November 07 Parents # 82

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 LOZGUS+2

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

that's so beautiful nut. kids bring us so much more then we realise.  i remember after my 2nd m/c i was a mess and my then 2y nephew gave me my life back. i always think of how he 'saved me'. his unconditional love gave me more then any one or any thing could have. you are very blessed to have such a wonderfully supportive and loving husband and children.

at least you can't say you haven't got enough pics of the kids!!!

thanks to all for your well wishes. almost 14 weeks now.

amy - i am so sorry for your -fet. we had 3 m/c and 1bfn last year. from a grand total of ten embryo's (since amos) we now have 1. i sincerely hope with all my heart that it happens easily for you. i think we have been through enough right?!?!?!?

#27 Nut

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

Amy - Sorry.. I have been a bit preoccupied. Sorry your BT was negative sad.gif

Loz - It's amazing what they can do isn't it. 14 weeks already? Has it been going faster for you than the first time?

#28 ames_78

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

Lorraine - thanks for your support over the years.  Will you find out the sex of the baby?

Nut - terribly sorry again about what you've been going through.  Sounds like Alex is doing well! Hamish still refers to himself as "Hamish".  On his water bottle for childcare we have his full name - but now he thinks anything written is his name.  We were watching Shrek (his favourite at the moment) and the credits rolled up and he said his name proudly as if he could read the credits! lol

Dora - thanks - yeh the medication I'm taking gives me nausea.

Still having lots of 2 year old related issues.  On the weekend tried to get Hamish to have his haircut - ended up being a very small trim and barely looks like it was cut at all.

#29 Nut

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:26 AM

LoL, that's really sweet Amy (Hamish and the credits).

Alex points to words and pretends to read them, or spells them for me. While I say he recognises mama and Alex, many other words are mama and Alex as well but we're getting more consistent with that one as we go.

Yesterday for the first time he actually told me he wanted to go somewhere. Normally he gets his had and jacket and asks to go to the car. Yesterday we had "Go car soon? Go oma and opa?" (my parents).

He's never really said their names before either, though he knows who they are so it's really wonderful to outwardly see him so enthusiastic. Every time the dogs barked yesterday he ran to the front door saying OMA!! OPA!!! We went to their house yesterday morning so they were on his mind.

And he's really getting names now. As in I can say "what's my name" and he will say mama. What's your name? Alex... It's one area that he's taken a bit longer in, though apparently it's normal to not really get the concept of names fully until around this age so I am not sure now.

#30 Dora3

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:10 AM

nut
I think there is a huge range for achieving different developmental milestones at this age! I think by 3 yrs it becomes a level playing field and most kids are doing the same things. Olivia would not say her own name until about 2 months ago, she would say other peoples names but not hers even when we tried to trick her by asking her about 'Olivia the pig from the books"  laughing2.gif

Congratulations JO! (kasem)
"It's a boy, Ryan Samuel born 2.52pm june 21st
3.725 kilos and 52cm"

one big happy family biggrin.gif

#31 Nut

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:39 AM

Yeah I know. That is why they don't do development checks between 18 months and three years. Too variable that it's hard to actually create a range of normal. I am not worried about him at all. OK his language may be a little more simple than others but he is still saying up to 6 word sentences, he's describing things, asking for things, stringing sentences together. Mostly now it's just trying to make him a bit more clear.

But he says things like "Look, that's a white crayon", he sits here talking along with TV shows that he knows copying a huge amount of dialogue. OK he has only just really started calling me mama but everyone else now has names too. It used to just be the wiggles. He knew my name, knew I was mama, but did not actually come up to me and say "Mama, drink please" sort of thing.

He's a big leap child. Rather than doing things progressively he picks up one thing in masses, then sort of sits on that for a while until the next big burst. I've never had any concerns about his development thus far. He's always fallen within the normal ranges for language and is well above normal for cognitive or so I am told. His knowledge of numbers and letters, being able to understand quantity and now starting to see what words are for a 2.5 year old is considered rather advanced. And still there are children his age that do more in those areas...

