Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:55 AM

unsure.gif ph34r.gif

#27 Guest_myboys!_*

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:24 PM

Hope your house hunting & selling is going ok cassi8

ph34r.gif

#28 ~Elliesmum~

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:57 PM

lol, just popping in to say hi, haven't been around much the last few weeks!

can't believe the mischief my K is getting into lately but she's too cute for words, and such a parrot at the moment!

#29 cassi8

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:35 AM

laughing2.gif we have done the parrot thing even to the point where we would say he was being a parrot and get "parrot"

Thanks myboys, still waiting to sell. We have giving up house hunting until we have an offer at least, everything is just selling so quick that its pointless.

We have all been sick with sinus-y things and N is on ABs and been home from CC all week so we are all going a bit stir crazy.

#30 ~Whintreleigh~

Posted 05 June 2010 - 10:45 AM

Hi all... sorry to intrude....

I was a part of the due in September group with some of the ladies in here..... I am not sure if anyone remembers me or not but I lost my baby at 12 weeks after a very traumatic time.... since then I lost 2 more babies but I have come in to share some good news original.gif

I welcomed my beautiful little girl Elyssa Paige into the world on May 22nd original.gif I once again had a high risk & hard pregnancy {and the labour was no better} but she is here.. safe and sound and very much wanted and loved!!

Anyways, sorry for the intrusion, I just wanted to let my old DIG buddies know there was a happy ending original.gif

Whint
xx

#31 beaglebaby

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:53 PM

Congratulations Ali on the Birth of Henry

and

Congratulations Wintreleigh on your precious Elyssa

I did notice yesterday while stalking your DIG for news on Henry's arrival, but didn't want to intrude there to congratulate you.

Boring Saturday here, DH has taken Lucas shopping and left me home with the larger monsters to do all the fun stuff like washing.

#32 seepi

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:16 PM

Oooh - babies galore!

Congratulations Ali and Whintreliegh!!!

Good luck dealing with 3 Ali - I hope you are resting up in hospital as long as you can.

My Daphne is a very good baby so far - sleeping better than Jasper did as a newborn - fingers crossed it continues.

#33 cassi8

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

:wave: Seepi, nice to see you in here. I'm glad to hear all is well with Daphne and she is being a good girl.

Congrats Ali!  biggrin.gif

Congrats to Wintreleigh as well, so glad you finally have your little bundle in your arms! original.gif She is beautiful!

#34 Guest_myboys!_*

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:14 AM

Congratulations girls on the births of Daphne, Henry and Elyssa! Hope all is going well.  biggrin.gif

Not that I will be going again but I do miss having a tiny bubba...they grow up so fast  sad.gif

#35 Blondiebear

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:29 PM

Whintreleigh - congratulations, I'm so glad you got your happy ending.

Seepi - nice to see you, and good to hear Daphne is doing well.

#36 lucy77

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

Hi girls,

Glad I popped in and saw all the exciting news!

Congratulations Ali on Henry,  Wintreleigh on Elyssa, and Seepi on Daphne llove.gif

Hi to everyone else!  waves.gif    

We are well. Sophie dropped her day sleep at 20 months, but apart from that is a gorgeous funny little thing. I ask her every day if she wants to sleep and she says "No way!!!!". Hopefully the next baby will be more chilled. We also found out we are having another  babygirl.gif . I was convinced it was a boy as this pregnancy has been so different and my cravings totally opposite....I just want hot chips and burgers....last time it was lollies and cakes. Plus we have so many males in our families that the odds were for a boy! It will be nice for them to have sisters, and to get to use all of Sophie's pretty little clothes again.

#37 littlemumma

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hi Lucy

So nice to hear from you. Wow, I can't believe Miss Sophie has dropped her day sleep, cripies. How are you coping with that? Does she have quiet time instead? I'm sure this bub is going to be very chilled and different, as you said the pregnancy has been totally different. Congratulations on finding out you are having another little princess, they will be great friends.

#38 cassi8

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:54 PM

Oh Congrats Lucy!  bbaby.gif
I don't know what I would do or how I would cope with N awake all day either but i do know the day will come!

How are you doing Seepi?

#39 Guest_myboys!_*

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

Congratulations Lucy!
My DS3  is trying hard to give up his day sleep but I'm fighting to keep it! It's makes for a very long day with no break!

#40 Blondiebear

Posted 24 June 2010 - 01:02 PM

Oh dear Lucy I don't know how I would cope without that day sleep! Claudia has been so good with sleeps lately, unfortunately MIL has just called the home phone 5 minutes after I put her down today glare.gif so she's up, will try again in half an hour.

#41 Guest_myboys!_*

Posted 25 June 2010 - 06:47 PM

Blondiebear I just noticed your BHP 21-6-10. Congratulations. I hope all goes well for you.

#42 Blondiebear

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:43 PM

Thanks myboys, I am not getting excited yet but hoping for the best.

#43 seepi

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:39 PM

Congrats Lucy77 and fingers crossed and congratulations for blondiebear too!

