#2 Nut

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

Gold original.gif

#3 kasem

Posted 09 May 2010 - 07:31 PM

Silver  smile1.gif

#4 Nut

Posted 11 May 2010 - 08:43 AM

Just thought I would share a pic drawn by my spunky boy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/pautiric/P1050043.jpg

All by himself, this morning original.gif

#5 tam1979

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:44 PM

Very clever Alex original.gif

#6 Guest_loveyababy_*

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

Hello everyone!

Thought I would pop in and say hi original.gif so Hi! hehe

Not much to report here. Evelyn's going well. She is partly toilet trained. We will do wee's but are scared to death of poos! She is of course just so darn cute!

Due on Monday/Tuesday and having lots of pre-labour pains.. wondering when they will eventuate to a proper contraction! I don't know why, but i am feeling so much more nervous about this labour.. i've done it twice and both times I wasn't nervous, not even the first time. I really don't understand..

Hope your all going well.

#7 Nut

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:32 PM

My sweet little boy!! He said to me today "I love you mama".

I have gone all gooey. Not only because it's the first time he has said that but he so rarely uses anyones name other than the wiggles so it's a big thing for me.

And he has been saying "Nigh Nigh Nena" when I put El to bed too, and he put a hat on her this morning... Finally after 9 months he is starting to really accept her properly!

#8 Guest_BlueBessie_*

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:14 PM

LYB - good luck!!!!

Nut - it's so nice when they say those words. Stephen has his older brother to learn to parrot from and when I say good night I love you each night, nothing can beat the " I love you too" chorus that comes back

#9 Nut

Posted 18 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

Alex doesn't have anyone else to copy so it's only us. But he copies everything. He picked up a container of small cable ties and asked "What's that?" to which I responded "cable ties". He repeated it and then went and showed his daddy saying "look! Cable ties!".

Problem is he also says a lot I cant decipher and he always wants me to copy him as well. He say something, I have to say it back and it's really hard when you have no idea what he is saying!

#10 LOZGUS+2

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:04 PM

hi ladies

i am soo sorry for being such a slack poster-er  wink.gif

had nothing much to say until now................

i am 9 weeks pregnant and somehow we managed to do it all on our own!

we have had a 6week and 8 week scan and everything is perfect.  besides amos, we have NEVER ever had a baby/heartbeat, so it's very promising.

we are due on boxing day....4 days before my birthday!

ob thought it may have been twins as my hcg levels were so high  9DPO : 96 / 13DPO : 647 / 19DPO : 8535

but THANK GOD there is only one.

all day nausea and EXTREME TIREDNESS kicked in at 5 weeks, so not happy jan. i am only now starting to feel crappy instead of revolting! i am much more sensitive to smells and am off more food then with amos. even vegemite on toast, which is why i get up in the mornings  laughing2.gif

sandie - i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY that you and nate are back and i can't wait to see you both soon

love to all xoxo

#11 ames_78

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:18 PM

Lorraine - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's awesome news and has really made my day!  I was wondering how you were going with TTC (and if you still were).  I hope the morning sickness goes away for you soon.

Talking - amazing how they listen to everything and copy at this age.  Just gotta be careful sometimes by what I say.....the other day I tried a library dvd and said to myself (but out loud) "it's stuffed" of which Hamish copied "stuffed".

Hamish had a fall yesterday - was running around outside and tripped falling on his face.  He grazed his chin and chipped one of his front teeth.  I was worried when it happened that he'd knock his teeth out from the fall (which I know someone's son it happened to).

Tantrums are still going strong here - usually with kicking, screaming and pushing me.  Ah the joys!

I am all booked for my transfer on Tuesday.  I'm taking so many tablets (morning, lunch & night) I've had to write down what I have to take when.  Not looking forward to the pessaries but hopefully it'll be all worth it.  I'm also stressing over the cost of it all.  Plus other things are popping up like DH probably needs to get new glasses and Hamish needs a new car seat as he's outgrown his (so need to buy 2).

#12 kasem

Posted 22 May 2010 - 04:11 PM

Lorraine - congratulations on your fantastic news!!!!   ddance.gif

#13 tam1979

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:41 PM

Congratulations Loz, fantastic news  eexcite.gif  xxxx

#14 JennyH

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:59 AM

Loz that is sooooo exciting for you... wishing you all the best for an uneventful pregnancy.  Woohoo.

Ames, fingers crossed for you guys too.  Try not to stress over the $, money is money and somehow we make ends meet when we need to.

Long time no see, have been a bit AWOL from all my due groups... life seems busy somehow.

Michael is going well, still small (I *think* he's 11kg now when sopping wet), still opinionated and stubborn, but either getting better or I am learning to avert or ignore it!  He makes me laugh with what he says, we went for coffee with DH the other day and a lady walking her dog was waiting on a take away.  michael said hello to the dog and then came back to the table. I asked him if he thought the dog was waiting on a coffee (just to be funny) and he gave me a crazy look and laughed "noooooo, the doggie's got no hands"!! Love that logic!

