• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=755341

#2 JBM2B

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

How's all the one year olds and to be one year olds?
DS is at  a good stage, not walking yet, but such a happy little guy. Trying to talk and wants to play the piano every second he gets.
He is one in less than 2 weeks and weighs 9kgs (last week), and is 76cm tall (at 10 months) have not checked since.

#3 LittleMissPink

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

Hi All, I havent been in this area for a long time, but I see most of you on FB anyway original.gif

I cant believe our little tots are already about to turn 1!

Talia is going well. She's had a gross motor delay for about 6 months, has only been rolling since 9 months and sitting for a month, and the diagnosis is Low muscle tone. We are seeing a physio every couple of weeks, and doing lots of stuff with her. Shes had lots of tests and is schecduled to see a neuroligist soon, and get an MRI in October. They think that the laryngomalacia is related, as it is a weakness in the larynx...a floppy voice box. It will get better as she gets stronger and uses it more...shes such a placid, quiet baby. Hardly cries, sleeps well, plays happily on the floor for ages...she is a blessing!

I really didnt think I would be planing a 1st Birthday Party so soon....time has flown! It feels like only yesterday I was waiting and waiting and waiting for her to be born...while all you other 1-15 june mums had your babies original.gif

#4 pbcm

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

Edited by pbcm, 05 September 2011 - 09:03 PM.

#5 miss*k

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:28 PM

Hey girls,

Havent been in here in Yonky Tonks but thought I would pop in.

I too cant believe the little munchkins have turned 1 or beginning to turn 1.  So crazy how quick it has all gone.

Saoirse is doing well. Walks everywhere now and very steady on her feet.  Noticed a huge change in her once she started walking.  She can play for hours happily and content and explores the back garden.  She is a big fan of the outdoors.  She is a tall girl with big feet, lol just like mum.

Tiph - You lucky thing with her being placid.  I think I have a little psycho on my hands.  Never sits still, so so so loud. Bad teether, loves to pull hair, scratch and gouge eyes, screams.  I think she is going to be a handful.

#6 My-3-Pinks

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:02 PM

Hi Ladies original.gif

Hope everyone is well.  So hard to believe our babies are all turning one, where did the past year go?  

Keels - Saoirse sounds very entertaining lol original.gif  Never a dull moment hey?
Tiph - That's great Talia is placid.  I hope the physio helps her.
JBM2B - Sounds like your DS is doing really well too.  What are you planning for his first birthday?

Sarah seems to be learning and understanding so much more now, she is a lot of fun!  During school hours it is like she is my first as I have a lot more time to spend with her.  Sarah adores her 2 big sisters though. If I say to her, "Where's Charlotte or where's Emily?" she starts to look for them and kicks her legs and shakes her arms in excitement - very cute!  

Things have been very hectic around here the past 3 weeks as we just bought a house so now I've been getting everything ready to sell here.  The sale board went up out the front on Friday which was quite sad. The new place will be worth it but I feel bad about leaving here.  I'll get over it though.  Especially once we  have settled in to the new place and I won't have to walk up 2 flights of stairs any more and the girls and dog will have a nice big yard to run around in.  

Hope to hear from some more of you ladies in here soon, it is so quiet lol.

Good Night original.gif

Anita

#7 Guest_The 7 Dwarfs_*

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

Walks everywhere now and very steady on her feet. Noticed a huge change in her once she started walking. She can play for hours happily and content and explores the back garden. She is a big fan of the outdoors.

Ned absolutely loves being outside, however he has been sneaking out since before he could walk. Apparantly he was climbing the rock wall outside yesterday too. Doesn't surprise me, he climbs on and off the couches and beds.

Ironically, the weather has been so bad lately that since he started walking, he could't go out to play. Plus, I still haven't bought him any shoes yet.

Anita, good luck with selling your house. Our settlement is on the 2nd of July, everything is going on the 1st and we head off on the 3rd. It's only 3 weeks away now.

I really didnt think I would be planing a 1st Birthday Party so soon

I've got a few extra weeks up my sleeves as we are going to delay it until we get to Adelaide. Considering only 2 members of DH's entire family have bothered to actually met Ned in the past year (I'm talking out of 8 siblings, parents, grandparent, extended family), there is no way they are getting a free feed out of us.  glare.gif.

