#1 Sandra

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

New thread time  ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=810855

#2 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

GOLD!

Tounge1.gif

Death warmed up here.  Bloody kids sharing germs!  Just hoping Hannah is healthy enough for the birthday party she has on tomorrow!  She will be devastated if she missed it!

Hannah drew a picture for me today - a big smiley face (to make me feel better) with "MUM [heart] HANNAH AND TOBY" (I did a double take at the "and" - I didn't realise she knew that!) all perfectly written... backwards! lol.

Edited by ~*Sharon*~, 05 August 2010 - 10:33 PM.

#3 mhjemma

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:21 PM

What is it with the backwards writing? Caius can write his name perfectly....but is now doing it backwards. I think it is clever, but acknowledge that I am a biased mother who thinks that anything new is simply amazing biggrin.gif

#4 Kay1

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:25 PM

Grrr. My parents have taken the kids for the night - first time ever. We were going to see a movie - but mum took my car and we accidentally gave her the bunch with the other car key on it. ddoh.gif

Just called a cab instead.....blush.gif

#5 Kay1

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

OMG i am so sick......... (where is the dying emoticon??)

#6 bellemae

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:31 PM

Sharon Hope you're on the mend. Gotta love backwards writing!! It's amazing how they can do that original.gif

sad.gif Oh no Kay, hope you're feeling better soon! How was your night out?

Mardi The backwards writing is strange isn't it! Before starting school Kai never seemed confused with his letter direction, now after 6months in Kindy he keeps getting confused between b & d, and often writes 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, all double digits, a, b, d, backwards! I don't know why this started, thinking perhaps he is seeing classmates doing it?? Or perhaps it's just an age/stage thing?

OK, very pumped here - Australian Amazing Race!!! Have downloaded the application forms, Matt is very keen too. Just have to find a video camera to borrow so we can make the application video. My parents have said they'll look after the kids if it happens... I know the chances of us getting on are slim, but I've gotta try! It'd be SO SO SOOOO much fun!!!!

Better go, another Japanese student arriving tomorrow, house still needs cleaning.....MWAH, Love you guys original.gif

Edited by bellemae, 07 August 2010 - 09:32 PM.

#7 Kay1

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:59 AM

You guys would be awesome Belle! I hope you get on!

Argh, still very sick here and Leo is being a demon.  mad.gif What is it with this kid?? I am up because I can't sleep anyway.

#8 butterflies

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:19 PM

OH crap sorry I missed it Lynny

Happy 5th Birthday Damian for yesterday!!!

Our first 5 year old and we missed it!!

hope he had a good party.

sorry not much else out of me, constant headaches for the last week, had to be at NSW Uni this morning at 7.30am for Paris band performance and then slept for 4 hours this afternoon while DH took the kids bike riding.

#9 Kay1

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Oh no!! ohmy.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMIAN!!!

Such slack mothers, by the time they're 5 we start forgetting their birthdays. Tounge1.gif

Karina - Hope you feel better soon. I am still at death's door here. sad.gif

#10 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:20 AM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMO!!!

I am so sorry Lynny!!  I was out 7.45 - 7.30 yesterday and at MILs all day today (we have only just arrived in).  I was going to jump on last night when I got in... but I forgot, sad.gif

About 90% better here at the moment.  Hannah is about 75%, and Toby is about -532%... as is usually the way.  Actually, I have no idea with Toby.  He has had a cold and asthma the last few days, but he was really unsettled on the trip home from the inlaws tonight (to the point we had to pull over for about 10 minutes to calm him down) and when I got him out he was burning hot.  Naturally I can't find a thermometer to confirm that, though.  Hopefully it is just a short lived virus, because I really want him in care on Wednesday! sad.gif  Poor baby.

Kay - I hope you are feeling better!

Belle - I did hear something at an introduction to school thing that  the turning writing has something to do with the stage of development.  I remember thinking at the time that Hannah wasn't doing it, but then she started reversing letters, and now whole words/sentences.

