September 05 Parents # 397

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#51 mirandarine

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

Wow thats a fantastic price Lynny. Ive been looking at them during the toy sales and cheapest I have found is $199 for an 8ft one.
Sadly, that is the biggest that would fit in our postage stamp backyard.
One day Ill have a big backyard or at least back onto a lovely big park!
Both girls home all week with throat infections and cough at night.
Yesterday Martin had the day off work as he was sick- and you guessed it, today is my turn sad.gif
DVD's on the lounge for me. Girls are 90% better today. Thank heavens. Nothing worse when we are all miserable together!

#52 Kay1

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

Hope you feel better soon Miranda. bbighug.gif

Well we had the Open Day at the other school today. This is the one further away and as we suspected we were really impressed. I'm going to have a meeting with the deputy head in charge of K-2 so we can make a final decision. They have a further information night in October but I want to have made the decision before then.

Major drawback with this school is none of Nate's friends will be going there - not such a big issue as he will make friends I know. Also the driving/parking as opposed to a 2 minute walk. But everything else just seems so much better suited to him. I keep trying to factor Leo in as well but its just too hard to know what he'll be like so I am just going to focus on Nate. original.gif

#53 Kay1

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

Eek, off to have Leo's boy bits ultrasounded. Ain't that just going to be a barrel of laughs. wacko.gif

#54 mirandarine

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

Got with your gut feeling about the school Kay. I find that is generally the best indicator. If you feel safe/ happy then surely your children will too.

Is the ultrasound re the smegma situation or something else? Oh and Im not sure if I told you about my nephew- but his issue was exactly that...

Charlotte has school photos tomorrow, it is such a big deal for her! She told the lady in P.Patch today that she "needs" the new outfir for her photos and *this* is how she is going to smile! LOL she is so excited over it. For someone who is usually quite shy with strangers it was hilarious original.gif

#55 Titania

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

Haha Miranda - that's funny. L was oblivious to his. rolleyes.gif

Kay - how's leo's dangley bits?

#56 Kay1

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

LOL Miranda, Nate was oblivious to his too. Just got them back today actually. So cute.

Ultrasound went amazingly well thanks to the iPhone. Nothing but a few giggles when they tickled his bits. Doc said its just 'boy murk' LOL and nothing to be worried about. Phew. Glad your nephew's was the same Miranda. I did think that's what Leo's was and the paed  agreed but also said it was the biggest one (lump laughing2.gif) he'd ever seen laughing2.gif so wanted to rule out anything else.

Edited by Kay1, 29 July 2010 - 08:34 PM.

#57 Titania

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:35 AM

No more dummy, no more little squirt, going to start selling the training pants soon. sad.gif My baby's growing up.

#58 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

No more dummy, no more little squirt, going to start selling the training pants soon. sad.gif My baby's growing up.

sad.gif  I still can't believe that a week from now Damo will be 5  ohmy.gif

Kay - awesome news about the scan.  original.gif  I hear you on the school front - such a hard decision to make sad.gif

Miranda - hope you feel better soon!  worlds smallest backyard here as well - I think we shouldve gone with the 8ft trampoline - there is literally no grass left to play on now

Us - nothing exciting happening over here.. having trouble keeping on top of things atm wacko.gif  DH's friend from NZ is coming over tomorrow for a couple of nights - reaaaally not looking forward to it.  ninja.gif

hows this for hilarious... Emily can draw a better smiley face than Damian! LOL  I must upload pics on FB..

Oh I got the implanon implant wednesday!  didnt hurt but it's hurting now! cry1.gif  I have a horrible feeling it's making me feel a bit feral unsure.gif I have been really snappy at Damian and feel stressed out..  I think I might be stressed because of DH's friend coming over and worrying about running "a perfect household" while he's here but I guess I wont know for sure until he's gone.. I can also feel it when I lift heavy things or when I move my arm too fast sick.gif  or when I'm leaning bubs against that arm in bed at night.. I'm hoping it'll all settle down soon but I dunno.. think I made a huge mistake unsure.gif shrug.gif

anywho.. i want to brave the shops and layby a few things for the kids.. hope everyone's keeping well!

Edited by ~~Lynny~~, 30 July 2010 - 10:01 AM.

#59 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (~~Lynny~~ @ 30/07/2010, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sad.gif  I still can't believe that a week from now Damo will be 5  ohmy.gif

I was thinking about that this morning!!  That has come around so fast!

Kay - glad everything is OK with Leo, and he was not bothered by the exam!

T - would you like to come over and train Toby for me too?  He has no interest.

Belle - that letter is fantastic! biggrin.gif

I am just ignoring all the trampoline talk.  ffear.gif

Miranda - lol at Charlotte.  Hannah HATES having her photo taken.  Great for me.  The photographer with NO photos of her kids! lol.

