September 05 Parents # 394

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#101 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

Oops - sorry - you posted while I was editing the last reply. lol.

#102 bellemae

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

Too funny T! It's fascinating the range of personality characteristics which come out - We watched Iron man with the boys the other day, which they both thoroughly LOVED. Kai was telling me afterwards that Iron Man is his favourite movie, then he stopped for a moment, thought, and said "Well, that and My Little Pony, they're both my favourites" original.gif

Builders buggered off because of the rain eventually - not before I acquired a shocking headache (partially noise and partially stress I think), but I heard them organising to come back tomorrow morning at 8am  blink.gif  *sigh*

Better go, dinners ready...

#103 Kay1

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

The other mum thinks its sweet that Nate is so enamored with her daughter. But then she's used to being told how exceptional her daughter is, she really is pretty unusual. Everyone adores her, kids and teachers (and parents) alike.

#104 Titania

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:47 PM

WOW Belle - I LOVE Iron Man - but there's no way L will be ready to watch that for at least a couple of years - way too grown up and scarey for him (though he'd beg to differ). Was Kai not scared by it (it's rated M isn't it?)?

#105 Kay1

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

Nate is scared of Toy Story so he won't be watching Iron Man til he's old enough to vote!! laughing2.gif He might manage My Little Pony though, I should get him that one.

#106 bellemae

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:37 PM

Kai LOVED it!!! We watched the first one at home together one night, then the 2nd one at the cinema after school the following day. He didn't find it scary at all (yep, it is M rated, but I tend to make my decisions on what the boys watch based on what I think is ok for them, not based on a standardised rating). Kai was very inspired by the movie, he wanted to go out collecting bits of scrap metal from the neighbourhood and make some helper robots.

#107 butterflies

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:08 PM

hey slow down there girls!!

as for M movies Zahli has seen all of the Austin Powers movies LOL!! so have the other girls.

Sharon Paris and her best friend B were like that in 3 year old kindy so much so that I seperated Paris into another class at the preschool because she would not let B play with anyone else and they wer ein seperable.

B's mum was not so much worried but I was as Paris was having issues at preschool so I wanted her to go out and make other friends.

The preschool did say that it was up to me and because they were boy/girl that they would naturally drift apart but I chose to seperate them.  They still saw each other at preschool every wed's plus at play dates but Paris made her own friends and it all worked out fine.

I'd say trust your gut, if it is going to interfere with learning (if they are going to be in the same class) then absolutley seperate them, but if the school can put them in seperate classes I don't think that they would continue the same way.

good luck

#108 butterflies

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:10 PM

Oh yeah

We are going to FIJI!!!

cannot wait, it will be Dh's and the kids first trip OS and my 2nd (though completly different holiday to my first)

got passports done today (what an ordeal)

#109 bellemae

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

OMG how exciting Karina!!!!! When are you going?

#110 butterflies

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:24 PM

1st week of 3rd term!!  we are going with friend's who also have 3 kids so the kids are going to have a ball and so are the mummies and dad's!! cannot wait. though Alannah is already starting with the 'but I am scared of heights' but hopefully with her friends sitting behind her it won''t be too traumatic for her.

#111 bellemae

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

Sounds fantastic!!!!  I'm sure Alannah will be fine original.gif Especially with friends there.

#112 Titania

Posted 22 May 2010 - 10:22 AM

LOL and Yay to lots.

Hey Kay - try Nate with WallE - huge hit here. Boys are addicted to Flushed Away at the moment (great movie). Meh, when we can get them off the play station.
They have yet to go to the cinema (same here for 4.5 years), man I look forward being able to take them to see things like Iron Man. I don't think Griff would sit through anything yet.

Belle, or fans or R. Downey, have you seen Sherlock Holmes yet? Fantastic.

#113 bellemae

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

Nah, haven't seen Sherlock Holmes - we only ever manage to see movies the kids want to see...

OK, who bloody stole my 4.5yr old and turned him into a stubborn, screaming, defiant little so-n-so!!!??? AND PLEASE, can I have the old Kai back?? sad.gif

#114 Kay1

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:33 AM

And who took my endlessly screaming foot stamping toddler for a couple of days and why the hell did they have to bring him back. glare.gif Thank god for childcare is all I can say.

#115 bellemae

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:06 AM

Going through one of those 'I'm the crappiest mum in the world' moments...doesn't seem to matter how patient I am, how consistent I am with rules, how reasonable I am with what I expect from the boys, how clear I am about what needs to be done, doesn't matter at all what I ask them to do they will either bloody argue with me or just ignore me!!  sad.gif mad.gif  seriously, why? Matt can ask them to do the exact same thing in the same way and they'll do it!! ...mmmm, possibly just overtired and overstressed...exams next week, Monday, Tuesday & Friday ohmy.gif I'm up studying 'cause it's quiet.

ooh, trying to think of something nicer to tell about original.gif Just finished reading the first Harry Potter book to the boys, they loved it! That was fun. They're very keen to get stuck into the next one now. Oh, Kai was quietly working away in the lounge room this arvo, I went in to see what he was up to and he said "I'm doing my mathematics, do you want to see?", he then showed me this page of 'maths' he'd been writing. His sums had lots of square root signs, x's, e's and powers, so cute, he's been watching me work. Better get back to it, it's getting late.....

#116 bellemae

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:05 AM

Hello  unsure.gif

eeek, pretty similar time as last night...I better get to bed...night guys original.gif

#117 Kay1

Posted 28 May 2010 - 07:30 AM

Oh Belle - I do feel for you. I imagine I will be where you are very soon. My only option with Leo at the moment is to lock him in the dining room when he screams. sad.gif He is going in there a lot. So far it only takes 30seconds in there and then when I get him out he'll calm down and do as he's asked (generally). GOd knows what I"ll do when that wears off. He's seriously doing my head in though - this one last tooth will not come out. It had better bloody come before our holiday grrrr. Just so you know you are not alone. I hope you're getting your study done with no more construction outside!.

