• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#1 Sandra

Posted 30 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=780219

#2 hollysmama

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:34 PM

wendy Holly is seriously doing my head in with the separation anxiety, I feel like it's worse than ever.  She's ok when she goes to bed, but during the day, I have to be sitting next to her playing with her and as soon as I stand up she starts screaming her head off, and it seems like she's just whingeing constantly!  The only time she's happy to be any distance from me is when we are outside, she just loves it outside.  I know it's awful but I really enjoy going to work just to get the break from her. By the way, hope everything works out with hubby's work and the boys, try not to stress out too much.  Go and have a stiff drink!

valerie where did you grow up? Atherton?  It's such a small world isn't it.  I hope the pregnancy is going well. Sorry, I'm still shocked that it's your 6th. You look like superwoman next to me, I feel like such a wuss now when I whinge about having one clingy child laughing2.gif

Unpacking is all done thank goodness.  New house is great, and such a great view. The only window in our bedroom is a double sliding door that leads out to a verandah with a breathtaking view. Feel so lucky right now, wish we owned this house!

#3 6'n'out

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

House sounds lovely Deb.  You musta got stuck into that unpacking!  I grew up on the Atherton Tablelands, Ravenshoe (very small town).   Cairns was a (very) big day out for us!

#4 Leghorn

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:57 AM

Hi everyone!

Debra, it sounds like the move went well original.gif Do you have a nice fridge of food again? original.gif

Wendy, thanks original.gif Isn't it great when they're so friendly?

Valarie, I met a couple on Sunday who had six kids. The youngest was mid-teens. I admire people who have that many kids, so long as they're all looked after properly original.gif DH knows I would secretly like a small tribe.

Well I started my study again yesterday. It's okay, just taking one day at a time and not trying to think about how massive it is.

Hope you're all well original.gif

Maybe a little question people can pop in and share on... what's your bub's favourite song/s at the moment?

Jonas loves 5 little ducks went out one day. At the end the ducks sometimes come back and tickle him and he thinks it's halarious.

Sarah

#5 hubbymeand3

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:08 PM

Hey all!  We've been crazy as usual.  This weekend is my brother's engagement at our house, so I've been trying to get things cleaned up. I am off tomorrow night for a girls' night to see Sex and the City 2... and can't wait.

Lucas has been very unsettled this week - at night of course.  So I am feeling a little tired..... but what's new!  He likes most music, and bops along, but responds well to the Wiggles cause DD LOVES them... He is looking so much more grown up in the last couple of weeks... I can't believe he is one in six weeks... WHERE HAS MY BABY GONE???!  No more for me though... I can see sleep ins (on the VERY distant horizon... LOL).

Had a sobering moment today, we found out one of DS1's kinder classmates passed away last week after battling cancer.. his parents were so excited at the orientation day, they took a few photos of him playing with DS1.  I don't really know them but feel like I should reach out... I can't imagine what they are going through....  Made me cry and feel sad that I've been so grumpy with the kids this week..... I gave them all extra hugs today.

On a happier and more frivalous note, I got a new car.  A big black Territory that DS1 would like to keep until he's a grownup!  Kids love it cause they can all see out better... even Lucas who's still looking at everything backwards.

6nout- how are you feeling?  Well I hope!

Deb - More important than a fridge full of food.. do you have some nice wine in there too?

Connie - How's things with you, Tommy, work, your family?

Wendy - Ruby pointing, LMAO!  Lucas has just discovered the point - and he points at things and then laughs.. it's pretty cute..

Gaby - How is the new job?

Sarah - Hope the uni thing is going well... a friend of mine just finished her PhD and is heading to France for a holiday (I am sooooo jealous!).  

Anyway, hope you are all doing well and having fun planning birthday parties.  Lucas won't get one this year cause DD (3 the day before) hasn't had a party yet, so it's her turn.  I figure he won't really know anyway...  Off for a hot chocolate.. it's cold here! tongue.gif

#6 6'n'out

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:44 PM

OMG HM&3, what an absolutely horrible thing.  There are no words.

thanks for asking, I'm feeling like CRAP!!!  Just super dooper tired and buggered.

Wooohoooo to the new car!  We are looking at a new one too (ours isn't big enough), also looking at black.  Our current car is black, it's a bugger to keep clean, but I still like it.

#7 hubbymeand3

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

Where the... is everyone??  I hope all are well and not suffering the winter ills...

13 and raining today in Melbourne.. goody!