I hope they remember this when they all start having children cause I can assure you, they wont be getting so much as a card nor phone call from us. Oh, and of course MIL when she eventually gets hauled off to a nursing home and wonders why we will never visit her.

#8 B*N*B*L

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hi everyone,
I thought I would pop in and see how you are all doing. I haven't been on EB for so long. I just found it hard to keep up with it all.
My Heidi is 1 on Sat and like all of you I can't believe the year has gone so fast. She is such a good little girl (funny too) She has been walking for about a month already, still has hardly any hair and only one tooth!!!Tooth number 2 is nearly through.
She has been a real little trooper all year, making no fuss with getting in and out of the car with school and kinder drop offs and pick ups!! I guess that comes with number 3 they just plod along, go with the flow! lol

#9 Guest_The 7 Dwarfs_*

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:19 AM

wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif

#10 pbcm

Posted 08 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

Edited by pbcm, 05 September 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#11 My-3-Pinks

Posted 09 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

Great idea for the quiz Bron  tthumbs.gif

How's night time sleep going?   Sarah doesn't have a set bedtime really as it depends on how late her 2nd nap is.  Somewhere between 7.30 & 8.30pm until around 7am but she is still waking once overnight to feed.  Usually around 5am but can be earlier.   We still have bad nights where she can wake multiple times but thankfully she seems to have more good than bad.

How many day sleeps is your baby having? 2 naps for about 1.5 hours each.

What's your baby's typical menu each day?  Wheetbix/Rafferty's Garden Cereal/Heinz Cereal for Breakfast.  Lunch is either a sandwich or a Banana with custard.  Dinner is still a nightmare as Sarah is still struggling with solid food so most of the time I have to mash it up quite small.  She isn't having afternoon tea every day but when she does it is either a milk arrowroot biscuit or slice of cheese.

How many breast/bottle feeds is your baby having?   Most days she is still having 4 breastfeeds.  

Is your baby walking? If so, at what age did he/she start?  Not even close. She is still commando crawling and can't even get up in to a standing position, let alone cruise or walk.  Both DD1 and DD2 didn't walk until 14.5 months and 14 3/4 months. I've got a feeling Sarah will be even later unfortunately.

What words is your baby saying?   Mumma, Dadda, Nan Nan (Nanna), Up, Duck, Yay, Ba (for bath, can't do the 'th' sound lol) and what sounds very similar to hi and hello but not consistant.

What's your baby's favourite activity?    Going to her swimming lesson or a bath.

What are you enjoying the most about your baby at the moment? I love watching her learn new things every day.  She is understanding so much and is always surprising me.  I love how when she knows she's done something clever she claps her hands and gets very excited!

Tell us about your baby's personality   Sarah is very funny and also very cheeky.  She loves to make people laugh.  She'll do something funny and when we stop laughing at her she says a ha, a ha ha ha to get us laughing again and will then start clapping. Sarah loves crawling around after our cats and make kissing sounds at them trying to get close enough to give them a kiss. She adores her big sisters and the bond they have with each other is very special.

#12 pbcm

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

Edited by pbcm, 05 September 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#13 My-3-Pinks

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

Thanks Bron original.gif Guess I need to make a new one now that Sarah is 1 sad.gif

#14 fayelangley

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:29 PM

Great idea. I miss not seeing new posts. Here it goes....

How's night time sleep going? Pretty well. She sleeps through (11-13 hours) unless she is sick. She is an early waker though - 5 - 6am.

How many day sleeps is your baby having? 2 naps for about 1.5 hours each. Her afternoon nap has only been 40 minutes for the past week though.

What's your baby's typical menu each day? Wheetbix with sultanas and toast for brekkie. Vegies or pasta and custard/yogurt for lunch and vegies, fruit, pasta and custard/yogurt for dessert. She definietly isnt ready to eat what we do for dinner. Snacks are either a milk arrowroot biscuit or slice of cheese.

How many breast/bottle feeds is your baby having? Two breastfeeds a day. One in the morning, and the other before she goes to bed at night.

Is your baby walking? If so, at what age did he/she start? Very close. She took 4 steps last week and 2 steps the week before. She has the strength, balance and coordination, she is just lacking the confidence.

What words is your baby saying? Mum, Dad, Nan, Pop, Ta, Duck and Bear. She has said hello (only twice) and yogurt.

