IVF Multiple Cycles and The Long Haul BG #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#26 meggie2

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:27 PM

Hi everyone

Sorry about your result Shiba. Hope the BT wasn't too hard today.  Are you going to do another FET straight away?  

Hi CC, hope your transfer went well today.  You were doing 2 again?

Kim, Spock and Rose you all sound remarkably sane. original.gif   I have everything crossed for all of you.   Please don't worry about the cramps Spock, I think they are a really common EPS.  

Hi Still.  
I'm loving all your pg symptoms, you seem to be proceeding as per textbook!

Carita, any sign of your day 1?  

Welcome Moi Mwah.  I was in the July 2WW with you.  I'm glad you found us.   Have you had a chance to talk to your FS and come up with a next step yet?

Hi BB and everyone else.

Well, I saw my FS today and as I suspected she thinks I should have the fibroid out sad.gif - which will be just like a ceaser sad.gif  sad.gif with 5 days in hospital and then 3 - 6 weeks off work (yeah like that's going to happen).   Then I have to wait SIX MONTHS for my uterus to heal up before I can TTC again.  sad.gif  sad.gif  sad.gif .    BUT she's going to let me do 2 stim "freeze all" cycles in the meantime (probably October - December) to try to get some frosties before I turn 39.  So that's something.

Also the ultrasound people had rung her on their own and confessed about the whole fiasco, and apparently they were just devastated about it and had already had a staff meeting, so that's good.  

BTW I'm in Sydney too (lower north shore) -but my FS is in Bondi Junction - so cashed up yummy mummies wherever I go.  Yuck.  I'm off to the US for 2 weeks, but I'll try to get on EB to see how the 2WWers have gone.

xx Meggie

#27 stillinhope

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

Megs - BHell, what news that it. Im sorry luv u have to go through that. I cant believe it takes so long for recovery..
I am hopeful for you that this is a step in the right direction and then it will be your time once you are all healed up..
So are the stims after the op or before? When r u having the op?

At least you can cruise into FETs once your ready..Please please please dont give up....

Im so glad the ultrasound mob know what they did wrong - hope they refund u $$ for the experience..B idiots...

Have an amazing time away, hope u can get some R&R and distraction added to that! We'll miss u! dont drink the corrfee!

#28 stillinhope

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

ps kimbar..as if we'd get sick of new posts to read! i work from home and have eb up all the time on my browser..i check every hour and am excited to have some thing new to read and not to have to do my work!

#29 meggie2

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

Hi Still

Yeah the op is on 20 August (day before election) and so I can't actually TTC til Feb, because of strain on the uterus if when I get pg.  The actual recovery (as in "go back to the gym recovery" wink.gif ) is supposedly 6 weeks.  

But she's letting me do 2 (freeze all) stim cycles during the 6 months, so probably October and December, so the eggs will be 38 instead of 39.  That's the plan anyway.  

Yeah the ultrasound people were packing it.  I think they wanted to get their version in before I complained.  But they actually looked worse because they didn't tell the FS the full story - they missed out the bits that I was crying and the sonographer kept looking for the heartbeat, and when I told the FS that she was really cranky.  

M

#30 carita

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

meggie-Crap! Sorry to hear about the fibroid and all the drama it's bringing. That's good to hear your FS is thinking ahead though and freezing all for some stim cycles though. At least those ultrasound folks owned up to their shoddy behaviour! Thinking of you...I know you've got to be frustrated as hell at the moment. Are you headed to the states for a holiday or work? Where ya going?

Kimbar-Keep on venting and posting! That's what we're here for. How did the custard tart go? yum.

CC-How did you go today??

Shiba-I get what you're saying about 're-living' it. It's like torture!!

Hi to everyone else, Still, Spring, Spock, Rose, moi mwah, BB...did I miss anyone? Hope you're all travelling along ok. This group is really growing!!

Still no Day 1!! ughhh....that's ok, I'm sure it's soon. I was extra cranky today. Then again, maybe it was because I was back at work after the school holidays!

