Juliana's triplets

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 F.E.B.E

Posted 23 June 2010 - 11:32 AM

Have you been following the story of Juliana's pregnancy and birth of her triplets?

Juliana Fridman has been writing a series of blogs for Essential Baby. She has documented her journey of falling pregnant and  finding out they were expecting triplets, as well as the trials of carrying a multiple pregnancy. Juliana has recently covered the birth and after effects of emergency c-section & health difficulties of herself and one of her precious triplets.

You can read all of Julianas blogs here, and comment below.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/parenting/...00621-yrbj.html

#2 Razman

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your 3 lovely little men. My little man arrived at 28+4 weeks and weighed in at 1,320g. Just wanted to send a message of support for you and Jon (like the spelling I also have a no "H" Jon) on your NICU journey. As you have already found with Rafe they don't call it the NICU rollercoaster for nothing.

We were very lucky with only a singleton and no major complications. Just a long 9 weeks in hospital for our little man learning to do all the things a FT baby naturally does. And I didn't experience any health issues myself. So I'm thinking of you and hoping both you and Rafe continue getting better. Hoping that Patrick and Filipe are boring run of mill prems without complications. And finally that you, Patrick and Filipe get to come home soon and Rafe's stay isn't too long.

Cath

Edited by Razman, 23 June 2010 - 02:26 PM.

#3 Elemenopee

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

What a rollercoaster you have all been through. Thank goodness your instinct was spot on. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you and your husband to be in 3 separate hospitals.
I hope you are soon busy at home with your 3 gorgeous babies.
I have twins, and it is challenging, but worth every minute.

#4 purplebilby

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:15 PM

i just found one of your blogs today, and got myself up to date - realising the last one i read was only two days ago (21 June 2010) so this is all incredibly current - i wish you all the best in your receovery and your babies too.

i'm not sure how to "subscribe" to your blog, as i would like to follow what happens, i think i will be on terterhooks to hear what happens next, when those Cardio doctors finally tell you what's going on, and i will be crossing all of my fingers and toes, so that you get your longed for news of "you and your three bubs are well enough to go home" - whenever that is.

i'm glad your dh is so supportive, he sure sounds like a keeper.

i cannot imagine being separated from my baby like you are (times three).

COngrats for expressing the "liquid gold" (the colostrum) for your babes - even a few drops can make such a difference - even though to a new mum, it looks like such a teeny amount - but their little tums are so tiny, doesn't take much.  Giving my bub the colostrum was a goal of mine too.  i had no idea IF or HOW LONG we could breastfeed, but i told myself, "one thing at a time, just focus on the colostrum".  i was quite amazed my body produced it actually, after reading how so many women have supply issues etc.  amde me so grateful.  It must take on so much more significance when you have a premmie or in your case, multiple premies.

i hope you are all in at least the same hospy before long.

you are in my thoughts, wishing you ALL the best in the world, to get you and your darling bubs home.

i have no idea how you manage to do the blog, at such a time, you are giving an amazing insight to many people.  i hope it helps you to heal, to "get it out".  A good thing is that in the years to come, once you are all better and have caught up on sleep, the blog entries will become a good thing to read over and remind you of what you actually went thru.

#5 harrison~at~last

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

Hi Juliana

There's nothing quite like a triplet pregnancy is there?  I thought my singleton pregnancy was hard, but NONE of the same issues come up!  Her 'viability' was never discussed for a start!  I counted down the weeks with her, this time I pray for each new day to come without complications or labour!

I hope you and your little boy recover super quickly and you're able to bring your three little men home sooner rather than later!

#6 Farmgal

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:21 PM

All the best with your health and the health of all your baby boys - especially Rafe. I only found your blogs today but being a multiple mum ( me only 2) I felt then need to read. And wow what a story - firstly congratulations on the safe arrival of your boys.

Your story brought back so many memories for me - my boys came early and by CS and I too had a terrible reaction in the CS and pretty much was in so much pain I missed the boys being born. DS had to watch them resuscitate my son and worry on my behalf.

One of our babies was quite ill and needed to go to the children's hospital and I stayed behind with DS2. That week I was ill and rushed to another hospital with a sever blood clot and I thought I would die too. Had to stop breast feeding as well.

It was very hard to deal with all that drama - I just wanted to be home with my kids. It took another 2.5 months until we were all home together - but that was a  terrific day!

Anyway enough reminiscing, this is about you not me. I just wanted to give you hope and say it's a very rough start but it will get more 'normal' when you are home with all your little men the dramas of hospital will be long gone.

