September 05 Parents # 395

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#26 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

Just got home.  Asleep in his own bed now... YAY!

Have asthma plan and all that goof.  He is still on 6 x vent every 4 hours (although possibly less, as he wasn't getting to that in the hospital, he was closer to 2.5 - 3) but he isn't struggling with it any more.

#27 Titania

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:34 PM

Oh that's good news original.gif Poor little guy.

That's pretty heavy ventolin. How much pred did they give him? I've sometimes been scared to ask with the boys - as I knew it was a ridiculous amount.

Thank goodness they didn't have to do IV antibiotics - so ghastly.

#28 Kay1

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:55 PM

HI girls,

Back from Fiji. We had an awesome holiday, sooo relaxing. We lied about Leo's age and got a nanny (they only take 2 plus). She was awesome and basically just followed him around for 4 days and spoilt him rotten. Nate loved kids club, couldn't get enough which was a huge relief. We had such a lovely relaxing time. The times we did eat with Leo were pretty fraught so we really appreciated the peace and relaxation when the nanny had him. We liked the resort a lot and will definitely go back. original.gif

Only downside was the trip there. I had almost no sleep the night before and was super stressed for various reasons. We had to leave at 5am and Leo screamed and wriggled non stop on the plane. I ended up with a migraine and had all my drugs in my check in luggage. Managed to buy two panadol which did nothing. I ended up vomiting twice on the plane and was in utter agony. Got to Fiji and it was hot and we were all in winter clothes. Leo had had it by then and lost the plot utterly, I could barely restrain him. Then Nate lost the plot too and DH hadn't filled out the forms properly so we got sent back....ugh. In the end the kids made such a scene they ushered me straight past immigration and left DH to sort out the forms. I managed to grab the pram, strap Leo before vomiting again. Made it through the massive customs queue in the stifling heat, found our minivan and then endured an hour of my brain being smashed against my skull on every bump....more vomiting etc. What a nightmare. Arriving at the resort is a bit of a blur.....anyway thankfully that was it for the sickness and the rest was great. original.gif

Miranda - Ooooooooh, exciting!!! Wow, C is tall, I think Nate is about 114 or so.

Sharon - Glad Toby is doing better and yay for the walking.

Belle - Hope you got through the sickness and that your exams go well.

T - I hope Griff is better soon. Sounds like a stressful time at your place.

Lynny - Hang in there!!

Better go, much to do and so tired. Not used to being awake all day LOL.

#29 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:06 AM

Kay - Oh yuck!  What a way to start the holiday!  Really glad the rest went really well!!

T - he was on 6 puffs every 1 - 2 hours basically the whole time he was there (first day was 6 puffs every 20 - 30 min for an hour, then 6 puffs an hour for most of the rest of the day, spaced out to 2 hours overnight, then did one stint of 4 (last overnight), two of 1, one of 2, then one of 3 before leaving).  He then had a 3 hour break, then needed it again after an hour at home.  Was looking a bit touch and go, but he is sleeping quietly, so hopefully he will be OK overnight.  Fingers crossed.

#30 mirandarine

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

Kay- the trip there sounds like my worst nightmare...
Would you mind pm'ing me with the resort name or details? I know you did plenty of research to get the right one etc, and you liked it, so I trust you! I am trying to convince DH to take a decent holiday and he has agreed on Fiji.

Dan- How is Ashley? I saw on FB she isnt well. Big hugs to her and to you xoxo
Sharon- Hows Toby the afternoon?
T- your new-look website is lovely. The pic of you re-iterates my opinion that your boys look SO much like you!

I just spent a small fortune at Westfield- when I was leaving I saw they had a Visa promo- if you spend on Visa they give you a code to win a pre paid visa card- I won on my fourth receipt  rolleyes.gif  So that helps with the buyers remorse! lol

#31 cjandlj

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

Hey gorgeous gals.

Sorry to interrupt but I have  bbaby.gif BABY NEWS!  bbaby.gif

The gorgeous Jacqui delivered a beautiful baby girl IMOGEN ROSE tonight at 6.42pm  weighing 3.1kg 47cm.

Congratulations to Ross, Jacqui, Katie and Ella

Everyone doing well

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Id love to have made that all pretty but EB has changed a bit since I was here last!  and i cant figure it out   biggrin.gif

I spoke to Jac this afternoon and she was excited but scared!  She had a hind water leak and had started to go into pre-labour and at that stage she was just waiting for the doc to come and do the Caesar.

Sorry this is short and sweet and Im really sorry I haven’t been around girls.  I think of you all often and have to confess that I do love to catch up with what your all doing when I get the rare chance to check out Facebook.  

Anyway,  we are all well.  So I hope you and yours are all good to.

