#51 butterflies

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

Happy Birthday Brock!! have a wonderful day

#52 Starbuck

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:53 PM

Have a wonderful birthday Brock!!!!!

#53 Titania

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:33 AM

Happy Birthday for yesterday little man!!

#54 bellemae

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

A belated

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROCK!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEO!!!

I think that's all I missed!   blush.gif Sorry, lost in my own world...

Hope the days were fabulous for all!!!

#55 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

Happy Birthday to all the septemberries I've missed - sorry for posting this late.  PC dramas - DH finally got me a new secondhand one which is fantastic compared to my old one!

so yeah been spending way too much time loading software onto it and moving data from one to the other etc..

nothing new here really... Emily has been doing poo's in the toilet for more than a week now woohoo!  a few months ago she did one in the potty but I think it was an accident lol  she also hates the potty and loves the big toilet huh.gif  I'm just so happy she's using it.. Damo was still having regular accidents (or just being lazy IMO!) until after his 3rd b/day so Emmy is doing well tthumbs.gif

anywho gotta run.. I did something to my back yesterday and it hurts like anything sitting here!  waves.gif

#56 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:56 AM

Happy Birthday Hannah!  Hope you have a wonderful birthday!  original.gif

Edited by ~~Lynny~~, 28 August 2010 - 06:57 AM.

#57 Kay1

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:21 AM

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Awww....our babes are so big now!

#58 Titania

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:26 AM

Happy Birthday Hannah!

#59 Kay1

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:12 PM

Argh, will this never end???????

Both kids have terrible conjunctivitis. sad.gif Nate was up crying with it most of last night, I am shattered. He is still in heaps of pain today and hating the cream, he gets himself into a total state at the very thought of it. He's finally just crashed on the lounge and Leo is watching a movie. We are supposed to be going out to the preschool trivia night tonight but we can't leave them with anyone and anyway the babysitter cancelled because her son is sick. I was going to go and leave DH here but I think I am too tired (and STILL coughing) so maybe he will go.

Sigh.....and worst of all tomorrow is one of Nate's friend's (and a good friend's daughter's) birthday party tomorrow and unless there's a miracle between now and tomorrow afternoon we'll have to miss that too. cry1.gif So over all this sickness!!

Ok pity party over.

#60 butterflies

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

Happy Birthday Hannah

hope you have a wonderful day

#61 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 29 August 2010 - 01:35 AM

Thanks for Hannah's Birthday Wishes! And Happy Birthday to any I have missed! blush.gif

Argh - I can breath again!  Hannah's party was great - she had an awesome day.  I do think, though, that it is the last home party we are going to have for a LONG time!!

This last week has been a nightmare.  I had a stall promoting a new business a friend and I are starting (same thing as what I already do, but targeted at kinders as a form of fundraising).  So this meant a heap of new advertising material to be designed, a new website to be put together, not to mention business registrations to get in place and all that.  So the last fortnight has been spent planning for that.  The actual stall was Wednesday (all day),

Thursday was spent at appointments, and getting my car towed because I didn't realise that the area I was parked was a clearway in the afternoon. (I was parked just after a side street, and the block before has parking much later, and I was on the into-city side of the road, so it did not even occur to me that the clearway would start as early as 3!)

Anyway, I ended up cleaning and preparing for the party ALL of Friday (until 2am) then was up again at 7 to finish off for a 10am party.  As it was when the first couple of guests arrived Hannah had not yet got into her dress. Oops.

Once we got past that, though, it all went fairly smoothly (aside from some of the kids going into Hannah's bedroom, and hence a couple of the kinder parents as well - her room had been used to stash any dirty washing, as it is closest to the laundry, and there had been a heap of toys "put away" by Hannah, which involves throwing them in the doorway... so I am quite certain I can never show my face around them again!  Her room was awful!)

Anyway, I need to get off the computer and into bed.  I started this post hours ago! lol.  I'll try to be back on sometime soon!

