties but I have had heard tonnes of stories when care instructions haven't been pointed out. I have replaced customers TW out of goodwill when I believe they genuinely have looked after it as per instructions but wasn't covered under warranty. It is so disappointing for a customer to be told the problem isn't covered even though they've taken care of it.

Edited by RedTulip, 03 June 2010 - 03:31 PM.

#61 steen2007

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

Kcrusin- I am sure that someone here would be happy to help with the crack if you need. I would ask about the cutting mat too.

Do you guys get the monthly preview emailed out? I got the ship newsletter but would like to have an electronic version of the preview.

#62 RedTulip

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

If you PM me your email address christine I'll email you ours. We get one every month, plus special flyers for other bits and pieces for customers. original.gif

#63 steen2007

Posted 06 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

Pmed you redtulip thanks for that.

How was everyones weekend? I held a mystery hostess party and it was such a great afternoon. Booked one party from it and hope to book a few more still.

#64 abeni

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:05 AM

Rose came to our Sales Meeting last night   biggrin.gif She's hilarious, she made us all do the Mexican Wave whenever our team was called out for an achievement.  Funny funny lady!

And i finally got my coffee machine from a sales/recruiting contest, and my $90 of NDDP free stuff, woohoo!

#65 3sCompany

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hi everyone,
I am new to this so apologies in advance if I do anything wrong. I did a google search for an Ultra Pro recipe book and it led me to a post on this forum from ages ago by Little Chickens who stated that she had some recipe books but I cant find how to 'pm' her to ask for them.. sad.gif
So if anyone has any distributor or demonstrator 'created' recipes books I would love to hear from you? I am not after the books or recipe cards that Tupperware sell.
I have a Stack cooker 'book' that someone put together and I am in the process of compiling other recipes into a 'book' that I would be happy to share if you let me know your email address.
Looking forward to hearing from you all soon.
tongue.gif

#66 abeni

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:18 PM

Sorry 3sCompany, the only recipe books for tupperware i know of are the ones in the catelogue and the recipe cards.

MIL borrowed my ultrapro the other night, fell in love with it, but left it sitting on the bench for a few hours before washing up , now it has those gross oil stains around the edges  glare.gif   Have tried soaking it in hot soapy water, no good.  Anyone know how to clean strong stains without using a scourer?

#67 TupperChick

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:18 AM

Sorry Ebony I have no idea never had that problem with my UltraPro's.

So how is everyone going? I am still really quite but hoping to get back into the swing of things soon.

Who has managers that have qualified to go to Orlando our 'ship had 2 in the top 7  tthumbs.gif

#68 RedTulip

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:30 PM

Our director qualified for the Orlando trip original.gif Not sure if any other managers did yet! She announced it on her FB page the other day - suppose we will find out tomorrow night at SM officially happy.gif

Abeni - I've done that. A soak in hot soapy water and a scratch free scourer for non stick frypans worked on mine original.gif

#69 Guest_*Alicia*_*

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:57 AM

Deleted - I just remembered how OTT EB is about asking q's in these threads.

Edited by *Alicia*, 21 June 2010 - 01:37 PM.

#70 Guest_*Alicia*_*

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

Deleted

Edited by *Alicia*, 21 June 2010 - 01:37 PM.

#71 3sCompany

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:37 AM

I saw a few people mentioning the Coke chocolate cake so I went searching and found this website with lots of Coke recipes  original.gif
http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/heritage/recipes.html

I also found this low calorie recipe on a web site. ohmy.gif

1 chocolate cake mix
1 can diet coke (any diet cola works, even Wal-mart brand)
mix and bake as directed. (no I am not kidding)
cool and add fat free cool whip
Enjoy, according to Weight Watchers this snack is only 3 POINTs a slice.
No eggs, milk, water, oil or anything else!

I love Google original.gif Hope you find these useful.

#72 steen2007

Posted 24 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

3 company, thats the one that we use for the parties.
At least I know the points now thanks.

#73 TupperChick

Posted 05 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

So who is going to a Sales Meeting tonight? Would anyone be able to PM me what the big release is?

Big news at Sales Meeting tonight - beg, borrow or steal a ride to get there!

Posted on Facebook by Tupperware Australia

Hope you are all well and parting hard. I am trying to get back into things now that everything has settled with one of my boys health.

#74 lil_ness

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

HI

I am thinking of becoming a demonstrator, but am confused with the hostess gifts, who pays for them, as I was told the commission was 33% but then got told only to work on 20% commision as of 'costs'
and if you have to pay for the hostess gift, what happens if there are promos like the $100 free tupperware, who pays for that? original.gif

#75 AppleCake

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

-kate-  I'm guessing you have the answer to your question by now.
$240 free TW for $900 sales and 2 party dating is great! That's $360 free TW with the TYG and then a discounted Insulated Server. I'm lovin' it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.