IVF Multiple Cycles and the Long Haul BG #4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

#26 Posh_Girl

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Well the good news is I got 22 mature eggs from 24. I can't believe it!! Waiting for the clinic to call with fertilisation this morning, but I'm very circumspect about these things One to transfer and one to freeze would be great.

How did your surgery go Meggie? I hope you are being waited on hand and foot.

Just a question, how much bleeding have you girls experienced post EPU? I have never had anything other than a bit of light spotting that was all over after a couple of hours, but it's a bit like a period following yesterday's procedure. Does that sound normal?

Edited by Toquenne, 10 September 2010 - 06:20 PM.

#27 cheshire_cat

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:40 PM

What a haul Token, that's great news! About the bleeding, maybe it could be because you've had such a large number of eggs retrieved? Not sure. As long as you're not doubled up in pain I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

megs bbighug.gif - hope your surgery went well and you are recovering quickly. Sorry you have to wait till Feb next year to try again, but hopefully your freeze-all cycle goes well and that will ease your mind a bit.

Kimbar- I hear you on the weight issue, it's a problem for me too. I'm not actually 'overweight' but I'm at a weight that makes me feel unhealthy & unattractive, yet at the same time am still so unmotivated because often food (major sweet-tooth) is the only thing that makes me feel better sad.gif (melted choc through a straw.... yummmm....)

wondering how still is doing- haven't heard from you in a while!?

Sorry ladies will make this a short one, hoping you are all doing ok.

*******babies mentioned********

Guilty confession- I watched 'One Born Every Minute' on the SBS website yesterday- what an idiot! Somehow I am strangely compelled to watch these things then feel really sad and angry afterwards cry1.gif . Girls, don't do it!

#28 Guest_shiba_*

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

Token - Good job on the number of eggs!  I've never really bled after EPU but then again I only had 7 eggs at most.  Let's hope the good news continue with the fertilization and that you'll get plenty for frosties.

Meggie - all the best for your recovery!

C.C. - We all do that to ourselves even though we know it's bad.  What can you do eh?  Hope you're treating yourself well in the meantime.

Hi to everyone else!

AFM I went to see FS yesterday to ask about auto immune issue. He really doubts that I would have those problems considering my embryos do well every time.  He says if auto immune issues are present, it would be evident in the fertilization stage.  Nevertheless, he's happy to get me tested so I did some blood tests yesterday.  Took 5 tubes!!  Anyway, I'll be going ahead this month with my last frostie before I take a break.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  I'll start scanning this coming Friday.

#29 carita

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

Hi ladies...

Token-Hi there! Wow, that was a heap of eggs! Do you normally get that many eggs? I've only ever had a bit of spotting after EPUs but then the most eggs I got was 15 once. The other times I've had less than 10 and last time we only got 3! Hope you gets heaps fertilised.

Meggie-Hope the surgery went well and you're relaxing during recovery.

shiba-Geesh, that's a heap of blood to take! Hopefully you'll get some informative results from the testing.
Fingers crossed with your frostie. Sorry about your news though....

cc-I couldn't watch that show! I wanted to, but just couldn't get there!!

Rose-How you going? Hope you've had a bit of time to rest and relax and have some chocolate (I think it's a necessity!) and wine!

Spock-Glad AF finally arrived. Are you starting blood tests next week? I have my first on on Wednesday...maybe we're close in timing of our cycle this time? How's things with the inlaws??

Kimbar-I hear ya on the weight issue too. I think I'm at the heaviest I've ever been. Big emotional eater here...

spring-Are you going away for holidays?? That new plan sounds good, by the way!

still-How are you going?

Hi to everyone else! Hope you're well.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Edited by carita, 22 August 2010 - 07:30 AM.

#30 meggie2

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

Hi everyone.  

Wow Tokenista, that's a great number of eggs.  Can't wait to here the fert results.  I have got 12, 11 and 15 and had bleeding each time.

Hi Shiba, it's fun giving all those blood samples isn't it.  Hopefully you'll get some answers.

Hi Carita, CC, Rose, Spocky, Kim, Spring, Still, BB and everyone.

My op went well.  The fibroid popped out like a giant pea out of a pod apparently.  Wound is fine but just like a caesar scar which is a bit ironic.  I let two male nursing students watch - they had been wanting to see a gynae operation and no-one else would let them.  I was like "oh well they have to learn" - trust an old IVFer to have no modesty left.