#62 Titania

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

Oh not again Kay!
Same  here - unable to go to a friend's b-day today - up half the night with a snotty G (actually think he might have Obstructive Sleep apnea) - and so tired. He has a temp today - and I don't think we want to give the 2 year old a cold for her b-day. sad.gif
Just hope we won't all be sick to go on our holiday next week.

My beloved feline companion is having to be put down in a few days. sad.gif

Sounds like an ordeal Sharon!

#63 Kay1

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

Oh hell T - sounds like we are living parallel lives.

Sorry to hear about puss sad.gif . You have to do what's best for her though. bbighug.gif

Edited by Kay1, 29 August 2010 - 10:13 AM.

#64 Starbuck

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:16 PM

I can't believe all these kids are turning 5!! I want my baby back.  cry1.gif  I can totally see myself as one of those crying Mums next year in the first week of school.

As some of you will have seen on Facebook I am very proud of Alyssia as she won a scholarship at the local music conservatorium. About 70 kids auditioned and she was one of the 15-20 chosen. It is a smaller scholarship, which is generally what they do with the younger ones, save the larger scholarships for more advanced students. Basically it is a qtr of her tuition next year plus musicianship/theory lessons free (cause otherwise they wouldn't do them  laugh.gif ) Also she had her second lesson with her new teacher today (new one left 2 weeks ago just before audition and eistedfod  aannoyed.gif ) and it basically went like this (and yes its the same as facebook)
At the beginning: "here are some Preliminary grade exercises/pieces, we might work towards doing the exam later next year". Halfway through: "Maybe March then..." End lesson: "maybe we'll just do these the next couple of weeks then push through to harder stuff" *Lesson interpersed with amazed chuckles as she got the exercises on the first or second try* He really didn't expect to even get through them all let alone her almost being able to do this perfectly!! She can also just take on board his corrections straight away which is amazing. Though she doesn't always focus on everything he says, she will hear the first bit then either be playing it or you can see she is playing it in her mind and has kinda tuned out.

She is in the eistedfod over the weekend for piano and violin so fingers crossed she gets a place in one thing at least.

As you can see I am very proud, so hopefully people can indulge me. I do find it hard to feel really positive about Alyssia at times when it's been difficult so I like when I can be really proud and positive.

I am really stressed atm cause I am at the same point as last year uni wise when I dropped out. I have a big assignment to do and I need to ask for an extension. I will have to be super motivated to do it since I am so well practiced in procrastination.

Good luck everyone with all your birthday preperations. Hopefully all our little septemberries will have great days!  biggrin.gif

ETA  So sorry to hear about your Cat T. sad.gif It's awful when they get so sick. Hopefully G's a bit better too!!

And Kay I saw on facebook that you have cracked a rib!!!  ohmy.gif  I hope you heal soon. It must be awful especially if you are still coughing!! i hope you get better soon.

Edited by Starbuck, 01 September 2010 - 08:19 PM.

#65 Kay1

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:06 PM

Kirsten that is just fantastic!! eexcite.gif OMG I would be SOOOOO proud. I always wanted to play violin when I was a kid and I think kids playing violin are just the coolest thing ever - and for her to have such a gift for it is just amazing. Awesome news and it is great that there is such a great flipside to her difficult behaviour. Artistic geniuses do not have a reputation for nothing! I love seeing different kids' gifts - I was at the preschool parents night tonight and one of the other mums was looking at her son's journal and he is such a good artist, I was just amazed!! I would be so proud of my kid to be doing that - and apparently her other son is a brilliant singer original.gif . Nate's scrawls and paint splotches were just miles away in comparison so I had to say in his defence that he could read - blush.gif laughing2.gif

Thanks for the sympathy, I'm not actually 100% sure the rib is cracked. I have a referral for the x-ray but no time to go. Its actually feeling a bit better today, we have had a really warm day and I think its helped the cough. Let's hope it starts to go away soon hands.gif .

Good luck with the uni assignments.

Edited by Kay1, 01 September 2010 - 09:07 PM.

#66 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:49 PM

Kirsten - that is awesome!!