We are venturing on our first overseas family holiday in a few weeks, eeek so much to do, we've decided to jump in and go adventurous.. off to the jungle of borneo for 2 weeks to see orangutans.  Should be interesting with the 3 kids in jungle camps, but I figure what doesn't kill you (or them) makes you stronger.

Other than that life seems to career along ever so fast - I'm in denial that June is around the corner!  

Cheers
JennyH

#15 Guest_BlueBessie_*

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

awesome news Lorraine - sounds very positive this time round, so best wishes for an uneventful pregnancy.

Jenny - Borneo - wow, what an adventure, have a great time and stay safe!

Ames - feel for you in the tanty department. unfortunately I remember the 3's being harder than the 2's, so we might still have some fun ahead of us. Good luck with the transfer and hope to hear some news soon.

Nic - so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. I hope the memories that you have will help your family to heal, but I am sure there will be many tears to come. hugs.

I still have 5 and a bit weeks to go, getting some nice Braxton Hicks. Having another scan in 2 weeks to check on size of baby. I actually forgot to take my insulin for the first time ever last night, and then at lunch again today, but generally the g. diabetes is under control ( so long as I remember to take insulin she says!!)  Have started feeling a bit overwhelmed at times when I think of having 3 kids 5 and under, especially with DH travelling every week...have started giving hints that either the travelling reduces or he might need to look for another job because I don't think I can cope with this lifestyle of mainly single parenting for years to come, not fair on the kids or me I don't think.... anyway, Stephen is pottering along in life, generally a happy soul with the odd tanty at inconvenient times!!

Hope everyone is well..
Tan

#16 courtneysmum**

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:42 AM

Hi mummies & toddlers

Loz - huge congrats to you and your family fantastic news

Jenny - wow you go doing a jungle trip with 3 kiddies omg hats off to you.

Nut - so very sorry to read the loss of your brother. and big hugs

Tan - gosh your pregnancy has flown ( well for me anyway LOL) do you know what your having?

AFM - i have had a huge month! my pop suddenly got very sick the wed before mothers day and fought till the 17th may omg he had such a strong constitution for life. so that has takn most of the last month, being at the hospital, then the funeral so very sad. but he was 91 and had a great life.
Ryan still chucking major tantrums omg its so annoying he goes from sweet child to devil child in seconds.

#17 Guest_BlueBessie_*

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

Jess - another blue one!!!

#18 ames_78

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

Tantrums: ahhhhh!!!! I have a very stubborn son!! (don't know where he gets that from  wink.gif ).  He knows what he wants and when he wants it - so too bad if I disagree.  Raising my voice to him doesn't do anything.  If I ask him to do something he replies a firm "NO".  He's only trying with me & DH - with everyone else (including childcare) he's a perfect angel.

He hates us brushing his teeth (and won't brush them himself)
He hates baths (DH has been having to get in the bath with him and now he has a fear of wee so doesn't like his nappy off at all - the other day DH got him into the bath but was wearing his bathing outfit  rolleyes.gif .
He hates when I say we need to change his nappy
and the list could go on...

Guess I'm just having a bad week where my tolerance level is low as on Tues I had a negative b/t result from my transfer so I'm feeling pretty much full of hormones.  

Hope everyone else's week has been more relaxing.

Anyone got plans for the long weekend?  I don't - as no $ - this week I've had to pay for petrol and groceries out of the money for the mortgage.

#19 Guest_BlueBessie_*

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

sorry to hear Ames that your blood test was neg. Will you try again soon?  Hamish sounds like he is a real 2 year old with all those tanty's... they can be so intense and frustrating. Stephen wont use toothpaste on his toothbrush, but each night I persist at holding his arms and doing it with the tiniest bit of toothpaste and I think I am slowly wearing him down - after about 4 months..... I have tried him choosing his toothbrush and toothpaste, taking in turns, role playing and whatever else I think of on the day, but the only thing that works is holding his arms and having a little brush myself! figure he will get used to the toothpaste eventually!

nothing happening here for the long weekend. Stephen has had a fever since yesterday and the runs all morning, so am just waiting for the vomiting to start...maybe we'll escape that!!!

hope good health is with everyone else!
Tan

sorry to hear Ames that your blood test was neg. Will you try again soon?  Hamish sounds like he is a real 2 year old with all those tanty's... they can be so intense and frustrating. Stephen wont use toothpaste on his toothbrush, but each night I persist at holding his arms and doing it with the tiniest bit of toothpaste and I think I am slowly wearing him down - after about 4 months..... I have tried him choosing his toothbrush and toothpaste, taking in turns, role playing and whatever else I think of on the day, but the only thing that works is holding his arms and having a little brush myself! figure he will get used to the toothpaste eventually!

nothing happening here for the long weekend. Stephen has had a fever since yesterday and the runs all morning, so am just waiting for the vomiting to start...maybe we'll escape that!!!

hope good health is with everyone else!
Tan

#20 Nut

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

Just popping in to say hi. Thanks for all the... well wishes?? No.. well... Comments, about my brother.. It's been a really difficult time and is not going to get easier any time soon I don't think.

