September 05 Parents # 395

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#51 Kay1

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:59 AM

Good luck Lynny, that sounds like a busy day. sad.gif Bugger the ironing I say.

#52 Titania

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

Lynny - wishing you all the very best for tomorrow, hope everything goes smoothly, and can't wait for news and piccies. Will be thinking of you, and your gorgeous baby. xxxxxxx BIG hugs.

#53 bellemae

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

Good luck getting everything ready for tomorrow Lynny (I agree with Kay - stuff the ironing!), I still can't believe it's tomorrow ohmy.gif that just went SOO quickly!!! Looking forward to the pics original.gif

Mardi Hope Caius is better soon, poor little man sad.gif

Kay I've been thinking of you. What a scare with the HFM! So, so, so glad that all is ok neurologically, can't imagine how scary that must have been for you. Hope the boys are better soon and off quarantine.

Edited by bellemae, 17 June 2010 - 01:59 PM.

#54 mirandarine

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:45 PM

All the best for tomorrow Lynny. You can borrow DH for dinner duties- he does make a frightful mess though... I hope you have a dishwasher! We dont sad.gif

Mardi- I hope Caius is  better soon. Sucks when you have to choose work over your kids. Tears me apart actually.

Karina- How is Zahli?

Kay- Bargain on the throws! I am lusting after a new lounge atm... So im happy for ours to get all manky so DH will agree! hehehehe

AFM- Sick sick sick. Stupid winter. Stupid cold. Stupid throat.

#55 bellemae

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:44 PM

Have a story I just realised I didn't share, gave me a good laugh...

Monday last week I was at the school doing reading with Kai's class. Before class some of the girls had an envelope they found which said Kai on it, they tried to give it to him and he said "not mine, never seen it, must belong to a different Kai". The next day Kai came home with the envelope, and said "it was for me after all!" Was a party invitation from a boy 'D' in his class. Party was at the local indoor play centre. Thursday I called Ds mum to RSVP...bought the present...reorganised our weekend as we weren't going to be around on Saturday, but Kai REALLY didn't want to miss the party...Saturday, got to the play centre, ticked his name off the list, paid for Tien...we sat in the cafe while the boys played. After a while Matt & I realised we didn't recognise any of the other adults there, then on closer inspection we realised we didn't recognise any of the children either  huh.gif very confused....sent the boys on a hunt to see if they could spot D - nope. Then it dawned on me - the envelope - the girls found it! ....I asked Kai if his friend had actually given him the invitation - no. He found it in his bag. Best I can figure is the girls found it, got bored of it and left it in their classroom, when the teacher found an envelope which said Kai she put it in his bag. Turns out there is another class at the school with a Kai and a D!! ddoh.gif

Kids kept playing, Kai just didn't join the other kids when they went up to the 'party room', he was pretty confused by it all when we tried to explain that the party was for a different D and the invitation was for a different Kai. Took a little while, but the fact that he got to keep the birthday present made up a little for the disappointment. Matt & I spent the whole time p*ssing ourselves laughing. Couldn't bring myself to tell the mother of the birthday boy what happened, we just kept to ourselves.  blush.gif

Edited by bellemae, 17 June 2010 - 08:44 PM.

#56 Kay1

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:30 PM

roll2.gif Belle. That's hilarious!

Hang on, did two Kais turn up or does the other one think he didn't get an invite!?

#57 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:51 AM

Thanks guys wub.gif  Gawd you wouldnt think this is my 3rd c/section - I'm scared to death! wacko.gif wacko.gif

Gotta run and get the kids clothes ready *yawn* All I want is a coffee and I'm not even allowed one cry1.gif

BBL! sorry can't do personals right now ninja.gif

#58 Kay1

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

AH Lynny, no personals!? What the????? laughing2.gif

THinking of you today.

#59 mirandarine

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

ph34r.gif  Wishful thinking there may have been blue bubba news before I head off to work... Cant wait to get home to check again!