#31 Spock

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

hi ladies,

still, hope you have some hot water bottles to help with the back pain. It is so nice to hear you going along smoothly. Hope some of your magic dust rubs of on to us here.

cc, hope your transfer went well today and that you are now relaxing at home.

meggie, OMG! that is huge surgery and recovery time. Sounds like a wise step and ten your uterus will be ready....so 2011 will be your magic year. that's great you can build up some frosties in the mean time. I'm glad the ultrasound people are getting their just desserts! i hope they get sent to do some people skill training course.

kim, thanks for sharing your story. it is so hard with ivf because you are so acutely aware of every twinge. My first m/c was a missed m/c which only showed up when I went for the 6 week scan. It was a huge shock (plus had a hopeless sonographer resulting in a similar experience to Meggie) but I felt we had got 1 step closer to a real bfp. however having suffered 2 (possibly 3) m/c's since then....

shiba, bbighug.gif

hi to everyone else,

****possible m/c mentioned****
afm, i woke up at 4am in immense pain, felt very similar to when I suffered my 2nd m/c in May this year. there was no bleeding so I thought phew, close one. Then while the plumbers were here (I'm at home Mondays at the mo) I felt what I thought was af. I had to wait 1 hour till I could use the toilet (being fixed by said plumbers). I know this sounds crazy but all that came out was what looked like a yolk sac with a very tiny pink foetus attached. Nothing else, just a bit of bleeding. I nearly fainted from the pain and shock. It is now with a lab being analysed but my fs doesn't think it is a foetus (he hasn't actually seen it yet). so I'm out sad.gif . I think I had a minnie m/c with the way my body behaved, just felt too similar to last time. we are seeing the fs on Monday and the clinic is ringing me tomorrow to tell me what it is and to see if I still need to do a bt on thursday (waste of time now). It's weird 'cause I'm no longer in pain and no more bleeding??? I'm so confused. dh and I have just been lying on the couch feeling very sorry for ourselves.

I hope at least 1 of you in the 2ww get a bfp or I'm just going to get really depressed.

#32 meggie2

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

Oh Spock, I'm so sorry - that sounds so scary and confusing.  I hope you get some answers, and it's not what you think, or anyway you can learn something which will help you.

Hope you get some sleep.

#33 stillinhope

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

Spock - thats incredible..i cant believe it...how traumatic for you. im glad theres no more pain but still, thats a horrible thing to have to go through. My MIL had a m/c that way too...they had a little funeral and burried it in the back yard. Sounds weird i know but i think helped them to deal with it better..acknowledge and let go..
Im so sorry, poor DH he is probably so nervous of how this effects you and sad in him self too. Infertility is so hard on the Dh's / Dps in different ways to us i think...
Take care
x

#34 spring08

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

hi all,

wow you miss so much now when you're away for a few days!!

Spock - you poor thing, I really hope this is not another m/c for you hhugs.gif . It's so unfair. I hope the lab can give you some answers. be kind to yourself.

Shiba - I'm really sorry that this cycle hasn't worked again for you. It really sucks, and hope that you and your DH are taking care of yourselves and enjoying some wine/coffee/chocolate. When do you need to decide if you're doing another FET straight away?

Moi Mwah welcome, and sorry about your bfn also - hope that you're doing ok. It is scary when you realise that IVF is no magic bullet.  My FS has always said to have a month off between stims to give your body a rest - we generally don't get frosties either (only once out of 4 stims). It's horrible how those 10 or so eggs dwindle down. Good luck with your appt tomorrow - hopefully they have some suggestions of things to try next time.

Rose, only 1 more day of waiting for you - hope you're maintaining sanity and getting some sleep. Hopefully the prednisone will have the same affect for you as for Still.  Any signs one way of the other - will you test before your BT?

CC, well done on the tfr - I know what you mean about feeling it's just going through the motions, but I'm sending sticky vibes your way anyway. I do have some of the same thoughts - "Why's this one going to be any different", but sometimes it is and any chance is better than none.