Alex is Alex. Still not one for tantrums, though does express himself perfectly fine without them. His language is coming along nicely. Starting to manage little conversations... sort of.

Him: Crayon?
Me: What do you say?
Him: Crayon Please...
Me: Ok.. here you go.
Him: Look! A crayon...
Me: That's right it is a crayon.
Him: Yes. It's a white crayon.

Or something like:
Him: Crayon???
Me: Can you say please?
Him: Yes...

He chatters away and is quite technical with what he says. He keeps telling me Uncle Lothar is broken. I have never mentioned anything about Lothar and his death to Alex so I have no idea where it came from or why but there you go.

He loves playing Family Feud on facebook and constantly asks to play it. And he loves playing with Word. I open up a blank document and he sits here typing numbers and letters to his hearts content.

Elena is a few days shy of 10 months old and I think she is going to make life interesting. Alex was putting his finger in my mouth while I was making fish lips. She came over, pushed his arm out of the way saying "eh" and then proceeded to put her own finger in my mouth...

#21 Dora3

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:01 PM

Lorraine
congratulations biggrin.gif  that has been a long wait...always nice to hear some good news

Nut
sorry to hear about your brother. he was very young ddown.gif

Ames
sorry your Bt was neg. those hormones are a crazy ride..take care of yourself! those are some good tantrums. its a funny age..funny haha and funny strangeeee.

tan
3 under 5! if you weren't nervous I'd think you were slightly nuts.  wink.gif 3 boys will be great..they will  have such a good time.

Jess
wow 91..so nice to have your pop for that long. My nan died 19 years ago and i still think about her lots.

JennyH
very adventurous. hope the orangutans behave themselves...and the kids too!

Olivia is talking non stop now..sometimes unintelligible due to strange pronunciation and despite repeating it to me 10 times. her older sister will try and interpret but often cant shed any further light. ' she's saying she wants the mamage, mum'. No toilet training here still, she is even happy with a dirty nappy, never tells us! we just got rid of the dummy (long overdue) but too chicken given her poor sleeping. which is much better now she doesnt sleep during the day, still likes to get up in the dark most days though.

#22 Nut

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Yes he was very young... 43...

But I guess suicide is not picky about age and usually gets the younger ones.

#23 Dora3

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:37 PM

nut
yep, unfortunately it often gets the men too....best wishes to you and your family, it can be really hard dealing with a suicide death sad.gif  

kasem
good luck for monday..post (or text) and let us know what the stork brings!

Olivia asked to go bike riding today and did 3 laps of the park on her trike. About one month ago she was struggling to do one. i love this age group for watching little people mastering all the basics.

I took Olivia to child care on friday and it was my first time in a room full of 2-3 year olds...it was quite funny! One boy hurt his eye, so most of the room had a 'sore eye' too biggrin.gif
They brought out a basket of books and 20 kids ran over and all got out books and sat down on the rug 'reading' them with very serious faces laugh.gif
At morning tea there was always someone spilling their drink or falling off their little chair

i don't know if I could do a two year old room

#24 LOZGUS+2

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:53 PM

omg nut, i had no idea it was a suicide. i am sooo sorry and so incredibly sad for you all.

#25 Nut

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

Dora - Yeah. He was in the main age group for male suicide too. It adds a whole extra level to the grieving I think... More to cope with and process...

Loz - Thank you. I have not put on FB that it was suicide as my parents don't want family in germany to know that detail. I have been writing about it in my EB blog in depth though as I think it's good to get the thoughts out.

I'll tell you what though... I am so loving my kids more than anything right now. They are keeping me happy and keeping my thoughts more normal. DH too, but mostly the kids. Don't take anything for granted... Lots of photos... Lots of video footage... Record everything and never shy away from the camera even if you hate yourself.

You don't realise how much it hurts to find that you don't have as many memories as you'd like. I have no photos of him with Elena. Planned to get some nice family ones at her birthday... Talked about a full family portrait... Now it's too late. My family have always avoided photos due to poor self image but we've all made effort to change that now... Life is too short to let that get in the way.

But away from that for a while.

Alex has started referring to himself as 'me'. He's also developing a strong interested in reading. Not really doing it yet specifically but he reads mama and Alex and can spell mama. Not 100% consistant but getting there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.