Belle- PMSL! What a crack up! The poor other Kai!

#60 bellemae

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:31 AM

Thinking of you Lynny!

I know guys, we felt terrible for the other Kai sad.gif
The birthday boy was turning 7 too, which we thought was quite odd for kindy, but it happens occasionally so didn't click that this kid wasn't in kindy - so stupid we are! Thinking about it afterwards we realised it's quite likely the boys mums know each other if they're in the same class and are now in yr 1, so possibly he could have found out about it anyway....if they did know each other my phone call to the boys mum would have been really confusing for her. I do hope the other Kai made it there, poor thing.

#61 Kay1

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

No baby news?? unsure.gif

#62 Kay1

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

#63 Titania

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

Nope. I've been checking on EB too. I meant to remind her of my mobile no - anyone have hers?

So can I just go w00t! Just landed a big novel writing contract. (Not exactly ghostwriting as I am being credited as well as being paid well - but along those lines). Yay!

#64 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

Just sent her an sms, but no reply.  She has my number, and I have had a reasonably prompt sms to tell me about the other too...

I am hoping in the excitement she has just left her phone at home!

#65 mirandarine

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

Gosh I hope all is ok. I think Karina was going to get the sms- think I read it on FB.

I hope you are enjoying your new bubba cuddles Lynny. xoxo

#66 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

Ya gotta look in the right place! wink.gif

"A giant welcome to Alec! How exciting! How are you feeling, Lynn? Well done! Yahhoooooxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

8 hours ago in the comments off her last status.

#67 Kay1

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

PHEW!!!! OMG I was getting worried!! Congratulations guys, love the name!! Wooohooooo!

#68 sotetno

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

And there is a picture of a little cutie on her husband's Facebook profile, but I can't see any other details because I'm not his friend

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/dean.kitching?ref=sgm

He doesn't look particularly frail or anything there, so I'm assuming no SCN or any reason to worry - probably just forgot her phone or something.

I'm not congratulating till I get an official announcement Tounge1.gif biggrin.gif

#69 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:24 PM

Love your sig, Mel!!

I tried to find her DH's profile, but it wasn't coming up in the search.  Odd!

Really hoping everything is OK... but it is good to know that he is here and looking well, from the photo...

#70 Kay1

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:33 PM

Oh my god he's divine!!

Okay now I'm worried about Karina. unsure.gif

#71 mirandarine

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

Hurrah!

Welcome to the world Alec! Congrats Lynny and Dean on your new son, big hugs to Damian and Emily on your new brother!

Good super s*uthing (sp- is that even a word?!) Sharon original.gif

Kay- I agree... then again--- maybe Lynny did forget her phone and didnt then have Karinas number handy?

ETA- lol that slu-thing got bleeped out because of the letter formation... rolleyes.gif

Edited by mirandarine, 18 June 2010 - 09:53 PM.

#72 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:58 PM

Kay - I would say it is at Lynny's end. I would be very surprised not to get an SMS, as we still keep in touch outside of this group.

#73 butterflies

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:36 PM

Kay don't worry about me!!  I was just out at Max Brenner with some friends for dessert.  OMG!! yum

just sent Lynny a text so hoping I would get a reply by the morning maybe.

will let you all know asap unless I am at netball

night all

#74 ~crackajac~

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:25 AM

First chance I have had to pop in for Lynny baby news. A huge congratulations to you and dh on the birth of Alec. Hope Damo and Emily are enjoying their new baby brother. Can't wait to hear all about him and see some piccies.

Will be back later to say hi at a more reasonable hour. All is great here both at home and enjoying life as a mummy of a newborn plus two crazies original.gif

#75 butterflies

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:08 AM

just quickly before going to netball Lynny hasn't been well low bp low hb bleeding vomiting, she is all good now though.

Alec Jan was born at 10.09am at 3280 gms 47cm long hc 35cms.

rushing

bye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.