124 replies to this topic

#76 Titania

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:05 PM

Done

How's Em now Lynny?

#77 Kay1

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

I have an idea!!

Let's all post a drawing done by our Septemberries!!

(I know I am safe from looking like a show off on this one because I am fairly certain Nate's will be the 'worst' LOL.)

WDYT?

I haven't got a photo of any right now but will take one later tonight or tomorrow. If you can, post away, I'd love to see the artworks your little ones are producing. original.gif

#78 bellemae

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:32 AM

Great idea Kay original.gif

...see what I can find...Kai's drawings are amazingly variable, he is quite capable of astoundingly detailed pics, though will often quite happily sit there scribbling away just enjoying making marks on paper of different colours/patterns...

#79 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 13 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

Damians drawing has declined a bit since his last drawing of "people" - now he cant do them anymore LOL  but I'll upload one soon..

T - she's much better now thanks original.gif  I havent used the nebuliser on her the last 2 days - not worth the screaming IMO and I dont think it's serious enough for it.  I'm throwing her AB's in her milk in the morning and at night dev (6).gif and her coughing has stopped so fingers crossed whatever it was is now gone..  Pathology never rang me back so the results of the swab mustve been negative?  shrug.gif

I almost had a whole nights worth of sleep last night - havent slept that well since before I was pregnant! tthumbs.gif bubs only woke up once at 3am so not too bad biggrin.gif

Better go and put dinner on

BBL!

#80 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeewwwwwww!   Damian's big front tooth is a bit wobbly sick.gif  sick.gif

#81 Kay1

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

NO WAY!!

#82 Ms Kelly

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

hi ladies...

kelly here. katarina & noah's mum. popping in to say hello and to see how you all are. you were all a big part of my life.

the last 2 years have been life changing...separated from about the time noah was a baby. (lived under the same roof, not many people knew that...) until i moved out in august 2009)... very settled now in my home for almost a year with the kids.

divorced and have a new man in my life!!

i see new babies in the group...!!!!! original.gif

Edited by Ms Kelly, 13 July 2010 - 08:33 PM.

#83 bellemae

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:38 PM

Hiya Kelly!!! Lovely to have you back! biggrin.gif Great to hear things seem to be heading in a happier direction for you now, you deserve it. Hope to 'see' you around here a little more.  I missed you!  wub.gif

#84 bellemae

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

Kai has another wobbly tooth too Lynny Feel like my little man is growing up WAY WAY WAY too fast sad.gif

#85 Ms Kelly

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

hi belle...

ive been in and out trying to keep up with you guys in the past couple weeks...not sure whether to join back. ive also been in out and of facebook... life just got wierd.

im a bit emotional...

ive missed you girls...

didnt think id feel like this...

#86 Kay1

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:17 PM

Hi Kelly!! Lovely to see you hun. I have often wondered how you've been. Sorry to hear you've had a rough few years. Sounds like things are heading in the right direction now though. We'd love to have you back posting regularly but I can understand how it might feel weird since it was something you did 'back then'. Do whatever feels right bbighug.gif . We'd love to hear how your gorgeous kids are doing though. :wub.gif Is Noah still Mr Action Man!? And I bet Kat is almost a fully fledged heartbreaker by now!

#87 Ms Kelly

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

thanks kay...i think thats the reason it feels a bit wierd...the back then thing.

kat is 11 next month, but more like a young adult...always the grownup. she helped me so much with the move. we've been learning alot from one another. the past year in particular has seen us grow together in many ways.

noah is 5 in sept. (doh...you guys know that, lol.) yep...he's still full on. prep next year, but goes to daycare preschool when im at work. he's got stitches in the back of his head, countless lost toenails & one broken shoulder blade...fearless & unstoppable.he's become the man of the house...and is a smaller version of me, so we come to heads a hell of a lot. he's independent, very stubborn and wont accept help for anything.  

im a tour guide at a local tourist place for 2.5yrs now...(not the zoo) and i love my work.