They say by 5 most children are on level grounds, their brains just make connections at different rates and most people worry unnecessarily because they compare too much. //1243567890 < That was Alex. Had to rescue a mat from the dog and always come back to him typing on my keyboard. original.gif

#32 tam1979

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:18 PM

Connor seems to have had a work explosion the past week or so too, it is fantastic, he is speaking so much now and everyone can understand him, before it was mainly me that could.

I am single parenting at the moment, DH has gone to South Africa for work, he will be gone for another 3wks or so still, has been gone almost two already. So far so good original.gif

#33 Guest_loveyababy_*

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

Wow almost a month since any posts... anyone would think we have lives original.gif

#34 Nut

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

No life... Just not a great deal happening.

Dealing with my brothers death.. Hoping to get my boobs done in a few months.

Alex is picking up reading. He now knows queen, rose, whale, eye, Alex, mama, dog, tiger and I think a few others that he has picked up along the way. He loves words and can tell me what they are even if I just spell them to him. I have some video footage but it's not brilliant. He's getting better at writing numbers when he can be bothered.

He loves puzzles and is getting good with 20 piece picture puzzles.

Not really much else going on.

We're hoping to take the kids to Scotland next year for BIL's wedding so that should be great (nearly 4yo and a 2yo... whoopeee).

Spent too much money at the sales...

#35 ames_78

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

Hi everyone, not much to report in.

Still TTC #2 - last cycle got a low positive but didn't eventuate.  This cycle have a delay in my body not being ready for a transfer yet.

Hamish is doing well and talking non stop these days.  I think my shy boy has disappeared and instead is very chatty with everyone. He can be pretty stubborn though (wonder where he gets that from  wink.gif ) and still throws plenty of tantrums.

Can't believe it won't be too much longer and all our "bubs" will be turning 3!!

#36 tam1979

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

Not much happening here, but thought I would pop in anyway.

Starting to get organised for our holiday to Perth, we will be there for 2wks, I am bridesmaid for a friend so between that and catching up with friends/family it will be busy.

#37 Nut

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

Tam - Two weeks in Perth sounds lovely. Hope the wedding goes well!

Amy - Sorry things have not happened in the TTC department yet. Hopefully soon...

It is hard to believe our babies are nearly three!!

Alex is much the same. He talks all day, though you can't understand everything he says. He quotes TV a lot. LOVES Blues Clues. He's started learning to read and write. Still doesn't throw tantrums. Still pretty much ignores Elena as best he can, though at least he does say her name and will give her a kiss and cuddle when asked. He's my sweet loving monkey and we have a lot of fun. Very laid back.

We're starting pre-preschool next year so he'll be left there for 2.5 hours, two days a week. Term 4 this year he's doing an intro program which is 2 hours once a week. My little boy!!!

#38 DanStaceCalebandRiley

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:59 PM

How do you say goodbye to the dream of one more baby?

#39 LOZGUS+2

Posted 07 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

EXCUSE ME MISS AMY

DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING
TO SHARE??????????????????????

#40 lostmyid

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:27 AM

Woo hoo. I just read the signiture too!!! hip hip hoorah Amy!!!

#41 tam1979

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:27 PM

woohoo, Congratulations Amy! Wishing you all the best original.gif

Nut - holiday so Scotland sounds like fun.

Loz - how is your pregnancy going?

I just saw on FB too that Robyn has some news to share Tounge1.gif

Well, we are all well, I decided to put Connor into care one day a week as we where going to befin next year instead of three year old kinder but a spot came up so today was his first day and he loved it! There where no tears or grizzles at all & he even had a sleep for them. When I went to get him he didnt want to come home!
Arwen is growing fast I think she is teething at the moment as she is super grizzly and sleeping terribly however there is still no sign of teeth.
I am working occasionally, just around when DH is home & he looks after the kids.