Kimbar, how are you doing in the 2ww? When's your BT scheduled?? At least going back to work tomorrow will be a distraction

Meggie, wow that's a huge op - really hope that removing it is going to do the trick. It's good that you can bank up some frosties while your waiting and then roll into a big round of FETs. Have a great break in the US - fun or work?

Carita, hope that AF shows up soon - so frustrating!!! If it doesn't arrive soon will they give you drugs to bring it on, or do you want to stay natural? I'm in southern syd - bet you're having some chilly mornings in ACT!!  Hope you survived first day back at work!

Still, I agree with Spock - try a hot water bottle or a heat pack. Oh, and maybe more laying on the lounge getting DH to do stuff around the house!

**************children mentioned**************
AFM, still waiting for O.  Naming day was OK - could have done without so much of the "gift of a child" blathering from the celebrant, but I was ok with a cuddle of new nephew.  My brother and SIL also had a long road to get pg, even though she is only mid 20s, so at least I don't get the "you guys should have one" comments from them that we do from DP's family.

take care all

#35 Spock

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:12 AM

Thanks Meggie and Still, I'm waiting to hear from the clinic. dh and I have so many questions which I know can't really be answered. I slept last night because I was so physically exhausted but I don't think dh slept well at all. He is very down this morning. I was feeling so positive after our holiday and now it's back to the drawing board.

Yes, think we will have a little ceremony once we have some answers, sounds like a nice idea.

#36 cheshire_cat

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

Hi all, hmmm a bit of a sad time at the moment for a few of us sad.gif

Spock that must have been horrible, I'm so sorry you had to go through that  sad.gif I really hope you get some answers too, will be thinking of you xx.

megs, my heart went out to you too, that really is so frustrating and sad that you are being forced to have a break by a damned fibroid! I'm glad you'll be able to do some freeze-all cycles though, hope you get some nice embies from that. Hope you're feeling ok hhugs.gif

Kimbar- it's great that you're seeing the positives in what happened, I'm so sorry the embie didn't stick though  sad.gif Hoping next time will be the one!

spring, I can imagine the 'gift of a child' speech would have tugged at the heartstrings. Good that you didn't get any insensitive comments though.

still- ouch, hope your back pain eases up soon. Sounds like a good sign though, any ms?

carita--- still no AF!!?? sad.gif Must be so frustrating, I can understand you being cranky, the start of term is always hard even at the best of times.

moi mwah, rosabella, shiba, hope you're well, sorry I'm sure I've forgotten people??

Anyway, I had my transfer yesterday and was relieved that our two remaining embies both thawed well, so we've put them both back. I'm trying not to get too optimistic as it always makes the come-down even worse. Hopefully I can get through the next two weeks with a bit of distraction.

Edited by cheshire_cat, 20 July 2010 - 11:49 AM.

#37 Rangeman

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:57 PM

Oh Spock, that's just so bloody sh*t you poor thing - there are no words.  Thinking of you.

Meggie - It's a long time to wait isn't it - why can't any of this journey be easy for us.  Hopefully your FS will ahve a nice little chat with the ultrasound people.

CC - Glad everything went well for you and your 2 little embies, lets hope they've got a grip and stay!  And you're right there's not much good going on in here at the moment hopefully our luck will turn......

Spring - Glad the cermony wasn't too bad for you and no one gave you any stupid lines.

Still - Hows' your back going?

Hi to Carita, Moi, Rose & Shiba.

Barrenbird - you out there anywhere??????

AFM - Nothing to report I've got some pretty bad cramps going on it woke me up in the middle of the night so i took a panadeine.  I'm having the crinone in the morning & at night so that's what's causing it I'm sure.  I'm feeling a bit sooky today so I dare say that AF is on her merry way.  Back to work tomorrow arrghhh.  I keep looking at the house and thinking i really should clean but it's my last day so I'll keep slothing on the lounge with my book and be disgusted with my lazy self later......

