- - - - -

Win one of six Cake Lingerie sets

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
77 replies to this topic

#26 becc56

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

I'm a real mum because despite the fact I had a 50 hour labour resulting in a emergency csection and haemoraging I would do it all again tomoro to bring another beautiful human being into to the world. A real mum smiles each and everytime she see's her baby as I do and knows that sometimes its hardwork but Its a job we were born to do and we all do it well!

#27 Lishl

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

I'm a real mum because even though I know I do my absolute best, I still ask if I am a good mum.
Oh, and I still think it's cute when my youngest knocks on the door of the bathroom saying "mummmeeeee" when he is looking for me!

I do think a real mum is someone like my mum was - she did so much without us even realising it, she was always there when she was needed and never ever asked for anything in return. THAT is a real mum, especially when you have 7 kids.

#28 Lyra

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

I'm a real mum because I had a very vivid dream last night where I went grocery shopping by myself. In my dream I was ecstatic to be pushing the trolley around without interruption, arguments or my fruit getting squashed by someone throwing cans into the trolley

#29 Edna24

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

I'm a real mum because pure and simple I live for my kids.
We are all real mums, we all do it our own way. We do it in our trackies, we do it with a full face of make-up and a blowdry by 8am, we do it alone, with a dad or with 2 mummiesbut we are all real mums because we all love our kids with such overwhelming love that sometimes I cry from sheer joy.
We all wonder at their little hands, feet and those first gorgous toothiepegs, and we wonder as they take their first steps towards becoming the people we so hope they will become under our love and guidence.
We're all real mums
and proud of it
Emma

#30 Mandy GRAHAM

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:21 PM

A real mum is when you are always looking out for the good intentions of bubs to come or bubs that is here. They are no.1 no matter what.

#31 stacy0

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

A real mum is a mum that provides stability. balance and love to her children. My husband often says that I am 'doing the most important job in the world raising our children' when I am feeling guilty about being at home with them. I think no matter your circumstance, keep it real and try to be an active positive influence on your children throughout their lives original.gif

Edited by stacy0, 28 July 2010 - 04:06 PM.

#32 cas1e

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

I'm a real Mum because my house isn't as tidy, I get congratulated by my 2yr old everytime I do a poo, I don't care how my body has changed since giving birth and gave up my career to be a stay at home Mum but I couldn't be happier

#33 TamaraB

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

I'm a real mum simply because I love my children and cannot imagine life without them as difficult as some days are!

#34 cdl

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:49 PM

I'm a real mum because although my baby always comes first, I am a real woman and I like to look good, despite the stray grey hair and the occasional baby vomit decorating my clothes. At least I know I will always be attractive to my baby!

#35 lanna2

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

I'm a real mum, because i have undies with holes in them, but always buy the kids new things and forget myself. I wear Bra's that has lace in the back that is deteoriating, but never have the time to buy more. My kids are my world, and i will always do everything i can for them. With baby #3 on the way ppinkstork.gif, it would be lovely to feel like a 'real wife', as well, with some beautiful maternity lingerie. Its hardwork being a mum, and part of being a mum is being a wife. A happy husband=a happy wife which equals a happy mum. grin.gif  I Love my family wub.gif

#36 mandachic

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

I am a real mum because each time my family grows, so do I!

Edited by mandachic, 28 July 2010 - 08:45 PM.

#37 Always amazed!

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:50 PM

I am much of a real mum as all the other mothers out there. I love my kids even thou they can be difficult. I may not get to shower everyday but I manage to bath my kids everyday!I may miss a meal but my kids never do !@
I always put them first. Even thou i should take care of myself more.

#38 jovena

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:39 PM

Knowing that my little ones love me for who I am - their mummy!  Warts and all - they don't see any of these!!!

#39 Chris20

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:13 PM

I have always loved children and looked after my younger cousins and then my nephews and neices but nothing can compare to having my daughter.  I feel so much emotion to think that I not only helped make her but am trusted to shape her future to be the best she can be.  I feel very honoured and blessed every day with the good and sometimes testing days.

#40 kirsty129

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (EBeditor @ 26/07/2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are giving away six gorgeous set by Cake Lingerie: three each of Meringue and Blueberry. The bras are $74.90 and briefs are $35.90 making the set $110.80.

Cake Lingerie have recently launched a campaign to find 'real' pregnant or breastfeeding women to feature in their ad campaigns so you can see how well the underwear fits average women - not models. View some of the shots from the campaign here as well as the new Blueberry and Meringue ranges:

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/photogalle...00315-q7pv.html

Then answer this question below to be in the running: 'What makes you a 'real' mum or mum-to-be'?

Competition closes Monday 9th August at 5pm. T & Cs pinned in competition forum.

