September 05 Parents # 397

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#26 Kay1

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:01 AM

LOL, yeah I guess that makes sense Sharon. We were reading his bedtime story last night and there was a bit written in mirror writing. You are supposed to hold it up to a mirror to work it out but Nate just read it to us. DH and I were looking at each other like "Wha??" laughing2.gif

#27 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

lol!  Hannah writes her name backwards at times.  She also flips one of the "N"'s.  You have to see her doing it to know, though... lol!

#28 Kay1

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

Yeah Nate does it too at times with his N. If he runs out of room he'll put the e at the front so it says eNat LOL.

#29 mirandarine

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:09 PM

I cant remember my photo bucket logon so I have uploaded C's drawing to FB instead. Pic of a horse with no tail biggrin.gif

#30 Kay1

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:36 PM

V cute Miranda. biggrin.gif

#31 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

The school I was hoping to send Damian to next year was on the news last night - first it was an unidentified projectile that went through a class room window, now its been confirmed that it was a bullet

unsure.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif  

Then I also heard that last year the school was in lock down during a bad neighbour dispute unsure.gif

I know this can happen anywhere but did it have to be there!  Fingers crossed he gets into the other school which we're slightly out of area for sad.gif

#32 Titania

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

**** Lynny!

I'd be moving, that's horrible. sad.gif

#33 Kay1

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:32 PM

Holy crap Lynny. ohmy.gif Let's hope he gets into the other one.

#34 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

Moving isnt an option atm cry1.gif  

I couldnt help but have a little sob when I heard the news sad.gif  I really really liked that school and got a good vibe off them.  Having said that, the other school that we're slightly out of area for has got a much better reputation as far as education goes.

I rang the out of area school and they said Damian's got a very good chance of getting in but I wont find out for sure till October!

#35 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:28 AM

from this mornings local paper - still dont want to send him there tho  sad.gif

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5278...mp;id=551996921

#36 Kay1

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:50 AM

Argh, just when I think Leo's tantrums can't get any worse he reaches a whole new level.

Nate had his first trial session of soccer today. Now he almost every day from preschool comes home crying because Hunter is faster than him etc - last week he scratched Hunter's face out of sheer frustration because he kept beating Nate in the running races and "wouldn't even let me win one".

Anyway guess who does soccer, yep, Hunter. sad.gif

He was fine during the ball skills part, had a ball and listened so well etc. He actually did rather well too, but then when they played a 'game' he just lost it completely. Too much bumping etc, his sensory issues kick in. Also not being fast enough. Not sure if we'll continue - although I did meet a lot of local mums which was good.

Leo of course had a total meltdown, granted the session was 1.5 hours and he got bored. He puts up such a performance everyone keeps asking me what's wrong with him. I am so used to it I just stay calm and carry on as best I can but I'm starting to really wonder if its normal. The OT witnessed a meltdown the other day and was quite horrified.

Sigh - better go, he's still going.

#37 Titania

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

Kay, I sympathise. G was more naughty than anything - but the tantrums and the constant high pitched shrieking were dreadful - just appalling - especially in the supermarket. Awful and embarrassing. He is a LOT better now though, at last (still naughty lol) - I'm sure Leo will grow out of it eventually too (sounds totally normal to me).

Edited by Titania, 23 July 2010 - 12:31 PM.

#38 Kay1

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

I am not one to feel embarrassed by tantrums generally but its just so damn annoying. I couldn't even say goodbye to the mums I'd met properly or talk to the teacher about whether we can stay in that class - all I can do is try and hold him under one arm and get him in the car (which involves brute strength). Argh, freakin toddlers!

#39 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:22 PM

I remember Damian going through a stage like that sad.gif  At one point we just stayed home and avoided social gatherings/bbq's etc..  You either go out and have a nice kid but tantrums when you want to leave or nothing but tantrums which force you to leave early and as soon as he's strapped in his carseat the tantrums would stop (or escalate).  Never took him to the shops with me unless I had no choice.. Touch wood Emily hasnt quite been that bad yet.. unsure.gif

#40 Kay1

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:06 PM

Exactly Lynny!!

#41 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

I couldn't even say goodbye to the mums I'd met properly or talk to the teacher about whether we can stay in that class - all I can do is try and hold him under one arm and get him in the car

^^ This is what used to do my head in the most..  wacko.gif

#42 Titania

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:02 PM

That's the same thing for me - but in our case it's because G is constantly running off and doing something naughty and then if restrained - chucks a total fit. He's a runner - and he does it on purpose. Today was the first time I've braved the supermarket with both of them for weeks - probably months. G is too big for the trolley now - but today, after he ran off (BIG supermarket) for the umpteenth time, I had to put him in the trolley, and continue shopping with him having a breakdown for ten minutes. I just ignored it. Seems that's starting to pay off. Thank goodness L is better behaved. That being said - he is more fragile (sensitive), and completely falls apart about the most trivial things - especially when tired - he has major breakdowns.

