Looking to have a FET
, Aug 11 2010 12:18 PM
59 replies to this topic
Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:01 PM
Undercover - I understand wanting to stay with a FS your happy with, I spent two years with a FS and I was very unhappy with him we started seeing someone else after that and well, I'd travel a long way to see him!!
Today I had some very surprising and confusing news, my hcg is now 497. the clinic is just really surprised and can't give me much in the way of answers. my first hcg at 16dpo was only 24 I was told there was no hope and i'd bleed in a few days. than at 19dpo the hcg was 28, so told the pregnancy was definately not progressing. so they let it go a week and now this!! the levels are supposedly far to low for 6weeks, and they are now suspecting maybe an etopic pregnancy, or they got my ovulation date wrong. How can they get that wrong??. they can't check yet if it is etopic because the embryo would be too small to pick up on the ultrasound. so more waiting. more bloods on wednesday. Now the clinic is saying there is a possibility the pregnancy is viable but not to get my hopes up. i've been drinking coffee, coke, eating crap, hauling wood for the fire etc sorry to go on, but this is just doing my head in.
mamabug, good luck with the frosties, hopefully growing to blast gives you "the one".
take care everyone
Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:03 AM
Kitty......OMG im speechless for you. How are you feeling today? Could all those side effects actually be because youre pregnant? I dont really understand all those blood tests and HCG levels but could it be possible your transfer wasnt successful and you concieved naturally a couple of days later.
I know with my natural pregnancy i wasnt as far along as i initially thought and had my DS about 3 weeks after my EDD but only 5 days after the Drs DD. i will be checking in to see how youre going
Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:49 AM
yesterday I was all hopeful and excited that this might work out, and today i'm just so upset. we already recieved the call saying no baby, and i cried over that already this cycle and i dont want to get that call again this wednesday. I didn't concieve naturally this cyle (or any other) as after the transfer I was not in the mood for any business and than DH went away for a ten days, all the BDing was before the transfer. My ultrasound at the beginning of the cycle showed one ovary had 6 follicules and the other had 1 - I didn't have any stim drugs of any kind. they think maybe I ovulated more than once as a possibility. basically if the hcg shoots up again by wednesdays test they'll assume late ovulatation and implantation, if it goes up but only a bit, they'll look for an etopic, and if it goes down to wait for a miscarraige. I just can't take my mind off it and don't feel like doing anything, just waiting for wednesday. sorry to be such a downer, I have to try and remember at least I have a chance and maybe it will all work out great.
mammabug, undercover, when is "go" time for your cycles?
Hope everyone else is feeling a little better.
Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:23 PM
kitty005 - I'm sorry you are in such a state of limbo.
For us, if we haven't managed somehow to do it ourselves this cycle, it all starts with a phone call on the first day of next AF - probably Friday. Then the waiting fun and games begin.
Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:00 AM
Friday wow Mamabug that will come around quickly.
Kitty....im sure you are in a state at the moment and i would be the same Id be putting everything on hold waiting for the call. I am sending heaps of sticky vibes your way. As for when we start It wont be this cycle as im not fully prepared for it. it will most likely be next month as i wanted to start my folate tablets and try and start eating healthy. I figure if we are forking out all this money I want to have my body as fit and healthy as possible.
Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:05 AM
Oh boy. CD1. AF has arrived early. I rather think it was convenient to happen on the first of the month - will make it easy to keep track of what date day 11 etc is!!!
So, I call the clinic after 11am, they will say "lovely, come in for a b/t on Sept 11, POAOPKS for three days, come back for b/t on Sept 15" ... and then I hold my breath as my beloved frosties are thawed.
Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:39 PM
Mamabug how did the phonecall go? Hoping that it went how you said it would. So you dont have to have an U/S first day of AF? Its a great day to start being the first day of spring and all
Sending heaps of positive vibes your way.
Kitty i have been thinking of you all day. I really hope you have had good news today. Cant wait to hear from you
Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:38 PM
mammabug how exciting! I hope it all works out well for this cycle.
undercover, i think the precycle stage is important too, lots of fruit, veg, water, folate, gentle excercise and that all important mental preperation.
afm im just a bit in shock my hcg came in at 3200!! im just so stunned. and a bit annoyed they said after my first two levels "no chance" well thats apparently not quite right. now the word is "be cautiously optimistic" so i am being cautiously optimistic. i personally think i'm just not as far as long as they thought whether it be late implantation or something else. they think i should be 6.5week, i think i'm only going to be 6 weeks this friday. they want to do an ultrasound at the end of next week and will rule out etopic (which is apparently still possible but unlikely) and see if theres a heartbeat. i didn't think you could see a heartbeat that early (i'd be nearing the end of the 6th week)??
anyhow, so i'm feeling very grateful at having a second chance as such, and as with everybody else will be eagerly awaiting the ultrasound.
Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:46 PM
Way to go Kitty!!!!!
Lovely number, that!!
Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:53 PM
Kitty, that is awesome news
Hope things are going well. What a great story you will have to tell. Im going to be very positive and say a big CONGRATULATIONS.
Mama.....hows things with you? Where are you up to.
Ive been flat out Ive been working heaps and we went away for the weekend. My BF turned 40 so we went down the coast to help celebrate. Her and her DH are childless as he cant have kids. I really admire them as they chose not to go down the donor road. They seem so together about things and here I am rolling the dice to have another one. I wish it was an easy process. I really am aching for another child though. Ive even been watching that show on SBS on Tuesday nights and loving it. Have you seen it, its called theres one born every minute. Anyway im working all day again tomorrow so that should help with the fet fund so off to bed I go. Hope youre feeling ok
Posted 07 September 2010 - 01:45 PM
Kitty - Congratulations!! How exciting. I hope the scan goes well and you get to see a heartbeat.
Undercoverfrostie - I hear you about the $ side of a fet as I also freak out thinking about how much I've already spent, especially on pessaries. With a bfp I would also need pessaries up until 12 weeks as that's when the placenta takes over.
I haven't watched that sbs show but heard about it. Kinda feel like I'm emotional enough at the moment so just avoiding watching it.
AFM - Had an ultrasound this morning and my lining is only 6mm. They won't transfer until it's at least 8mm. I've already waited an extra 5 days this cycle to hope it would thicken enough so was surprised. FS wants me to take an extra tablet to thicken the lining and have another ultrasound on Friday.
i thought i was ok with it but burst into tears in my car when I got in and saw a crack in my windscreen which is bad enough that the whole windscreen needs replacing. I've priced it as costing around $220. So more money I can't really afford.
Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:48 PM
goodluck for your cycle ames, hope it all goes well.
i had my ultrasound and it wasn't as i'd hoped. one empty sac, and one with a undersized embie with no heartbeat. i'm booked in for a d&c tomorrow.
take care everyone x
Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:06 PM
So sorry the ultrasound didn't go as hoped.
It has happened to me in the past and it's a horrible experience.
Be kind to yourself
Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:36 PM
Kitty.....Im so sorry things have turned out this way. I had really thought with the way things were going it was a great sign. I guess Ive got a lot to learn about FETs Good luck tomorrow, ill be thinking of you.
Ames....do you have windscreen replacement on your car insurance? Good luck with the tablet. Heres hoping it works.
I have been offered permanent work so will be working 5 days a week from 9 till 130. I had to tell them that i may need to call in sick on short notice but didnt tell them why but now Im working better hours it will make paying for treatment a lot easier. So hoping to start next month now
Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:14 PM
kitty, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.
Sending you strength and understanding.
Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:50 PM
Kitty - thinking of you after your D&C. I hope you're doing ok.
Undercoverfrostie - don't have windscreen covered in my insurance policy. I found someone who will replace it for $165 so just going with that. Congrats on getting permanent work. I'm lucky that I don't work Tues or Thurs so have been able to slot in my transfers on those days. Otherwise if I need an ultrasound on a working day I see the nurse early before work.
Mamabug - how is your cycle going?
AFM - on Friday I had an ultrasound and my lining has thickened enough for a transfer. So having the transfer next Tuesday with a b/t 2 weeks after that.
Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:34 PM
thankyou for all your support, it really means a lot. the d &c went well given the situation, and I think it is starting to all sink in now. I feel pretty sad, but i'm ok, I am very keen to try again I need to wait to get a normal AF which they tell me will be 4 to 6 weeks than I can do a FET with my last frostie. Obviously I really want that to work, when I start thinking of another full stim cycle, particularly the money side of things I just want to cry.
Mumma and ames I really really hope your transfers go well and can keep positive and distracted during the torture that is the 2ww. I will have everything crossed for both of you.
undercover, glad to hear of the job situation, i've been unemployed since I had my son and I would really love to get back to work, I hope it all goes well and you don't have to spend too much more on completing your family (and that goes for everyone). Wishing you the very best for next month!
take care everyone.
Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:10 PM
Kitty - just take good care of yourself in the next few weeks.
AFM - b/t show I haven't ovulated yet, and back for b/t Friday; using urine tests in case something happens before then!
Waiting, waiting, waiting.... did I mention I hate waiting??
Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:00 PM
Mamabug - good luck with the waiting...feels like with ttc all you ever seem to do is wait.
Kitty - I still feel sad when I think about the d&c I had a few years ago - it's not something you get over quickly. So just be kind to yourself. Hopefully the next cycle is the one and you won't need to worry about any future stim cycles (I also dread the $ side of needing another stim cycle).