AFM - Hannah is now enrolled in school for next year, things are just generally busy.  I am trying to talk DH into another baby ( ohmy.gif ) after a "could have been oops" last month.  I ended up a day and a half late with a whole host of IPS... but apparently not. sad.gif  But if we were to start trying around the middle of next year it could work out really nicely timing wise - Toby would be going into 4 year old kinder (ohmy.gif ohmy.gif) and Hannah would be well settled into school... so it would be fairly easy to work with just one at home part of the time...  I am not sure DH is going to come around to the idea, though.  He is currently talking vasectomy instead.  rant.gif

Toby is still doing awesomely at care, despite a small mishap this week - I had to get in touch after I saw him climb to the top of the big playground equipment, slide down the slide, bump his head and start crying, then have to go and find someone because he was upset, as both of the carers outside were distracted with other things. sad.gif  The equipment is BIG and kids should not have access to it unsupervised - more because a fall from the top could lead to serious injury, and I was the only person who was even aware that he had been on it! ohmy.gif  It has all been sorted now, though, and they have spoken to the staff in the room about the importance of having the yard set up before the kids go outside.

Gotta run - Hannah needs a costume for a party tomorrow morning, so I need to duck out to the shops to pick something up.

Edited by ~*Sharon*~, 30 July 2010 - 11:30 AM.

#60 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:21 PM

Awesomeness Sharon!! ddance.gif  I hope DH gives you the go ahead for #3 original.gif  

If I wasnt so impatient I would have liked to have put it off till Damo was at school.  So glad to hear Toby is okay - how scary though!  My CC has been pretty good but they are getting a little bit slack..  dont always notice me when I pick the kids up.  DH reckons when he picked them up a few times that they didnt notice him unsure.gif Could just as well have been some complete stranger..

Speaking of number threes..  I think mine is going to end up a red head like Emily much to DH's amusement roll2.gif The hair on the back of his head is quite dark but they lose those eventually dont they?  and his eyebrows are red - the new fine hairs on the top of his head look a bit red.  I love it wub.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by ~~Lynny~~, 30 July 2010 - 01:23 PM.

#61 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

Lol lynny - I am blaming you!! If you had not gone back for a third I might have been ok with the idea of two. But now you have your third I am feeling like I really am not quite finished!!

#62 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

roll2.gif  Dont blame me! laughing2.gif  it is just your natural urge to be my twin thats kicking in wink.gif  Tounge1.gif   laugh.gif

3 is a good number I think..  after Emily I still kinda felt a bit like something was missing.. but now that I've got AJ I'm definitely happy with the number of kids I have and can quite comfortably say my family is "complete" - the pregnancy part I'll miss, the flutters, kicks etc but after having a rather horrible birth/recovery I am well and truely scared into not having anymore..

#63 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

I think a lot of what has me wanting another one is that I am yet to have "my" newborn experience.  Hannah was in the SCN or else being passed around 50-million other people, and when she was a newborn I was so focussed on encouraging the bond between her and Stuart that she was never really just "my" new baby.

Toby was 3 weeks in the SCN before I was even able to have more than an hour or two of just quiet bonding time with him. sad.gif

Plus having a chance to have a single child again (while the others are at kinder/school), really just enjoy all of it without the stress of juggling 2 kids all day...

#64 Kay1

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:07 PM

Lynny - Hmm that is not good about CC security. Ours is very cautious. They won't let you in unless they see you through the window or ask who you are on the intercom.

T - Awww...no more bubby cry1.gif No more nappies, no more (well hopefully not too many more) broken nights!! original.gif And lots of exciting stages to come.

As for #3 well I'm definitely keen. ninja.gif Unfortunately DH is not liking his new job and is not willing to even discuss it until his career is all sorted - by which time I"m afraid I'll be over it. I don't want a huge gap. I'm not sure he'd agree even if things were sorted work wise, he is just not that keen. sad.gif Anyway if not I want him to have the snip asap because the pill is giving me migraines and I hate it. The potential of having another baby is another reason I am finding it hard to make the school decision - would be so much easier to walk with the 2 in the pram for 2 minutes rather than get them in car, drive to school, park, walk, pram etc etc....

Well Nate did super well at soccer today. He didn't even get upset during the game part. I learned from my error and put Leo's rainproof overalls on and took trucks for him to play in the mud with and he was happy. biggrin.gif I met a really nice mum there and her little 19 month old girl is deaf and has developmental delays because of a virus the mum had while pregnant (and didn't even know it) sad.gif. She's such a sweet little girl but hearing a story like that scares me I must admit.

