• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#1 GeraniumQueen

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:12 PM

New thread time Ladies

#2 spring08

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:25 PM

Woo Hoo, I'm first in the new thread!!

hi all - hope you're all doing well. We've got a big couple of weeks coming up with all the people in 2ww now.

Rose and Spock, hope your embies are proving really sticky. Rose, hope you're relaxing in your 2ww. Spock, hope you'll get to catch up on sleep on the weekend. You can't shut down that stupid subconscious can you. At least your half way through now.

Kimbar, sorry your results weren't what you hoped, but fingers crossed that you had a couple of nice embies to transfer today. I'll be sending the sticky vibes your way also. Hope you're enjoyed your break and being spoiled by your mum.

Cat, good luck with tfr on Monday - wow that's come around really quick. You're already in the 2ww also.

Shiba, when's your BT? Hoping you tested early also, and no AF at this point is a good thing.

Meggie, glad you're feeling better and good luck with your FS appt on Monday. Shame that surgery will delay things a bit, but it's good to have something for them to take action on.

Carita, has AF shown for you yet?

hi to anyone else out there.

AFM, another long weekend - off up the coast to see my family (have a naming day for a new nephew that I haven't seen yet also). Thankful that there's been enough of a gap between failed cycle and now for me to hold it together. Enjoy all and hoping for some good news next week!!!

Edited by spring08, 16 July 2010 - 02:27 PM.

#3 meggie2

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

SILVER
Have a good weekend everyone.

#4 Rangeman

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hey Girls,

Have tried to type this up about 3 times but each time it keeps disappearing on me so I'll keep it short & sweet this time.

Hello to all and sticky vibes to those in the 2ww - which would be most of us I think.....

I had 2 embies tfr'd this morning so fingers crossed.

Have a great week end girls,

Kim

#5 stillinhope

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:45 PM

Aluminmum??!!!!

Hi girls,
I also lost my very important post so too tired now to write all again ...
Just wanted to say to those in 2ww that I had serious af symptoms and was absolutly sure she was on her wAy. Also poas is too much torture, it's like the sausage Rolls in the bakery- u know u want it but will feel worse afterwards! I did one 2 days after my bt and it was very feint ..so don't think it would have shown up any earlier ... Hang in there lovlies .... Ooh also my meds messed with my poas so there was no telling...

Anyway have a great weekend, keep busy!

S x

#6 carita

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:55 PM

Lots happening in here!

Best wishes to everyone in the 2WW....wrap yourselves up in sticky tape!!

Good luck for the transfer on Monday Cat!

Thinking of you megs & spring.

Still-Those hpts are the devil I tell ya!

No AF for me yet...she's coming though!

Have a great weekend everyone.

xoxo

#7 Guest_shiba_*

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:06 PM

Still - thanks for giving me hope with your feint HPT after the BT.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my blood test on Monday!

Rose & Spock - hoping this will be our month  tthumbs.gif

Kimbar - seems like your transfer went well...sticky vibes to you too!

Have a great weekend to everyone else.

AFM BT will be on Monday and still no sign of AF.  Feeling crampy on and off all day with no IPS whatsoever this cycle.  I am so scared that other reasons could be delaying AF, other than what I'm hoping for.  For this cycle I used an ovulation trigger and I'm not on any luteal phase support/medications....so should I be so skeptical??  I don't think I can take it if the BT results turn out to be BFN.  Do you girls think I should do a HPT beforehand?

Boy, the next few days will be tough.... dry.gif

#8 Rosabella

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

I'm so far behind, new thread and everything lol

Spock - How is the 2WW treating you? I know what you mean about not sleeping well. I keep waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep. I am so tired today as I have been awake since 2am. Maybe its a good sign???? Do you think you will test before thursday?

Kimbar
- Sorry EPU didn't go as hoped. Yay for the 2 embies though. Sticky vibes for you and wishing you a relaxing 2WW.

Spring - All the best with your upcoming FET. Hope you can enjoy a relaxing weekend with the family and the naming day isn't too hard for you.

