September 05 Parents # 398

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#26 Titania

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

Have replied Karina.

Kay - will email you list tomorrow. THANK YOU.

#27 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:46 AM

sorry for the late reply - really busy over here..  wacko.gif

Belle - how painful and unfair! sad.gif  I hope things sort themselves out somehow.  Good luck with job hunting hhugs.gif

Kay - hope your little man gets better soon - it sounds horrible sad.gif

T - thank god for your post - I'm in exactly the same boat with Emily.  She is a right horror to have around atm.  CONSTANTLY fighting with Damian - if you tell her off for smacking Damian it just makes things worse and she'll try and get rid of her anger by throwing things on the floor or ripping paper up or just smacking Damian harder.. Thats one of the main reasons why I changed their CC days so that they are in on different days.  By herself she is the cutest little thing but as soon as Damian comes home all hell breaks loose.  Weekends are the worst - I just feel like locking myself in the bedroom all day so I dont have to deal with it! ninja.gif  Roll on next year when Damian will be at school 5 days a week tthumbs.gif

#28 Titania

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Ha Lynny! original.gif
I am just always telling them 'I don't want to hear about it' or 'One more time, and you can each go in your rooms separately' - or any other variation. Most of the time G has time out in his room, and comes and says sorry to everyone - and does the same thing ten minutes later. GAAAH. L is always 'dobbing' on G, and I use the same line - which TBH probably isn't completely fair to L - but we're at the point of being completely over it, and at a loss for what else to do. Oh, and we're back to the high pitched scream as well, just for laughs.

Erk, think I've got sinusitis, speaking of migraines.
And I'm really not enjoying one of my contracts at the moment - just want it to be over. /whinge

#29 Kay1

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:07 AM

T - sad.gif I woke up in agony with a sore neck/head this morning. I am so over this neck thing!! Finally coming out of the flu haze (although still very stuffy) and now this. I sent Nate off to preschool with Dh (so he was there at 8am again blush.gif), took nurofen and watched the Wiggles with Leo and a heatpack. Can move without pain now but still feel blergh.

Gah, I think being so sick I have realised I just can't handle any more kids. cry1.gif Makes me so sad but I really think I need to be realistic. Chances of getting Dh to agree to another one are pretty much zero anyway. Sigh - better find me a job then laughing2.gif .

Sorry to hear the Terrible Twos are giving you guys hell. Leo is starting to get aggressive to Nate now too, will push him away and hit him etc. He's not too bad though. He is so much happier at home with me alone though. He gets to play with whatever he wants without interruption and interference.

#30 Kay1

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

I just booked in Zahli's birthday party, she loves animals so we are having a baby animal party, the lady brings rabbits, guinea pigs and baby chicks and all the kids have a basket and they all get to brush them and play with the animals, very cute.

I've got to say Karina, that sounds awesome!! I had better start thinking of something for Nate!

#31 bellemae

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

Kay sad.gif  IT is sad to realise that you're not having any more kids. Matt said a definite no ages ago, I still struggle with the fact that we're done...I just love little babies so so much!!

Well, as for us, the whole Amazing race thing was a bit of a flop, the dates are just not possible for us (Matt would miss his uni exams), so isn't even worth sending in an application. Feeling really bummed about it, as it's something we both would so love to do...guess stuff like that is for lucky people, and we're so not fitting into that category these days sad.gif

#32 Kay1

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:18 PM

Belle - bbighug.gif

#33 Starbuck

Posted 13 August 2010 - 04:25 PM

Sorry about my lack of posting guys. I read every day, I am just lazy blush.gif . You can all see my goings on on facebook though.  laugh.gif

I am coming to terms more with not having any more. It has taken me a while though.

I say Alyssia play the drums today. I had never seen her. She learns and plays at school but we don't have a drum kit. She was awesome. She is the only Junioor schooler in the band. They normally start in year 3. You can barely see her up the back and they have had to remove the tom tom's. laughing2.gif

As she was packing up the drums after the special assembly, big kids were pointing at her going "wow, she's the drummer, she is so young!!" It's nice to have some positive things to say about her.

