December 08 Parents # 38

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#51 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

waves.gif

fuzjuz - oh you poor thing. i hope it is all working out for the better now. and i can't believe how big tristan is either. almost 20 months, where has the time gone?

floss - i hope the ms doesn't last too long. i had it worse this time but it lasted for a shorter period of time but i also turned up at th gp's and begged for maxalon at 6 weeks after being barely able to keep anythin down for 3 weeks. oh and my DIG well lets just say they were going through a thread a day at one point oomg.gif

waves.gif mrmeg. my ds1 was born the same day grin.gif

thanks everyone for the congrats. everythign is going really well, though we have had a few unsettled nights because i ate omething that agve Rowan terrible wind. he sleeps very well during the day though original.gif actually am jsut about to go wake him as my boobs are going to explode otherwise. am so happy that i seem to be getting the hang of breastfeeding this time, though i keep thinking somethng is going to go wrong.
tristan is getting big, esp after i pick him up after carry rowan. he seems to be adapting very well to having a little brother though um i haven't had both of them by myself yet so we will see how things go.
well gtg and feed bub
maya

#52 More than a Mother

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

Congratulations Maya. Great news, so pleased for you. T looks v. thoughful in the piccie - can't quite decide!

Fuzjuz - sorry to hear you've been having a tough year. Hope you're starting to come out the other side.

Floss - hope the MS settles for you soon.

Marmeg - hi waves.gif

Us - things are ticking over nicely after some nightmare sleeping issues and HF&M disease. He said three words yesterday; 'Mummy, sit down", which was V. funny.

#53 ~Fuzjuz~

Posted 06 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

Morning Ladies original.gif

MAYA, glad to hear Tristan is loving Rowan so far. wink.gif  laugh.gif

SSORRRENTO, thanks, finally on the other side. License to sort out & then let the money roll in.  laugh.gif
Hope the HFM wasn't too bad & awww on his talking.

Kane says What's Dat? to everything.  wacko.gif  laugh.gif He is obsessed with cars, trucks & buses still. Easily entertained, he loves watching the garbage truck each friday morning. original.gif
B/f is ending.  cry1.gif Kane didn't have a morning feed yesterday & only had 1/2 side this morning. So very proud to have got this far & glad he is doing it on his own terms kwim? Bit sad but happy.

Thinking of putting him into DC. He is listed for FDC but he only goes once every 2 months, as she doesn't have a permanent spot. sad.gif Only want 1 day & not sure how he'll go as he's very much a mummy's boy.  blush.gif biggrin.gif

Hope everyone is well, is windy & cold again today. Brrrrr. Enjoy your friday & w/e. waves.gif

#54 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:05 PM

ssorrento - i hope the HR&m has cleared up and sleeping is improving. PIL are here and seem to be destroying the good sleep habits i had finally drummed into tristan. not happy jan. his speech is pretty good. i am still a bit concerned with t's. he doesn't ahve much of  vocab and hasn't really improved in the talking dept. probably doesn't help that i am the onyl one encouraging him talking, as why should he bother when screaming at his father or grandparents gets him given whatever he wants

fuzjuz - glad to hear it is all improving. hope you go well with getting K a place with daycare

well jsut popping in to see how everyone i going really. am suffering major brain fog atm as rowan was sleeping dreadfully (he was reacting to the chocolate i was eating, missing my choccies already) then i finally get a good night from him only to ahve tristan start sreeching and waking everyone up. nothing wrong of coursebut because fo the PIL what is usually jsut a quick cuddle, pat and refill of his water cup turned into a 3 hour screaming session and ended up with him sleeping with dh on the couch. can not wait until i have my house back to normal and am not getting the bleeding obvious comments of "bet you didn't think it would be this hard with 2" rolleyes.gif
hope everyone is well
maya

#55 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

waves.gif everyone

well i had a chat to child health nurse yesterday when she came to weigh rowan about tristan's speech and as i thought he is behind in his development there sad.gif so we are being refered to the speech therapist. does anyone have any ideas to encourage him to start talking? we are doing the name the things around the house, jsut generally chatting to him, reading, asking him questions (like do you want some milk/dinner/food? etc). i was thinking of getting some flash cards as well to see if that might help
maya

#56 ~Perplexity~

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

Hi,

Maya - hope you go well at the speech therapist with tristan.  We just talk alot and tell both kids what we are doing as we do them.  H does not speak as much or as well as E did at the same age.  I have noticed daycare have flashcards so perhaps they would help T worth a try anyway.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

#57 samshine

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

Well hello anyone that still comes in here.  Thought I'd bump us before we drop off the face of EB - we certainly are slackers these days.  Wanted to pop in and see how Maya is going with her little man and how Floss' pg is going (hope both are going well girls).