Karina - sad.gif  I hope the headaches clear up soon!

OK - I am off to bed.

#11 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for all the Birthday Wishes - I can't believe my little man is 5! cry1.gif

He had his party on saturday - just invited the girl over the road and a boy from preschool - that was enough I thought!  They had a blast on the trampoline and made a royal mess in the lounge wacko.gif
but it was all good.  It's after the party that the nightmare started!

Emily doesnt understand that its Damians birthday and not hers so she wanted all his toys for herself ddoh.gif Neither of them will share or let the other one play with any of the toys so the whole weekend was spent listening to them screaming at each other - thank god it's monday and Damian's at CC!! ninja.gif

The weekend before the party we had DH's friend over from NZ - another cruddy weekend *sigh*  He's a very very nice guy during the day and was great with the kids but a bit of a bad drunk at night (would never have guessed!) He spent a fortune on expensive wine (12 bottles of the stuff) and on the saturday night he started pouring them and wouldnt stop - I've had enough by midnight and went to bed.  The next morning I heard via DH that they've had a bad argument/fight.  Long story short.. DH's got a bad back from a bike injury years ago and sometimes has bad days where he has a bit of trouble walking.  DH's friend insisted that it's all in DH's head and that he can walk like a normal person if he got himself in the right mindset.. the same goes for wheelchair bound people wacko.gif It went on and on and the guy wouldnt shut up apparently.. anywho..

next morning DH's friend got up - bad headache and no memory of the night before!  Had a quiet day at home and then that afternoon DH drove him back to the airport.. ANYWAY.. I went to the guest bedroom and noticed that the sheets were bundled up in a little ball but the doona was neatly covering the bed and the pillows put back in place with the pattern side facing down.. I thought hmm okay weird.. pick up the bundle of sheets to chuck it in the wash when I noticed a yellow stain.. first thing I thought was "crap I didnt put an old cruddy sheet on the bed did I?" I flick the sheet out over the bed to look at it and it's got a massive pee stain on it!!!!  I look at the doona and could notice a faint but massive pee stain near the top part of it - flip it over and the other side has got pee on it!  The mattress was fine (flipped it over and the other side was okay as well).  I am just so annoyed and disgusted with him!  He seems like such a gentleman during the day and a bit of a pig when he has a drink rant.gif  DH hasnt said anything to his friend about it because he knows he'll be mortified over it.  I swear next time he comes over he'll be sleeping outside on a plastic sheet!

anyway enough whinging!  LOL

Kay, Karina - Sharon - Hope you guys feel better soon!  hhugs.gif

Kay - I hear you on the demon child thing.  Emily is gorgeous on her own but when Damian is here she's a right monster!  If you tell her off she just gets worse and starts destroying things around the house ninja.gif

gotta run and clean the bombsite!  waves.gif

Edited by ~~Lynny~~, 09 August 2010 - 09:55 AM.

#12 Kay1

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:44 AM

Just back from Gp. I have tonsillitis. (no wonder I can hardly swallow). Leo has ear infection, possible tonsillitis and would you believe Hand Foot and bloody Mouth!! rant.gif

I made the appointment his morning for both of us because I wanted him to check Leo's ears as he's been so miserable. Anyway I cahnged his nappy just before we went and saw he had a rash all over his legs and then by the time we got to the GP his hands were COVERED in blisters. cry1.gif He only had it a few weeks ago. Then he only had about 5 spots but this time he has hundreds. And of course the old fear sets in about Nate.

Sigh - oh well.....we are hanging out in the backyard atm while the cleaners are here, kids are happy enough at the moment thank god.

#13 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:57 AM

Oh no, what horrid luck Kay sad.gif  Hope you're both on the mend soon!

#14 butterflies

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:44 AM

Oh Kay tonsilitis is awful!! hope you get better soon and Leo too of course it must be scary.