Brothers party went well, although gastro has struck a few of the family since, probably shared by my other brother who had it first.... everyone is coming good though.

Better go and have breakfast!

Oh, 6nout.... a friend (and her sister who's got 5 kids) have Kia Carnivale's... they LOVE them... and we hired one in Sydney recently and DH said they were pretty good.  My friend has a black one... it is pretty cool (a bit A Team!).... black car in QLD?  Does it get hot... my MIL was quick to remark how bad black will be in summer... she can't help herself..

Edited by hubbymeand3, 09 June 2010 - 07:25 AM.

#8 Sunshine~Kisses

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hey, I am around original.gif

Sorry, havent wanted to post and bore you all to tears about stuff at the moment. As some of you know, DP lost his job a couple of weeks back and we are waiting on him to start a new one which is O/S which I am dreading. Its a longer stint and not even any more money than the last job as its shorter working days. Oh and the dog got put down recently too, DP had had him since he was 17 sad.gif
So yeah, we are broke....sucks big time sad.gif
Ruby is great, coming up to her 1st b'day soon like the rest of the bubs in here ohmy.gif

Talk soon hheart.gif

#9 ok~computer

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:21 PM

Hi girls, I haven't been in here for a long time, very slack I know.

Wendy: So sorry about your dp's job.  sad.gif  How long will the new stints be? Hang in there, hopefully when you get into the swing of it and he starts things will settle back down.  hhugs.gif

hubbyme&3: Oh that is so sad about your sons classmate passing away, so young, can not imagine what his parents are going through.

Hollysmumma: Isla is really clingy too, she has to be near me at all times, which is very cute but can also be very annoying at times.  tongue.gif She is another one who loves being outside, she loves staring up at the sky...and eating grass.  laughing2.gif  

Isla took two steps today, it was so cute and she was so proud of herself.  wub.gif She still isn't the best sleeper, i see no sleep-ins on the horizon yet.  laughing2.gif  I am actually a few days late for AF and feeling a bit off, not sure how to feel right now. I did a test last friday and it was negative, might wait until this friday and if still nothing i will get another test. It wouldn't be a planned pregnancy but we have always wanted three children so I suppose we would just be bringing it all forward.  unsure.gif

I can not believe our babies are one soon! Has anyone started planning anything special to celebrate birthdays? Dh has organised the day off work so we will be able to do something special on the day which will be nice. Then we will have a little party with family and also one with a few friends and their kids.  happy.gif

I hope everyone is well waves.gif

#10 6'n'out

Posted 12 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

Birthdays-R's is right at the end of the school holidays, from memory DH will be on days off.  We won't do anything too spesh, maybe a small party.

Black car in Qld-don't think it really matters.  Yep, it's hot when you get in, but I've never got into a car that isn't.  It's got a/c, so the colour doesn't really matter.  I was just told by DH since we're getting the 2010 model we won't get a choice in colour.

Littlebird-YAY TO ISLA!!  Can't believe she is walking already.  R is so far off this!

Wendy, sounds like you guys have fallen on tough times, I hope things brighten for you quickly!

AFM-all good, all normal.   Super tired, but not sick.  Scan booked for the 16 Jul (R's due date), can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl.

#11 ~gaby~

Posted 15 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

waves.gif

I have been so busy since starting work! Henry's been sick for the last 4wks & i've had numerous days off already. Henry has had 3 trips to the E.D. Im just tired!

Wendy, I hope things get easier for you soon

HM&3, Yay to getting a new car!

Debra, Henry isn't too bad with the seperation anxiety but Liza was a shocker. Unfortunately it peaked not long after i met DH. I couldn't even go to the toilet without her crying. She got over it.... eventually. Even now she just loves to be around me

#12 hubbymeand3

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:04 PM

Gaby:   Good luck with Henry getting better...

6no:  Good luck for the scan... let us know asap when you get your results (although it is still a while away!)

Wendy: I hope that your luck turns soon.. it has been a very ordinary run for you.

Hollysmama:  Have you settled in to the new house?  What's going on with the new business?  Lucas is at the crying when I leave the room stage.. although not always, it is a bit tiring.. I just keep talking to him while I am out of sight... sometimes it helps!

Everyone else... Hi!

#13 ccct

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been reading everyone's news, just slow to post.

So sorry to Wendy  I hope the new job turns out OK for you both.

HM&3: Such sad news about your boys classmate.

Gaby: Hows work? Hows Henry doing now We still have lots of sick days with Tom since he started daycare.