What's your baby's favourite activity? Bath time, dancing/listening to music and watching In the Night Garden.

What are you enjoying the most about your baby at the moment? I love watching her learn new things. She waves at everyone and gets dissapointed when strangers dont wave back. She is clapping, blowing kisses, pointing to her nose, gving hgh fives.

Tell us about your baby's personality. Violet is very outgoing. Sometimes too outgoing. I know she is going to be a handful. My husband and I are already talking about doing parenting courses to manage her personality as she grows (I blame my husband for this). Mostly she is a really happy little girl, but boy oh boy do you know when she is unhappy  rant.gif  We have started calling her Violet Grumble. The nurses at Tresillian called her Violent Violet!

#15 JBM2B

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

How's night time sleep going? Great he's been easy at night for months. In bed by 7.30-8pm. Up by 9am, some days 745, some days 9.

How many day sleeps is your baby having? 1 for about 2 months now. 40min - 2 hours.

What's your baby's typical menu each day? Porridge/baby cereal + fruit or eggs for breakfast, some days extra as well, toast, banana etc. Lunch he has after his sleep, sleeps longer without eating first, but thats just fruit, sandwich or something he can feed himself and dinner is mostly mashed veges with some meat. He likes anything we offer.

How many breast/bottle feeds is your baby having? 2 breast feeds a day morning and night and water throughout the day. Trying to get him to take cows milk but he only has about 40ml max prefers water it seems.

Is your baby walking? If so, at what age did he/she start? not yet, but starting to do it on his own = so cute too.

How many teeth does your baby have? 7 - 3 bottom 4 top and some coming up and down all over the show at the moment

What words is your baby saying? mum mum, dadd, cat, ta, cup and yeah.

What's your baby's favourite activity? loves his swing at the moment, and cupboards anything inside them is fun to pull out and likes to open and close them over and over.

What are you enjoying the most about your baby at the moment? watching him play with random objects, seeing how he interacts and what he tries to do with them. He's always deep in thought.

Tell us about your baby's personality He's very clever, he knows what he's not meant to do but always tries it out with someone to see what reaction he gets. Loves to get into things and tries to put things back together, any gaps will try to post things into. Often seems to be "plotting" his next move and is so proud of himself when things work original.gif

#16 sweeteater

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

How's night time sleep going? In bed at 7pm ish, sleeps till 7am ish - but wakes many times in between rolleyes.gif   She has improved heaps lately though, since I cut out her night feeds which had become total sleep associations.

How many day sleeps is your baby having? 1 for about 2 mths.  Occasionally 2 if she wakes early.

What's your baby's typical menu each day? Toast, fruit & cereal for brekky.  Whatever we eat for dinner (asian stirfried noodles, pasta bakes, roasts, rice etc).  Lunch is anything, if we're out maybe a cheese & bacon roll from the bakers, if we're at home, it might be leftovers or a sandwich with fruit.  Lots of water during the day.  Snack are fruit, fruit bars, biscuits, crackers, cheese.

How many breast/bottle feeds is your baby having? Three definite, morning, before nap & bed.  Then sometime no more & sometimes 10 more throught the day rolleyes.gif  I cut out her night feeds a few weeks ago, so I'll start on her day feeds after we come back from our holiday in a month or so.  

Is your baby walking? If so, at what age did he/she start? She's been walking properly for the last 2 - 3 weeks, but took her first step at 10.5mths.  But's its only recently that she started to give up crawling as her main mode of getting around.

How many teeth does your baby have? 4 on top, 2 on bottom.

What words is your baby saying? mama, dada, duck, dog, car, na (for no) and narna (for banana).  She's a total chatterbox & babbles all day long.

What's your baby's favourite activity? She loves going outside to the park, climbing, reading books (she grabs a book & then grabs my hand & shoves the book in it when she wants me to read!) & TV  blush.gif

What are you enjoying the most about your baby at the moment? Her giggles, playing games, watching her explore - she's so much fun & enjoys outings etc Oh, & I love watching her play, she feeds her dolls, drives her cars, builds towers etc & its great to see how much she has learned.

Tell us about your baby's personality - she's a mummys girl, very cuddly, cheeky, tough but a softy at the same time, smart & generally a pleasure to spend time with.

#17 kathb79

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

Hi everyone - I'm a newbie, just stumbled on this forum  original.gif
My DD was 1 on 22 June.  

