September 05 Parents # 394

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#26 Titania

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:00 AM

Karina - thinking of you this morning. Hope it's all over in a jiffy and the results are good news.

L still very sick here. Stopped vomiting every five minutes and now only vomiting if he tries to eat something. Still got very high temp though. sad.gif  Took him to doc yesterday - said severe virus - was shocked at the amount of vomiting though...

#27 Kay1

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:51 AM

Aw poor L sad.gif

#28 Kay1

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:51 AM

Aw poor L sad.gif

#29 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:49 AM

Karina - hope the test goes well today!

T - poor L!

Muttering lots of swear words here today!  Toby managed to get his nappy off in bed last night, so I found him this morning drenched in wee - cast included!   sick.gif  He stunk before, but now - URGH!  I can hardly stomach being in the same room as him!! *cry* and he (theoretically) has another 3.5 weeks of this!

#30 mirandarine

Posted 10 May 2010 - 01:12 PM

Gee-zus R- Im sorry for pestering you on FB. Naturally I had no flippin' idea. ssorry.gif  nno2.gif
You have a hell of alot on your plate, I dont know how the heck you do it.
How will it work next yr when school ends at 3pm? Do you have good after school care in your area? Im guessing you must.
Im thinking of your Dad and your family and hoping that the stem cell transplant goes all to plan.
It sounds like you need to take some time off work- get your kids to the Docs, sort them out, spend time with your Dad and work out what the hell your going to do now you have an XH.
Sorry to be blunt, but babe- pull the reigns before you have a trainwreck on your hands.
I really am only thinking of you hon- please ignore my opinion and tell me to bug off.

#31 butterflies

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

back!! all is normal, now what is the pain I have had for over a year......

dh was telling me this morning when he is waking the kids for school they asked where I was (they already knew) and DH said mummy's in hospital getting her tummy fixed, Zahli started to cry and dh was ready to try and calm her down etc, but the started laughing and said 'psyc' and starts rolling on the floor laughing.  comedian LOL!!

anyway

R sorry to hear of the situation you are now in, but I'd say by the sounds of it you are better off without him.  You are a strong woman and will get through this with your gorgeous kids.  thiking of you.

T poor L, I remember my kids have a chuck bug for a week, it's awful, TBH I wouldn't feed him at all, apart from 20 mls of water every hour.

Sharon - ewwww I would go back to the docs and demand them to replaster it.  Or go to another physio or doc and get them to do it.

and maybe a big box by your bed for the puppy so she won't be able to get out but will be able to see you would make her settle quicker.  But I am a sook with animals.

#32 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 11 May 2010 - 09:30 AM

A million and one sorries... I am trying to catch up but it's just not happening  wacko.gif

Karina - so glad to hear it all went well, so whats the next step in finding out whats wrong? unsure.gif

Sharon - another Eww here, hope they can redo the plaster for your noses sake.. poor bubba though, must be horrible having to wear the plaster for so long sad.gif

R - can't think of anything constructive to say, just wishing you and the kids all of the best for the coming weeks.  Sending you lots and lots of cyber hugs!  bbighug.gif

T - poor L! Hope he went better last night and is feeling better this morning

(Man, it really is bizarre that I am doing this God stuff!!)

definitely weird! Tounge1.gif but hey if its working then stick with it! wink.gif

Mel - love the new hairdo!  happy.gif

Jac - your new profile pic on FB is too cute! How've you been feeling so far - getting excited yet?

A shocking attempt at personals, I know blush.gif

AFM - nothing new or exciting happening here.. off to get some baby stuff today - so I can finish up my hospital bag. I'm sure I'm packing enough clothes for 20 people but I can't help myself. It's going to be too hard for DH to drag the kids back and forth to the hospital without having to bring me stuff so I want to make sure I've got all the essentials.  Hoping to go home after 48 hours on the hospitals Midwifery at Home program hands.gif  The whole baby thing is still a bit surreal so I'm not really excited about anything yet  mellow.gif a week from Saturday I'll be as far as I was when Damo arrived eeek! (sorry if I'm repeating myself!) I'd love for my little man to arrive a little bit early but not that early - dont think I can deal with the whole premmie baby thing again sad.gif  Anywho..  better go.. Em is at CC today - almost kept her home because she seemed a bit sooky but I know I'll regret it the moment her and Damian start fighting/screaming again!

Hope you're all keeping well!  waves.gif

Edited by ~~Lynny~~, 11 May 2010 - 09:31 AM.

