New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=801927

#2 CluckyDuck05

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:59 AM

ph34r.gif

Peek a boo!

#3 NoReflection

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

really? just one post? we're slipping ladies!

#4 trying4no2

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:58 AM

Morning ladies,

Have been busy busy busy and haven't had a chance to pop in. But it seems like we have all been very quiet in here lately.

I just quickly popped in, have so much to tell. But my biggest and best news is that Levi finally took his
ddance.gif  ddance.gif  ddance.gif FIRST STEPS!!! ddance.gif  ddance.gif  ddance.gif

I am so excited. He took his first steps last Thursday and has been slowly taking more and more each day!!

I will pop in again this afternoon when I have the house to myself for a couple of hours.

Have a great day

#5 NoReflection

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Go Levi! I'm so happy for you! biggrin.gif

#6 asignatureofthings

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:08 AM

Oh sh*t, a new thread, lol! Didn't even realise there was a new thread!

WOOT!! Go Levi! Awesome stuff!

Hey everyone waves.gif

#7 3greenhills

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:37 AM

shows how often I come in here..... new thread already....... laughing2.gif

oh and photography girls - heres a link for you, some prop ideas perhaps.... props

bbl

Edited by 3greenhills, 19 July 2010 - 11:38 AM.

#8 mumma ♥

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

Thanks for the link, Jo - gorgeous stuff ♥

Veronica, that's awesome!

Lisa, awwww Skye is sounding so grown up now happy.gif when are you next up this way?

Just a quick question for you all - how many milk drinks do your babies have each day? Do they have one before bed and if so, do you brush their teeth after they have it? The MCHN has told me to stop giving Ryan milk before bed (although he doesn't drink from a bottle, just a straw - so glad I got rid of the bottles LOL) as it is bad for his teeth although I can go and brush them before bed. I have been brushing his teeth in the bath and then he has milk and bed. He doesn't drink much milk at night - just a few sips - so I could easily cut that out and give him water before bed. He has about 500ml of milk per day from morning milk and afternoon milk. Plus yoghurt. So he is getting enough calcium.

Please help clueless old me wink.gif

Also he's got a terrible nappy rash on the side where the nappy tabs are. I've been putting him in training pants for a few hours during the day to try and get rid of the rash. Yesterday he stayed dry for 4 hours. It's way too early for potty training, but I wonder what would happen if I did have a potty to try him out on??

#9 NoReflection

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:12 PM

Jules: I have just cut Evelyn's intake down, she doesn't drink a whole 250ml in one go now so I only give her 150ml. Still on three bottles though, I just give her food first.

Also, why not with the potty training? According to my MIL DH was trained at 18 months. I had the Potty out for S to get used to from this age. She didn't use it that young but she knew what it was for and trained easily when she was ready.

With the rash, maybe try Dermaveen Eczema cream, it is great and the active ingredient is Oatmeal.

#10 4thnfinal

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:16 PM

hey jules... try curash powder.. it's pretty good for rashes! and on the whole toilet training thing.. i say go for it if u think he's ready!! jacob (my eldest) was day time toilet trained at 18mths... and night time just b4 20mths... yet the twins weren't until just b4 3yrs

hi all original.gif slow thread this one!!

i think i have a chest infection and have just been sooo busy lately!!
betta go

#11 CluckyDuck05

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

Jules – I’m dying to take a break and go up there but it probably won’t be for at least another year.  sad.gif

I brush Skye’s teeth after dinner then I breastfeed her upstairs just before she goes to bed. Probably not the best thing to do but she WILL NOT breastfeed unless we are lying in bed upstairs (too distracted). I could brush her teeth after that but she is so sleepy then. Oh well – I figure her teeth are cleaned pretty well and that’s better than some parents get – some kids are a nightmare to try and clean their teeth. Sounds like Ryan’s getting enough calcium tho – Skye has morning, afternoon and bedtime milk thru the week but misses the afternoon one on weekends. She has yogurt and cheese so that’s probably enough. I’d say Ryan would be fine without night milk. smile1.gif

#12 mumma ♥

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

Belinda, hope it's not an infection sad.gif get well soon...

thanks guys for your replies ♥ Last night I gave Ryan his milk before bath and before bed he just had water. He seemed to drink more milk this way and has less fuss so it might be good.