Lynny wow what a pig of a house guest, I would have called him and abused him for the mess he left yuk!!

glad Damian had a good birthday as for the presents I would put them in Damo's room and then put a gate on the door, but that's just me being a cruel mother, I think the birthday child needs to play with their own toys for a week then they can share LOL!!

me went to the chiro thismorning to see if he could fix my headache, he has fixed part of it but I stil have pain in the front of my face, in the sinus and around my eyes. weird.

#15 Titania

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY DAMO!!!!
Sorry Lynny. sad.gif  I'd better dig out the birthday list.

OH NO Kay! I can't believe it. sad.gif Hope you are all better pronto.

Been coughing for weeks here. So over it.

Have rebooked our FNQ holiday for Sept - so hope we don't have to cancel again. Am really over one of my contracts at the moment. *sigh

Erk Lynny... if it makes you feel any better - one of my female friends peed in our paper basket, many years ago whilst drunk.  sick.gif
But even worse, 20 years ago when I worked for Greenpeace, one of my 'colleagues' peed in our boss's hat, while we are sleeping over at a house party. This was the hat that he wore every single day, like an extension of his head. Imagine the mortification!
original.gif

Karina - horrid re the headaches. Have you had your eyes tested? Though it does sound like sinusitis.

Edited by Titania, 09 August 2010 - 11:51 AM.

#16 bellemae

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

Oh crap Lynny - sorry I missed it!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMO!!! 5 Already! ohmy.gif where did that time go??

Oh Kay sad.gif Tonsillitis is horrid! Hope both you and Leo get better quickly.

T Fingers crossed for you that everything goes well for your holiday this time.

Karina Blergh, don't get me started on headaches - they're driving me seriously batty!! I hope you get the source of yours sorted out. Do you clench your jaw? Clenching your jaw (I do it in my sleep!) stresses a lot of muscles - those that reach around the back of your head (base of your skull), and those which stretch over your face around your eyes and over your nose - the stress on these muscles can present as headaches which feel very similar to sinus pain.

I have had headaches more often that not for at least the last 10yrs. I've always just accepted it, and dealt with it - finally last week decided to see my Dr about it - he was fabulous! He's set up some sort of care plan which involves him, an osteo, an acupuncturist, a naturopath, and a physio, and they're hoping that together they can get to the bottom of it once and for all. They're also sending me for a CT scan!

#17 Kay1

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

Awww....my friend just brought me the yummiest homemade chicken soup. wub.gif I feel better already.

#18 butterflies

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:30 PM

I just booked in Zahli's birthday party, she loves animals so we are having a baby animal party, the lady brings rabbits, guinea pigs and baby chicks and all the kids have a basket and they all get to brush them and play with the animals, very cute.

any I am freaking out because other than Paris' 8th birthday party I have never done a party at home.  oh well guess it had to come one day LOL!!

Kay have the anti b's kicked in yet?

Belle - thanks for all that info, no I don't clench my jaw but it remembered today that I haven't taken an anti histamine for the last week as I have run out (I take one every day for hay fever) so I am guessing it has to do with that, must go the chemist tomorrow.

I hope you get your heaches sorted out soon, I too had a CT scan because I had a head ache for over a month, had blood tests, scan and everything was negative, Dr told me to go for a massage and the head ache went away.

Paris is going to her crushs birthday party this weekend, she is the only girl going and I can't believe she agreed to go (as it's usually oh such and such isn't going) oh dear dog where does it go from here pmsl!!!

#19 Kay1

Posted 10 August 2010 - 08:21 AM

Karina - Ooooh, brave girl Paris. They do start early don't they? My 6 year old niece told her mum the other day that she is 'popular'. When SIL asked her how she knows she said "because all the boys love me".  ohmy.gif Its true too apparently.

Anti-b's are starting to work. I slept a bit more last night since I could actually swallow. Did have a massive coughing fit for a while though. I can just about function as long as I keep the nurofen going.

