IVF Multiple Cycles and The Long Haul BG #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#51 carita

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:35 PM

Rose-Well crap! I'm sorry to hear the news. Take care of yourself. Are you taking a bit of time off work?

Meggie-Enjoy the trip!! Can I sneak in your bag?

moi mwah-Hehe...long story...ok, not really. I met an Aussie....ummm...yep, online and ten years later, here I am!! I still don't think my folks have recovered! Actually I'm from the south but have spent some time up north and don't believe a word about how terrible true yankees are!

Hi everyone, hope you're all well!

#52 Rangeman

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

Rose - how you holding up, besides really, really crappy..... Thinking of you.

Carita - had we known you were a yank we definately wouldn't have let you join us hahaha.  I did a Contiki tour of the states about 6 years ago we went from LA to NY all through the south and I LOVED it.  I even got married in Hawaii a few years ago.

Meggie - have an awesome holiday I am so so jealous.

Moi - Good on you for getting back on the horse so to speak, hopefully you'll have a few frosties next time.

Spock - how you doing lovey?

And a big hello to Spring & Still (how's your back).

AFM - Beware pity party coming up.........had major cramps last night which definately feel like AF, I'm sure I got no sleep just lying there stewing about it all and in quite a bit of pain (poor, poor pitiful me...).  I normally get AF 9 days after EPU so I'm expecting it to rear it's ugly head today/tomorrow so feeling a bit depressed. I know it's not over until the fat lady sings but she's humming her fat a*se off that's for sure.  DH and I were thinking of changing FS's if this one didn't work out - has anyone else changed?  Ages ago I read in the paper about a clinic that was advertising for women who had done multiple cycles with no go and seem to get results with them so I might do a but of research and see who they were.  Never fear I'll cheer up in a bit adn stop making you all so miserable.

The list idea seems pretty good, go for your life Still, my details are of course in my sig.

xxx

Have a good one girls

#53 Spock

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

Oh no Kimbar, I hope AF stays away. It is so miserable when you start getting that sinking feeling of disappointment. I will stay positive for you till you get bt results.

moi, I always find I'm most positive at the start of a new cycle or transfer so hope you are too.

carita, I'll forgive you for being a yank - I'm Australian and a Pom so I feel obliged to hassle you for yankiness biggrin.gif . Just kidding, I've only really seen NY and Washington and I liked both.

rose, hope you're getting some tlc and are able to digest your news okay.

cc, how are you going in your 2ww?

still, for your list as I never figured out how to do the sig. thing:

2009: 3 x IUI, 1st IVF ICSI cycle: 1st transfer bfn, FET (2nd) transfer bfp but m/c at 6 wks in Jan 2010

2010: 2nd IVF ICSI cycle: 1st transfer bfp but m/c at 10.5 wks in May 2010, FET (2nd transfer) bfn, 2 frosen blasts remaining

meggie, spring, hope you guys are well.

hope I didn't forget anyone.

afm, had my bt this morning. I know I'm not pregnant but the clinic wants to check all my levels so had to do it. Still no word from the lab but I'm hoping this afternoon I'll hear something. Feeling calmer and resigned to it all now. I just hope my body will be ready to go right into another transfer otherwise I'll have to wait. Still in limbo really.

#54 spring08

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

hi all,

Kimbar really hope that you're wrong. That feeling where you know it's all over but still try to hold out a bit of hope is horrible. Second opinion is something I'm thinking about also - one of the nurses actually suggested it to me yesterday. Interested to know what your research turns up about a clinic that can help.

Rose, hope you're going ok and taking care of yourself.

Cat, how are things going with you - how are you surviving the 2ww?

Spock, hope you're taking care of yourself also and that you're able to go straight into another FET. Hope the lab and your visit to FS next week can give you some answers.