They change from day to day though - who knows whats up with them! Yesterday he had a 3 hour nap and today he's barely had 1 hr rolleyes.gif I might buy a potty and see what happens - I am not expecting much LOL

Have also been thinking of trying a few MCN's out but I am not sure if it's right for me. Might grab a couple and see how they go.

#13 trying4no2

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

Hi Ladies,

Jules, Levi has 3 bottles a day when he gets up one at 2pm and one before bed. At kindy they give him a cup at his 2pm milk but at home he won't drink his milk out of anything but a bottle.

Levi got his hair cut for the first time on the weekend. Oh he looks so cute. He was such a good boy. Didn't mind it at all.

My Sister, 2 Nieces and my Nephew are moving to Mackay in a couple of weeks. Which is so sad, I have always had my family so close by and now My sister and family are moving away and My other sister is trying to get into the army. It makes me so sad. The Kids are coming to stay over son Saturday night which will be fun, it will be the last time for a while so we will have to make the most of it.

I better get back to work.
Have a lovely day
Beck

#14 Becca1605

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

waves.gif

Beck - I know it's hard with family moves away.  My sister (currently) lives in Brisbane.  She has moved about quite a bit, Emerlad, Moranbah, Brissy.  We are in Adelaide. It's sad not seeing them and my nephew weekly like we did when they lived here (well we saw them, not the kids as there weren't any yet).

Jules - Savannah still has 3 milk drinks.  1 when she gets up, 1 at 1.30pm and 1 before bed. She may even have another overnight if she wakes. We brush her teeth in the bath after dinner, but it is hard work. Then milk after.  We do the same with Hunter.  He still takes milk to bed in a cup (at nearly 4), but brushes his teeth before.  I know it's not ideal, but with shocking sleepers its the only way we can get them to sleep.

How many words are your 15-16 month olds saying?  Savannah still only says Mum and Dad, but chatters non-stop.  She is constantly babbling but not real words as such.  She does understand a lot though and copies everything we do.  I'm sure Hunter was saying heaps by now.

#15 mumma ♥

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

Becca, Ryan sounds like Savannah - he says mum, dad, (ba)nana, hoot (giggle & hoot lol), no and hello (although that is not totally clear). He's not a big talker, but he does babble and chatter away a lot.

Can't wait to try out my MCN's biggrin.gif

#16 Becca1605

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

Yay about your MCNs Jules.  Glad to hear Ryan sounds the same.  Dad said we were blessed with a good speaker with Hunter so not to compare them..but it's hard when at the same age he was stringing 2 words together and he isn't really saying any. I know she understands heaps though.

Tonight I told her to say good night to everyone as she was going to bed (we have poppy and aunty jo down).  She walked around the room waving to everyone. She went right up to their faces and waved laughing2.gif quite funny.

I'm waiting for DH to get Hunter to bed so we can watch masterchef.

#17 NoReflection

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

Evelyn says mum, dad, Bob and woof.

(she hates dogs so the fact that she constantly pretends to be one wierds me out lol)

Sephie was was stringing up to 3 words by now. I know E is smart though, little ratbag, she understands what we say, she just doesn't have the words for it lol, more of a point and squel kind of girl lol.

#18 3greenhills

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

Lucy has quite a good vocab going on. She told her Dad to shutup yesterday. She says Mummy, Daddy, Aden, Grandma, fish, dog, cat, plane, car, no, pick it up, bottle, dodi (what we call dummies), purple cat (comfort toy), go, up, outside, where, gone, uhoh and bye/goodbye. Thats all I can think of right now.