#33 Titania

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:58 AM

Took L to hospital last night - still high fevers, broke out in rash - and was very lethargic. Course he perked up when we were tere (had given him panadol. We're to take him back to doc's today if still has fevers - which he does. Day five and not eating anything. sad.gif

#34 Kay1

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:17 PM

Oh no T, that's awful. I hope he's better again soon. What a worry when they are sick sad.gif

Lynny - OMG I can't believe you're on the countdown! ohmy.gif

Well we have booked a holiday to Fiji...wooohoooo!! eexcite.gif

#35 Titania

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:52 PM

Gaaaah... Lorcan seems to have turned to the corner - but now G has started vomiting. sad.gif

#36 Starbuck

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:46 PM

T I hope G gets over the virus quickly. Poor L, it's awful when they are that sick (plus, I have a real phobia about vomit  sick.gif ) hopefully he will recover quickly now that he has turned the corner.

R Wow, that sucks big time.  hhugs.gif to you and the kids. Hopefully you will be able to navigate this tricky period. I agree with Miranda, maybe slow down a bit cause you don't want to burn out. Have you guys sorted out custody stuff yet? You know we are all here if you need us!!  bbighug.gif

Yay Kay!!!  eexcite.gif That sounds great. When are you going? We went for our honeymoon so a couple of weeks back in terms of what time of year. It was quite nice and didn't rain too much. Not sure of different seasons. We had a great time and the resort we went to was great for kids. Presumably if you are taking the kids you would have looked for a resort like that. We would definately go back with the kids (if we could afford it.)

Lynny Try to relax in this last bit, there is no hurry to have an extra kid to wrangle. Enjoy your last nights of no screaming baby. I know you probably can't wait though to see/hold him (and not be huge anymore). It's exciting having another little Semptemberry-baby.

Not long till you too Jac! Make you you are still resting up.

Karina Bummer  tongue.gif  about not knowing what's causing the pain yet, but good that it's nothing major that would have been picked up in your test. Have you done the whole taking different foods away from your diet, testing for intolerance? I know for me, my colonoscopy was clear but I still have loads of symptoms, from a combo of wheat and lactose intolerance (if I slip up with what I eat), medication induced problems (painkillers slowing it all down) and just general irritable bowel which is very variable and you just need time to figure out what sets you off. So there can be no major diagnosis but IBS itself can cause some major symptoms. Anyway, hth's and is not just me talking outtta my butt  tongue.gif (couldn't help myself.)

Me I am actually pretty good mentally. Since last week having mini breakdown and realising I have been underlying depressed and lots of negative thinking for quite a while I have been trying to make some changes to how I think and what I do. Despite having a whole heap of physical crap come up since then, I have still remained positive-ish and doing the few things my psych and I talked about.
I did some good SAHMing yesterday with Rosie and was really pleased about that. I have been trying harder to help DH out more, even when I feel physically bad, so that he has some pressure taken off.
Anyways, just feeling a bit more positive, so YAY for me.  biggrin.gif

Oh, Sydney peeps. I am going to be in Sydney for Ro's big annual check-up nect wed, then I have my own Dr's app't next Thursday. I don't have anywhere to stay and was wondering if someone could put me up Wednesday night. If near-ish to Westmead I can be dropped off by Steven when he takes Ro home, or he can drop me to a train/bus place. But I need to be able to get to Concord Hospital on the Thursday by late morning on public transport. If no-one can help that's cool. And if a few people offer, I might have to choose based on how easy it is to get there, so hope that won't seem rude to turn people down.
There is another (non-internet) option I will check out too.

OK, better get girls out of bath.

#37 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:40 AM

Hmmm getting our money's worth out of the espresso machine - DH has turned into an expert overnight and make the yummiest coffee's now wub.gif wub.gif

Lynny - OMG I can't believe you're on the countdown!

scary huh! ninja.gif oh gawd so jealous about your holiday! Cow! LOL Tounge1.gif

T - oh no! Poor kids (and you!) - hope G gets over it quickly - vomiting is the worst!  sad.gif

there is no hurry to have an extra kid to wrangle. Enjoy your last nights of no screaming baby.

Shhh dont remind me! I'm hoping this bub is as good as the other kids and starts to sleep through from day 1.  It's going to be hard to adjust to a screaming booby leach that wants feeding at midnight wacko.gif

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better in yourself - sometimes you just need to say stuff everything and look after your "Self" IYKWIM.. Wish I could offer you a bed but Concord is a real pain to get to from here if you havent got any transport unsure.gif and even with a car it's a bit painful  sad.gif

Sheesh I hate this time of year - half the family's got b/days atm and I'm running out of ideas..!  Mum and brother in march, dad in april, DH and DSD in may and DSS at the beginning of june - that doesnt include mothers day and what not wacko.gif

DSD is next week - we have been racking our heads for ideas and last night it finally jumped out at me - Tickets to see the advance screening of Eclipse on VMAX - I'm sooo jealous ninja.gif

Anywho gotta run - want to go to the newsagent, then back home to vege! Tounge1.gif

#38 Titania

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

Gaaaah. I'm going to scream. Flipping doctors.