Love and big kisses and hugs to everyone and again a huge congrats to Jacqui and the family.  Miss you babe!!!  Bring that baby home to Newcastle for a cuddle soon hon. xoxo

Love
Rochelle xoxo

PS:  Nearly wet myself when i re-read my by-line.  how do i update that to say ive now put all that weight back on!

Edited by cjandlj, 10 June 2010 - 08:18 PM.

#32 Titania

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

WOW - where did that time go?!!

Congratulations Jac and all the family on the birth of yet another bundle of joy... Glad to hear you are both doing well. XXXc

#33 mirandarine

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:54 PM

CONGRTULATIONS JACQUI AND ROSS ON THE BIRTH OF YOUR NEW BABE IMOGEN ROSE. ( gorgeous name!)
HIP HIP HOORAY TO KATIE AND ELLA - BIG SISTERS!!!

How spooky Rochelle- I was thinking of you this afternoon!

#34 ~3boysmummy~

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:08 PM

Just saw my text message and had to come in and say

bbabyflip.gif CONGRATULATIONS JAC!!!! babygirl.gif

#35 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:23 PM

huge congrats to Jacqui and Ross!!  Can't wait to see piccies wub.gif

#36 Kay1

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

Congrats Jac and Ross! Another gorgeous girl, how lovely. What a beautiful trio they must make. wub.gif

#37 mhjemma

Posted 10 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

Congratulations Jac, Ross, Katie and Ella. Can't wait to hear about it and see some pics. Take care xoxoxoxo

AFM - I am alive, hanging in there but about done. Only 2 weeks to go until the holidays. Wish I was going somewhere exotic but it looks like somewhere cheap and easy like Echuca.....sigh......

#38 Starbuck

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

Congrats Jacqui on the birth of Imogen.

Hi everyone else. I have been sick. I read every day but have not had the energy to post. Plus typing is actually hard/painful atm as my hands/wrists are bad. I had gone down on some meds as they were making me nauseaus but then my pain came back up. sigh, am going to have to up the meds again.

I will try to come bakc and type in short bursts.

Edited by Starbuck, 11 June 2010 - 06:35 PM.

#39 Starbuck

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

Wow, I killed the thread.

Hopefully you are all off having lovely long weekends!!

#40 mirandarine

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:55 PM

Nothing much happening here.... boring as! Soccer, soccer soccer....

I took the kids to dreamworld today.
I made pumpkin soup and a chocolate cake.

/ End day.

#41 Kay1

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

I was solo parenting so busy playing with the kids etc.

Sorry to hear you've been feeling sick again Kirsten. sad.gif Hope you are feeling better soon. Just wondering but have you ever tried alternative medicine for your illnesses (complementary to conventional)? Chinese medicine etc? It just seems like conventional medicine can't get it right for you. unsure.gif It must be so frustrating. bbighug.gif

Well Leo has had HFM. He's been relatively well, just housebound. Unfortunately today Nate woke up with a shocking ulcer on his tongue and a suspicious spot on his hand. He also says his leg is sore and is limping. sad.gif I noticed yesterday his limp was getting worse. I am so unsure about all this neurology stuff but I think a visit to the GP or the hospital is in order.

#42 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:35 AM

Sorry to hear about everyones illnesses..  sad.gif

Kirsten - ditto what Kay said, maybe it's time to try something else?  You must be so fed up with it all though hhugs.gif

Kay - sorry to hear about the boys.  I hope Nate is okay and that you dont end up in hospital with him sad.gif  

AFM - nothing new to report.. 3 more sleeps to go and I'm quietly sh*tting myself unsure.gif  I just hope everything goes well and that I can go home on sunday as planned hands.gif  I'm really going to miss the kids cry1.gif

Gotta run - Emily is at CC and I promised Damian a trip to monkey mania (what was I thinking ddoh.gif )

Will try and catch up on personals later - too stuffed this week yyawn.gif  waves.gif

#43 sotetno

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:26 PM

Cai - can't imagine what is going through your head.  Hope everything is fine besides two uncomfortable boys for a few days.  Saw on Facebook you've been waiting two hours at the hospital so hope when you do get seen you get your mind put at rest.  xxxx

#44 Kay1

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:47 PM

Thanks girls. Spent 5 hours at the hospital which was sucky but at least I managed to make enough noise to get 4 neurologists to examine him and the consensus was he is ok neurologically, or at least no new tests warranted (would require a general anaesthetic and MRI to see anything). Anyway he seems much better now, the neuros were really nice and cheered him up with balloon animals and silly games etc.

We are to keep an eye on him and call neurology Fellow directly if any concerns.

Well that put paid to our kid free day of getting thins done LOL. At least DH was here to look after Leo, I couldn't have done it otherwise.

