Always wanted to do that.

#3 stillinhope

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

Silver!?

Whats that all about?

#4 stillinhope

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:05 PM

Hi Girls,
YAY we have made it to an official buddy group status!
Nothing else will change, so dont worry!
I have to go back now and read the last posts again..and remember everything that was said!
xo

#5 stillinhope

Posted 31 May 2010 - 09:17 PM

Newbies Welcome too!!

#6 Louise74

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

Hi all,
Sorry to be MIA. Had a conference last weekand wasn't able to get to a computer for any length of time. Lots is happening in here!

Still my DH and I are dying to go to Tassie. I don't think we'll be able to afford it this year but I really want to go. I hope you have a great time and the horn goes away. I always get bad volcano like eruptions when I start with the hormones - not a good look!

Meggie - I hope your EPU went ok and all is good...

Kimbar - I hope your month off is a good one. I have trouble with the psyched up thing too. I get it in my head that I am doing IVF at a certain time and no matter what that is what is going to happen. I'm finding that is not a good thing lately and have to figure out a way to stop it!!

Spring and CC how are things with you?

Things are still wonky with me. Had bloods and they show I'm not ovulating - der! FS has started me on progesterone for 7 days to see if that brings it on. No matter what apparently I'm going on the pill soon and gearing up for an FET in July. The FN reckons that if no AF after progesterone and no AF after the pill it is still ok to proceed but using HRT (oestrogen) to set me up for the cycle and get my lining happening rather than relying on me to ovulate. I am a bit worried about all of this as in the whole time I've been doing IVF this has never happened to me before and I feel like there is some underlying issue that they are missing. They are really not worried at all..

It now seems that I also have to have a colonoscopy betweeen now and the next FET as I have a bowel condition that has the potential to be cancerous and after seeing my Gastro today my DH is worried that I may have issues that would exacerbate if by some infinite miracle I did get pg (not that the Gastro suggested this) he just has it in his head that this should be done before any IVF. Probably sensible but it wasn't in my picture (see what I mean about being psyched up and fixated on things.) The Gastro confided today that his 3 kids were conceived by IVF and he is just the loveliest guy. Really good. He gets it...

I wish things would just go smoothly sometimes!

Talk soon,
M

#7 meggie2

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

Just a quick stop to say hi BB.  I'm sorry you are having a bumpy road at the moment.

I wish we could trade all these setbacks in for trouble-free pregnancies down the track.  That would be fair wouldn't it?

My mum has colonoscopies every 2 years (strong family history of bowel cancer) and I have to start after age 40.  They snip off any pre-cancerous polyps before any harm can come of them.  Is that what you are having?  Hopefully after IVF it will be a walk in the park.

I know I bang on about acupuncture (a lot) but it might be worth a try to help bring on AF.

So I'm technically in the 2WW but my transfer is not til Saturday.  Weird.  

M

#8 stillinhope

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

Hello Ladies,

Hope your weeks are going well, 1/2 way to the weekend now!

Kimbar Glad to hear the zit central has calmed down (mine has too - or relocated itself)
What type of cycle are you doing this time? Does it matter if your fs is not around? i know its not ideal but surely you dont have to wait for her? at my clinic i hardly see my fs at all. Shes like OZ (wizzard of oz) commanding things from behind the big door that is her office.
What drugs are they going to put you on this time do you know? hope af comes nice and swiflty and gives you no grief!

Spring Month off sounds great! Coffee...mmmm those were the days....what cycle are you going to do? drugs? you and kimbar are almost on the same timing...Sounds like you are doing well, exercising etc, you'll feel so energised for your cycle. I was gyming it before my cycle and found it helped heaps.

Meggie I know what you mean, i wont go to the toilet after my transfer even tho im busting because i have to have a full bladder! I know its ridiculous but you cant help it can you! YAY transfer on saturday, what supports are you on?
hope the weather is better now, i heard theres been crazy weather in Syd (im in melb)
Your picture of us sitting in the restaurant in Tassie is devine! I just really really really hope it comes tru hands.gif
Oh              definitely good vibes, prayers and wishes coming your way for sat and beyond!

barrenbird Welcome back! Sorry to hear you have been having such a hard time. Glad your gastro is so nice and shared that story with you. Its so relieving to hear stories like that and have people that understand maybe a fraction what you are going through.
I think it sounds like a good idea to have your colonoscopy before you start too, get it out of the way and then you can focus on your treatment..hugs for you xx

CC how you going?