We are going well here.  F is a delight these days, such a cuddly happy man.  I don't remember liking this age as much with DD.  Tantrums are our biggest issue with him but after DD, any tantie he throws is a walk in the park lol.  Life has been alot easier since he decided sleep is his friend, however it doesn't take much to unsettle him.  A new tooth, a cold, and we're back to one hourly wake ups.  All this week we've been nocturnal.  I know I'll cope much better when uni is done.  The pressure of end of semester is really getting to me at the moment, and I know I haven't been the best mum lately.  Anyway, its starting to pay off, I got a job as a child health nurse and start in just over a week.

I can't believe the second birthdays start soon! DH has gone all clucky on me and is making noise about #3, at the exact same time I breathed a sigh of relief that life has gotten (somewhat) easier. And me, the person who always wanted no 3, is dead set against it... I feel like I've had a period of intermission and things have kicked off again - in terms of work, outside life, travel,  etc etc.  

Anyway hope all you girls are well.  I won't do personals as they'd be a bit dated  wink.gif

#58 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

hey sam,
been wondering how everyone has been going. congrats on teh new job, your must be very happy original.gif

well rowan was diagnosed today "officially" as being cows milk protein and soy intolerant/allergic. and my supply is crap at the moment even with maxalon so we are going to be topping up with neocate and i have to go soy/dairy free. which will be fun as soy seems to be in everything nowdays, but oh well i don't really mind at this point, i just want the little ratbag to start putting on weight, he's even worse then tristan in that he has now dropped below the 3rd percentile poor bubba. and he got stabbed today sad.gif because the pead wanted him to have blood taken to rule out anything else as his colouring is paler then she likes. so hopefully he is chubing up nicely soon.
hope everyone is going along nicely now, though omg the tantrums these almost 2 year olds can throw oomg.gif
floss - hope your pregnancy is going well.
maya

#59 floss22

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:56 AM

Hi Girls!

Maya- At least you have a diagnosis for Rowan now. Hope he starts to stack on the weight soon. Mia can throw some ripper tantrums and at other times be sooo good. It is a hard time sometimes.

AFM I am 20 weeks this week. I dropped out of the DIG as they kept taking my name off the list when I didn't poet very often. Mind you I was reading but was so sick right up to 18weeks that I didn't post much. Anyway now I am so far out of the loop and not going back!

Not much other news but goodluck for #3 Sam!
xx

#60 ~Fuzjuz~

Posted 17 December 2010 - 02:06 PM

biggrin.gif

Just thought I'd say Merry Christmas to you all. Hope you're all well & kids are behaving.

Thank god 2011 is just around the corner. Will be so glad to see the end of 2010.  sad.gif

All is fine here. Kane has suddenly started saying so much more. Buy is butterfly, bar is car/bus/truck. He says Nanny for the kids name laugh.gif as they all end in an eeee sound. Manny for Handy manny.
Dh & I spent a week in QLD in early november & I thought Kane would've weaned then but noooooooooo, he's still having 1 - 2 feeds a day.  rolleyes.gif He eats anything & is still having a day nap for a couple of hours. biggrin.gif

Got our front yard fenced in & got a deck built so is great spending some time outdoors. Kane loves it too.  biggrin.gif

Chrissy is at our house this year with my side of the family & we're flying my big brother up from Melbourne next wednesday. He's Mums chrissy present so can't wait to see her face. laugh.gif Very pleased with myself as I haven't blabbed either.

