IVF Multiple Cycles and The Long Haul BG #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#76 spring08

Posted 02 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

hi everyone,

hope you all had a good weekend. How lovely was it to finally see some sun in Sydney!

Cat, I'm so sorry that this cycle has not worked for you again - there's no logic or reason to this, it's just not fair, and it sucks.  I can fully understand your need to find yourself again, away from the focus on having a baby. All the best and sending you hugs  hhugs.gif .

Rose, nice to hear from you. Sorry that your new meds are so harsh on your stomach. Has your clinic suggested any way to reduce the side effects? Yay for another FET coming up.

Carita, are the pollies still doing their rounds??

how is everyone else going? Any news on your tfr date Shiba?
Kimbar, glad that you are starting to feel a bit better. Have you scheduled an appt with the other FS or are you enjoing a break?
Spock, what's next for you?
Still, how are you feeling?
Hi to everyone else - mwoi, meggie and anyone else

AFM, 2ww doing my head in as usual - trying to stay positive that this time it's finally worked - only have another couple of days to wait if body sticks to it's normal rhythm. Honestly not sure what my next step could be if this is another negative.

#77 stillinhope

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (cheshire_cat @ 01/08/2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hiya ladies, sorry no personals, just popping in quickly to say my BT is tomorrow but have POAS twice today and of course it was BFN. Have got skin breakouts, cramps etc so I know AF will be on her way as soon as I stop the meds

Hi CC,
just trying to give you a tiny shred of hope - not sure if this is helpful or not anymore but i had breakouts (which i dont usually get with AF) and mega cramps. Also i wouldnt necessarily expect it to show on a poas test. i did one 2 dys after bt and it was really feint. I was 100% sure af was on the way...still everything crossed for you xo

#78 meggie2

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

Hi everyone, I'm ba-aaaaaack.

I've been reading every few days but couldn't post from my blackberry.  Things haven't been going so great have they?  hugs to CC, Kim and Rose and everyone else.   We must be due for some good news soon.

I had a great trip to the US, did a lot of fun stuff with my cousins - did me the world of good I think.   Especially my cousin M, who is about 26 and suffers from schitzophrenia.   He has made so much progress since his diagnosis, and it was really great to see him in such a good frame of mind, driving and living independently.  Made me count my blessings a bit.  So I'm going to do the same as CC - focus on all the other things that make me me, and try to step back a little from this baby obsession.  

But I'll still be posting, it's a good outlet.

xx  Meggie

ps my surgery is on 20 August, so I'll be in hospital for the election!

Edited by meggie2, 02 August 2010 - 01:46 PM.

#79 Spock

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:41 AM

hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA, been swamped this past week.

cc, I'm so sorry this cycle hasn't worked. I completely understand the need to get back to yourself outside the baby world. That was one of the reasons I went to Japan, to get away from everything as I used to love travelling and exploring new places (money permitted of course) but just couldn't with IVF. All this AC is definately all consuming. I also find it really helpful that most of my friends at work don't have babies (as opposed to my friends outside work) so when I hang out with them, I can forget about IVF for a while and feel. Hope to see you posting back here when you're refreshed and back to yourself. sending you lots of bbighug.gif .

meggie, welcome back, your holiday sounds great biggrin.gif . You sound ready to get into your plans for the year.

spring, hang in there, so good so far for your 2ww. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

still, lovely to see you in here as always.

kimbar, hope your break is helping to clear your head and heart. Glad my PM finally made it through, hope it is helpful for the future. I think even just looking (and not posting) helps because you are still sharing in others' (like me!) journeys.

ooops....my lunch meeting is early, have to run so I'll post again after lunch.

#80 cheshire_cat

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

Thanks Spock, actually I'm already finding it hard to have a break from EB!! Suddenly I have all these questions and EB is definitely the place to get answers!

Hope everyone's well original.gif

#81 stillinhope

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hi Girls,

Sorry to be a pain but could everyone pm me their status'...im just finding it hard to go back through all the posts and find all the info.
If you pm me your stats then i can make the nice little list we talked about..