AFM devil horn has gone but arranged for me to have a bindi instead. right in the middle of my temple. Great!
2ww is nearly over. No AF yet but that doesnt mean much. I went 4 days over last time with no af. I have been having pains/ cramps in just above pelvic area - has anyone else had this? And i still am seriously bloated and sore from my clexane injections. They seem to be getting harder every day and i am running out of spots now. Bruise city. Bit nervous really about tomorrow - test day. All my symptoms are the same as last time so thats why im getting a bit  stressed.
Dh is working from home so we can process the news together. I cant handle getting the phone call by myself.
I might go awol for a while if things are a bit too much for me but i'll be back!

Take Care everyone bbighug.gif

#9 spring08

Posted 02 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

hi all,

Still, have my fingers crossed really tight for you tomorrow - I really hope we get some good news in here! Glad the devil horn has subsided - do you have to keep up the drugs if you get a BFP?

BB, sorry that you have other health issues to contend with also - so not fair. I also wonder how our poor bodies are being messed up with all these drugs too! I do worry a bit about long term effects - some of these drugs haven't been around that long have they?

Meggie, only another few days before tfr. Must be nice to be gearing up for ET without those awful daily calls from the lab telling you how many have dropped off!  Are you doing anything in the lead up apart from acu?

Cat, happy jabbing!

Kimbar, how are you doing?

AFM, just chugging down another coffee - mmm. expecting AF late in the week/weekend, and will start my first FET cycle. Really looking forward to not having many drugs for once - Yay!! FS has suggested aspirin after O, and some pregnyl after tfr, but that'll be it for this cycle - how awesome is that!
Planning a holiday too hopefully 2 weeks after we know the FET outcome - my survival strategy to get through the next cycle.

have a great day all, and good luck again for tomorrow Still

#10 meggie2

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

Hi everyone, especially our star of the week Stillinhope.   All the best for tomorrow.   We will all be here with everything crossed for you.

Spring I am a bit jealous of you doing an almost drug free FET.  I had to have stoopid Puregon and pessaries.   It is nice not to be waiting on the daily phone calls.   But you feel a bit abandoned too.  All the attention up to day before O and then nothing for a week.  

I hope the natural approach will be what works for you!

I am totally with you on the pre-planned consolation/celebration holiday.   My lovely mum is shouting me to go to the US for a family reunion in July, so if the FET works that will be great and if not, well, I will have a nice break before I do another fresh cycle in August/September.   I hope having a back up plan is not a failure of 100% positive thinking as per that advice in the Bad Parents Blog today.

C-Cat, Kimbar and BB
and everyone else - have a lovely end of the week.

Warm fuzzies, M

#11 Rangeman

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

Hello My Lovlies.........

Still - today is D Day.....thinking of you.

Meggie - you lucky bugger the US, I love it over there I even got married in Hawaii!  I hope you're going over with a bun in the oven and good luck for Saturday.

Spring - no drugs yay!!! I give up alcohol whilst cycling (I don't drink often so it's no hardship for me) but I've stopped not drinking coffee, I've done the whole being good etc and it hasn't worked so now if i want a coffee I have one.

BB - you sure are in the wars at the moment I hope it all settles down for you.

CC - how you doing?

AFM - AF has arrived right on time making me very aware with some nasty cramps....it just never ends for us does it.  Stillinhope - my FS likes to do my EPU & TFR so I'll have to make sure she's around, I want her to be there too because I have to go to surgery for my TFR as well as EPU I've got a really tight cervix (I've always told DH I was tight hahaha) and she can't get the thingy through it so they knock me out.  But you're right I'm sure someone else can monitor me I usually react similar each time.  So I guess I'll work up the courage & ring the clinic to make sure I can go ahead with my next AF.............I think i can, i think I can........

Have a good one girls.

#12 meggie2

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:42 PM

ph34r.gif for SIH.