Carita, any sign of AF yet? Wow the last couple of days have been cold in Syd - must have been freezing in ACT

Moi , good luck starting the next cycle. I saw a post that orgal is going to be on the PBS list so at least it's one thing that will be cheaper now.  I also read about using CoQ10, which I used for the month or so before my last stim and that was the only time I ever got frosties. Sample of 1, and have no idea of whether it helped, but can't hurt. I think medicare is ok with back to back - I read somewhere on here that there can be problems if you've got more than 1 cycle in a calendar month, but that your FS can write a letter. Worth checking with your clinic about this one though.

Have fun in the US Meggie (jealous, jealous, jealous).

Still, how's the back? Good weather for a heat pack at the moment!

Hi to anyone else out there

AFM, tfr booked for next Wed - so just enjoying some good workouts over the next few days before I put my feet up.  I think a list is a good idea - do we also want to add age and where we are? Still, thanks so much for volunteering! My stats - 36, 2009 - 2 x IUIs, 2 x IVF, 1 x ICSI. 2010 2 x ICSI, 1 FET BFN to all.

#55 cheshire_cat

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

Hi ladies,

spring, yay transfer coming up! Wow, you are so good with your workouts, I have to confess I've let myself go completely in that department sad.gif

Spock, hope you're feeling ok after bt, and that you'll be able to go straight into another transfer. Fingers crossed!

Kim- hey, don't apologise! If I couldn't come on EB and have a whinge I think I'd go crazy. Sorry you're in pain, I always find AF very heavy and painful after EPU. Hoping there's a chance it's not AF though!! hands.gif

carita- still no sign of AF? Will be checking in regularly. How frustrating to have to wait so long!

Rosa- so sorry about AF, so disappointing sad.gif

still- how are the symptoms going? Hope you're not in too much pain.

moi- not sure about the medicare question, but I don't see why they wouldn't cover back to back cycles. Hope they do. Good luck with your next stim cycle!

So ladies, still 2ww-ing, you all know what it's like. It's still so early so I'm not letting myself think about it too much yet. I know by the end I'll be pulling my hair out and sniping at poor old DH.

#56 Rosabella

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hey everyone, been MIA due to not being able to get to a computer. Thanks for the messages. I'm feeling slightly better but more about me in a minute.

Spock - Any news from the lab yet, or do you have to wait for your appointment? I really hope that you can get some answers. Not knowing what is going on with your own body is so frustrating and scary.

carita - Going to the psychic was actually pretty good, despite the fact that she was wrong about my first cycle back sad.gif She made me feel so much better about getting back into AC and if I hadn't gone back to AC I never would have found out what has been causing my infertility. I can only hope that her prediction that I will be a mother one day is right. I will definitely be going back again.

Still - All my stats are in my sig for the list. Do we want to add what drugs we are on as well? Might be something helpful for others??

moi mwah - Good luck with your next stim cycle. I agree with spring's suggestion of the CoQ10. I think I got around 13 embies from the cycle when I used it and that was the best I have had. Anything is worth a try at this point the think original.gif

Kimbar - I am praying you are wrong about AF. Sending you lots of baby dust.

Spring - All the best for Wednesdays tfr, I will be thinking of you. Good on you with the work outs, I completely let myself slide this cycle sad.gif

CC - Baby dust to you too. Hope the 2WW isn't too bad for you.

AFM AF is only just arriving now. Apparently my progesterone levels were high so I am glad my BT was Wed and not today as I would have been convinced I was UTD. I was pretty devastated on wed as I really let myself believe that with the new drugs my problem would be fixed, very stupid. Today my FS rang me and wanted to discuss the idea of another biopsy to check to see if the inflammation in my uterus has gone with the new treatment. Apparently the FS that did my original biopsy said that it was quiet bad and that if I didn't get pregnant with that cycle I needed another biopsy. I can tell you I was furious that no one had told me this before I went about thinking everything was fixed. I told her I was not waiting another month because I am going to Bali in October and DH and I had already decided that if this cycle didn't work we would only try one more before I went. FS said that sounded reasonable as long as I was prepared to have the biopsy if this upcoming cycle doesn't work. She has put me on another drug starting day 2 and we will be getting two embies tfrd (if they thaw ok). I am also looking into some acupuncture for this cycle.