Yes, conversation wasn't possible here until recently. I don't even bother answering the phone most of the time. G's favorite thing to do if I do happen to be on the phone is to chase me all over the house and shriek at the top of his lungs. For this reason, I only make phone calls when DH is home (and even then, G has to be restrained, and chucks a wobbly). But, yes, things are getting better. Lol. rolleyes.gif

#43 Titania

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

And haha at 'brute strength'.  laugh.gif It's actually physically impossible for me to restrain G (I can't even carry him for long) - and even DH has trouble. Little bugger. original.gif

#44 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

blush.gif  Toby doesn't throw tantrums.  He has been sent to sit on his bed twice today because I asked him to do something, and he didn't like it so he threw what he was holding on the floor and said "No." (like, he said "no" once each time).  That is him at his worst.  Well - not counting overtired crying and whinging, but that is more to do with me asking too much of him (like out late or something).

Hannah has screamed one end of the shopping centre to the other (shrill, had people literally blocking their ears as we walked past) and similar such moments.  Headbutting the floor during tantrums, and, well, had 2 year old tantrums.  Really glad she was the first child - I think it would have been a big shock had it come after Toby!

Edited by ~*Sharon*~, 23 July 2010 - 06:36 PM.

#45 Titania

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:03 PM

Heh... Kids are all just so different. Anyone who'd had a really easy kid to begin with - would almost certainly find G pretty hard going (I always have comments when we are out - 'oh they must keep you on your toes,' etc). But in comparison to L, he's at least always been a relatively good sleeper (but I know others might rate him as a really bad sleeper) - so yes, they each have presented a different set of challenges. But I find all this so much easier to deal with, than the long months of scream filled nights, extreme sleep deprivation, and L's distress. Looking back, I honestly don't know how we/I got through it all, and I guess it makes G easier to deal with, when not having only 4 hours broken sleep every night.

#46 Kay1

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

I guess that's what's keeping me sane too T. Much less than what you had with L, but Leo was just such a terrible sleeper in the first few months and screamed NON bloody stop, even when feeding etc that now that he is a brilliant sleeper I still think he's 'easy'.

Honestly though, sometimes I get these looks like people have never seen a toddler tantrum before. rolleyes.gif It is inconvenient and I do feel sorry for Nate having to put up with it because he can't even be heard over it and I eventually get crabby etc.  Oh and I would rather a tantrumer than a runner!! Nate used to run and that was hard enough, don't know how I'd cope with another child to look after. So far - fingers crossed - he doesn't run.

Better go, Nate's trial tennis lesson today. original.gif

#47 bellemae

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

Morning!

biggrin.gif Sorry, I've been kinda MIA lately...we have a Japanese high school girl staying with us for a few weeks (one more week), it's been great. She's here to study English (her English is already fantastic!). She's just lovely, really nice to have around, the kids love her too original.gif She's been using my computer most evenings which is why I've not been here as much.

Oh, Kai wrote a letter this morning to my mum and I think it's fantastic, so I wanted to share - The Letter

Ah, better go...think we're taking her out to the markets and we've gotta leave soon....

#48 Kay1

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

How gorgeous Belle. original.gif

Boring weekend here. Had some people over for brunch but not much else happening. yyawn.gif

#49 mirandarine

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

What a lovely letter Belle. Im sure your mum will treasure it <3

Busy weekend here, took girls to a play centre yesterday, both were having a great time, I read a couple of magazines, had a GREAT coffee, ready to wrap up and C loudly protests that  "This boy has been picking on me mum. Make him say sorry!!" She held his hand and led him over to me. He was red faced and embarrassed as was I!!! What was I meant to say/ do?! LOL! I just said, "Its awful when people pick on one another isnt it? Best not do that anymore"
And made a hasty exit stage left.....

HOME TIME GIRLS!!!!!!!!

#50 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 26 July 2010 - 09:01 AM

Belle - OMG! Kai is so clever - you really need to stop feeding him so much chicken! wink.gif  Tounge1.gif

Miranda - LOL!

Kay
- wow tennis! Hope Nate enjoys himself original.gif

I can't post too much more sorry.  Weekend from hell  :S  Got a trampoline through Kmart online (I'm sure the price was a stuff up!) $189 for a 10ft one - $10 delivery :shock:  It was a right pain to put together but so worth it.. kids have been having a ball on it (and doing just as much fighting! rolleyes.gif )

DH's friend from NZ is coming over on friday and this place is a bombsite! Just have not been able to lift a finger around here - bubs has been a bit demanding, then when I do get a chance to sit down the other two start playing up.  Anyway - Damo's at CC so I better get stuck into some cleaning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.