Today they've just pulled all my tubes out (have to say, having a morphine drip is a lovely way to watch an election - it was bizarre enough anyway) and I've had a shower, so feeling almost human.  Haven't heard from pathology re the D&C or the fibroid, but hopefully no news is good news.

Home tomorrow or Tuesday.

hugs to everyone.

M

#31 Spock

Posted 22 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

hi ladies,

meggie, so glad your op went well and you're feeling well. That's good news there weren't any complications. Yes, the morphine drip would have made the election even more strange happy.gif . Funny how after so many ivf cycles/transfers, all modesty goes out the window. Hope you'll be getting some tlc while you recover. You may become an election pundit if you keep watching the election unfold while you recover.

shiba, I had all those blood tests a couple of months ago. Everything came back normal for me which was good but also I found frustrating because I was still left with no answers. Still feels good to be able to rule out things though so good luck with your test results.

cc, I saw an ad for that sbs show and had to change the channel. I just knew I would turn into a fountain. I find it difficult enough just walking around where I live. It's like there has been a baby explosion around me that I'm not part of. I know what you mean though about being drawn to these shows. I was in the local bookstore yesterday and couldn't help wandering through the kiddie/baby book section browsing. Can't wait to read a story to my own little baby - I love reading you see. I've already bought 2 baby books which are gathering dust.

carita, wow! we must be very close with our cycles. My bt is Wednesday too. I have a feeling O will be early so if an FET happens, it maybe Friday. Been very busy with my in-laws. Kind of good the election is on because they LOVE politics so are glued to the election news all the time. Means I don't have to think up any entertainment happy.gif . Thanks for asking.

tokenista, that is a great number! I have my fingers crossed that they go on to become healthy little embies. The most I've had is 12 and then 1 to freeze the fist time, then 3 to freeze the next. I haven't really had any bleeding though. Maybe ring the nurses at your clinic if you're worried.

hi still, spring, rose, kimbar, hope you're all enjoying the sunny weather.

afm, getting a bit edgy about this coming transfer. I woke up Friday morning with a small panic attack at 5am. My acupuncture session yesterday helped to calm my nerves. So far all has been well with my inlaws except they noticed my weight gain. They didn't say anything mean but I'm very sensitive to how my body has changed with all the demands of ivf and what I've been through this year. Well, have to run before they start wondering what I'm doing on the laptop.

#32 Guest_senecio_*

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:17 AM

I don't belong here, but as I know a couple of you from other threads I have a peek from time to time, and I hope you don't mind me barging in to respond to Spock
QUOTE (Spock @ 22/08/2010, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've already bought 2 baby books which are gathering dust.

Spock, this made me cry. I can feel your sadness in this line sad.gif . It must be one of the saddest lines I've ever read.

I can't look at anything baby/child related in shops and can't watch shows like the one you mentioned CC. It's interesting how everyone copes in their own different ways. I feel repelled by these things because of my strong emotional reaction to them, and not at all drawn to them.

Wishing ALL of you a BFP and healthy pregnancy very soon.

#33 Posh_Girl

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

Hi girls

Well I have seventeen embryos today on day three. I am absolutely overwhelmed. I feel guilty just posting it, knowing how many girls are bad responders, but this is so unexpected.

My first cycle I had 14 eggs/ten mature/ eight fertilised/five blasts, then second cycle, ten eggs, four mature, three fert and one blast so I was kind of thinking I would get around 8-10 mature eggs, hoping for one to transfer one to freeze.

That's still what I aim for and i have no doubt, being the glass half empty kind of girl I am, that I will get the call from the clinic tomorrow telling me they have all died, but wow. The prospect of even half of them making it to blast is just so full on I don't even want to think about it for fear of jinxing

And to be honest, if a good number did make it and we did FET after FET with no result, I think I would have to hang my IVF hat up.

But how magical would it be to have our babies from this lot and then be able to donate to another couple. I would love to be able to do that.  

OK back to reality. One to transfer, one to freeze.  original.gif

Edited by Toquenne, 10 September 2010 - 06:20 PM.

#34 Spock

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:36 PM

Tokenista, that's so great biggrin.gif . I hope the good news keeps rolling for you.

senecio, lovely to hear from you and thank you for your kind words. Yes, it is sad, I keep the baby books on my bookshelf but just out of my line of sight so I don't see them - but I know they are there. Everyone copes differently I guess. I hope you're doing okay after your traumatic year. Wishing you a happy and healthy bfp.

#35 Rangeman

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

Just a quick one to say a big WOW to Token, what a haul that's fantastic and you've still got 17 going strong - yay!!!!