Sorry for the long post, feels good to get it out though. I really appreciate the support in here. No one IRL really understands as they only know half of our story. They know we are trying and that I have issues that I need medication for but no one knows about the IVF and don't really understand how much we have going into every cycle.

#57 Spock

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:47 PM

Hi Rose, that sounds very frustrating and upsetting to only find out now, after your transfer, that you may need another biopsy. You and your dh have been through the wringer with this transfer. What you and your dh have planned sounds very reasonable to me - one more transfer then a holiday. Vent away, sometimes that is all that helps.

I did get some lab results in the mail today but I'm a bit stunned so I'll post more tomorrow.

#58 carita

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

Rose-Good on you for setting the pace with the clinic and FS. I can't believe they didn't inform you that another biopsy was needed. Best wishes with the embie thaw. Interesting to hear about the psychic!

Spock-Thinking of you...glad you got some results. Hope everything is ok.

Hi everyone else, hope you're having a great weekend!

#59 Rangeman

Posted 24 July 2010 - 01:08 PM

Spock - thinking of you.

Rose - good on your for being firm the your FS, you know, how can they NOT tell you these things.  There's been a post in the general section about what FS's are & aren't telling people it's quite interesting reading.

CC - How you doing?

Moi - I've been taking 150mg of CoQ10 everyday.

Spring  - Good luck for Wednesday.

Hi to Carita, Still, Shiba and Meggie on holidays!

Well I'm out girls.......and after 10 goes it might just be time to give up the ghost.  Feeling a bit down but I know I'll bounce back....eventually......going to make DH get me something really delish for dinner tonight and just maybe a glass of the red stuff with a sh*t load of chocolate thrown in for good measure, might put myself into a sugar coma.  MIGHT see about changing FS if and when I can face it again.

Have a good one xxx

#60 cheshire_cat

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

Oh Kim sad.gif I'm just so sorry. I know nothing can make it feel any easier...This whole process is such a nightmare, and I'm in awe of your ten cycles, you're amazing. Take care of yourself & I hope DH takes good care of you while you take some time to think it all through. Thinking of you. hhugs.gif

#61 Spock

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

hi kimbar, oh no, I'm so sorry. You know yourself best so maybe like you say, some time out and a rethink of what you want to do is a good idea. You are a strong person and have given a lot of yourself to come so far already. Maybe another fs isn't a bad idea. Are you in Sydney? I know a couple of good fs's. If you like I can PM you their names and you can just keep that in your pocket for potential future choices if you want to start up again. I wish you a happy future whatever you decide to do. Take care of yourself and feel free to pop back here and say hello or join up again in you decide to try ivf again.

cc, how are you going in your 2ww?

spring, how are you feeling about your transfer on Wednesday?

moi, I've also been taking Blackmores conceive well and so far that seems to have helped me get some good eggs. For my last ICSI cycle there were 12 eggs from epu and I ended up with 4 blasts. when does your next cycle start?

carita, still, hope both your weekends are going well.

meggie, having fun on your holiday (jealous!!!)

rose, hope you're getting some tlc this weekend.

hope I haven't left anyone out

afm, my lab results arrived and it made me all sad again. From what dh and I can tell, it looks like the emie did attach but not for very long. I guess we won't ever know why it didn't progress. It was all so weird, I don't know if my fs will have any answers. We have a whole bunch of questions to ask him on Monday. I'm a bit nervous that I might not be able to go right into another transfer. I hope everything looks okay.

#62 Rangeman

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:35 PM

Thanks Girls, i really appreciate the nice thoughts.

Spock - Yeah, i'm in Syd and I'd love you to PM some names to me (I tried to PM you but don't think it worked).  How did you go with your FS today?