Poor poor Leo. sad.gif His hand are just a mess, the fingers have so many blisters they are all swollen together. cry1.gif His palms are completely red and it must hurt so much. He has huge white ulcers on his tongue and a fine rash all around his knees and legs. Thankfully he seems slightly happier since starting the antib's and keeping the nurofen up. DH took Nate to preschool and I am going to try and get someone to pick him up for me because I really don't want to take Leo anywhere near preschool. Just going to try and lie low here today - rain is really adding to the experience LOL.

Headaches - another one who gets them here. I am pretty sure mine is related to the pill though. I get a migraine around my period every month since I started the pill again. Mine goes down the right side of my shoulder/back. Its all one big knot in there. I have been getting DH to rub Tiger Balm on it the last few days after a solid week of pain and it seems to be helping. I got Bowen Therapy once and that really seemed to help. Might need to do that again. I just never seem to have time/energy to do any of the stuff for myself that needs doing. Usual Mum thing.

#20 bellemae

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

Oh poor Leo sad.gif  Hope the anti b's kick in quickly!

sad.gif Flipping Centrelink has decided Matt can't get Austudy to complete his degree....This is the first time EVER he's managed to knuckle down and stay motivated to achieve something, he's doing so, so well, he'd be done next year and they've decided he's used up all his 'allowable time'. Apparently (would have been nice to know this earlier) any study you've done over the past 10years counts towards your allowable time, whether you claimed any benefits from Centrelink or not! So times when he's studied part-time and not claimed anything still came away from his allowable Austudy time  rant.gif  so cranky we were never told!

#21 Kay1

Posted 10 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

Ah that stinks Belle! rant.gif

#22 Titania

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

Belle - I'd try again. The amount of times I've been given different answers from Centrelink is unbelievable. Chances are someone's got it wrong. The other thing he may be able to do is make a 'study agreement' with them (like a contract), in order to receive Newstart while studying. It was something that was suggested to me a while back in case DH didn't get his scholarship.

Kay - how are you and Leo? yes, I get headaches at AF time too - but not on pill here. Not migraines thankfully - or I couldn't get out of bed for three days.

Does anyone want to take over the birthday list from me? I can forward it if so, I just know I won't remember every time at mo.

Gee the boys are doing our heads in at the moment. Well it's G mostly. So much fighting, hitting (his bro and anybody else), and arguing. I am sick of shouting at them. He's just behaving so badly to L a lot of the time - often unprovoked.

#23 bellemae

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

T I wish it was a mistake, I have no faith in Centrelink to get it right either. I called and asked a different person whether allowable time is based only on time studied while receiving Austudy, or all your study time. She was pretty clear that yes, it was all your study time regardless *sigh* I'm sure it'll be fine and we'll find a way to get by, just wish it were a little easier. I'm so sick of applying for jobs and getting nothing, starting to feel like nobody will ever want me sad.gif I know that's not the case and eventually I will find something, it just seems to be taking so bloody long....

#24 Kay1

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:49 PM

Chin up Belle. Jobhunting is the worst.  bbighug.gif That Newstart thing sounds like a possibility though.

T - I can post the birthday list if you want. I'm shocking at remembering the actual dates but am happy to post the list at the beginning of each thread (about one a month these days LOL). Feeling a lot better now thanks, just normal coldish feeling and a cough. Leo is ok, his hands are too revolting though. sick.gif We are stuck at home til the blisters dry up - really hoping they go quicker than the last time he had it. Poor Nate is missing tennis and therapy today because of us.

My migraines generally last about 5 hours and incl. vomiting etc but the last one was not as intense but it came and went for a week. It was horrible. I couldn't function without constant Migraine strength Nurofen or Mersyndol.  Really need to get it sorted.

#25 butterflies

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

Karen or any other MCN user in the know

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=818218

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.