#88 butterflies

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

Hi there Kel!! missed ya! glad to hear you are doing well and getting on with things.

nothing much going on here, just getting through the holidays, they were meant to be quiet but things change hey! MIL is taking Zahli and Alannah to see Toy Story 3 and Paris and I are going to see Eclipse tomorrow at Macquarie.

Then trying to get things together to pack, 7 days to go!! I can't wait though I found out tonight that our friends we are going with (they have 3 kids too) will be seperating when they get back.  man another one bites the dust (my BF seperated from her DH a month or so ago)

anyway

I just can't get my head around packing only summery things and not packing for winter. weird I know.

well must go to bed I guess

night

#89 mhjemma

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

Hello everyone biggrin.gif
Great to see you back Kelly xoxoxo Missed you xoxoxoxo I still laugh about out attempts at opening that bottle of wine with an electric drill!!! It sound like Noah has been testing the boundaries of physical endurance!!! OUCH!!! Lovely to hear that you and Kat are growing together. She is a very special young lady.

I am revitalised after 2 weeks off work, but only 2 days back have started to drain me again. Have been trying to take better care of my health but I really am too lazy and weak willed to do it properly! Work seems to think I will be pregnant at any moment as they have given me the cruisey yard duties but they are wrong. Have some health issues to sort out before we can think of trying again. Looking more and more like Caius will be an only child.

When do they start losing teeth? I know of a few 4 year olds that have started losing theirs, but I always equated gappy teeth with school.....surely we have another..........6 months to go!!!!!!!     I wish time would slow down!!!!!!!!

Karina - I am so stupidly jealous of you and your family for your trip to Fiji. I will continue to dream. The holidays just gone were meant to be a total 'get away, hang the expense'....we ended up being tight and went to Echuca (oh yay....not). One day I will be able to brag about a decent holiday......I hope!!!!

Take care, I do read but rarely get the chance to post. Know that I am thinking of you all xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#90 bellemae

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:38 PM

When kids lose their teeth really varies - Tien lost his first when he was around 6.5 (halfway through year 1), and Kai has already lost his 2 bottom front and now has a top front wobbly ohmy.gif

OMG Karina, your countdown is making me SOOOoooo jealous!!!!

#91 Kay1

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

I can't wait though I found out tonight that our friends we are going with (they have 3 kids too) will be seperating when they get back. man another one bites the dust (my BF seperated from her DH a month or so ago)
Oh wow, I hope that's not awkward when you are away! sad.gif When we were away we were saying that we can't ever imagine going away with another family. Must just be us antisocial misfits LOL.

Belle - Argh, I am so not ready for Nate to lose teeth cry1.gif

Mardi - Oh gosh honey, I hope you are okay. I hope you are able to have another baby, or if not that you are able to accept that and be at peace with it. bbighug.gif I really hope you get a lovely holiday before too long too.

Well crazy busy day here and I have a headache. Had it last night, took some drugs and slept 10 hours and woke up feeling just as bad. Don't know what I"m going to do about this. sad.gif

#92 Titania

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

Hi Kel!!! Been way too long. OMG Noah is scary lol!

Holy crap Belle - that is freaky! wink.gif

Thought Lor was going to lose one of his front teeth - he ran face first into the kitchen bench - chipped one (jagged corner bit now) - and the other was loose - but seems to have come good now.

That's great Lynny. original.gif Boys are sick here - L coughed most of the night last night - and had him in Emergency night before. Gaah. Both home from care today (and G didn't go last week) - so behind with work. sad.gif
I'm so tired, have their virus, had maybe 4 hours sleep and a splitting headache. Whinge, whinge.

On a positive note, new cleaners are here - and they are blitzing the place.

Nice Karina - another one who is jealous here. ;p But yes - wow - will that be a bit weird? I'd find it uncomfortable.

Oh Mardi - I do hope you get a decent holiday - it sounds like you could do with a bit of a lengthier time out.

Miranda - did you say Charlotte is 115cms?!!! Holy heck. blink.gif Lor's 113 and I thought that was tall!