Shiba - Welcome. I am new here too and it has been great sharing my experience with such wonderful ladies. Good luck with your BT on Monday. I think it is a positive sign that AF has not arrived and would probably test if it was me (but I am really impatient). Hang in there and sending good vibes your way.

Carita - Bring on AF!!!

CC - Good luck for Monday's TFR. Fingers crossed for 2 excellent embies.

Still - Thanks for the advice re HPT. I want to POAS really badly but I know it is too early and will only lead to heart break. I will try to stay strong.

Hello to anyone I have missed.

ASF the 2WW is killing me. I am so tired and feel so sick. I think the sick feeling is due to the lack of sleep and possibly the progesterone prednisolone (see I do need sleep lol), which I also think could be causing the insomnia. For those that asked, the ballet was lovely and very relaxing though we had to leave at the 2nd interval cause I was going to fall asleep. My BT is on Wednesday, which is a day early due to the clinic closest to me not being open on Thursdays, so lucky me. Hope I can wait that long.

*****Child Mentioned*****
Just wanted to say that I am sorry for mentioning DSD without the proper warning in previous posts. Being new to posting I didn't even think about it. I hope that I didn't offend anyone.

Take Care Everyone
Rose

Edited by Rosabella, 17 July 2010 - 09:18 AM.

#9 Tussycat

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hi

Edited by Therese, 05 June 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#10 carita

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:04 PM

moi mwah-Welcome! Sorry to hear about your first cycle...it's so frustrating, right? My first stim cycle was exactly the same-a batch of eggs with only one blast to transfer that didn't stick. I went for another stim cycle waited a month. To be honest, with my first cycle I was more in shock that it didn't work than anything else so I was quite happy to wait a month before getting back into it. I was so naive about the whole ivf thing then...these days I'm  ready to roll on to another cycle the very next day!! Take care and good luck with the FS appointment-maybe he/she will have a new plan of attack for you!

Rosa-Come on Wed!! Waiting is the hardest part sometimes!!

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

#11 Spock

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

Hi ladies,

moi mwah, hi there! think I've posted to you before on another BG. Sorry to hear about your bfn sad.gif . I think the first is always a shock but then as carita said, you just start to get into the whole ivf thing and roll along with it all. Whether you go straight into another stim cycle probably depends on your circumstances. I went right into a stim cycle after my first m/c as my fs said my body could handle it.

rose, the ballet sounded lovely. I know what you mean about that sick feeling in the pit of your tummy....by the way your posting about your dsd was totally fine so don't feel bad.

shiba, hope af stays away. sending you lots of positive vibes.

rose and shiba, hope this is a good week for us all!

cc, goodluck with your transfer on Monday.

still, thanks for your hpt thoughts. I think I'm going to stay away from doing any hpt as just be too scared of getting a wrong result. Hope you're keeping well.

carita, thanks for your encouragement. Hope af turns up soon.

kimbar, yeah on the transfer! hope they stick.

spring and meggie, hope you're having a good weekend.

afm, poor sleep plus that queasy feeling in my tummy from nerves. Everyone now and then I start to think of my recent m/c so trying very hard to keep those sad thoughts away. Oh I'm so nervous! Thursday seems so far away...

#12 cheshire_cat

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

Hi all original.gif

Spock- hurry up Thursday! I can imagine it must be very nerve-wracking for you. Hope you get some good sleep & are able to distract yourself somehow until BT.

carita- has AF arrived yet? All this waiting is enough to drive anyone crazy.

moi mwah- welcome, but sorry your cycle didn't work sad.gif

Rosabella- hope you're coping with the 2ww as well as possible. I've heard the prednisolone has some nasty side-effects, hope they're not too bad for you.

shiba, I hope your AF doesn't arrive despite the cramps. About the testing, I would hold off for as long as possible and maybe POAS on the morning of your BT. That's what I usually do.

still- hope you are having some nice pg symptoms to ease your mind!