And to Meggie - glad the op went smooth and you're feeling good.

Carita - yeah, I'm at my heaviest at the moment too obviously my problem is eating but i think my main prob is that I like to cook, you know, if I'm a bit bored at home I'll cook, if I've got a bit of free time I'll cook and of course it's mostly sweet things which I then scoff.......I am trying to be really good at the moment 'cause I want to lose about 8-10kg BEFORE I see the new FS in mid Oct so I've just started getting up early and getting on the treadmill and I go to the gym for 1/2 an hour at lunch.

Hi to CC, Spring, Still, Spock & Shiba (good luck for the jabbing)

#36 Rosabella

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:08 PM

Hi everyone, hope everyone is well. I am home sick with a cold but thankful for the time to finally get on here and post. Been so busy with Tafe stuff and work sad.gif
Thanks for all the kind words. Doing much better now and moving forward.

Meggie - Hope you are home recovering well. It sucks that you have to wait till next year but fingers crossed you can get lots of good quality embies to freeze in the mean time.

Shiba - My fingers are crossed for you for this cycle. Strange that your FS said that an auto immune issue would show at fertilisation. I have always been told how good our embies are and never had any problems but apparently have NK Cells which unless I miss understand is an auto immune issue??? Perhaps I'm getting my terms wrong. Either way I hope you find some answers or better yet don't need them cause this cycle will work original.gif

CC - We all do these stupid things don't we. The baby name forums are my weakness.

Toquenne
- Welcome and what a great result. How did you go getting to blast? Can I ask - did you do anything different that you feel got you such a good result?

Kimbar - I hear you on the losing weight. That is one of my goals too. And it looks like we might just be starting up again at the same time. I'm hoping for November for my next fresh cycle.

Spock - Have you had your transfer yet? Hope it all went well and you can have a stress free 2WW (easier said than done I know), fingers crossed for you.

Spring, Still, Carita - how are you? Who have I missed, its been too long and hard to catch up.

AFM - Well I have spoken with my FS and am feeling a bit better. It seems that although we had good quality embies they were frozen using an old technique that only had a 60% success rate. The new techniques have a 90% (I think) thaw success rate. We are now waiting until November to start another fresh cycle. I am going to have another biopsy this month just to check that the drugs have been working and DH is going to have some genetic testing just to rule out any other issues before making new embies. We are both on the CoQ10 and other vitamins, plus I am going to lose some weight and get onto acupuncture and hopefully the holiday to Bali in October will also help.
On another note, I couldn't help but purchase a psychic reading on ebay. It was specifically designed as a TTC reading. Obviously its all a bit of fluff at this stage but it really made me feel good. It did mention the need for medical intervention but said that I would get my BFP soon. Even went on to say what sex the baby would be and what the child would be like. I love psychic readings and while they have not always been 100% accurate in the past, this one was so beautiful it will definitely get me through till November with a bit of hope.

Take Care Everyone

#37 Posh_Girl

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:34 PM

HI Ladies

I ended up with eight blasts. So happy. They transferred two, and froze six. I really can't believe it.

Rosabella I really don't know. I did an antagonist cycle for the first time, so that may have something to do with it???

I also used GonalF for the first time

I just did three back to back FETs all bfns, so maybe my ovaries were in the mood?

I also haven't done a full stim cycle since October last year, so maybe that had something to do with it??

Who knows shrug.gif I think it's all so hit and miss. I certainly haven't been relaxing or treating my body like a temple. I'm out several nights a week, and have a way more stressful job than in my other cycles.

OK fingers crossed this is the one!

Edited by Toquenne, 10 September 2010 - 06:21 PM.

#38 cheshire_cat

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hi all! Sorry I haven't been around much, not a lot going on here.

Just a quickie:

Just wanted to say WOW & Congrats to Toquenne, that is an amazing number!

Also to senecio if you're reading- it's lovely to 'see' you here and it would be great if you joined the group- your sad complications and enforced break have certainly pushed you over into the 'long haul' category I would say, and you probably have more in common with this group than the newbies in Ready Set Go. Thoughts everyone?

Ok, sorry for the short message, sending big hugs to everyone wherever you are in your cycle  bbighug.gif

x
CC

#39 carita

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Hi Ladies...

Toquenne-Great numers there! Best wishes in the 2ww!!

Hi to everyone else, hope you're having a lovely weekend.