#118 bellemae

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:07 AM

unsure.gif Not sure how I missed this one yesterday, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY Karina!!! Hope you had a fabulous day original.gif

Thanks Kay.

It's amazing how different your own two kids can be. As much as Tien is argumentative, he's a really good kid, he rarely tries to be naughty. Kai on the other hand, not saying he's naughty as such (because in the scheme of things I know I'm really lucky and my boys are fabulous), but he seems to have realised that the punishments we dish out aren't really that bad and he doesn't seem to give a toss whether we want him to behave a certain way or not. Half the bloody time he smiles at me while I'm telling him off, he seems to think it's one big puppet show which he is in control of. I put him in his room, remove privileges, but although he's upset initially by these things, none of them seem to bother him enough to make him want to cooperate! Little bugger! At least when he's sweet, he's very, very sweet  wub.gif

#119 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:25 AM

waves.gif

Sorry just haven't been up to posting much the last few days/weeks - I'm sooo tired, fat, sore, uncomfortable, over it, fat, tired, tired and fat, did I mention tired and fat??  wacko.gif

36 weeks and LESS than 3 weeks to go - woohoo!  Not sure I can make it that long though - might have to beg DH for his services *cough* *cough*  Knowing my luck it wont be enough to get things moving though rolleyes.gif

Belle, Kay and others - yep lots of bad mummy feelings over here too.  I feel especially bad because even though Emily is a cheeky bum every now and then, I seem to yell a lot more at Damian.  sad.gif  I hate myself for it and try to "breathe" before the yelling starts but it's so hard.  Also wonder if I should get his hearing checked!  He has passed all his eye and hearing tests mind you but sheesh.. I have to tell, ask, beg and plead for him to listen to me a million times - sometimes I just give up because I can't be bothered repeating myself yet again.. wacko.gif  

Bah I gotta run..  need to get some shoes as my last favorite pair broke cry1.gif then scrub the oven (does anyone know where in the house the oven is normally located?? lol)  then a quick tidy up.  Trying to keep on top of the housework now more than ever just in case I pop!

Hope you're all keeping well!  hugs to those who need it wink.gif wub.gif

#120 bellemae

Posted 28 May 2010 - 09:37 AM

what did I hear you say Lynny?? Scrub the oven?? No way! Didn't you just say the moment before that you're 36weeks - surely that makes any oven scrubbing a partners job?? But, OMG, 36 weeks - where did that time go???

#121 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:58 AM

Well it's more like a quick wipe down with a warm soapy sponge wwhistle.gif
surely that makes any oven scrubbing a partners job??

don't want him to see just how grubby it is! ninja.gif blush.gif It's not that bad but I cleaned it out with bicarb and vinegar a while back and when it was dry I noticed all these white marks all over the inside - obviously left over bicarb that I mustve missed..

But, OMG, 36 weeks - where did that time go???

It's gone so quick! I think more so because the kids have kept me really busy so I havent had time to sit down and stare at the calendar all day? shrug.gif I'm so happy I have reached 36 weeks.. I've been having little nightmares of having another 35 weeker.. not that Damian needed much help at 35 weeks, just didnt feel like going through feeding issues or having to leave them behind for 2+ weeks sad.gif

can hear the couch calling me!  BBL

#122 bellemae

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:46 PM

Sitting in the garage (our office), trying to study, can hear the boys chattering in the lounge room. They have decided to play a Harry Potter game, I missed who Kai & Tien were playing, just caught Kai saying "Dad you can be....um...who can you be Dad?? Oh, you can be Hagrid, because you're BIG....and you're hairy!"  laughing2.gif "YES!! you're BIG, and you're HAIRY, you have to be Hagrid!!!" He then p*ssed himself laughing, as did I roll2.gif just thought I'd share original.gif

#123 Kay1

Posted 29 May 2010 - 06:21 PM

Too funny belle. laughing2.gif

Ah what a day!!! First I got trapped in a shopping centre carpark for an hour, then got home and had a blackout for an hour and a half. Power's back on and now I have to go and babysit....

#124 bellemae

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:30 PM

Sounds like a nightmare day Kay! Hope it got better.

FREAKING out about my exam on Monday! I'm usually stressed about exams, but this time is different, the lecturer hasn't given us any idea as to what will be in it, but by the looks of the past exams it will be HARD  unsure.gif

#125 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

laughing2.gif Belle - that's hilarious! biggrin.gif  Will be thinking of you tomorrow - hope it all goes well.  You're one smart cookie so I'm sure you'll be fine once you get stuck into it! wink.gif original.gif

Kay - yuck! Glad you had gas for the cooking at least!

Big waves.gif to everyone..  

Nothing exciting happening over here..  I'm feeling rather "meh" at the moment.. shooting pains down both legs, pinched nerves, hips feel like they are ready to split into two, sore back, horrible reflux - so bad that I can't sleep at night.. apart from that it's all good wacko.gif I am having moments where I am super excited to have another bub to cuddle wub.gif and moments where I am absolutely terrified of having him.. I just hope surgery goes well, baby is healthy, and that the spinal doesnt hurt too much! blush.gif

Wish I was going to Hornsby - at least I knew how they did things.. I have no idea what I'm in for at Nepean and it's scaring me to death unsure.gif

Anyway.. enough sooking..  last check up tomorrow! ffear.gif by the end of this week there's only 2 weeks left! tthumbs.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.