T - I am so sorry to hear about your cat. sad.gif

Just to forewarn you all, turning 5 appears to come with a horrible attitude! *sigh*  I am about ready to put Hannah up for adoption.

On the flip side, though, I just had a look at the card she is currently making, and she has written on the inside:

"Hannah [heart] Daddy

YT YS Y AND MAY DASNY DADDY I LOVE UOY"

Translation - Hannah loves Daddy - It is you and me dancing, Daddy I love you" wub.gif

#67 Starbuck

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

Awwwwwww!

#68 Kay1

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:43 AM

Happy Birthday for yesterday Ryan. original.gif

#69 Kay1

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:45 AM

Sharon that is SO cute!!

We have hit the F-ing fives here too lately. Gah! Nate is being so naughty and cheeky and so boisterous! Most unlike him and its a big shock. He screamed at me in the supermarket on Friday and I had to ban tv for the rest of the day - worse for me than him.  glare.gif

We need some more posters in here!!!! unsure.gif

#70 bellemae

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:37 AM

Hiya all, sorry haven't been posting, my life seems rather boring, nothing to say...Feeling a bit flat lately, just nothing really going on, no purpose, not heading anywhere, kinda feel like my purpose here is 'support person', cleaning, cooking, washing, teaching, but nothing for myself...sigh...sure it will pass...

My brother (well his partner) had a baby yesterday original.gif Their 2nd, it was very quick, he ended up delivering the baby on the floor by their back door! All went very smoothly, sounds like an amazing experience for them all!!!  Strange thing about having a family member have a baby (rather than a close friend), is I feel like we have to wait longer before visiting - And I so so want to see the little bubba. But giving them time and space I'll probably have to wait a week or so before seeing her *sigh*

As for us all is relatively well...plodding along.

We shipped Tien out of their shared bedroom a week ago so we could leave Kai to cry it out (well yell it out) in the night, worked a treat so far. We've not gone in to him at night for around a week, he's still been waking up, and occasionally calling out, but he quickly remembers that nobody is coming and stops and goes back to sleep. Hopefully this is our breakthrough moment and the sleeping continues, I'm so, so sick of the broken nights.

In three weeks time I'm going to be shooting a wedding! *sh*tting myself* I'm sure all will be fine, it's just the pressure of being responsible for capturing someone's special day that gets me.

Not sure if I mentioned our students we've been having here, it's been great. So far we've had two Japanese girls (2 weeks each), they were both teenagers (16) and just lovely. The kids have really enjoyed meeting new people and learning little bits of Japanese. Next we have a girl staying for 6 months! Really hope we get along well as 6 months will feel like a long time if we don't. She's 18 and from Switzerland, but living in Tunisia with her parents at the moment. Should be an interesting experience for all of us original.gif

Better go, house to clean....joy...

#71 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:51 AM

Damo's at CC - photo day today original.gif  Em is in the lounge having a milk and bub is asleep in the bassinet next to me - fast asleep and ever so stinky!! sick.gif

Big Happy Birthday to any of the septemberries I've missed.  It's been a little bit chaotic over here wacko.gif

Nothing interesting to report really - god I have a boring life! laughing2.gif  mellow.gif  sad.gif  cry1.gif

Ahhh  the horrible F..ing Fives - yep in full force here too I'm afraid.. made worse by the fact that Emily wont leave Damian alone so there is constant fighting going on.. literally!  I dread weekends when the kids are together  sad.gif

Lots of cheek and back chatting but only to me, not so much to DH  glare.gif It is seriously doing my head in..  I can be busy feeding the baby and the fights will start - I beg, plead, negotiate, yell etc promise to give them anything in the world if they can just be quiet so bubs can finish his feed in peace but nope!

