Juliana's triplets

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 envs

Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

I wish you strength, I wish you resilience, and I wish you love.

xxxx

Edited by envs, 03 October 2010 - 03:35 AM.

#27 Sarie

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Best wishes to you, DH and your boys.

#28 sal37

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:13 PM

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Rafa.  I have been enjoying reading your blogs and was so sad to read that you lost dear little Rafael.  I wish you and your boys all the best for the future.  May Rafa be a guardian angel for you all. xoxo

#29 LittleRB

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

Dearest Juliana and family,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious angel Rafael.

My thoughts and prayers and with you and your family during this time.

#30 Hopefullytrue

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:49 PM

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your gorgeous boy

I am so glad that you got to meet Rafael and experience the light of his soul, though his time with you was short, I am glad you have some precious memories to remember him by.

Thinking of you

Edited by Altheau, 09 September 2010 - 10:49 PM.

#31 hernette

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

So sorry for the loss of your little angel sad.gif hhugs.gif

#32 KT2005

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:06 PM

My very deep sympathy and respect. I am so sad that he couldn't stay - but glad that you had such wonderful times with him. It wasn't so long ago that twins/children who passed away as babies weren't spoken about - how difficult that must have been for parents.  Kia Kaha.

#33 Becs77

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:18 PM

I once read a beautiful quote from Oscar Wilde which said "Who, being loved, is poor?" - whilst your loss is undeniably heartbreaking and devastating, your little mans life was filled with a richness of love that some never get to experience.  Your husband, his brothers and yourself sound to have filled him with such love and tenderness I'm sure, if he could have, he would desperately have wanted to stay.  My condolences and love to you all, may you continue to love each other as richly as you do now. RIP little Rafael xx

#34 Lukri

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:41 PM

Your post has brought tears to my eyes.

I am so sorry for your loss. Rafael sounds like he was a very special little boy. I am so glad that you were able to spend some time with him before he passed.

I wish you and your family all the love and happiness in the world.

#35 Butterflydreamin

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:17 AM

Dear Juliana,

I was so sorry to hear about the loss of your little fighter Rafael. He was such a brave boy. Your story about him was such a heart-felt and beautiful tribute and I am sure that he will be with you always. Best wishes raising your other two sons, they will have a very special angel watching over them.

Butterfly

#36 HappyDad42

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:13 AM

Dear Jon and Juliana,

I know that there are no words that can comfort you. However, all I can say is that I am so sorry that you lost Rafael.

My wife and I lost our daughter Charlotte nine days after her birth. She would have been two on the 8th of September 2010. We also spent our time in the NICU of the Royal Children's Hospital. The care and support that was given to us in the NICU was amazing.

We also cherish the memories of being able to take Charlotte outside and giving her a bath. When I read your story it all came flooding back. Initially for us, it appeared that all this would happen after her death, but her amazing stubbornness meant that we got to do these things in her last day.

We felt that when we left the NICU for the last time, that it was like leaving a comforting cocoon. We were looked after so well, that we hit the ground with a thud when we had to return to our old lives, without our daughter.

Everybody grieves differently and your situation is so different to ours. I cannot pretend that I can even imagine the range of emotions you and Jon are going through.

One thing I do know is that men often get left out in these situations. Women do so much better at discussing emotions and offering emotional support. I hope that Jon can get the help and support that he needs.

My wife has found a great benefit in being involved in the Teddy Love Club, a group of parents that raise money to buy Teddy bears to give to parents who leave hospital with empty arms.

My thoughts go out to you at this difficult time.

Warmest regards,

Andrew.

#37 rose_butterfly

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

Im sorry for the loss of your beautiful little boy Rafael & his life was short.

I lost my daughter Kaitlin when she was 6 months old, she had Charge Syndrome which we didnt know of her condition til she was born & whisked away to NICU. We travelled a road full of emotions, sadness, happiness tears & smiles. Just like you I never lost hope & that Kailtin would be a miracle, well she still is survivng 6 months here with us that im so very thankful I got to spend those special months with my beautiful girl. She only had 8 weeks at home with us & her big sister till she ended back in hospital & suddenly detorited all of a sudden which came a big shock to us. The Dr's told us on the day she wasnt well & kailtin passed away the next morning in our arms. We miss her terribly & her sister mentions about her little sister but she taught me so many things in the short time she was here. Tho im still having some down days but has gotten easier over time but look at my daughter here with us with no sibling to grow up with & think what would they be like together.

Thinking of you & your family during this difficult time.

Kel.

#38 Happypinks

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

Thank you for sharing your wonderful, honest yet heartbreaking at times, story. I am so sorry for the loss of little Rafael, as you say he is your angel...He will always be around to watch over those two darling brothers of his and make sure mum and dad are happy and enjoying life for him too.

Wish you many happy memories ahead with your precious family...and I hope that over time your pain will be eased a little with the happiness your 2 boys will bring. What a wonderful family you have.

#39 wannabhank

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (EBeditor @ 22/06/2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you been following the story of Juliana's pregnancy and birth of her triplets?

Juliana Fridman has been writing a series of blogs for Essential Baby. She has documented her journey of falling pregnant and  finding out they were expecting triplets, as well as the trials of carrying a multiple pregnancy. Juliana has recently covered the birth and after effects of emergency c-section & health difficulties of herself and one of her precious triplets.

You can read all of Julianas blogs here, and comment below.

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/parenting/...00621-yrbj.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.