#42 LOZGUS+2

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

hey tam - all is well thanks. 29 weeks.  sad to say i am not quite enjoying it or feeling as good as i did with amos, but that could have been because i was on such a high being pregnant....or the fact that i am older and fatter ohmy.gif  sad.gif  wacko.gif

we have also started amos at day care. first for one day, then after a couple of weeks we put him in for two days. he LOVES it, especially the constant acivities etc

starting to get a bit anxious re:having bub #2....
TIPS / IDEAS / HINTS all welcome

Edited by LozGus, 08 October 2010 - 06:18 PM.

#43 ames_78

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

ph34r.gif Yeh I have news....but just between us EB ladies (no Facebook mention please) as it's still very early days.  Have my first scan on Thursday so everyone cross your fingers for me as I'm pretty nervous.

Loz - I hope others can provide some tips as I'm interested...
Glad Amos is enjoying daycare.  Hamish loves going - except still is very clingy/upset when I leave him

Tam - That's cute that Connor didn't want to leave daycare - it's a relief to know they're having fun isn't it.

#44 LOZGUS+2

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:19 AM

hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif hands.gif
for good news amy

ps - amos still has a winge if he sees me leave, but settles very quickly once i have gone.

Edited by LozGus, 11 October 2010 - 08:20 AM.

#45 ames_78

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

Had my scan today and all looked so far so good!  biggrin.gif
Measuring correctly and 6mm in length (so lots more growing to be done!)

Thanks Loz for your  hands.gif

Now I'll just be happy to get past this nausea!! sick.gif

#46 tam1979

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:10 AM

Great news Ames  biggrin.gif

#47 ~weewill~

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:13 PM

congrats Amy, wonderful news.  Wishing you an uneventful 8 months :-)

Hi everyone else, sorry I always forget to come back here, see most of you on facebook.

Hannah just had her 3rd birthday and is going great guns. She is a very lively little girl, very bossy, definately the ruler of our house.  She has a way of getting what she wants from her brothers and sister.

I would have to say she is also my "advanced" kid, not meaning big brainy thing LOL, just doing everything alot faster than the other 3.  She never ever shuts up, wants to be a princess when she grows up and loves to dance (finally I have a girly girl, my eldest is the sporty one who hates pink etc LOL).  She is still in daycare 4 days a week :-( as I'm full on with uni now.  Last year thank goodness.  This semester is pretty much done, just prac to go, then one semester of uni work and 6 weeks prac and I'm finished woooohooo.

She is learning to swim and loves going.  So far she can swim 15 metres with her floaties, and a few without them.  Problem being she can be really lazy when she feels like it LOL.  Just likes to float around.  We have a pool at home so I really want all my kids to be confident, not that they are ever alone in it, but its a nice feeling to know they can get out if need be.

oh and Robyn, congrats on your news too :-)

All these new bubbas for some of us, so exciting.  I must say I'm very much at peace with having no more babies.  I recently had to have a hysterectomy so definately no more, but I'm happy I have 4 beautiful kiddies.

Anyone else in here with teenagers?  My eldest is 13 and OMG he is testing me beyond belief.  I hope his hormones calm down soon LOL (yeah right).

Anyway must go, meant to be studying LOL.

Hope everyone is well :-)

#48 tam1979

Posted 25 October 2010 - 02:40 PM

I cant believe that our babies are about to turn 3!

Happy Birthday to all our little girls and boys  biggrin.gif

#49 LOZGUS+2

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:26 AM

AMY................

WOOHOO

Edited by LOZGUS+2, 26 October 2010 - 07:27 AM.

#50 elifranie

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:53 AM

HI EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

I'M BACKKKKKKKKK!!!

biggrin.gif

I've been MIA for what a year? two? original.gif My apologies.. has been so busy with everything (I blame FB as I see most of you there Tounge1.gif)

Can't believe that Nicholas will turn 3 soon....

anyway this is just a small introduction... If anyone has forgotten about me let me know LOL

So far I have hears so many new pregnancy around me original.gif (Congrats Amy)

I visited my frien with her newborn and it makes me clucky again original.gif but financially we are not ready yet.  sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.