The Paed in Sydney gave her melatonin to help her sleep issues and so far it seems to be really helping. It will be just so great when she goes to bed at a normal kid time and doesn't carry on. Our nightshave just beem horrendous. And poor DH has been working so hard lecturing (his first semester of having to write his own lectures and tutes. And he is working till all hours of the night. And Alyssia having a meltsdown, and then me having a meltdown  blush.gif isn't helping.

Gotta go get Rosie now. I will have to try to be a better septemberry.

#34 Kay1

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

That is great news, Kirsten. I am sure it made her feel really good to hear the other kids talk about her like that. original.gif She certainly sounds talented. original.gif I am glad the paed gave her melatonin, I have heard gret things about it. Nate's paed actually recommended it for him but he sleeps well, he's just always tired. He sometimes tells us he's awake all night but I'm not sure I believe him. unsure.gif He never wakes us up.

Well no news here, just so bored. Have had another boring day at home. I thought Nate was getting sick as he had a fever last night but today seems ok. The two of them are running around like lunatics at the moment. They are laughing so I'll let them go til there's crying...they need to burn off some energy LOL. Leo's hands are about 50% better. Still lots of blisters but they are gradually drying up.

Me, still coughing and feeling a bit fragile but finally getting over this flu. I have been taking codeine at night to stop the coughing but I think its causing migraines, somehow. I have woken up with them three days in a row. This morning's was so bad I threw up - but then it almost immediately lifted. shrug.gif

Really hope we get to do something this weekend, I am SO BORED!! We are going out for dinner tomorrow night so that will be good. DH's best mate is 38 and has his first girlfriend! She is from Melbourne and he will be moving down there soon so tomorrow we are meeting her for the first time. original.gif

Ok, that's enough drivel from me. Better get these kids into bed I guess.

Edited by Kay1, 13 August 2010 - 06:20 PM.

#35 Kay1

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

Lynny - Lynette
Sydney Hills district NSW
Damian
7/8/05

Crackajac - Jac
Newcastle NSW
Katie
23/8/05

Lee27 - Leanne
Parkinson QLD
Brock
25/8/05

Bekbeks - Rebekah
Mildura VIC
Fraser
26/8/05

- Sharon
Melbourne VIC
Hannah
28/8/05

Fraseky - Kylie
Perth WA
Niamh Ianthe
1/9/05

Ryans mum - Lisa
Perth WA
Ryan
5/9/05

Happyhearts - Bronwyn
Narangba QLD
Caleb
6/9/05

MirandaW - Miranda
Wollongong NSW
Charlotte
7/9/05

Kirsten G - Kirsten
Bathurst NSW
Rosalie
7/9/05

BronR - Bron
Marrickville NSW
Rory
7/9/05

Butterflies - Karina
Hills District, Sydney NSW
Zahli
8/9/05

~*danielle~* - Danielle
Melbourne VIC
Jasmine
12/9/05

cohenandlani - Rochelle/Shell
Newcastle NSW
Lani
13/9/05

oops twins - Judy
Melbourne VIC
Lily & Hannah
15/9/05

Helli
Currumbin, QLD
Yasmin
  15/9/05

mhjemma - Mardi
Melbourne VIC
Caius
15/9/05

Curlzzz - Kelly
Sunshine Coast QLD
Noah
16/9/05

Domestic Goddess - Tash
Remote WA
Zachary
16/9/05

Enchantress79 - Leesa
Glenbrook NSW
Lilian
17/9/05

sotetno - Melanie
Marrickville, Sydney NSW
Ernie
19/9/05

2boysmummy - Karen
Newcastle NSW
Matthew
20/9/05

R2 - Renee
Canberra ACT
Wil
20/9/05

Titania
Sydney NSW
Lorcan
20/9/05

Kay1 - Kay
Sydney NSW
Nate
26/9/05

bellemae - Belle
Byron Bay NSW
Kai
1/10/05

maisy_jane - Kate
Taree NSW
Jake
5/10/05

#36 Kay1

Posted 17 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

Gee this thread is dead! sad.gif

Well I have made the school decision.  ninja.gif in case anyone's interested LOL.