Speaking of. Getting a bit concerned about him physically. He is so darn skinny. He weighs 17.5 ks - and, as mentioned above - he's very tall (96th percentile I think). He lost two kilos in May and was down to 16kgs. His little brother weighs more than him. His wrists are like twigs. Does this sound odd? Does anyone else's kid weigh so little? I should check and see where he is on the charts for weight... He eats HEAPS. But he does not, will not drink milk, or eat cheese (anymore - he used to). He eats yoghurt, icecream etc.

#93 bellemae

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:26 AM

Mardi - Sorry must have missed the bit about your health issues. I hope you can get them sorted out soon. Geez I wish I could pop over and visit you, gosh all you girls are soo damn far away sad.gif

T It's hard to say whether Ls weight would be of concern...In the pics I've seen of him on FB he looks skinny, but not too skinny IYKWIM. Though you say he's lost more since then? I was always a VERY skinny kid, though I also hardly ate anything, so not quite the same. Strange that he would eat so much and still be so skinny.....have the drs mentioned anything about it at any of his visits?

Edited by bellemae, 14 July 2010 - 10:27 AM.

#94 Titania

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

No they haven't Belle - I might bring it up next time.

You know, I've got a horrible feeling he's got whooping cough again. sad.gif

#95 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

Kelly!!   biggrin.gif How are you woman!  Been thinking about you so much over the last few months/years original.gif  It's so nice to hear from you again wub.gif  So sorry to hear about all the stuff you went through but glad that it's all worked out so beautifully for you.  Sounds like Kat has been your little rock to lean on.. she's such a gorgeous and mature little thing.  Noah must be keeping you on your toes though - eek to all those injuries! lol

T - oh no - so sorry to hear about the boys sad.gif  You just never seem to get a break  unsure.gif  With L's weight, agree thats very skinny but if he's eating okay I wouldnt worry about it.  The girl over the road from us is 4 (5 in february) and she's about 16-17kgs (Emily weighs the same if not more!).  She's also very tall and her mum isnt a small person, her dad is 6"1 so no small genes in the family.  Her baby brother is 2 in december and he now weighs more than her.  ph34r.gif  I've got pics of her and Damian on Facebook somewhere.. her names Amelia (in case you wanted to see what she looks like etc)  Oh and for the record.. Amelia hates dairy too - icecream, yoghurt, cheese, milk etc..                

Belle
- omg! I still can't believe how advance your boys are - what are you feeding them? wink.gif Tounge1.gif  

Kay - hope you feel better today! Nurofen Zavance is good!  Lol at not being ready for the toothfairy  laugh.gif   I felt a bit teary last night myself..  Can't believe he's almost 5 cry1.gif  

Mardi - thinking of you.  Hope you feel better soon - you sound really tired and drained atm unsure.gif hhugs.gif                    

Karina - you sure you dont need someone to carry your bags for you on your trip *hint* *hint* grin.gif            sorry to hear about your friends though sad.gif      

Shezza - I know you love it when I call you that wink.gif   tongue.gif  how's the competition going?

AFM - better go and work out what to do for dinner.. the never ending battle to please 4 people's palates  wacko.gif

PS.  what can I do with the left over Ventolin I have?  It seems like such a waste to bin it unsure.gif

Edited by ~~Lynny~~, 14 July 2010 - 11:11 AM.

#96 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:42 PM

That was a lot of posts!

KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Heck - how did Kat get to be 11!  Missed you heaps in here.  Really, REALLY glad to see you back.  Sorry you have been through such a rough time!

Teeth - Hannah really wants a loose tooth.  I am not really into the whole gappy teeth look, so I am more than happy for her to wait!!

Belle - I can't believe Kai has lost 2 already!  Is there anything that boy isn't miles ahead at? lol!

T - Hannah is 108cm last check (although that was a while ago - so maybe 109/110ish) and is only about 15ish kg, from memory.  She is just really slim.  I will weigh her tonight when she gets in from kinder.

Karina - the trip is so close!  Have a really fantastic time!  I really hope that the situation with the other family doesn't get too awkward.