One more thing to worry about - Nate has developed a terrible squint when he's watching tv or even in group time at preschool. He pulls these terrible gorilla faces. He can't tell me why. I think maybe its when he's tired but it looks really bad. Not sure if I should take him to the GP. He had his sight tested 6 months ago and it was perfect - but DH is very short sighted so maybe it is his eyes. However sitting closer to the tvs doesn't seem to help. unsure.gif

#65 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

Kay - Hannah was only about 6 months from her first test to when she got glasses, and at the first test they had said that she may need glasses in the future, but her vision was fine for the time being... so definitely get it tested!

#66 Titania

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

Really quickly...

All this new baby talk is making me sad. sad.gif

Sharon - I too never had a 'newborn' bonding time - with both boys in SCN/NICU - and not even being able to hold G at all for around a week. On top of terrible pregnancies - and the awful situation with G's birth.. yes, I regret the deprivation of those times, and I understand how that could make you desire another baby.
Getting over it here, finally though - and just thank dog that my beautiful boys are with us - and in the grand scheme, relatively healthy (have our moments, obviously).

Na, I'll leave you to TT Toby, lol. G has been SO much easier about it. And wow - what a trooper about the dummy. I can't get over it.

Kay - hehe - Leo may not being going in the stroller at all, by the time a new baby comes along wink.gif  G, 2yrs 9 months - hasn't been in the stroller for months and walks everywhere - trooper. Good thing - too heavy too carry.

#67 butterflies

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

just popping in to say Hi!! and to tell you our holiday was fantastic

I will upload photos to FB soon.

As for the other family splitting, I think when DH's friend told DH they had just got sh*ty and decided that's what they would do, but they are trying to work it all out.

I hope for their kids sake they do.

as for cluckiness I held a one week old baby today, my friend's 5th boy!! he is sooo tiny, only 6 pound somthing, so much smaller than her others all 9-10 pounders, and so much smaller than any of mine, he was jsut tiny!!

My mum had a reading a few weeks back and the lady said that I will have another baby, another girl!! bahahaha.

good night

#68 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:54 AM

I can totally understand where you guys are coming from T and Sharon.  Eventhough Damian's situation wasnt quite so bad, having to leave him behind in hospital for 2.5 weeks and having limited cuddle time killed me sad.gif  

I must say the one thing that annoys me about having 3 kids is the attitude you get from some people as soon as they hear how many you've got!  3 is a lot but it's not 6 or 15! aannoyed.gif

Kay - Glad to hear Nate had fun!  How sad for your friends little daughter though sad.gif

Karina - I dont want to see your holiday photos! I am too jealous LOL laughing2.gif  interesting reading your mum had - have you got something to tell us?? Tounge1.gif

argh want to type more but the kids have decided that today is a good day to go feral rolleyes.gif  DH's friend is due any minute now - I am cringing at the thought of controlling 2 kids inside the house with a guest here as well - why did the weather have to be so yuck today sad.gif  Can't even kick the kids outside to play..

#69 Kay1

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

Argh, Nate's squinting and blinking is really really bad now cry1.gif . He's doing it all the time. Today I asked him why and he said "Because my brain is inflexible and can't think properly". huh.gif Think I'll have to take him to the doctor this week. Need to anyway to get a mental health plan so we can get some money back for OT - our PHI has run out for that and at $135 a session its just too much to continue unless we are getting something back.

Lynny - Good luck with your visitor. TV is your friend.

Karina - I hope your friends do work it out and I'm SO glad you had a lovely holiday. I have another friend heading to Outrigger on Monday. original.gif

And for Mel - Sorry I missed it but HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDDIE!!! I hope he had a wonderful day and was spoilt by his big brothers. I cannot believe he's 1 though.  ohmy.gif

#70 mirandarine

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:51 PM

Kay- just a thought re Nates squinting. Have him looked at by an optometrist that deals with behavioural optometry and not just a regular optometrist. They deal with muscular vision issues as well as learnt behaviours ( most are learnt without any "doing" by the individual per se.)
This is the optometrist I see:
http://www.harmonyvisioncare.com.au/
I 100% believe in, suppot and have myself been treated by this type of optometry. What you decribe in Nate does sound ( to me- and yes I am not qualified in this! lol) like a behaviour that can be rectified quite easily. The earlier it is detected the better too.

#71 Kay1

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

Thanks Miranda. Will look into it. original.gif

#72 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

Quiet in here!

Kay - I meant to say the other day that the CC does have a front door that is kept locked at all times - you have to buzz and let them know who you are before the door gets opened, I just think it's weird that no one bothers to keep an eye out for you when you enter the play area etc..  it doesnt happen all the time but a fair bit..  :/

kids are off to bed soon yay!

bub slept from 9:30 to 6 this morning without so much as a peep!  blessed with another good sleeper  I think original.gif  Except for Damian - for the last couple of months (if not more) he has been kicking me out of the bed so he can sleep next to DH.. aannoyed.gif  I feel like locking him out sometimes but I dont feel like a big tantrum/performance in the middle of the night..  glare.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.