Nate will be going to the further away school.

I am quite sad in a way because the closer school is lovely and I know many people going there. I feel its our community school too. But I feel justified in my decision....because.... this morning I spoke to some women at yoga with kids at the closer school and they raved wildly about it. Until I asked how they handle kids with different abilities. They asked why and I explained Nate's reading level. They both admitted that it was not a strength of the school and that they knew several kids who had left because the school simply didn't cater for them. sad.gif Immediately after that I met with the assistant principal of the further school and was so impressed. She is just so on top of things and they are super organised with accelerated learners. They tend to get a lot of them too because of their reputation so she said he certainly won't be alone in his reading level etc. original.gif Everything about the school just feels really professional and the kids are all so happy and the teachers are genuinely lovely and affectionate with the kids. They really foster the whole child approach too, not just academics. The teachers seem super accessible and open to consultation which is heartening. So all in all it seems counterproductive to go down a path where obvious pitfalls await, despite its attractions, when there is a great alternative available. Now to buy a bike! laughing2.gif

#37 butterflies

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hi all

I am feeling awful and so sick, still have to battle on though.

Kay yay on your decision, just though you might like to look and these then

http://www.tagabikes.com/options.asp

#38 Kay1

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

You have my sympathy Karina! I am so glad to be feeling 90% better. I hope you feel better soon. Is it the flu?

That bike thing looks cool. I think I'll get one of these:
Weeride

and one of these:
Cycletow

Need a bike for me too of course. original.gif

#39 Starbuck

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:19 PM

Kay That is great about the school. Especially if you already have info about whether or not they will cater to Nate's ability. I think it is important that a school can cater to both advanced kids and kids needing additional support because for some gifted kids it really hampers the rest of their progress, socially etc.

Anyway, not sure if I make sense.... have had a migraine tonight.

Us, well, as you will see on facebook the melatonin is an absolute success story!!  ddance.gif We have been able to push bedtime an hour earlier as of sunday night. And in one go!! She just settles, we don't hear from her again. There is no bed squeaking from fidgeting and no calling out and all the other crap. She is still backchatting something horrendous though, but hopefully now we have peace at night we can focus on other issues. Definately us being less stressed at night means we have a break to be able to deal with the rest of her issues.

I am struggling to keep up with my uni work. I am trying to do the subject I dropped out of last year. The funniest thing happened the other day... there is the special university society I had never heard of, The Golden Key. DH had heard of it at uni, basically they 'invite' people to join based on 'excellent' uni results. He thinks its a bit of a wank (maybe cause he wasn't invited  tongue.gif and I suppose it sounds a bit silly, but I don't want to offend anyone incase they're in it or something  laughing2.gif ) Anyway, I have completed a grand total of ONE university subject, I got a HD in it, and I was invited based on "my outstanding uni results of the past year"  roll2.gif ONE subject I have done.  roll2.gif

Better go to bed now DH is home from the movies.  waves.gif

Edited for spelling/typos, they really shouldn't invite me to their smart people club lol

Edited by Starbuck, 17 August 2010 - 11:23 PM.

#40 Kay1

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:47 AM

LOL Kirsten: I totally got sucked into that Golden Key crap at uni, so did DH. We paid the money (our parents were stoked so they paid laughing2.gif), went to this ceremony thing and then never heard another thing. Every few years we get a wanky newsletter thing. What a scam.

So glad the melatonin is working well. You guys so need a break. I hope her other behaviour settles a bit more soon.