#13 stillinhope

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

Hi Girls,
I have PM'd you all with my results.
xo

#14 meggie2

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

Still I PM'd you but it didn't show up in my sent items.  Let me know if it didn't arrive.
M

#15 stillinhope

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE (meggie2 @ 03/06/2010, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still I PM'd you but it didn't show up in my sent items.  Let me know if it didn't arrive.
M

Got it meggie -  thanks! And yay for mum sending you to the US, how exciting! How good are they! It eill be summer there wont it? nice and warm...

#16 Rangeman

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:27 AM

I Pm'd you too Still - hope you got it.

#17 stillinhope

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE (Kimbar @ 04/06/2010, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I Pm'd you too Still - hope you got it.

Got it Kimbar - thanks xo

#18 Rangeman

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:37 PM

Stooopid question........how do you add friends to your profiley thing in EB???????

#19 meggie2

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:04 PM

I tried that too.  No idea I'm afraid.  Transfer tomorrow at 10am.  I want me some of that SIH mojo.....

M

#20 stillinhope

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:34 PM

Hi Gals,

Kimbar
- to add a friend you click next to the persons name - on their post, theres a small arrow and it should drop down a menu saying add friend...

meggie - mojo coming your way. I never really believed this would happen for me so i can surely say that its possible for anyone. Hope the TF goes well, fingers, toes crosssed and prayers and blessings too. I'll be thinking of you. How many days old is the embryo/blast?

I hope everyone else is going well, hope you have a great weekend and not too cold, unlike melbourne which was a top of 11deg today..bbbbrrrrrr

xoxo

#21 meggie2

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

Hiya,

I'm just back from having my transfer of 2 blasts.  The embryologist said they 100% survived the thaw but they looked a little squished to me.

All went smoothly except the acupucturist left one of the needles in my HEAD.  I was driving over the Harbour Bridge and looked in the mirror and saw it poking out like a little antenna.   Not to mention the fact that I had already bought a coffee and a muffin and the waiter didn't say anything ohmy.gif !  

Thanks for the mojo everyone.

Hope you are all tracking OK.  Kimbar did you ring to arrange to start your new cycle or are you having another month of R&R?

M

#22 cheshire_cat

Posted 05 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

OMG meggie they left a needle in your head!? That's so shoddy! Will you be going back?

And YAY two blasts transferred, that's so great. Hopefully I'll be doing the same this time. Hope the next two weeks doesn't drive you too mad.

#23 stillinhope

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:49 PM

meggie- well done on the two blasts, how exciting. You might get twins! They say blasts have 50% success apose to the 33% with 2 day.
I cant believe you had a needle in your head either! i have always been afraid of that!
I am thinking of going back to my accupuncturist for treatment from now on but i am scared cos i didnt go through this cycle and am scared and dont want to 'rock the boat..
Will your 2ww really be 11v days like mine was? all i can say is im praying for you and keep busy!
having probs with eb today...
have a great week girls..

Edited by stillinhope, 06 June 2010 - 03:19 PM.

#24 meggie2

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

Hi SIH and CC and everyone.  Yeah the needle was funny.  I didn't tell the acu about it in the end, she would have been mortified and I got a laugh out of it so all's good.

Gosh SIH I don't know, I'd probably not rock the boat either until I saw a hb.   How are you feeling apart from scared?  

CC that's great you are planning to do 2 blasts.  There's arguments either way but it is the right decision for me at this point.

Me and my embies are just chilling watching TV and endless Sydney rain.  There was a moment where I thought I might have to go sweep up the leaves.  Last cycle was the "take it very easy" cycle but this time I'm just trying to go on as normal.  But luckily the rain started up just in time to stop me doing any actual work.

Hope you are all well (apart from you SIH, I hope you are feeling just the tiniest bit sick.gif - in the nicest possible way)  M

#25 stillinhope

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

Hi Girls,

Meggie
- nice work on the chillin out. Its such a good excuse to have to relax and do nothing for a few days...one day down - yay!
I am feeling ok apart from serious bloating. I had to go and bye some 'special' pants today because i cant stand it any longer, all my pants dont fit and i've been soooo uncomfortable with the bloating and injection sites.
I have had really bad stomach ache the last few days, think its getting a bit better now...
Not feeling sick yet although i felt a bit nauseas on sat but that could have been the bacon and eggs!

How is everyone else going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.