We are all doing well. DS1 has had two operations and is now as good as gold. My blood clot is still there but getting smaller.

Wanted to wish you the best of luck with all your boys...hope you are all out of hospital asap!
xx

#7 tarquinsaffron

Posted 09 July 2010 - 10:54 PM

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful boys - they are gorgeous, what an amazing journey. I am thinking of Rafe and I hope that he has a speedy recovery and you are all home in the coming weeks. Wishing you all the best and thanks for sharing.

Edited by tarquinsaffron, 09 July 2010 - 10:56 PM.

#8 bambiman

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

Congratulations Juliana on the birth of your lovely boys!

I am a triplet mum as well - all girls!  Have a 13yo Year7 and the triplets Alexandra, Juliana and Sofia are now 7yo and in Year1.  We used to be a part of the LNSMBA Lower North Shore Multiple Births Association but have moved residences.  Its a great way to meet multiple families.  This association also has HOM members.

All the best!

#9 jaqui71

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:42 AM

Congratulations, they are beautiful. I am a 38 yo who alredy has a 18yo and 14yo daughter as well as a 2 1/2yo little boy. I found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks ago and went for a scan on Monday 26/07/10 and found three gestational sacs. I go back on Monday for another one and hope to see the heart beats this time.

#10 F.E.B.E

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

Juliana has posted a moving new update on her triplets:
http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/baby/baby-...0908-150sk.html

#11 Mariamsmum

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

Dear Juliana and family,
I am so sorry to read about your loss of your beautiful boy Rafael Thomas.
He sounds like such a fighter, such a brave little boy whose time came too soon.
My heart is breaking for you and I wish you love and strength, and kind, gentle days ahead.

Again, I am so, so sorry for your loss.
Fly free Rafael...you will always be your brother's guardian angel.

Edited by Mariamsmum, 08 September 2010 - 03:37 PM.

#12 Bellazeus

Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

I am so sorry.

#13 EPZ

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

I am sitting hear balling my eyes out after reading your story.

Oh you are so brave, you are so, so brave.  Rafael sounds amazing and the time you spent in the garden and bathing him...what special times you had.

I have never lost a baby, but I have had babies and I know the love you have starts from the very beginning until forever.

May your babies always know what special, loving parents they have and how amazing you truely are.

Thank you for sharing your story on EB.

#14 gojo

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. You write about it in such a beautiful way and I'm think you are very brave. I'm so pleased you managed to get some beautiful moments out of it all and some memories to cherish forever.

I wish you, your DH and your other beautiful bubs all the best. Thanks so much for sharing your story.

#15 Angel1977

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:31 PM

Its taken me quite a while to read your story, the tears are making it hard for me to type. Much love to your beautiful family at the loss of your little angel.

#16 paulagirl

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:50 PM

Dear Juliana,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  You and your family are in my prayers.

Paula

#17 ~Perplexity~

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

Oh i am so sorry.

You write so wonderfully about your beautiful Rafael and the beautiful memories you have to cherish.

#18 mayahlb

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:20 PM

i am so terribly sorry to hear about your loss. you write so beautifully about him.
again i am terrible sorry
maya

Edited by mayahlb, 08 September 2010 - 07:27 PM.

#19 Razman

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

i'm so sorry for you loss.

#20 MinkyMonkey

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:22 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Fly free precious Rafael.

#21 tarquinsaffron

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:25 PM

Dear Juliana, I am sorry for the loss of precious Rafael, my heart goes out to you and your family.  Know that on EB a group of lovely angel mums were my greatest support during the early days..and I got alot of support from..Grief help..wishing you gentle days your story was absolutely beautiful

xxx

#22 Farmgal

Posted 08 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

Thank you for sharing your story. My heart goes out to you and your family for the loss of you precious son Rafael. May he be forever remembered as a beautiful son and brother!

hugs to you.

#23 Juliana Fridman

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:52 PM

Hi everyone
Thank you so much for lovely messages, so full of support. we really appreciate.
All the best from us all
Ju & Jon & the boys

#24 Redonk

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:58 PM

I am so incredibly sorry to read of the loss of your precious son. I truly wish his story didn't end this way. I wish his story ended in 80 or so years after a long, happy life shared with his loving family & the generations that followed him.
I am so sorry.

#25 belsy

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:03 AM

Juliana,

Just wanted to post you and your family have my deepest sympathies during this sorrowful time.  I too had tears streaming down my face when you wrote about the beautiful memories you created for your family and little Rafael before he passed away.

Be kind to yourself and take care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.