List was going to include :

Code Name / location
Meds

add anything else i have forgotton!!

x S

Edited by stillinhope, 03 August 2010 - 03:26 PM.

#82 cheshire_cat

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

Code Name / location: cheshire_cat, Melbourne Vic
Cycle No.: Starting cycle 5.
Meds: Not sure at this stage, hopefully antag cycle with Clexane & Prednisolone.

Thanks for doing the list Still! Ooops sorry didn't see I was meant to pm you, hope that's ok?

Edited by cheshire_cat, 03 August 2010 - 03:36 PM.

#83 spring08

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

hi all,

Cat   nno.gif - I saw your post in the general section and I'm so sorry. Can't imagine what it's like to have been this close, only for it still to be taken from you.  ddown.gif

Spock, sounds like all is going well with you.

Welcome back Meggie - sounds like you had a lovely break. Your surgery is coming up really quickly now.

hi also Still - nice to hear from you and thanks so much for offerring to put together our list.

Hi Kimbar, carita, rose, mwoi and anyone else.

AFM, waiting waiting - it was so noisy with all the wind last night that I didn't really sleep, but just lay there thinking - you do not want extra thinking time at this point!!  What is scaring me is that it seems like many, many people get their BFP with the first 1-3 goes or so, but then the success really drops off. I know that you had success Still and I am so glad that this has worked for one of us. My FS keeps saying ~30% chance, but looking at this group, those odds do not stack up. Anyway, must stay positive - thanks all for the good wishes!

#84 Spock

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:34 PM

hi ladies, I'm back and it is late and I'm tired. I was at the Barangaroo meeting in Sydney - one of the ways I try to stay sane is having non-baby interests e.g. community stuff like Barangaroo. I'm also learning Italian on Thursday nights. Keeping busy definately helps with the AC stress.

Spring, hope you get a good sleep tonight. My mum suggested to me to drink that British malty drinks (Horlicks??) before going to bed when stressed as supposed to help you sleep but no side effects for the possible b. Not sure it tastes good though. About the odds, my fs mentioned it takes on average 6 transfers to get a BFP but he isn't a strong believer in averages seeing everyone's situation is unique. Hang in there and don't think past your bt or you'll do your head in. Just take it one day at a time.

rose, how are you? What are your plans now? I hope you're feeling a bit better.

hi to moi and carita, hope you're both doing okay.

afm, I haven't been sleeping well at all (haven't tried Horlicks yet). I've put on some weight from the ac and after all the tragic events this year which make me look like I have given birth. Quite depressing seeing there is nothing to show for it. I barely fit into any of my clothes and I now avoid mirrors when naked. I do plan to exercise my way back to my usual size so don't want to waste money buying too many clothes. I took the plunge and bought some maternity jeans today because they have elasticated waistbands. This involved going into a baby shop which I usually studiously avoid. All the cute baby toys, books, outfits just filled me with so much longing I was going to cry! I tried and bought some jeans as fast as I could just to get out.

#85 stillinhope

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

Hi ladies,
just a quickie in response to Springs stats you were given. i HATE being given stats. I was told by my AC counselor that the 'norm' is between 4-8 transfers. ( i wonder how that translates to blasts tho?) I know its so hard to not get caught up in the stats. I wish they didnt give us them at all and just said 'yes, its worth trying'.
Grrr finished!

#86 stillinhope

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Spock @ 03/08/2010, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I took the plunge and bought some maternity jeans today because they have elasticated waistbands. This involved going into a baby shop which I usually studiously avoid. All the cute baby toys, books, outfits just filled me with so much longing I was going to cry! I tried and bought some jeans as fast as I could just to get out.

just wanted to say that the Bonds Maternity trackies are awesome - i got some from Big W so its a normal shop and you dont have to feel bad about going in there and it being a special shop. I would have got them way earlier if i knew they existed..

ooh and Target has Jeans too, so u can covertly grab a pair and dash off!
xo

Edited by stillinhope, 04 August 2010 - 03:43 PM.