Kim

#63 stillinhope

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hi Girls,

Kim - im so sorry you're having such a horrible time...you are amazing to have stuck it out this long..i hope your fs can give you some direction from here. its soooo unfair...pamper yourself, i know it doesnt change anything but you deserve it.

Spock - Im sorry for your sad results too. I hope you got to ask all your questions from your fs and they too could give you some info and direction...take some time, dont rush yourself..

Rose - hope you're doing ok on the new meds..when is your tf going to be?

CC - how long have u got now? hope youre hanging in there ok...

Spring - gearing up for tf this week...hope all goes well..

moi - enjoy the break..lap up the ham and coffee!!

hello everyone else, Carita...Megs hope ur having a nice relax..

AFM all is good. Dont want to really write about it to be honest because i feel thats its sooo unfair...not sure what to write really...
Someone a few pages ago wanted to know if anyone had changed fs' - i did and it was the best thing i did. Im in melb if anyone wants to pm me for the details. I felt they were prepared to do what needed to be done and not muck around with the same protocol as before.

The list - well i am really tired at the moment and am struggling to get this post out but i will do it if everyone can wait a little longer..?? sorry

#64 Spock

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

hi ladies,

kim - I just saw your PM and I have replied so hope this helps bbighug.gif .
still - glad to hear all is well with you. It's just nice to hear so don't feel bad about posting here. Hope the back pain is manageable.

cc, hope you're not starting to get too crazy in your 2ww.

spring - are you getting ready for Wednesday?

waves.gif rose, carita, meggie, moi.

well we saw the fs today. Feeling a bit sad. Looks like it was a m/c but very early on at 1 month. My fs believes it was the emie as most early m/c's are the emie. Doesn't really make me feel any better. That makes it 3 m/c's this year (2 most likely due to the emie and 1 due to a subchorionic haematoma which are very rare) sad.gif . All my test results have come back normal. So on my fs's advice, going to have a break for 1 month to give my body a chance to recover and to give the next FET the best chance. There is some little amount of evidence that suggests poor pregnancy rates if you transfer right after a m/c and I want to maximise my chance (and the embie's) of success. Frustrating though as I am all geared up to go right into another FET. I know I'll be okay eventually but this year is really taking its toll. Think I'll have some good red wine tonight.

#65 carita

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

Kim & Spock-Thinking of you both. Take care  bbighug.gif

Hi to everyone else, hope you're well.

#66 Rangeman

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

Hey Girls,

Hope you're all doing well I've perked up a bit it's no fun being miserable is it.....my DH bless his little soul rang up another clinic for me yesterday and even rang the local doc to get a referral and told me all about it last night. I was a bit upset with him over the weekend 'cause he didn't seem to get just why i was so upset (he has 18yo son) anyway he redeemed himself big time.

Spock - have a nice month off and try to relax you've had a pretty sh*tty year hope you enjoyed the red last night.  Thanks for the PM but all I got was my message to you and not your reply, the PM system is a bit of a pain isn't it.

Sorry about the me post but sometimes it is all about me...hahahahaha biggrin.gif

Have a good one!

#67 spring08

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

morning all,

Kimbar, sorry that this cycle was confirmed as bfn. I think you're so strong to have been through this so many times. Hope you got a lot of tlc on the weekend. What a great DH getting a referral and another appt for you. Hope that there are some other suggestions out there for you. Don't apologise about your post - at the moment you do need your energy just for you!

Spock, you poor thing - hope that your FS had some suggestions of different things - have they looked at getting you on the protocol that Still and Rose were on? It's frustrating not being able to go straight back to do another FET, but if a month off gives the next embie a better chance it's worth it. Enjoy your break.

Cat, how's the 2ww going for you? You must be getting to the action end by now.

Carita, have you started your new cycle yet or is AF still MIA?

Rose, how are you doing?