L seemed to have been getting better. G threw up rather a lot last night - but today has only had a very slight temp, is running around (a little dopey) and has been eating plenty considering - with no more vomiting. L on the other hand has gone downhill again and has temp of 39 again - has had high temps for around 30 hrs short of a week, and no appetite - he has lost a couple of kilos (and he was only bordering 18 to begin with). he ate a croissant today and a small amount of porridge.

he has a nasty chest cough and has been to the doctor for the third time in a week. he's put him on ventolin as well as his flix. But he didn't explain the high temps going on for so long. I'm convinced he has a chest or sinus infection or something (I sent DH to the doc with him, after listening to his chest with my stethoscope) - and it doesn't sound so 'wheezy' to me - but rattley.

These high temps going on for so long, make no sense if he doesn't have a secondary infection. We have yet to see 'our' doctor... so I guess there will be another trip. So far behind with work now - and feel sick myself.
So worried about him though.. sad.gif

Karina - when your girls had that bug - did they have high temps for the whole week too? L hasn't vomitted or for a few days now (Sunday, or Monday was the last). And his poos are getting better too (still gross - but not liquid).

#39 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

Happy Birthday Shazza! (I know how much you like it when I call you that! wink.gif laughing2.gif)  

Hope you have a wonderful day and that the family spoils you rotten! wub.gif

BBL!

#40 Kay1

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:38 AM

Happy Birthday Sharon.

Oh T that sounds just dreadful. I really hope he improves soon. sad.gif

Poor Leo is sick as a dog. High temps and coughing up a lung since yesterday. sad.gif Might have to get him to the GP today.

#41 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:20 AM

Sorry to hear about all the sick kiddies sad.gif

#42 Titania

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:18 PM

Oh no, not Leo too. sad.gif
Hope it's over rapidly.

L's lost 2kgs. G was well enough to go to FDC today - L not, obviously.

Happy Birthday Sharon

#43 Kay1

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

Thanks T, he's still very sick. He's got a double ear infection and bad chest etc. On antibiotics so hopefully he'll perk up soon.

I hope L picks up soon too.

#44 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

Thanks guys!

Add us to the sick list - Toby has been fighting something off for about a week, but he is getting more chesty, and cranky as hell! Hannah has been complaining about a sore throat, but I am not sure how genuine it is... but I have a sore throat and sinus ickyness as well (although thankfully not feeling too awful), so she might have the same.

Hope everyone else is feeling better soon!

#45 Kay1

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

How is the weeed on cast??

#46 butterflies

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:30 PM

happy birthday Sharon!!

Kay I hope Leo gets better with the anti b's

T - I really can't remember back that long ago with regards to the sickness as we were in the old house, so before being pg with Zahli, I just remember all of us being wiped out for a week with throwing up and the other end.

can I join in too with the feeling like crap??  sore throat and coughing up both lungs every day

not good with a weak bladder

Kay where are you going in Fiji??

#47 Titania

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:32 PM

Oh no, double ear, not good.
L not on anti-bs though I've got a script now. Had to pick up G - he spewed everywhere - you wouldn't know he was sick though.

Poor Toby too. sad.gif

Kay - where are you going in Fiji - I'd love to book a holiday but need inspiration. And Fiji's so cheap at the mo. Meh, we'll probly end up going to Palm Cove yet again - maybe too scared to take the kids out of the country.

#48 Kay1

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

I kept hearing how cheap Fiji was but I have to say we didn't get a incredible deal. There are still a lot of people going, we couldn't get into our preferred resort (Castaway) but got the very last room at Outrigger. We actually booked the flights and then were told no room so that was a stress but we got one.

Got to run, have appointment.

#49 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

Kay - smelly... BUT coming off on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!

Karina sad.gif Hope you feel better soon!

Edited by ~*Sharon*~, 13 May 2010 - 04:34 PM.

#50 Kay1

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:03 PM

Good news Sharon. Just as well you've all got sinus issues laughing2.gif

OMG I am p*ssed off right now. Just sat in the neurologists office for 2 hours. rant.gif My appt was at 1pm and they changed it to 2pm because he was running late. So I got there at 2pm and when it became clear there were two people ahead of me asked how long it would be. My friend was babysitting and had an appointment at 3.30pm. They said it would be too close so I call my friend and she kindly says she'll cancel her appointment. So then I wait....and wait. Eventually at 3.30pm he comes out but instead of speaking to me or acknowledging me just takes my file. 35 minutes later he is still in there and I am in the waiting room!! ohmy.gif I ask the receptionist to ask him how much longer - she comes out and says 10 more minutes - its now 4pm! I was so angry and upset that I stormed out. Had a huge tanty driving home and forgot about the school zone so will probably get a fine - doh!! Now I don't know what to do. I think I will just ask him to send my files to my GP and I'll worry about what to do later. If he dares to charge me a cancellation fee or anything I will seriously hit the fricken roof. It amazes me how these doctors assume no one else's time is important.....grrrrrrrrrr!! Ok vent over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.