#41 kirsty129

Posted 29 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

I'm a real Mum and Mum to be as I've got cellulite, stretchmarks, stretched boobs, an inny belly button that has turned outy - but still like to make an effort with stylish (yet confortable!) maternity lingerie whenever I can as I think we all need to make the most of what we have and appreciate the wonderful task our bodies do as we venture though the journey of pregnancy and creating new life!

#42 skotty30

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:17 PM

A real mum questions everytghing all the time....we can't help ourselves!

#43 BlessedMum

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:18 PM

I'm a real mum because I have a baby at my breast & a toddler on my lap while typing & I never get to finish my lunch/sentence/shower/to-do list/sleep.  
I'm a real mum because when I see a mum struggling with a crying baby or a child having a tantrum at the shops my thoughts are of love and empathy not condemnation because I too, have been there.  
It doesn't matter how different we are, our lifestyles, our kids, our birth experiences or our age or race.  There's something that profoundly changes us when you become a mum & when ou see another mum you have an instant connection.  
It is an undoing of oursleves; where we get to see what really makes us tick; how strong we are; and how deeply we can love & cry.  Being a mum has shown me how selfish I am but also how selfless & sacrificial I can be.  
I wasn't ready for how physical it is; how demanding it is day after day to be relied upon so much and so often but in this great 'undoing' of myself I have found such treasure that I now know that it is not only my 3 boys that I am shaping but that they are also shaping me.

#44 oliviasofia

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

I am a real mum because even though i am tired (actually exhausted!!) i still manage to

breastfeed my 8week old, and cook and feed my 18month old whilst managing to study

and trying not to worry about the house looking like a kindergarden. I doubt myself at

times wondering if i am doing the right thing for them and absolutley love seeing them

smile and laugh. I have learnt to accept the bad times and look forward and totally enjoy

the good times. I have also learnt to accpet the help from others and not worry that there
are times i cannot do everything. original.gif I am a real mum because my children make me happy

and motivated....I am a real mum becasue even though my body has been pushed to its

limit and is not so 'young' anymore i still like the feeling of lingere on my body and the

sensual look i can achieve even though i am breastfeeding and recovering

physically....there is always a time when lingere brings back a little luxury in a mums life

even if it is hidden, you know it is there and your confidence springs back! wink.gif Who said comfort had to be daggy!

Edited by oliviasofia, 29 July 2010 - 02:49 PM.

#45 Joe & Mick

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

I am a real mum and have been for the past 12 years. I have 3 beautiful daugters and an adorable 2 year old son and i am so proud to announce that i am now 10 weeks pregnant with baby number 5. Apart from helping my 3 daughters with their home work i am also the school photographer, fundraising helper, and also take the grades 5, 6 & 7's to interschool sports every friday from 1-3pm. I love to spend time with my children, no matter what we are doing i always find myself greatful for being a parent and learning with my children. Other than school i also have to prepair dinner for 6 every night, 3 school lunches, 1 work lunch (for hubby), care for my 2 year old son 24/7 and attend to the 4 dogs, 1 cat, 3 ducks, 2 chooks and our shetland pony every day. My 3 daughters do modelling which involves alot of time spent on catwalk training, groomimg lesson's, deportment, and many hours travelling as we live in a small rural town and need to travel to Townsville for all their training and competitions. If i had to rattle off all of the jobs i have to do in one day, just to keep this family going we would be here for ever but i will say that i can never get the house work finished and some days the washing may not get done until the afternoon or maybe the next. Thank god we just got a dishwasher because the dishes in this house are unbelievable. With not much time left by the after noon i do not get alot of time to socialize but have found great pleassure in the mother's groups online that i have found. I dream of a nice relaxing holiday but in the bottom of my heart i know that's just what it is, a dream. I would like to finish by saying i am the most blessed mother in the world.

#46 suzwill

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:33 PM

A real Mum gives her heart and support to all Mums as she knows what a tough and amazingly rewarding job it is to have a child.

#47 alisonjane

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:33 PM

I'm a real mum-to-be because I am undergoing a million changes to the way I think and do - I'm terrified and thrilled!

#48 *lalah*

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

I'm a real mum to be because I have done all sorts of things for my baby that I would not have ever done for myself - quitting smoking, drinking, eating right and getting my licence. I doubt I would have gotten around to doing any of these things if it wasn't for my baby.

#49 anikat77

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:49 AM

A real mum is willing to give up what her life used to be for her children, rewarded with sticky kisses and chubby arms around her neck...and all this, knowing that some day, not too far away, they will leave her and go away. But a real mum has no regrets, because she lived and enjoyed those precious years to the fullest while they were there.

#50 Indra

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

What makes me a 'real' mum or mum-to-be?

I'm real, as in ALIVE and a mum-to-be, as in EXPECTING MY FIRST. If I had all the answers about what it means to be a Mum I'd already have a mountain of maternity gear bbaby.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.