I'm at that stage now where I just dont want to hear about it..  I am so over the "muuuuuum! such and such broke this"  or "muuuuum so and so is hurting me!" wacko.gif

On the flip side they can both be terribly sweet with it.. but not seeing enough of that side of them unfortunately

Feeling very fragile and tired this week..  AF is around the corner too which doesnt help  ph34r.gif

Kids have been particularly naughty/deaf etc then I had a night where bub would not let me put him down - not in his cot or in my bed - had to hold him in my arms sitting up till 4am.. then at 6am the other two woke up.. I was a mess!  Was hoping to catch up on sleep the next night but then the other two were acting up till late into the night..  two or three more nights of kids playing up arghh.. then DH's friend came over for a couple of drinks on saturday night.. he ended up spending the night.  But he's a bloody pain because he smokes a lot.  He was up just before 4am to smoke and go on the internet.. everytime he went outside to smoke he'd slam the door on his way back in rant.gif  then theres loud cups of coffee being prepared in the kitchen - listening to news on the net etc.. he's so f..ng inconsiderate!!  Damo eventually woke up and I caught him playing out the front at 4:30am - front door was left open!  Asked him to come back inside and the tantrums started - enough to wake Emily and the baby..  god I've never been so angry in my life - I was WILD!  Couldnt talk to DH's friend after that I was too angry (not that he says good morning in the mornings anyway  glare.gif  )  Anyway I just wanted to say that I take my hat off to you girls with long term sleeping problems.. I've had a week of interrupted or non existing sleep and I'm really close to skinning a cat!! rant.gif  where's the smiley with the twitching eye ball?? laugh.gif  blush.gif

Anywho.. thank god for CC!  I'm off to the shops soon to get some food then I'll come back for a nanna nap with Em in the lounge.. oops need to take pics of my bum too - I'm trying out for Trinny and Suzanna's Make Over Comp Tounge1.gif

Just quickly...

Sharon - what gorgeous words in Hannah's card wub.gif

Kay - yep I have to think carefully about punishment - cutting out tv or hiding a favorite toy is sometimes more punishment for me! wacko.gif   How's the cracked rib going btw?

Kirsten - yay thats fantastic!  huge Congrats to you both original.gif  you must be so proud

T - hope you and the boys are keeping well - sounds like you've had a bit of a rough week(s)  hhugs.gif

waves.gif waves.gif Big Hello to all the other girlies  Mel, Karina, Danielle, Mardi, Lisa, I can't think of any more my head is mush! yyawn.gif

#72 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:59 AM

just missed Belles' post - will come back in a sec to reply! original.gif

#73 Kay1

Posted 06 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

Oi Lynny what an idiot Dh's friend is!!! ohmy.gif

Rib is better thanks, just a little sore, not too bad though. I think its healing. Still coughing so back to Gp for full work up tomorrow. I've started taking the antib's for mycoplasma even though I didn't think it was that, its worth a try.

Hope you get a rest today.

Belle - I totally relate my dear. I am feeling exactly the same way - and not motivated to do anything about it either. cry1.gif

Well I had a phone interview (flu study) to do and Nate just put on the tv and is zoned out.....suppose I should turn it off and engage him. blush.gif

#74 sotetno

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

Hello all,

It is a very slack lady posting here for the first time in AGES.  I do read regularly to keep up with everyone original.gif  But since Kay asked so nicely for a post.....

My almost 5 year old is being an angel at the moment.  Alright he did eat almost the whole tub of cottage cheese (that is mainly for Eddie) today, just after we'd gone shopping, but that's as bad as it's been.  Other than that he is such a pleasant, independent, self-contained little man at the moment.  Plays beautifully by himself when I need him too, shares fantastically with Eddie, looks after Eddie so nicely.  Relations with Nick are slightly less nice, but still pretty damn good 95% of the time!  Such a change from a couple of months ago.  

Well after that short post, I have been summoned for dinner.  I think of you all often, and hope t get back here  soon to update you some more.

#75 Kay1

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

Good to see you again Mel. original.gif Lovely sig.

I wish some of Ernie's angel dust would rub off on Nate.

Actually Leo needs it more atm. He has screamed most of the day and I am at a loss how to discipline him, he just laughs at anything I do. cry1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.