Aden too was saying alot more, but I think thats because he was the first, so he got alot more attention, noit that Lucy doesnt. But I have also found that Aden speaks alot for Lucy, eg "Lucy said...." or "she wants......", "yes she has", "no she hasnt", instead of her trying to answer.

Lucy is also still having about 3 bottles of milk a day, everything else is out of a sippy cup or cup and straw.

Lucy would let me brush her teeth all day if I could, I have never had an issue, she gets them done after breaky and dinner.

Aden was potty trained at 2, so I dont think its too early to start. Lucy sits on the potty when we go to the toilet (tmi) but its gets them used to knowing what we do in that room... IYKWIM.....

I am venturing out today, have to go and get the essentials like nappies and food.... so dont feel like it, Lucy and I have both been sick this week. The Dr made me take a week off work laughing2.gif

Best go, just found a bag of melting crayons.... I tell them to put thier things away..... crayons next to the heater is just not the right spot....

#19 Maggie1975

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

hi

bottles - approx 3 a day sometimes a 4th at about 11pm
naps - has just the one now for a couple of hours any time from 12pm onwards.. all depends what we're doing as to what time he goes down.
talking - mum, dad, bub, nanny, buh bye, moo (cow noise), does the action for fish, gaga (grandad), boo, uh oh, up there, car, ta and when im changing him he reaches for his boy bits and says "geng" lol

Xander also does baby sign language too which helps a lot.  He says "drink/bottle" by opening and shutting his hand.  Says "bath" by rubbing his tummy up n down.  Says "more" by bringing his finger tips together a few times.  Says "eat" by putting his fingers to his mouth.  Will try and get a video of him doing some when I think of it...

anyway... we're getting the train down to Melb on Sunday.  Just for the day.  Ive got a photo job to do so taking the kids to the zoo at the same time.  Going to be a LONG day... train leaves at 4am, gets to Melb at 7:30am.. then we come home on the 8pm train which gets in just after 11pm then we have to drive home!!  So will be after midnight before we're in and snuggled in bed!  Im tired just thinking about it lol

#20 Becca1605

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

waves.gif

Argh had something really interesting to say and forgot doh!

Jo - that's great speaking by Lucy!

Carmen - wow such a long day - I hope you all have a ball!

#21 trying4no2

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

Levi is sick. 40 degree temperature. It always freaks me out. Not sure if I should take him to the hospital or just see how he goes. Have given him panodol all day and tried to cool him down. Guess I will just see how he goes over the next couple of hours.

#22 NoReflection

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

that sucks beck! unfortunately most ED's will either turn you away or make you wait hours unless he is over 41c. (in my experience.) Is there a clinic you can take him to?

#23 Becca1605

Posted 26 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

Beck - ohh noo - how is Levi today?

Savannah was a cutie this morning...I said to her, I'm going to go brush my teeth, and she followed me to my bathroom doing the teeth brushing action.  So cute.  She certainly understands a lot.

#24 trying4no2

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

Thank you. I took Levi to the dr today. He has a middle ear infection. Temperature is down and we have had two lots of atibotics so hopefully he is feeling better in the morning. I really have to go to work tomorrow so have to take him to kindy. I am hoping I can get all the urgent stuff done early so if he needs picking up I can just leave.

That is really cute Becca, it is amazing how much they know and understand already. Levi sits on the bench and we brush our teeth together every morning and night.

I better go, going to try and get a couple of hours sleep in before levi wakes me up.

Sleep tight all.

#25 CandysFamily

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:57 PM

We are getting slack Ladies.
How are we all?
I am up with two kids not happy about having needles today.  And since I was up all night yesterday I think I am doing rather AWESOMELY to be functioning right now.
It is husbands birthday in five minutes. I hope he doesn't wake when I eventually get to bed, as I know he will be expecting something.  rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.