That's about it. Stay safe if you're travelling & catch you all next year.  waves.gif

#61 ~Perplexity~

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:18 PM

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

I can't believe our babies are 2  ohmy.gif

Things are busy around here at the moment i can't seem to find anytime between working full time and spending time with the kids.  Housework is at the bottom of the list which means the house is always messy.  We have just got our backyard landscaped though so the kids finally have somewhere safe outside to play.

DD starts Kinder this year and H will be in the next room up at creche, i can't believe how quickly my kids are growing up.  Sam i who was dead against having #3 am starting to contemplate it  ohmy.gif  will see how things go, DH would def need to get full time work before then.

Maya - Oh no, at least Rowan has been diagnosed now although that would make things difficult.

Floss - wow 20 weeks, glad the morning sickness is easing off now.

Juzzy - well done on the breastfeeding.  Hope your mum had a lovely surprise seeing her son for christmas.

#62 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

hope everyone had a good xmas and new years.
we spent ours at the PIL and well lets just say next time i see them they are not staying at our house. every single time i see them tristan's behavior goes down hill. i finally had gotten a bit of hand of his tantrums etc and he was behaving like a happy normal toddler, now well it's all gone backwards again and it's all because the IL's let him do anything he wanted, ahve anything he wanted and stupid dh let them so my vioce got drowned out. am p*ssed off at dh at the moment too, he always takes the easy way out with tristan and it is driving me up teh wall. if he screams give him what he wants, if he has a tantrum give him what he wants, let him bite and hit people, even if it is your 94 year old grandmother. no means scream some more and it will turn into a yes. finally i yelled at him when we got home and tristan had the complete total meltdown because i dared to put him to bed before 10pm at night despite the fact he has been up since 2am and had a whole total 1 hour sleep during the day. dh better start pulling his finger out or he is going to be sleeping on the couch, no make that in the garage. and seriously he needs to go back to work or we are going to be divorced/separated in a year as he has turned into a selfish so and so.
sorry for the rant am feeling a bit fragile with very little sleep and a ballistic toddler and what feels like no help
maya

#63 ~Perplexity~

Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:59 PM

Oh Maya sorry you are having a hard time at the moment.  Hope your DH can help you with Tristan's behaviour.  H is pretty defiant at the moment as well with his tantrums, screaming fits etc.  

Vent away all you like.   bbighug.gif

#64 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:16 PM

thanks fraggles. today is a bit better, wrote him a long letter and he is sorry and is going to try and help more.
oh and must say your new sig is gorgeous.
maya

#65 ~Perplexity~

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:36 PM

Maya - glad he is sorry and is going to help out more.

Quick question - is everyones little ones still in a cot or in a big bed?  H has been arguing sleeping in either since christmas but last night he slept in his big bed and today he is having his day sleep in his big bed.  I have had to lay in there with him to get him off to sleep.  Not sure i am ready for him to be in a big bed yet though  sad.gif   he is growing up to quickly.

#66 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

tristan has been in a big bed since easter last year wink.gif that was because i needed the cot though, that and he seemed to be getting tangled int eh bars and it wasn't big enough anymore for him but he sprawls a lot so needs lots of room
maya

#67 Nikki789

Posted 10 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hello everybody, hope no one minds me joining the group my ds2 is 10/12/08. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year.

#68 ~Perplexity~

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Welcome Nikki, what is your DS's name?

My DS Hamish was born 16/12/08.

Maya - Hope all is well.

Hi to everyone else.  Just finished organising tea it was the first day back at work after the christmas break today and DH is at work until 9pm so organising tea and bed for the kids was all up to me tonight damn

#69 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

hi nikki, the thread is a bit quiet at the moment. i guess we are all pretty busy these days. your ds2 has the same birthday as my ds1

fraggles - hope tea went well

#70 MayaTheGrinch

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

hi nikki, the thread is a bit quiet at the moment. i guess we are all pretty busy these days. your ds2 has the same birthday as my ds1

fraggles - hope tea went well

#71 MummaSteele

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

Hi ladies its long time since I last posted I'm not sure if any one will remember me my name is Stace. I left the site in 2009 as I had a lot of things going on in my life that need my constant attention, I'm hoping that I'm able to rejoin this group.

I've noticed in the time I've been gone I've missed a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.