Looking to have a FET
pregnancy mentioned

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 kitty005

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

mamabug - hope you are doing ok and are at peace with your decision not to continue ac bbighug.gif

ames - far out your beta isn't too far away now (easy for me to say hey!)  goodluck!!

Does anyone know what happens in december with FS and cycles?? Can you start a stim cyle in december - is there a shut down over xmas, do FS take lots of time off etc  It looks like i'll be doing the fet in early nov (hows that for a bold predicition!) so i'm wondering if i can do a stim cycle in december if it doesn't work. any thoughts/experiences would be appriciated.

undercover - hope your doing ok!

#52 sqawk

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

Its very clinic dependent.  Some clinics shut down for an extended period over xmas/new year, others don't shut at all.  The only day my clinic wouldn't do EPU was xmas day!!  The bigger the clinic, the more likely it wont shut or only shut for a few days, but some individual FS may be away over that period, so if you needed EPU or transfer it would be done by another FS, and your cycle may be monitoring by a different FS (ie making decisions re timing of EPU, cancelling etc).  The only way to know is to ring your FN/clinic for the clinic closures and then check with your individual FS.  For clinics that close for more than a few days, they will usually have a cut-off day by which you would need to start a stim cycle.

#53 kitty005

Posted 28 September 2010 - 01:19 PM

sqawk - thanks for the info.  I have one frostie left, so when I see my FS to start that cycle I'll ask him what the xmas situation is.  I think if he goes on holidays I may just rest and get going on a stim in the new year.

ames - thinking of you and hoping and crossing everything that all is well.

Hi to anyone else if anyone else is still reading.

#54 ames_78

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

BFP.gif

HCG (at 16dpo) came in at 706 (and yes only had 1 transferred) and progesterone 100.

So having a repeat blood test Friday morning to check it's increasing and then after that will organise for a scan in a couple of weeks.

I was in complete shock (still am).

Wanted to thank you all for this group - I will everyone the best of luck.

#55 undercoverfrostie

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:45 PM

Hi girls,im sorry Ive been MIA for the last few weeks. I have been working 5 days a week and then planning for my DDs 4th birthday party which is now over. I also had my parents stay for 2 weeks. My mum has mental issues and if I leave her on her own for two longs she freaks out so Ive pretty much been at her beck and call when im at home. They have now gone so i can breathe again.

Firstly Mama....Im so sad to hear that your frosties didnt thaw. I hope you are at peace with your decision at this point. I cant remember how old you were but can you pick up in a year or 2 if you are in a better place. Getting to that point must have been hard. Much love to you xxx bbighug.gif

Ames....my FS doesnt recommend the 2 emby transfer either. i guess thats the difference between a responsible FS and some idiot who puts stats before patients. The risk involved with carry twins is so much greater than a single pregnancy. Im guessing you would be past your 2ww as of yesterday so how are things going? Im praying that all will be good hands.gif

Kitty , how are things with you going. Hope youre ok As for transferring etc at xmas time we had our egg pick up and transfer mid december of 05 and found out xmas eve we had our bfp I think they closed down for the standard public holidays but were back up and running before new years.

Hi sqawk....are you doing IVF would be nice if you want to join us wink.gif

As for me aside from my crazy month of having my mum here and working flat out Ive been put on to perm hours so Mon to fri 830 till 1pm great hours. I am just trying to save some money to have our next cycle but the desire to just go and have it done now is overwhelming. I see new born babies and pregnant ladies every day and I so want it to be me. Ive had ds in hospital last week. He suffers from cronic constipation and hes been put on this medication which sees him pooing without any warning so he is back in nappies. A little disappointing as hes quite embarressed about it so hopefully we can get it fixed and he will be ok again. Hope all is going ok for everyone oh and yes you can call me UCF or Deb if you like

ETA OMG that is awesome news Ames cclap.gif  ddance.gif  eexcite.gif Well done Heres praying for a very uneventful 8mths xxxx

Edited by undercoverfrostie, 28 September 2010 - 02:49 PM.

#56 kitty005

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

ames Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so fantastic love those numbers too.  I hope you have a very uneventful pregnancy.

UCF - good to hear from you, I know what you mean about the overwhelming desire to get the cycles going.  I'm still waiting for AF (well it has only been 3 weeks since the d & c but i am not a patient person!) and just can't wait to go again.  I hope your DS feels better soon poor little mite that doesn't sound like much fun at all.

When AF comes I'll probably join the ready set go buddy group.  I'm not sure if its ok to join if you already have had previous success with IVF so i'll have to check that out, but will still be lurking around.

#57 ames_78

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for the congrats.  Just waiting to get past Friday's repeat blood test before I get too carried away.

Not feeling that great - been to the doctors this morning and have a throat infection.

Thinking of you all.

#58 leez

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:51 PM

ph34r.gif Ames congratulations!! Wow, your levels are off the charts, you must be hanging out for the U/S now!! Good luck with it all.
Leez xx

#59 Mamabug

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:56 PM

Great news ames! (Yes, I am still lurking).

UCF - no more tries. Age is not on our side. We will continue to try on our own until the end o the year. We have a couple more chances yet.

#60 ames_78

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:27 PM

Had my follow up blood test yesterday - HCG is up to 3,200.  Booked in for first u/s on 14/10 - just when I thought my 2ww's were over....I still have another one to deal with  wacko.gif

Leez - awww...thanks so much.  Haven't seen you around for ages.  I hope you have success soon.

Mamabug - I've seen you've got EB buzzing with stalkers! lol  Good luck with trying by yourselves and hope you get a lovely surprise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.