#45 mirandarine

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:11 AM

Kay- Im so glad he is ok neurologically. What a relief. Fantastic you can contact a fellow directly if needed. I must have thought of Nate half a dozen times yesterday!
I hope you have an easier day today. How long is quarantine for?

AFM- we went to DH's collegues house for dinner last night. What can I say.... having Chef friends cook you dinner is even better than having a Chef hubby! YUM!
We had such a lovely night that it was 11pm before we knew it... and being chefs- Tuesday is their Sat or Sun night so we totally forgot it was a school night.... So as usual I am up ready for the school run, but as both sleeping beauties are still in the land of slumber, I have decided to give them a sickie.
Im off to get the airbag looked at in my car today. The airbag light has been on for a while and I hadnt given it must cred- until my best friend had a horrifying accident just last week and the airbags saved hers and her 3 childrens lives.
I am convinced I need a newer and safer car, but it seems funds arent there just yet, so getting the current one fixed is the best we can do.
Fingers crossed its just a faulty sensor etc.

Have a great day.

#46 Kay1

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:36 AM

Thanks Miranda. Quarantine is until all blisters have dried up. So far the ones on Leo's hands are as big and blistery as ever after 7 full days. sad.gif Looks like no daycare/preschool at all this week. Such a bummer as DH is home and we planned to get all kinds of stuff done. Oh well....at least we are not in the hospital!!

The kids seem well today, a few wake up whinges last night but they seem fine today - apart from spots and sore mouths.

Just went to the shop and got some throws for out lounge which is constantly covered in milk dribble and is too embarrassing. Got such a bargain. The ones I liked were marked $129, marked down to $79.95 but scanned at $29.95!! No way I'd have paid $129 but for $29.95 I was happy. original.gif

#47 Starbuck

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

Wow Kay, 29.95 that's fab!! Sorry to hear that the boys are still sick. I hear you on needing to get things done and being sick/kids being sick. DH and I were planning to do things over the long weekend, but he was sick (which is unusual) and now, today Alyssia is home "sick". I think she is sick, but no-where near as sick as she makes out to be!!

Lynny Are you having the bubba tomorrow or Friday??? Exciting!!! Good luck, I am sure it will go fine and soon you will be a Mum of 3. ohmy.gif  biggrin.gif

#48 Kay1

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

OMG Lynny I can't believe the day is almost here eexcite.gif Can't wait to see pictured of him!!!

#49 mhjemma

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:39 PM

Kay - Sorry to hear that the boys are sick. I can imagine how worried you must have been. I hope they recover quickly and you can get out of quarantine soon.

Lynny - I can't believe you are about to have your baby! Sooooo excited for you biggrin.gif I will be thinking of you and can't wait to see photos xoxoxoxoxo

Sorry, have to run again. Had the day off today as Caius has croup (Karina, hope Zahli is better). He'll have to go to Nanna's tomorrow as I can't take another day off. Can't believe that I gave them 20 hours notice and they still couldn't find a replacement for me so my poor kids were split up into 5 different classes today. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and I hope to get back in touch over the holidays (only 1 1/2 weeks to go ...YAY!!!)

xoxoxoxo

Edited by mhjemma, 16 June 2010 - 06:42 PM.

#50 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:23 AM

My hips! My hips!  oh gawd they hurt!!:cry: cry1.gif  

Mardi - so sorry to hear about your little man - hope he gets better soon sad.gif  YAY to the holidays!  My SIL is a teacher and she's already counting down the hours Tounge1.gif

Kirsten - thanks!  I'm going in tomorrow morning! Not sure what time yet but it looks like I might have to be there at 6:30-6:45am!

OMG Lynny I can't believe the day is almost here eexcite.gif Can't wait to see pictured of him!!!

I know eh! I can't believe D-day is tomorrow ffear.gif  It's too akward uploading piccies from my phone onto here but I'll put some up on facebook for sure! original.gif  

Kay - so sorry to hear about the boys and Nate in particular - very relieved that he's okay though.  Can't begin to imagine how scared you mustve been sad.gif

Miranda - send your cheffy husband over here - I can do with some yummy food Tounge1.gif  Eeek at your friends accident!  

Sharon, Mel, Karina, T, Danielle, and all the rest of you waves.gif

Got a bit of a busy day ahead which I'm not sure how I'm going to do with 2 kids at home.  Some last minute cleaning, washing to iron (*sick*) and put away, quick trip to coles and double check that my bags are packed - I think I'm packing half the house blush.gif I've got a massive travel bag, but everything I need is in it and nothing unnecessary.  Seeing pathology at 2pm for a blood test and at 3pm a pre-admissions interview huh.gif  

Better go and plonk my bum infront of the heater - I am so sore this morning sad.gif

BBL!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.