Still, I like having you around as our little ray of hope. Hope your back pain has improved.

hi to everyone else out there - moi, bb, shiba. And meggie, hope you're having a great holiday if you're checking in!

AFM, tfr booked for tomorrow - everything crossed as usual. Caution - really daggy confession following. So with no masterchef or tour de france I was bored last night, and googling how to read your palm. Don't think I've got any child lines. I do know it's most likely a complete crock, but how good would a crystal ball be to say whether this will ever work or not.

Anyway, no negativity - tomorrow's tfr will be the one hands.gif  hands.gif  hands.gif

#68 Spock

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:29 PM

hi ladies,

kimbar, I'm not sure what is going on with the PMs. I'm not sure if it is something at work blocking me so I'll try at home. Sorry about that! Nice of your dh to be all proactive. I think it is a good idea to see a couple of good fs's just to see what they have to say, before you make any really big decisions.

spring, my toes and fingers are all crossed for you. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I asked my fs about aspirin, steroids and PGD testing. Basically there aren't any real reasons for me to try any of these as all my tests have come back completely normal. I also unfortunately have other health issues that aren't fertility related but these make the side effects a real health problem for me. What to do? I hate this 'unexplained infertility'. Just have to keep trying.

carita, thanks for the hugs, you're very sweet.

hi to cc, meggie, still, rose, hope you're all well.

#69 carita

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

spring-best wishes for tomorrow!

Hi everyone, hope you're well.

AF still MIA for me but I'm good to wait just a bit because work is crazy at the moment. With the election stuff ramping up, every politician and his momma are trying to have photo ops at schools and I couldn't even imagine trying to get to the clinic before work right now. However, I'm feeling a bit achy and cranky today, so maybe she's announcing an arrival! I also had this sudden urge(ok, so I've always got it but today it was BAD) to stop at the shops and get chocolate. I got a big block plus tim tams plus ice cream and even that ice magic stuff! Don't worry ladies, I balanced it out with a bottle of diet coke though, so all is good with the world. I have to admit, I totally knocked myself for a loop this afternoon though-probably it was the chocolate haze I was in-did anyone else get the Big W catalog in the mail today? OMG...cute baby issue alert...I should have just put it straight in the bin.

Take care!

#70 Guest_shiba_*

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:32 PM

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around.  Things have been really busy and I hardly got to stay in front of the computer at all!  More about me later...

Spring - hope your transfer went smoothly today.  I have my fingers crossed that someone here will get good news soon.

Spock - I'm so sorry to hear that you have to wait another month for your next FET.  It always sucks when you are made to wait when all you want to do is jump right back in.  Take care in the meantime.

Kimbar - It's nice to know that guys get it once in a while...it was a really nice thing your DH did.  So what prompted you to search for another FS?  I've never even considered it myself.  I might be wrong but I think in my case (unexplained) it's more a matter of luck....how can the IVF/FET procedure be done differently by another FS?

Carita - I can't help but flick through those catalogues and check out the baby items...although I don't allow myself to walk into the section at department stores.  Not anymore anyway!

Cheshire - how's your 2ww going?

waves.gif to Moi mwah, Rose, Still and Meggie (and anyone I've left out).

AFM I'm having bloods done daily to detect my surge and have a scan scheduled for tomorrow.  Hopefully I will find out when my transfer will be.  

My FS mentioned that he might do a trial transfer prior to the real transfer, due to difficulty in inserting the catheter previous times.  He will also use some sort of sedation during the real transfer so that he can use the cervix clamp again!  I'm hoping that with me being completely relaxed and the possibility of a quicker/smoother transfer that it will make a difference to the outcome.

#71 spring08

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:54 AM

hi all,

thanks for everyone's good wishes.

Cat, hope you're doing ok out there. Still sending some sticky vibes your way, and hoping that you're the start of our BFP avalanche.

Shiba, did you find out when your tfr will be? Definately hope your FS comes up with a good method and some nice drugs so you have a less traumatic tfr - cervix clamp - youch!!