We are going well. Daphne is a dream baby - thank goodness. She will be sleeping better than Jasper before too long. and she only cries when she is hungry mostly - not like Jasper who cried a lot for his first 6 months, for no apparent reason.

I agree  about the day sleeps for toddlers - try to hang onto those day sleeps for as long as you can girls. My oldest DD dropped hers at about 25 months, just before Jasper was born, and it was very frustrating. i wish I'd tried harder to keep her having a sleep, or at least lying down in her room. Plenty of 3 year olds at preschool still have a sleep.

Jasper is at a cute stage - talking a lot, in a very precise soft little voice - great pronunciation, and repeats everything we say, but only says single words so far (most of the time). but he has so many words. it is like a word explosion at the moment. I've joined a playgroup for him, and I'm also going to take him to dancing - he loves music and dancing.

Ali - how are you going with 3??

#44 alimumof3

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:46 AM

Hi everyone and  a big hi to seepi!! i've been thinking of you a lot.

How am i finding 3 you ask??????????

****. thats all i can say. and i still have DH home!! its the older 2 driving me nuts, but then again we're all sick so tolerance and patience is at an all time low.

Henry is good, like Daphne, sleeps a lot, and feeds a lot, 3hrly night and day so I am tired.

I really am dreading when DH goes back to work, as i'll have all 3 all day every day. DD hasn't started kindy yet, not til next year, so there is no break. she has just given up her day sleep (3yrs 3mths) and Oliver has dropped his from 3hrs down to 1.5 which isn't enough of a break for me!
I'll get htere i'm sure....

so seepi, i need your tips!!

#45 Guest_myboys!_*

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

alimumof3 -I think the age gaps between my 3 may be bigger that yours but it does get easier. My husband had 6 weeks off after number 3. I loved having him home and really dreaded him going back to work. But when he did go back I seemed to get in a much better routine than when he was home.

#46 alimumof3

Posted 30 June 2010 - 03:43 PM

thanks myboys! i hope you are right original.gif

what age gap do you have?

#47 Guest_myboys!_*

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

My age gaps are 3years 6 months and 2years 10months.

What I find mind boggling is that my oldest will finish high school before my youngest starts  ohmy.gif

#48 cleo86

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

Hi ladies, do you remember me? I am embarassed by how long it has been since I have been in here. blush.gif
Between 3 uni subjects, work and Lily, the weeks and months just fly by!

I am very happy to see the baby and pregnancy news, I hope everyone and families are well and life is treating you all kindly.

Ali Congrats on your baby boy, Henry is just gorgeous! I hope you are all feeling better soon. I am sure you will find your feet with time. Everyone I have spoken to seem to say that the transition from 2 to 3 is much more difficult than 1 to 2. How is Oliver adjusting to his little brother?

Seepi Congrats on the arrival of your daughter Daphne, that is wonderful that she is such a good baby.
Jasper sounds gorgeous, Lily is starting to talk lots aswel and I just love it!

Blondie Congrats on your pregnancy! You have been in my thoughts and I will be mustering as many sticky vibes as I can muster! How is the gorgeous Claudia?

Congrats to Lucy77

I am very jealous about the babies that are still having day sleeps! Lily has dropped her sleep through the day and I was hoping it would last a little longer.
I really shouldn't complain though as she is no trouble at all and doesn't seem to get grumpy, infact if she does have a sleep she wakes up grumpy from that.
If we are out she will sleep in the car or pram but generally not at home.

DP and I have begun talking about baby #2. I am very excited and a little relieved as I was starting to get concerned that my yearning for another baby wasn't going to return.
I have maintained since having Lily that I didn't want to get pregnant again unless I felt that same desire that I did with Lily and not just because it is the 'done' thing to do.
It may sound silly but I am more scared about baby #2 than I was with Lily! Is this normal?
Perhaps it's because I know what i'm in for, however having said that Lily is just the sweetest little girl I could dream of!

Is there any advice/tips that I should consider?
I am such a structured person and I like to consider all the info at hand, any ideas greatly appreciated!

I am absolutely LOVING this age with Lily, she is so much fun and her little personality is shining through. She is starting to talk lots and is such a little sponge and doesn't forget a thing!

I hope the week so far is treating you well. original.gif

Edited by cleo86, 20 July 2010 - 09:16 AM.

#49 cassi8

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

waves.gif Cleo! Nice to hear from you. Sounds like Lily is just a little gem and you sound like you are all well! How exciting talking about #2 DH and I are thinking about it but not just yet. Sorry I don't have any advice for you but I have heard its perfectly normal to be more anxious about the second, I know my friend was!
So sorry I haven't posted before now, busy busy busy!

#50 cleo86

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

Hi Cassi waves.gif
You are right, Lily just makes my job so easy! Lots of people tell me she isn't normal laughing2.gif I'm sure baby #2 if we are so blessed will keep me on my toes to make up for how easy Lily is!
Nathan is gorgeous, I hope all is well. We aren't yet sure of when we will start TTC#2 but I get very excited thinking about it!

Edited by cleo86, 01 August 2010 - 05:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.