Valerie: good luck with the scan! How exciting!

Littlebird: wow on the walking - we're far off that. Tom's just started to cruise, an even then he prefers to crawl.

Hi to everyone else!

Connie

#14 Sunshine~Kisses

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

Hi everyone waves.gif
Connie - Good to 'see' you back in here, how have you been?
HM&3 - A new car, you are soooo lucky!!! Our car is over 10 years old lol, but I still love it yyes.gif
Gaby - How is Henry going now? Poor little man, and poor you as well. It is so hard to watch our little ones when they are sick.
Valerie - When is your first scan? I bet your family are excited about another addition!
Kate - Oooooh please come back and update us ninja.gif
Sarah - Ruby loves 'row, row, row your boat' the version that says 'if you see a crocodile dont forget to scream' and she lets go with this ear splitting squeal laughing2.gif So funny, especially when it is at the library during nursery ryhme morning and the other kids do these delicate little screams to go with the song and Ruby just goes for gold roll2.gif

Ruby is having her bday party tomorrow at our local park. Was going to have it next weekend but brought it forward so that DP would be home, as it turns out he flew out this morning. We dropped him off at the International Airport, god it was hard to keep it together in the car on the way home sad.gif

Anyway gotta go, got pizza in the oven and me and DS are making chocolate crackles for the party and we still need to decorate Ruby's cake. I got an ITNG cake topper off ebay, it is so cute.

Who is the first birthday bub of the group??? Ruby is the 26th but I am sure there were heaps of others before her?

Edited by Sunshine~Kisses, 19 June 2010 - 06:24 PM.

#15 hubbymeand3

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:11 PM

Wendy:  LOL at Ruby at the library... Lucas has found his voice more lately.. and just babbles away and looks at me like "you know.. you should be answering"....  not really squealing though.

Gaby:  Is Henry any better?  I hope he improves

Connie:  nice to hear from you!

Littlebird:  Am with Wendy and wondering how you are going..... Clever Ilsa.... Lucas is still a longs ways off walking I think!

6no:  Hope you are getting back some energy soon... I don't know how you do it!  I am soon for bed myself.

Sarah:  How's the tea business going?  My friend has been enjoying hers!

Jac:  Loving your clothes and things.. need to budget for some stuff...

MrsPP:  How are you?

Debra:  Hope Holly is keeping you amused.

AFM:  Birthday party... we have got a bash planned for DD, in a  hall so if the Melbourne weather is ferral there will still be tonnes of room for lots of kids to roam free.  Lucas can have a cake there.. I don't think I am ready to admit my baby is going to be one...

School holidays soon... woo hooo... I am looking forward to a couple of weeks of not having to rush to kinder (and still be horribly late!).

#16 ~gaby~

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

Henry is much better. The antibiotics definitely helped. He was back at day care on Wednesday. It's Henry's birthday on the 30th. I can't believe he'll be 1. He's still a baby to me! He definitely is more baby-ish than what Liza was at his age

#17 aaak

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

Hi everyone, sorry I have been MIA for ages.  Life has just been busy and the time has flown by.  I can't believe that my baby is now one.  Sienna's birthday was on Friday, we took all the kids to the zoo for the day and they had a lovely time.  She is growing up so fast and has been walking for the last month.  She is the happiest little thing and is a real character, so cheeky!  She has been such a joy, she is really adventurous and loves to play with the kids a lot, she sees them doing things and thinks that she can too.  Her favourite thing is playing outside, she loves to wander around in the backyard and plays in the cubby a lot.  I find that Sienna has done most things quicker than the other kids, she is great at playing by herself and often plays little games. She is understanding some of what I say to her at times.  If I tell her it's time for bed she starts to whinge straight away and she knows when I ask her if she wants or bottle.  I have really enjoyed this year, having Sienna has been such a blessing.

#18 ok~computer

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:41 PM

I can hardly keep up with the inflood of posts in here  tongue.gif

Oh yes my update...well it was  false alarm  blush.gif  In saying that, I was almost two weeks late!

Glad Henry is better now Gaby. It's so horrible when they are sick, especially when they are this young.

Isla had an adenoid infection last week, she had to have antibiotics also. Poor thing kept throwing up any milk that she had and coughed all night, she is better now.

aaak: Thats great Sienna is happy to play on her own, my ds is like that but dd...not so much.  tongue.gif Sounds like she had a great birthday at the zoo original.gif

Wendy: That sucks your dp couldn't be there for ruby's party sad.gif How are you all coping so far with the new job change?

hubbyme&3: The hall sounds like a great place for her little party.  biggrin.gif I'm also not ready to admit Isla is going to be one...where did my baby go!