Carita, love your "balanced" eating plan - chocolate - yum! Watching a bunch of pollies jostle for photo ops must be entertaining!

Spock, how are you doing - and how is your arm btw? I hear you with the frustrations of "unexplained" - it really feels like we get no closer to an answer (or a bfp)

Kimbar, hope you're starting to feel a bit better and enjoying heaps of coffee, red wine etc.

Hi to Moi, BB, Rose, Still, Meggie and anyone else out there - how are you all doing?

AFM, tfr went well yesterday - I woke up really early on the morning and was worried it might not thaw (2nd and last frostie), but it was expanding back out by the tfr time.  Everything crossed - I'll know in a week! Work is still really busy, so at least that's a distraction.

hugs to all

#72 carita

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hi all, hope you're having a nice weekend!

#73 Rosabella

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hey Everyone, I have been so slack this week. How is everyone?

Kimbar - I'm sorry that your cycle didn't work out. I think it is amazing that you have had 10 goes. I had to have a 2 year break after 6 goes. Changing FS sounds like a great idea and your DH sounds pretty specially ringing a making plans for you. I hope a new perspective on things can get you some answers and give you a positive outlook so that you can feel good about trying again.

Spock - That sucks that you didn't really get any answer as to why this has happened to you again. Has you FS suggested any testing on your embies? If I remember correctly this was suggested as a step that we could take before we had the 2 year break. We haven't had to do that as yet as they found my other issues but I guess that will be my next step. Have a good break, hopefully the time flies for you.

Spring
- lol about the palm reading, a crystal ball would be great. How is the 2WW going? Hope it hasn't been too bad. Sending good vibes your way.

Carita - Still no AF? I struggled with the Big W catalog too, especially going through it with my pregnant friend over lunch sad.gif One day it will be us.

Shiba - Any idea when transfer will be? Sounds good about the trial run, anything to make it less stressful.

CC - Hows the 2WW treating you?

How is everyone else....Still, Meggie, Moi Mwah, did I miss anyone??

AFM have my first BT tomorrow for my FET cycle. My new antibiotics are horrible and upsetting my stomach but I guess thats the price we pay. Still taking the prednisolone and aspirin as well. I guess I will update later this week when I know when transfer will be.
Take Care everyone, hope you all had a good weekend original.gif

#74 cheshire_cat

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:32 PM

Hiya ladies, sorry no personals, just popping in quickly to say my BT is tomorrow but have POAS twice today and of course it was BFN. Have got skin breakouts, cramps etc so I know AF will be on her way as soon as I stop the meds sad.gif .

I'll probably be having a little break from EB, maybe reading but not posting, but really I need to sort my head out and try to re-discover who I am apart from this version of myself who values having a baby above all else, who is completely consumed by IVF and these repeated failures. The feeling of FAILURE is really getting to me. EB is wonderful, but the constant focus on babies, babies and more babies (or the lack thereof) is not helpful for me right now. It's a bit of an unhealthy obsession for me! I feel like I need to focus on different aspects of life that can offer happiness regardless of whether I am a mother or not.

I'm not sure where I'm going from here, considering an extended break from treatment or maybe some adjustments to our protocol.

Big hugs to you all, you are all wonderful ladies and I won't be disappearing forever!! Apologies for the 'me' post.

xx
CC

#75 Rangeman

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:14 AM

Hi Girls,

CC - I know exactly where you're coming from and how you're feeling, it's just so bloody miserable.  I'm doing the old looking but not posting too, I was trying not to look too but can't seem to stop......The good news is you will get back up on your feet eventually - I promise.  Take some time out to not think about all this stuff.  Thinking of you xxx

Spring - How's your 2ww?

Rose - Hope you feel better soon, it'll be worth it in the end.

Hello to all the other ladies Carita, Spock, Still, Moi, Shiba & Meggie.

Oh and Spock thanks for the info.

xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.