How's night time sleep going? We have just started a new routine, in bed around 8 or 8.30pm and she will sleep until 7am.  Before that we were in bed by 6pm and sleeping until 4.30 or 5am.

How many day sleeps is your baby having? 1 for about 6months.... averages about 1hr.  

What's your baby's typical menu each day? 1 1/2 pieces of toast for breakfast, maybe with some weet-bix.  Lunch is normally a sandwich (vegemite or peanut butter), afternoon snack is a banana, yoghurt, custard or some cheese.  Dinner she has whatever we are having unless it is too spicy and then she will have scrambled eggs or a boiled egg.  

How many breast/bottle feeds is your baby having? 1 full bottle of cows milk at night before bed and maybe a cup of milk in the morning after breakfast and another after lunch depending on if she wants it.  

Is your baby walking? If so, at what age did he/she start? Yes, she's been walking since 11mths.

How many teeth does your baby have? 4 up the top, 2 down the bottom.  I think eye teeth are coming through as well as some more down the bottom.

What words is your baby saying? mum, dad, cat, ball, sat (what's that), good-good

What's your baby's favourite activity? she loves walking around with her books, opening cupboards, playing with magnets and chasing the cat.  

What are you enjoying the most about your baby at the moment? watching her learn new things and playing with different things.  She loves turning pages of books and studies each page intently.  

Tell us about your baby's personality She is very determined and perseveres with everything which is great but leads to her being frustrated when she cant quite do something.  She is very cheeky and loves to make me laugh!  

I look forward to getting to know you all  original.gif

#18 Guest_The 7 Dwarfs_*

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

How's night time sleep going? He goes to sleep around 7pm and wakes around 5am

How many day sleeps is your baby having? 1, anywhere between 20min to 2 hours

What's your baby's typical menu each day? usually he has fruit for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and whatever we have for dinner. He wont let anyone feed him, so it has to be finger foods.

How many breast/bottle feeds is your baby having? 3-4 bottle of formula a day

Is your baby walking? since 11 months old

How many teeth does your baby have? 12

What words is your baby saying? mum, dad, bub, baby, bottle, drink, stinky, yes, no, Royrie, hungry, bath,                                  

What's your baby's favourite activity? pulling washing out of baskets, clothes out of draws, playing in the bin  glare.gif          

What are you enjoying the most about your baby at the moment? watching her learn new things and playing with different things. She loves turning pages of books and studies each page intently.

Tell us about your baby's personality She is very determined and perseveres with everything which is great but leads to her being frustrated when she cant quite do something. She is very cheeky and loves to make me laugh!

#19 cheekybooby

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

Hi! I'm new here, so I thought filling out the survey would be a good start! I have two children, Abi 21.7.06 (4 yrs) and Xavier 16.6.07.

How's night time sleep going? Xavi goes to bed at 6 (ish) and wakes between 5.30 and 7.30. He'll wake, this week once a night for a feed, last week twice a night. Has been up to 6 times a night this month, but fingers crossed! He's had a lot of ear infections and they are better now but after swimming he wont sleep, blah blah blah!

How many day sleeps is your baby having? one. anywhere from 1-2.5 hours

What's your baby's typical menu each day?   Weetbix with muesli. Lunch, cheese toasties (with tuna or avacado), or salad wrap. Dinner meat & three vege usually, or our last nights left overs. He eats at 4.30, so he never eats with us!

How many breast/bottle feeds is your baby having? 4 (ish) breastfeeds, 10 with ear infection!

Is your baby walking? If so, at what age did he/she start?   running, too fast for me! Started 11 months

What words is your baby saying?    Mummy, Dadda, bye bye, more, Abi, ball, Boogie (our cat), boobie (only once), look, bath, no, book, talks all day!

What's your baby's favourite activity?    pulling the cats tail, standing on the top of the slide, standing on the table, being a daredevil

What are you enjoying the most about your baby at the moment? his cuddles. he's been giving them to DH and I for a while, but he has just taken up running to our DD and hugging her randomly, so cute

Tell us about your baby's personality He's a cheeky climber! He gets into everything! I love him to bits...

#20 *vicky*

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:48 PM

Its obvious to see we all have almost 2 year olds now!

We all have no time to jump on the computer!!

Hope everyone is well!

biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.