I have to stop buying Isla birthday presents, we haven't really bought her any toys as she has just been using her brothers old ones, so I'm going a little crazy with all the girly things.  tongue.gif

Hi to everyone else! waves.gif

#19 Leghorn

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

Hi everyone!

HM3, sorry to hear about your son’s classmate  Congrats on the new car though!  I’m glad to hear your friend is enjoying the tea  It’s going well, I have a few sales coming through and a couple of stockists now. Still going very slow but I get excited over the little things hehe

Wendy, sorry to hear things are tough at the moment. How’s DP settled into the new job? How are you handling it? I’ll have to try row row!

Littlebird, congrats on the first steps! Yes Jonas likes to eat grass too hehe

Valarie – hope you’re managing to get some rest

Gaby, how’s work going?

Andrea,  sounds like you’re doing well,  Sienna sounds lovely.

Hi to everyone else!

Life has been fairly slow for us. DH was not feeling well for three weeks but he's heaps better now so I'm getting back to my PhD again this week. Jonas has been good, a happy boy most of the time. He gets crazily excited at other kids and can be pretty rough with other kids.

Hope you're all doing well.

Sarah

#20 ccct

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:13 AM

Hi everyone!

Sarah: congrats on the website, and I'm glad your DH is feeling better.

Littlebird: teehee on the false alarm, Are you relieved or disappointed?

andrea: welcome back! Glad things are going well for you.

gaby: Glad Henry's better. How many days a week do you work? I'm only working 2 days. How are you finding childcare? I know what you mean about constant illnesses - Tom's the same - every second week he's unwell again, but think of how his immunity is being boosted!

HM&3: how did the birthday bash go? I'm looking forward to school holidays in one way, but the end of the last hols saw some pretty ordinary behaviour from DS1, so hopefully that doesn't happen this time. We'll see...

Wendy:Big hugs re DP. Tom likes row row, but he prefers 'merrily merrily'. He also loves this little Play School rhyme that goes 'yucky mucky nappy, yucky nappy on the baby, 'yucky mucky nappy, yucky nappy on the baby OH!, baby isn't happy with a yucky mucky nappy on, yucky nappy on the baby OH POO!' . He shrieks at the OH POO bit.

Valerie: any news?

AFM: Tom turns 1 this sunday, so we're just having a family thing. Probably just getting local chinese takeaway.

My Dad's finished his chemo, and had a good response to it, so now we just have to wait and see. He has another scan in 3 months, but there's no cure for his type of cancer, just the hope that the chemo holds it at bay for a while.

I think my DS1 may be being bullied at school a little bit - his so-called 'best friend' and a couple of others are telling him when he can and cannot join in, and also make animal noises at him and running away. I've spoken to the teacher and the mother of the 'best friend' and have tried to equip my boy with some 'standing-up for himself non-violently' tools, so we'll wait and see what happens. the teacher seems to be keeping a watch on things though, so that's good. It just breaks my heart though, poor little thing. I remember this sort of thing happening to me, but I was much older (maybe 3rd-5th class) but not kindy!

Is anyone going to cow's milk soon? I'm planning on putting Tom on it this week, and then when he's settled, trying to change him to a sippy cup.

Today's such a beautiful day in Sydney - really nippy and crisp but sunny and blue skies - love it.. I feel like I should be skiing...if only I didn't have such a bum knee.

Have a good day everyone.

Connie

Edited by ccct, 29 June 2010 - 11:22 AM.

#21 hubbymeand3

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

Hi everyone!

ccct:  Glad your Dad is responding well to treatment so far.  LOL at the Poo song, I don't know that one, but it sounds cute... Lucas likes to dance to music.  In his high chair or when he's standing, if there is music playing he bops up and down... very  cute!  Sorry your DS is being bullied..... I am not sure how I'll deal with that one... it would be heartbreaking.  Hopefully things settle soon -and you all enjoy a nice holidays!

Browneyed Girl:  Sorry your DH has been sick, glad he's better and Jonas is being gorgeous.  Good news on the business.. I am hoping that we'll slowly build too....

6nout:  how are you feeling?  Are you excited about finding out the sex soon?  Hope you are doing well.. what's the best comment you've had on this pregnancy?  Any doozies?

Gaby: How's Henry doing?   I hope his health has improved and you've got some info...

aak: Good to hear about Sienna!  Glad you are all well..