Kimbar- wow congrats on your two lovely embies in there! Hope your 2ww sails by. How's the house-selling going?

megs- are you still 2ww-ing? How's it treating you?

spring- oh no, a naming day! I hope it's not too heartbreaking, those days are always so emotional and obviously completely baby-centric. Hope you get through ok xx

******kids mentioned*****

DH & I had coffee yesterday and were given a table right next to this perfect little family, mum, dad, golden-haired little boy & girl and tiny newborn baby in mum's arms. DH & I both gave each other a significant glance while sitting down, and **tried** not to let ourselves feel too sad or jealous. And now today we have a family event which will be noisy with lots of people fussing over SIL & BILs baby boy. Sooooo, will be glad when that's over.

Transfer is tomorrow around noon, to be honest feeling quite pessimistic & just going through the motions. I was so snappy & irritable with the nurse who called to hassle me about the paperwork & consent forms. I just felt like, 'why do I have to bother with all that damned paperwork month after month when it's just going to turn out to be another BFN??!!'. (sorry ladies, small vent there blush.gif ).

#13 Guest_shiba_*

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

moi mwah - Welcome! I'm only new here myself but I'm sure these girls here give wonderful support

spock, rose & kimbar - Hope you're all doing ok in your 2ww...try not to cave to testing early

cheshire - Good luck to your transfer on Monday. Positive thoughts your way  original.gif

Hope everyone else is having a better day than me...

I'm back to square one.  AF arrived this morning, I'm so disappointed.  Despite all the feelings, I was beginning to think we actually had a chance.  With 2 more blasts remaining I'm ready to jump straight back in, but I feel DH is a bit hesitant...he's been quiet since I told him the bad news.  Seems like he's taking it just as hard  sad.gif

#14 cheshire_cat

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:21 AM

I'm sorry shiba sad.gif hugs to you hhugs.gif

#15 Rangeman

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

Shiba - you poor old sole, we're thinking of you.

CC - goodluck for tomorrow. Those consent forms are a pain, I mean we're here aren't we of course we friggin' consent!

Spock - I know what you mean about the nerves, they really seem to hit me about the 2am mark.  Thursday must seem like a year away.....

Rose - Good luck for Wednesday, hope you manage to get some sleep before then.

CC- good luck for tomorrow. Stupid consent forms....

Moi - a very big welcome to you.

Still - thanks for the info, you hear that some people get AF symptoms & some get none - go figure.

Carita - Has AF shown up?????

I don't THINK I missed anyone this time but if I did hello.

AFM - just slogging along the 2ww only a couple of days in so ages to go.  I have really tender boobs and cramps from the crinone but that normally passes in a few days.  I'm taking prednisone, has anyone had side effects?  I haven't yet.......

Sticky vibes to all of us in the 2ww.

#16 Rangeman

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

Don't worry about me losing the plot........2 messages for CC.........bloody 2ww making me go insane. original.gif

#17 Spock

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

hi ladies,

shiba, I'm sorry af has arrived sad.gif . Just when you think you can maybe get your hopes up...

cc, well i hope going through th motions on monday helps. sending you lots of sticky vibes.

kimbar, hoping your 2ww passes very fast and with a good result at the end. I was on prenisone for my arm auto immune problem for my last transfer. The main side effects I had were my face got a bit chubby and I put on some extra weight due to more fluid retention. It wasn't too bad really (just sounds bad).

rose, hope you're holding up okay and not losing the plot.

spring, hope the naming ceremony isn't too difficult.

carita, still, hope you're having a good weekend.

afm, i've started have af symptoms today sad.gif so getting worried. Actually had very painful cramps and I never get cramps with af (except for the m/c's). af isn't due till thrusday and is never early so have no idea why or what is going on. don't think this is going to end in happy times.

#18 cheshire_cat

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:36 PM

Yay two messages all for me!

Yes Kimbar that's exactly what I mean, we've pretty much consented to 'absolutely anything that will get us pg' at this stage, otherwise, no, I don't think I'd be lying here at an extremely uncomfortable angle with my legs in the air having my potential future children inserted into me by some guy in rubber gloves.......right? Glad it's not just me that finds the forms a pain and also kinda insulting in an obscure way.