#38 Spock

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

hi ladies,

kimbar, enjoy your last day at home - except for the cramps. A good book sounds lovely.

cc, hope you're able to relax and lots to distract you now.

rose, hope af is staying away for you, we need some good news in this group.

hi everyone else,

well it looks like af has definately arrived today sad.gif so unfortunately yesterday's events weren't a bad dream. My clinic hasn't heard back from the lab yet so I still have lots of unanswered questions. Only good thing is I'm not in anymore pain. dh and I have put some questions together to ask the fs on Monday. I'm just glad I don't work Mondays and Tuesdays at the moment so I can hide away.

#39 meggie2

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:51 PM

Oh Spocky sorry.  Hope the FS has some answers on Monday, and you get through the week OK.

Well done on your transfer CC.  Its awesome they both thawed out well.  

Hang in there Rose and Kim.  

Hiya everyone else.  Spring is in the air.  OK my latest scientific find (and this is a bit out there I admit) is that IVF works better the more daylight you get (something to do with melotonin) so I want everyone to get out there and soak up some winter rays....

Do you think we need a list to keep track of ourselves and where we are up to?  I don't really want one cos I will be in a holding pattern for 6 months, and it will just be depressing - what does everyone else think?

Off to the USA tomorrow yay.  Had to send my cats to the boarding kennel today sad.gif .  They are both monsters (9kgs each and just huge, not fat) and it was a real battle to get them into the carriers.   They'll probably come back even bigger from lack of exercise.

M

#40 cheshire_cat

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

Wow megs, bon voyage! Have a great time in the USA, hope you get a few spare moments to check in with us original.gif

Spock, sorry about af sad.gif Glad you're no longer in pain though.

#41 Guest_shiba_*

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

Sorry I've been MIA and thanks for all the well wishes. Wow so much to catch up.

Spock - So sorry to hear that you went through such a terrible ordeal and to have AF arriving yet again. Try to take it easy the next few days and hope you get some answers with your FS.  Take care  hhugs.gif

Meggie - Sometimes a mandatory wait could be a good thing (even though it doesn't seem like it right now).  When I did my lap surgery it put my cycle all out of whack, but the time taken to return to normal was a time to heal mentally as well.  Glad to hear that you can fit two more stim cycles in to get some frosties.  At least you know your body will be at its tip top when you are ready to start again.  

CC and Kimbar - sticky vibes your way

Rose - thinking of you and hoping you all the best for your BT

Hope everyone else is well.

AFM I'm jumping straight in to the next FET.  My FS suggested that I do my transfer under GA this time as they always have difficulty putting in the catheter.   Last time they had to use a clamp to "steady" my cervix, which hurt like hell!!  I'm hoping he could use a local instead as I recover pretty poorly after a general...I'll have to discuss with him next time I see him.

#42 Rosabella

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

Where to start? I don't even really what to say. I can't believe what has been happening to everyone.

Spock - There are no words. What a horrible thing to have to go through. I am glad to hear you are no longer in any pain (physically, cause I'm sure the emotional pain is still very strong). I pray your FS has some answers for you on Monday.

Meggie - Good news and bad news all in one hit. While I am sad for you that you have to wait so long before trying again I hope that you can have a nice break from all of the stress of AC and recover well from your surgery. Your holiday will be a fantastic way to start. I'm sure that you are on the right track now and that BFP is waiting for you in the new year.

Kimbar - Fingers are crossed for you. I hope the dreaded AF stays away. When is your BT?

CC
- Congrats on the two embies yay. Wishing you a stress free 2WW original.gif

Moi mwah - Welcome, this is a great group of people and such a comfort to share this horrible journey with.

Shiba - Sorry about AF arriving but I have everything crossed for your upcoming FET. One of us has to get some good news soon!!

Carita - I am from SA. Still no day 1??? That sucks.

Still - I hope the back pain has eased.

Spring - How are you going? Glad the naming day wasn't too bad.