Littlebird:  I haven't bought anything for Lucas... now I feel more guilty!  DD has a present, but nothing for him.. best fix it!

Sunshine:  How are you settling down without DP?  I hope it is all going well..

AFM:  we have been FREEZING this week.. went to the zoo yesterday all rugged up and still needed lots of warm drinks!   Have been busy with new business planning, working and trying to get taxes sorted out from 2 years' ago.  Feel like I am constantly running behind everything... and the cold weather has made the basic things like washing a bit harder.. but I'm not complaining, we've been enjoying lots of yummy stews and warming foods.. which I love in winter!

Better go hang out with DH!

#22 Leghorn

Posted 06 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

Hi everyone!

Connie, I'm glad to hear your dad is going okay. It must be a difficult time. I hope the bullying stops soon! It sounds like you've got a lot going on! I hope you enjoyed Tom's quiet family celebration!

HM3, can you remind me what is your business again? Yes winter stews and soups are great original.gif

It's very quiet here... both boys asleep hehe. I'm just folding some washing and having a cup of tea. For those of you that have more than one child... do you time their sleeps so they're all down at once?

I hope everyone is doing well!

Sarah

#23 6'n'out

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:54 PM

HM&3-no good comments yet.  My belly is very small this time, so I don't look pregnant to the outside world yet.  Good friends only have good things to say, and I've avoided telling 'fringe' friends as much as possible.

Has winter down South eased up at all?  We got really cold for a while in May/June, but its nice now.

Sarah-yes I definately try to time the sleeps as soon as I can.  When you have a little baby and a toddler it's difficult, but as soon as possible I try to get them to overlap.  At the  moment I have Ryan sleeping from 11am-2pm, and Zac sleeping from 12-2pm, sometimes Jared sleeps at the same time as Zac (once or twice a week is all he needs).

How is the pHD study going?  I admire you!  I struggled to finish my degree with children, I don't know how you manage find enough brain to concentrate on a phd!

Connie-I hope the chemo is working, and not being too detrimental at the same time.  I bet your dad is glad that part is over.

I have started Ryan on a bit of cows milk, maybe a cup every second day or so?  I go a little slow because my other kids had allergies to milk (nothing serious though).

AFM-still a week and a half til the scan, but feeling a lot better because I can feel kicks on the outside now original.gif  We found a house in Cairns that'd be great to buy, so we're going a really quick trip up tomorrow to check it out.  Fingers crossed the bank sayes YES! to another homeloan first.

#24 ok~computer

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:33 AM

waves.gif

Connie: That is great news your dad responded well to the chemo, I hope the news continues ot get better and better. Oh that would break my heart if I knew my ds was being bullied  sad.gif  Kids can be so mean cant they, I hope it doesn't last to much longer. Oh and we were both relieved it was a false alarm, although I did warm to the idea after a little while but ideally we would like to wait another year or two.

6'n'out: How far along are you? i don't think I knew you were pregnant so a belated congratulations!  biggrin.gif
Good luck with the house.

Sarah: If my ds has a nap it will be the same time as dd but now he is getting older he doesn't have a nap everyday. i just make sure while dd has her nap that ds has quiet time so I set up a movie for him, that way I can get a little time to relax. DD can be a bit rough too, she is always hitting either us or ds, she thinks it's a game.  rolleyes.gif

hubbyme&3: It ahs been freezing here in Perth to, i am so over this cold! I love winter and rain but it has been especially cold lately, makes getting otu of bed very hard.

I haven't given dd any cows milk yet. I might start giving her half regular milk and half formula to begin with during the day but will keep giving some formula for a few months yet. She still isn't the biggest eater.

It is her birthday next week, so excited! We're having her party on the Monday, still deciding which cake to make.  tongue.gif

Isla is still just doing a few steps here and there, she can do about ten then she loses balance. She refuses to sleep in her cot all of a sudden, I put her mattress on the floor and she is sleeping great again shrug.gif

#25 hubbymeand3

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:12 PM

Hi ladies!  

Hope you are all well.. quick post... very exciting couple of days coming with DD turning 3 and Lucas 1 on Friday!  Should be fun....

No sign of walking yet, although he is up and down the furniture and trying to climb up on everything.  His favourite thing to do at the moment is climb the stairs and he has a wobbly when we close the door/gate before he can do it!

Will post more soon, but things have been crazy...

Where has everyone been?  Busy with birthdays/?!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.