#41 Starbuck

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

Kay laughing2.gif

Well me. The wrist I fell on is getting worse and worse. I had an xray today. The funny thing is I read up on what might be the problem now and think that I may have done it before. I have for the last few years called this wrist my "bad wrist" and would at times have to wear a splint. I figured this was just a part of my condition, I never really thought about an actual cause  laughing2.gif I am so used to things being stiff, sore, swollen for no apparent reason... My only worry is if there is no fracture I am screwed. My wrist has lost most of it's range, I cannot even try to push my way through pain to get it to bend, it just won't bend!! The splinting I have been doing has made my thumb joint bad (it's another one of those "bad joints") so now I am unsure what to do. Thankfully I see my rheumy on Friday and she will have results of x ray and can then advise.  wacko.gif

I realise I am probably annoying the crap out of most people on facebook with my political views, I just get a bit over excited. I may have to tone it down though, I don't want people to dislike me over my views  unsure.gif . I can just stick to talking at DH, even though he agrees with lots of my these himself, with him getting exasperated(?) hehehe

OK, my stiff wrist wants me to stop typing.

#42 Kay1

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:34 PM

Just squeaking in a quick happy birthday to my dearest Sparky wub.gif . Can't believe he's 2 today - although he's been behaving like it for about a year now. laughing2.gif

Just finished the cake so off to bed.

#43 Starbuck

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:50 PM

Happy Birthday Leo!!! I cannot believe he is two!! (and I just made it in time)

Today I spent from 8am to 9:30 pm travelling just to see my Dr in Sydney. Crazy! ffear.gif My wrist isn't fractured according to the xray, but I am having an MRI of it since it has been as issue for a while. Plus I got a cortisone injection into it.

Tomorrow, huuuuuugeeee day for me after todays already long day. Our school is having a fete and I am helping for an hour on the kids craft table and I don't really like kids or craft.  wacko.gif Alyssia is playing drums in the school band, and then I am handing out how to votes for 2 hours. Tomorrow night we were attempting to have an election party and managed 2 people so now we just look lame ass.  blush.gif

Have fun voting people! Time for ssleep.gif

#44 Kay1

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:46 PM

Our school is having a fete and I am helping for an hour on the kids craft table and I don't really like kids or craft.

LMAO Kirsten. I look forward to more political status updates this evening. We didn't get around to organising an election night party but at the party this morning discovered our friends are all going to one (different ones LOL) so now I feel left out. Tounge1.gif Oh well, pizza and the tv will do me for tonight.

Leo's little party was good. Nothing fancy, just a couple of families and our parents. It was fun though, the kids all had fun and played well together. Its nice the ages they are now, we don't have to watch them like hawks all the time (since house and yard are kid safe). original.gif

Cake turned out ok, not my best. Leo was not as bowled over as he could have been, but he did eat about 4 slices. I'm not at all sure he realised it was his party LOL.

Just got back from voting (at the near school where we have decided not to send Nate). It was such a nice short walk laughing2.gif.

Better go, Nate is in non stop asking questions mode. I seem to have fobbed him off onto a book but I suspect its shortlived.

#45 butterflies

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:18 AM

Happy 5th Birthday Katie!!!

we hope you have a fantastic day

doesn't 5 seem so much older than 4!

#46 Titania

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:53 AM

Aw, Happy 5th Birthday Katie - not so little girl. original.gif

#47 Kay1

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:00 AM

Happy Birthday Katie!! Have a lovely day beautiful girl.

#48 Starbuck

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

Happy Birthday Katie!!!! I hope you had a lovely day! (I know for sure you had lovely cake, your Mum is a star!)

#49 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 24 August 2010 - 07:02 AM

Happy Birthday Katie!  and a belated Happy Birthday to Leo!

Sorry for being MIA - pc problems and what not - should be sorted out soon though! wink.gif

hope you're all well!  waves.gif

#50 Kay1

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:10 AM

Happy Birthday Brock!! We hope you have a wonderful day with your mum and dad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.