Kay - I am with you!  I am not a fan of travelling with others. I have done it in short stints a couple of times, but never for more than a day or two (other than when we stayed with friends while away, and that drove me insane!  I used Christmas and the pending wedding as an excuse to move out to a hotel).

sad.gif Mardi - take care of yourself.  If you want a break sometime, just let me know.  I would love to catch up, even just for a coffee or something. xx

Lynny - how is Alec going?  I can't believe he is sleeping so well already! sad.gif  I wish I lived closer.  I would love to come and meet him (and Em for that matter!)

Toby started his new care today - the first time he has been in care since he broke his leg (other than a one hour visit to his old creche about 2 weeks after he broke his leg).

He was ace!  I told him beforehand that he was going to care, and it was just like Hannah's kinder (which he loves, and also to help him understand that I was leaving, just like we leave Hannah at kinder).  I also told him that he was going to stay and play with the kids, and I was going to go and do some work.

In theory today was about both of us being there so he could get to know the place, but they had said that I was welcome to leave hom for a little while, so I went there, took him in, talked to the carers a little about him (the reaction when I told the carers in his room that he was 4 months off being 3 was hilarious!  Poor midget).  Then he seemed to be waiting to be told what to do next, so I figured I may as well say goodbye and see how he reacted.  I told him that I was going to work, and that he was going to stay with Kim and play with the kids for a while, and then left.

Absolutely no fuss from him what so ever.  When I got back he was happy to see me, and was telling me about how he played with the kids and ate sausage (I think he was thinking about the toy sausage he was playing with at Hannah's kinder this morning, because they had soup for lunch - lol).  The staff loved him - one of them offered to take him full time. lol.  He was quite happy with the idea of going back next week.

I love my adaptable little guy!!

Meanwhile, I think tomorrow is going to be a trip back to the Dr as he has a cold which is making his asthma play up again.  This trip will have him back onto the preventer (basically last time the Dr said if that if it happens again he will go back on).

OK - I think that is me done!  I will get onto the drawing thing tomorrow - I have just moved my computer into the new studio, and I have not set up the printer/scanner yet.

Edited by ~*Sharon*~, 14 July 2010 - 03:43 PM.

#97 Kay1

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

Keep it Lynny. You may need it again.

Just had a freaky experience. sad.gif SIL and her two little girls were here, Leo is at care so just me and Nate. We decided to take the kids to the park out the back. When we came back (our back gate opens onto the park) I shut the gate and then looked back and could see a person there (there's a hole for your hand to go through to open the gate). I was just looking to see if it was a neighbour I recognised and he turned around and I copped an eyeful of his p*nis!!! sad.gif I reacted (quietly) and so of course my 5 year old niece runs over to have a look and I had to get her away. My SIL looked out and he had his pants done up again (he was talking on the phone) and so we thought maybe he was just having a whizz in the bushes but then she looked again and he had it out again. sick.gif

So I called out that I was calling the cops if he didn't leave. He didn't react at all to that so we came inside. I didn't really want to call the cops as he'd know it was me. SIL went out again a bit later and he was nowhere to be seen. There is building going on at our neighbours house and I'm pretty sure he was a builder. Still it has unsettled me a lot as we go out there often and it was literally right behind our gate. It seems unlikely he didn't see us as he seemed to appear, just after we came in the gate. sad.gif Eeeeeewwwww!!!!!

Edited by Kay1, 14 July 2010 - 03:45 PM.

#98 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:29 PM

Ewww Kay!  Hopefully he was just taking a leak!

T - I just checked - Hannah is 109cm and 15.9kg.  That puts her and L at the same point on the BMI charts, once you apply gender.

If he is losing weight, it is not a good thing, but if he is staying at 17.5, then I would say it is not really an issue.  If he was struggling with weight on an ongoing basis it would effect his overall growth, and given his height, I think he should be fine!

Given Hannah's genetic background on my side, I am VERY happy for her to be a slim kid!!!  I would rather her end up on the underweight (for the right reasons) side than struggling with weight issues.

#99 Titania

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

Really quickly..

Kay - I'd call the cops anyway. Seriously - not a good thing at all.

#100 Kay1

Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

I know what you mean T but I'm worried that it might just p*ss him off. unsure.gif I might leave a note in the letterbox for the owners, although I don't think they're living there atm. If I see him again I'll definitely be calling the cops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.