Edited by cheshire_cat, 18 July 2010 - 06:38 PM.

#19 Tussycat

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:25 PM

Thanks

Edited by Therese, 05 June 2011 - 05:25 PM.

#20 carita

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

shiba-Well crap! Sorry to hear your news...thinking of you xoxo

CC-Best wishes tomorrow! Totally agree about the forms...they should let old timers like us just fill out a blanket consent form.

moi mwah-Yep, back on the horse! Take care of yourself and DH. This whole process can be quite stressful on a relationship I've found.

Best wishes to everyone this week with the 2WW and upcoming tests! Come on, we need some good news in here!

Still no AF for me! My cycle has never been regular but since starting ivf it's totally out of whack!

Just wondering where everyone is around the country....ACT here!

#21 Guest_shiba_*

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Thanks guys...I'm doing ok.  Still have my BT tomorrow which I'm not feeling up for.  Why do I still have to do this when I already know the outcome ( I know why, I just hate "re-living" it).  Hopefully FS will let me do another FET this cycle.  Sigh...

#22 Rangeman

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:34 AM

*****M/C Mentioned******

Hey Shiba,  I've actually stopped going for the final BT I just ring and tell them AF arrived but what i do now is, even though AF is here, I do a HPT just to be on the safe side. About a year ago i did a cycle AF turned up on the expected day so I rang the FN and said no go for me and didn't go for the BT and for the next 2 weeks i was really emotional, I just thought i wasn't coping with the BFN very well (sometimes you seem to cope better than others).  Anyway i started spotting (TMI) brown stuff but i didn't worry just though my body was playing silly buggers, well after a week of this it turned red so I thought better nick of to the FN.  MY HCG was 71, so it looked as though one emby didn't take and the other tried to.  I was actually glad i didn't go for the final BT 'cause my HCG would have been a fair bit higher and I would have thought i was preg and then been very upset a couple of weeks later to MC.

I'm in western Sydney Carita.

Thinking of you today CC.

#23 Tussycat

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:00 AM

#24 stillinhope

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

Hello to all of you lovely Ladies,

Im sorry for the AF's that have arrived...still hoping for the embies in the 2ww to be well and truly burrowed in..

I am having trouble keeping up now! I love you all but cant write much as my back is killing me..so cant sit here too long..

Just wanted to say..

Spock - cramps could be a good sign. I dont want to give u false hope but i do want you to keep hopefull...normally i dont have cramps a week before af is due either and i had bad cramps this time for ages before. This can be from implantation - apparently ur uterus starts stretching straight away...hang in there, when is your bt?

Kim - im sorry to hear your story. Although hard to have that happened, did u feel any positivity that at least something happened? i had 2 chem pregs and they made me feel that at least something different had happened and maybe one time we'd get there...
I was taking prednisolone - made me mega hungry and i think bloated and sometimes dizzy...

moi mwah - welcome to the group!

Shiba - bbighug.gif

Meggie
- how u? hope ur ok..at the fs today?

CC - good luck today

Rose - how u doing?

Spring - hope the family do was ok for u and DH...

Carita - hope ur hanging in there ok...

AFM - back is in mega pain, everything else seems to be going well?!! who knows..just mega tired all the time.

I really really really do believe that you will all get there, i know its easy for me to say but i never believed i would so if i can, then you can too..i hope thats ok to say...hang in there girls...

x S

ps. im in Melbourne..got a great fs if anyone needs a change!

#25 Rangeman

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

You can tell I'm not at work since i'm on here every 5 seconds........

Hey Still, yeah i must say I was pretty happy that i got that extra step.  When i was at the clinic for the BT i said to the FN I've got to be oneof the only people not upset that I was having an M/C.  I felt like we'd got to the next level, you know?  Now i just want it to happen again and stick this time.  Hope your back eases up soon, is there anything you can do for it?

Now I'm going to get off here, you poor girls are probably sick of seeing messages from me....hahaha....time to get back to my book and maybe make a custard tart.  Back to work on Wednesday - yuck!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.