#87 Guest_shiba_*

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

Hi all,

Just a quick note to give an update on my transfer.

I've had 7 blood tests in the last week, so I'm officially drained!  Apparently from the Clomid I've been taking, a cyst developed in one of my ovaries - which means we've initially mistaken it for a near mature follicle a week ago.  Blood tests revealed the estrogen going up but not the LH.  Luckily another "true" follicle was developing nicely and by Sunday the cyst started to reduce in size...in the end, ovulation took place naturally but a few days later than normal.  

So, I'll be having a transfer this coming Saturday, with a trial transfer the day before.  Hopefully he figures out how to get the catheter through my tricky cervix and sedation will not be necessary!  Phew that I don't have to skip this cycle.  That cyst got me worried for a second...happy days!  hands.gif

#88 meggie2

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

Yay Shiba the pin cushion.  Best of luck for Friday and Saturday!

#89 carita

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

Hi ladies, hope you're all well! Just a quick one here...I'm struggling to finish paperwork at the moment!! Just wanted to say that AF finally showed up on Monday! Woohoo (can't believe I'm cheering that witch on!). Start Synarel (nasty nasty stuff!) on the 16th and a BT on the 25th. Now the waiting game starts! Take care!

#90 Spock

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:24 PM

still, thanks for the clothing tips. The Bonds tracki pants sound comfy.

shiba, sounds like you went through a bit of stress but thankfully all has resolved itself. Goodluck with your transfer and hope it isn't painful.

carita, yeah to getting started. I'm expecting af to arrive next week and I'm already getting impatient.

cc, hope I didn't confuse with my posts in the general section. I was just trying to pass on some useful info. I found. I totally support wanting to give this the best shot ever, especially when there ae no real answers. I know if neither of my two frozen embies lead to a bfp this year, I'll be wanting to try clexane.

goodnight everyone.

#91 spring08

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:35 AM

hi all

Shiba, good luck for tfr on Sat - hope the practice goes well

Carita, good that you're body has got its act together and you can finally get started again.

CC, hope you're finding some good options for next time.

hi to Spock, Still, Kimbar and Meggie - hope you're all enjoying the sunshine.

I am out again also - AF started yesterday afternoon. Started spotting leaving work Tues evening, so knew it was all over. Not sure what to do next - 6 tfrs, 5 stims and not a hint of either an explanation or a positive outcome. Have an appt next week with FS, so will start some research later in the week. Cat, saw your posts about clexane etc - think I'll ask about that and assisted hatching - but I also want a more realistic probability, and whether we should be looking at donor eggs or something more radical. SIVF advertise that 95% of people that get pg with them do so in 3 or fewer stims. I really want to know whether this means I've got a really low chance - I just find the continued hope/despair cycles so painful. Don't know how some of you have done this 10-12 times - you're very strong women.

anyway, can't think about this too much at the moment or I'll start crying over my keyboard again - thanks for all your support

#92 Rangeman

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

Oh Spring, it's just so crappy isn't it.  Nothing more I can say except I'm thinking of you.  Not that this helps much but a friend of my friend (who i have actually met so she does exist) got lucky on her 13th cycle I don't know the ins & the outs of it but it was her 13th go.  It doesn't cheer me up much but at least it can happen I guess.

Shiba - good luck for Friday & Saturday.

Hi to Carita, Spock, CC, Meggie & Still.

AFM - I have an appt with SIVF (I was with Next Generation) in October so at least I have a couple of months to relax.  They want my records though so I am dreading ringing up my old clinic and asking them to be transferred - awkward.

Have a good day ladies.

#93 stillinhope

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Kimbar @ 05/08/2010, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They want my records though so I am dreading ringing up my old clinic and asking them to be transferred - awkward.

just another quickie - Kimbar, they will probably need your request in writing, so you dont need to call them, just write a letter requesting you file be sent to....and a copy sent to you. its non of their business why you want your file. If they give you grief your new clinic can request it for you. BUT they shouldnt. This is what happened to me when i switched clinics/FS'

hello everyone!