Did I miss anyone??? Sorry if I did. I think Meggie's idea of a list to keep track of everyone is a good idea original.gif

AFM I'm not sure how I am feeling at the moment. One minute I feel like AF is coming the next I don't. I had a huge melt down with DH the other night, feeling so sorry for myself. Probably cause I still can't sleep. He keeps telling me that it isn't over yet so don't give up hope. I am thinking that I will test tomorrow so that it will take some pressure off for the dreaded phone call.
***Pregnancy Mentioned***
A friend of mine got a BFP today after her first cycle of IVF. I am so happy for her but feel so crappy that it can't be that easy for all of us. Before I started back at the FC this time a friend and I went to see a psychic. I know its silly but she told my friend that the above mentioned IVF would work first go and told me that the next time I tried IVF it would be a success. I guess tomorrow I will know.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
Take Care

#43 Spock

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

hi Rose, hang in there, I hope the physic is right. sending you lots of positive thoughts.

Carita, I think you might be posting at the same time as me! Hope you are well. I'm from the inner west in Sydney.

Meggie, have a great trip. I felt so 'refreshed' after my trip to Japan so hoping USA does the same for you.

Shiba, when will your transfer be? GA makes me woozy too.

goodnight everyone and thanks for being so supportive. I felt a bit bad after posting in such detail as I'm sure you all don't want to know too much. I also don't want to scare anyone.

#44 carita

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:28 PM

You know what I love about this group? I love the support and reality check at the same time. No one seems to be afraid to say "well that just sucks". I do like that!

CC-Glad to hear the thaw went well. Best wishes for the 2ww...stay positive...I know easier said than done! Do you have anything special planned to help you get through the wait?

Spock-So sorry to hear your news. That experience must have been traumatic. Thinking of you. I hope the clinic is in touch with some answers soon.

Meggie-Where are you off to in the states?  ninja.gif I admit it...I'm a yank! Moved here about 10 years ago.
I always get just a tiny bit homesick when a cycle crashes and burns on us.

Moi mwah-Hope the appointment goes ok. I always feel better after a visit to the FS. I ask about a million and one silly questions but he always takes it in stride.

Kimbar-Reading anything good? Don't beat yourself up over feeling lazy...sloth is my preferred mode for 2wws!

Rose-Whoa! I've never even thought of going to a psychic in regards to ivf! What was it like?

Shiba-Never heard of a jumpy cervix. I bet that did hurt! Good on ya for jumping right back on the wagon.

Still-Can you get anything for the back pain? I agree with the others, try some heat packs. I love those things.

Spring-I'll probably stay natural for now. I'm actually feeling a bit normal these days, so I'm not too excited about taking some meds again. As much as I'm wanting to get started on the cycle, I'm also dreading it because I know what a total emotional witch I turn into!!  You're a stronger woman than me cuddling the nephew. I've been known not to even be able to look at cute bubs.

Take care all! xoxo

bb-Helloooooooooo? Where are ya?

#45 stillinhope

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:10 AM

I like lists!

Should i do it? since i enticed you all here with my ivf sob story, i do feel somewhat responsible!!!

Must admit i am struggling to keep up and the weird side effect of bby brain has already kicked in...

What would you want the list to include?

Name
Stage of IVF - eg 2ww, waiting to FET, Stim etc...anything else?

#46 Spock

Posted 21 July 2010 - 11:01 AM

how about also whether any frozen emies in the bank?

#47 Rosabella

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

I'm out ladies. Just got the call. AF will be here any day now sad.gif Feel pretty crappy but I will get over it. Will post again later when I feel better.

#48 stillinhope

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:53 PM

Rose ddown.gif im sorry...take care xo

#49 spring08

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:58 PM

Rose I'm sorry - I know there's nothing that helps now, but this just isn't fair  ssorry.gif . Hope that you can head home early today. take care of yourself
xoxo

#50 Spock

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

Rose, I'm so sorry. sad.gif . This is so sh**. Take care of yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.