AFM - Had 1 embryo transferred today so have 1 left. All went fine with the transfer but feeling pretty tired tonight - I think emotionally it's exhausting going through cycle after cycle. I'm seeing my FS Thursday to run through what steps to take if I run out of embryos. He mentioned doing further testing (not sure what) but said it's probably just a numbers game - he felt my chemical pg was at least a good sign.
Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:30 AM
ames_78 - as much as it completely sucks to hears it, we were also told our chem pg was "a good sign". So, for you I hope it really was and that your little embie likes its new home and settles in for a long stay...about another nine months would be perfect.
Kitty - I hope you are recovering physically, and that you have support to help you emotionally. Do not under estimate the help a councellor can give. I know when I was low it really helped to be able to "dump" on someone who wasn't emotionally invested in the situation. I always felt that if i let it all out with DH that he would feel that i was blaming him or having a go at his "failure" as a sperm producer - which isn't what it was all about. I was blaming the universe for being so sucky. The cr didn't take my ranting personally.
undercoverfrostie - do you mind if I abbreviate you to ucf??? Hope full-time work hasn't worn you out too much. And that you are keeping well.
Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:44 PM
Saw FS yesterday. He suggested that if this cycle doesn’t work then to have a D&C which has been found to help implantation (as even though you shed your lining with AF it’s not an even shedding so having a D&C can often help). He then said what I could do is leave the final frozen embryo and instead do a full stimulation cycle (but an antagonist rather than down reg cycle – so a quicker cycle) and then grow the embryos to 5 days (blasts) and thaw my last embryo at that stage and hope it joins the others to day 5 and then choose the best one to transfer. My frozen embryos were all 2 days. So bit nervous about the cost – firstly of D&C will involve me paying excess ($500) for hospital cover and then a full stimulation cycle is about $2,000 or so out of pocket expenses (as opposed to $1000 for thaw cycle).
So I’ve booked in for the D&C in about a month but hopefully will be able to cancel after my b/t for this current cycle.
FS didn’t recommend transferring more than 1 embryo at a time as it doesn’t really increase chances of a bfp by much (maybe 5%) whereas it increases chances of twins by 40% - and I really don’t want the stress of a twin pregnancy.
Anyway hope all that made sense.
Thinking of you all!
Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:59 PM
ames - that was really interesting. I hope this cycle just works for you, but I think its really good you have a few options to consider as a back up. My FS was also saying to me that doing a double transfer doesn't really increase BFP result, I thought he was just trying to make me feel better as we can't risk twins due to my preterm labour risk. So its reassuring to hear that other specialists feel the same way.
As for the costs, if you do go on to do another fet and it doesn't work, will you go on to do a stim? I think if you will, than maybe it is better to just do the stim, get your frozen one to "join" the other embies. But than if you do your last fet and it works, than you save yourself from a stim that you may not need. It's so hard to know which is the way to go. I don't think there is a right or wrong.
I'm really hoping this transfer is the one, keeping everything crossed for you
mamabug - how are you going? hope everything is going well for this cycle!
afm, I am 9 days post d&c bleeding and cramping stopped and now waiting for AF which as you know could be a fair while away
I have one five day frostie left which i'll book on for a natural fet as soon as AF arrives. If that doesn't work, i'll be another stim cycle.
Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:00 AM
HI, quick post to say my frosties will start the thaw tomorrow. Can't bring myelf to think about it too much (yeah, right!)... they are our last AC opportunity.
We have agreed to stop TTC after this year, so, including this cycle, we have four chances left. Soooo hoping one of them is our lucky cycle.
Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:58 PM
Our AC journey is over. Our two embryos did not thaw.
I wish you all the best in your journey to complete your families.
Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:38 PM
I'm so disappointed for you that your embies didn't survive the thaw. You've certainly had a rollercoaster of a cycle leading up to this point so I really hope you look after yourself.
You mentioned in your last post about giving yourself until the end of the year - I'm assuming by that you decided against going for a full stim and a fresh transfer.
Thinking of you.
Kitty - yeh if only transferring 2 meant double the chance of a bfp. I'm pretty sure if this cycle doesn't get a bfp then we'll just do a full stim cycle and try and get embies up to day 5's. As like you mentioned, yes if we tried our last embie and it didn't work then we'd try a full stim cycle anyway.
Glad your bleeding/cramping has stopped and hopefully AF won't keep you waiting too long.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users
Obesity experts say freebies should be restricted to attracting children to healthier options.
A study has found working mums toil for an average of 98 hours a week.
It starts with respect.
It's also reducing landfill.
Switch of Netflix and go to bed.
In more than 25 years' of journalism, I've never interviewed a leader who topped his or her class at school.
The ACCC had issued an urgent recall.
Girls in primary school are just as physically capable as their male classmates, according to research.
Top 5 Viewed Articles