#94 Rosabella

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

CC - I'm so sorry for what you have had to go through. Such a terrible experience. I completely understand the need to move away from such a strong focus on babies. Take Care xoxo

Meggie
- Welcome back!! Good to hear you had a good trip. I didn't expect that your surgery would be so soon. All the very best for the 20th.

Spock - I hear you about putting on weight. I had just gotten back to feeling good about myself after the last round of IVF and within the past few weeks I feel like I have put it all back on and am so bloated I look pregnant already. Just hope no one asks me if I am.

shiba
- Good luck Saturday. We will be 2WW buddies original.gif Hopefully things go smoothly and painless.

Carita - Yay for AF. Good luck with all the BTs and drugs original.gif I have never had the nasal spray, guess I'm lucky.

Spring - That sucks so bad sad.gif Wish there was more to say but all I can think is how much it sucks.

Kimbar - Enjoy your time off, I hope it gives you some time to refocus. Fingers crossed your new FS can find a new perspective on things.

Hi Everyone Else

AFM - This is a really short cycle for me. O'd on CD10 so I am off for transfer on Saturday. I guess I am lucky that they even caught it. Not feeling too good about this cycle as the pregnancy BT is on a date that holds a lot of significance for us for horrible events. DH thinks that its time that date brought us some luck but I'm not too sure. Also he will be interstate on that day and will be away all weekend so I am really not looking forward to the bad news.

#95 stillinhope

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:50 AM

sorry girls having trouble posting the list...wont be long...

Edited by stillinhope, 09 August 2010 - 10:02 AM.

#96 stillinhope

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:06 AM

Rose - can u ask to have your test a little earlier or later? my friend did this when she had too much on the be able to deal with the call..
fingers crossed for you that it will be a good date from now on...

#97 spring08

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:04 PM

hi girls,

just a really quick one from me.

Rose and Shiba, hope your tfrs went well - fingers crossed for the rest of your 2ww. Shiba, hope your tfr went smooth after the practice run. Rose, wow that was a nice quick cycle for you - hope that this is a chance to make that day a great one.

hi to every else - hope you all had a great weekend.

Just a question, I'm seeing my FS tomorrow - I want to talk about assisted hatching, clexane and get a more realistic view of probability of success. I've had the huge panel of blood tests and everything is apparently normal - any other suggestions of things I should ask about - treatments or tests??

#98 Rangeman

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hey Spring,

How about prednisone, oestrogen patches, DHEA, baby asprin.  Don't know if any of it does any good but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Rose & Shiba - how are you feeling after your tfr's?

Hi Carita, CC, Still, Spock, Meggie and to those I missed.

AFM - Nothing new to report all boring on my end.  The "new clinic to be" sent me a pile of forms and one of them was a letter requesting my info from the old clinic so all I have to do is fill it out & send to the old one, I was dreading asking for it (mind you DH was going to ring he's better at those sorts of things) so Still now I don't even have to write a letter.  But the guy we're going to see did send us an email saying that the odds aren't good after 10 attemps that it will work so that was a bit of a reality check, you know I realise it in my head but to see it actually on paper/email was a bit of a come down. But hey never say never.

#99 stillinhope

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:57 PM

test

Edited by stillinhope, 09 August 2010 - 08:58 PM.

#100 Spock

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

hi ladies,

My SIL arrived on the weekend and she is just getting changed so thought I'd do a quick post.

still, I will try and send you a PMP today as I keep forgetting. Sorry! Hope all is well with you.

Rose and Shiba, hope your transfers went well and you're not finding the 2ww too bad.

spring, I think Kimbar has included all the things I can think of to ask about. I really hope your fs is able to give you some helpful advice today.

kimbar, isn't it a bit premature for the new fs to be making comments like that when he/she hasn't seen all your medical records yet? Hang in there, you are a strong person.

carita, how are you going?

hi to cc, meggie. hope you're both well.

afm, just waiting for af now (so I know how you were feeling carita). I think af should arrive around 15th. Going to be very awkward if the transfer happens when my inlaws are all here staying with us in our tiny house where there is no privacy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.