#40 Guest_senecio_*

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

Gee, thanks Cheshire. I will continue popping in to see how you're going, but although I've had some bad luck recently I don't feel like I qualify as a long haul/multiple-cycler yet. I think I would feel like a bit of an interloper being here - a bit of a fraud! I have joined the over 35s group though.

hugs,

original.gif

Edited by senecio, 29 August 2010 - 03:42 PM.

#41 cheshire_cat

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

no worries senecio, am glad you have joined a buddy group  original.gif

How's everyone doing? I'm feeling a bit flat, I hate having breaks from treatment even though I know they are sometimes necessary. Feels like I'm getting nowhere. But I'm seeing FS tomorrow so hopefully will come away feeling like I'm back on track.

#42 meggie2

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

Hi CC.  Know the flat feeling.  Good luck with the FS today.  

M

#43 Guest_shiba_*

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:14 PM

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been around much...I got myself a dog!  You know what they say, people who can't have kids get a dog.  It has kept my mind off IVF and kept me very busy the past week.  I certainly hope that my little Shiba Inu will bring me a change of luck this month.

All my auto immune blood tests came back normal and my ovarian reserve within the normal range but on the low side.  Discussed NK cells with my FS and we decided we will do a biopsy if I ever need to do another full stim cycle.  So, I'm going ahead with my last frostie for a FET next Wednesday.  hands.gif

Rosa - my FS said that the research behind effects of NK cells on fertiilty is still very controversial.  An elevated level may not necessarily decrease your chances...but that's only his take on the matter.  But anyway, best of luck with your new treatment and weight management.  I'm sure your trip to Bali will be sensational.

Toquenne - congrats on your blasts number.  How are you doing in your 2WW?

Kimbar - weather is warming up so it's the perfect time to shed some winter kilos!  

Hi to everyone else  waves.gif

#44 meggie2

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

Photo Shiba?

#45 stillinhope

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

Ladies!

Sorry for being AWOL.
I have been on holidays for 2 weeks in sunny FNQ and then my internet was down when i came back.
I think i have caught up on all the news...and some newbies senecio, Toquenne - welcome! If you want to PM me your stats i will included them in the list. Ekkk sorry ladies..time has gotten away..will do asap (actually i have done it and couldn't load it up, but thats another drama)

Shiba - super duper sticky wishes and prayers for you for wednesday.. hands.gif hang in there girl...

Megs - So glad your op went well, i know the breaks really hard..hang in there, lots of good food and wine to enjoy at Christmas at least!

CC- hope the fs meeting goes well and theres some renewed hope for you

Toquenne - wow great results , sorry but are you in 2ww now? stix to you if u are!

carita - hi, how are you going?

Rosabella - glad to hear you have some new hope to keep you going, it helps so much in this horrid process. Hang i n there...

Kimbar - how the diet going? mineral water with dinner fills you up quicker!

Spock - hello, how r u?

hope i havent missed anyone..hi if i have!

AFM, well i have been keeping an eye on the group, reading not posting so much. i still have faith that this journey will come to an end with good results. I know you might think its 'easy' for me to say...i really believe its finding the right combo of time, meds, drs, process etc...reading these post make me so sad and i desperately want to do something to help but cant...

I have been going well, not sure how much i should say but some of you have asked. Im going on 17 weeks now, i still cant believe it really. Im a bit scared and nervous to be honest. I was really nervous about the effects of the IVF drugs would have on the baby and the effect of the other meds i was taking to 12 weeks. They can sort of tell by the growth rate..but things seem to be going well so i guess its ok...

hope everyone is having a great week...

S xx

#46 Spock

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

Hi ladies, sorry I've been mia, will explain but first....

still, so nice to hear you and bubs are going well. It definately gives me some cheer to know your happy outcome.

meggie, how are you? Hope your recovery is going smoothly.

shiba, I'm glad all your test results came out in the clear. Sounds like you have a good plan if you have to do another stim. Really hope your transfer goes well on Wednesday and then you won't have to go through any of this again. hands.gif

token, that was great news! are you in the 2ww now? If so, I hope all is well and you're not going too crazy.

cc, how did your fs appointment go? Yes, totally agree with hating the enforced break. Seems like ages since my last transfer.

senecio, if you're reading, hope you're doing okay and hanging in there.

rose, I'm glad your fs was able to ease your worries about your embies. Hope all your tests go well. You must be looking forward to your holiday (so jealous, I could do with another holiday).

carita, kimbar, how are you?

afm, all my inlaws left a week ago. It was vey busy with them around and difficult to have any 'alone' time. They were trying to be supportive but they have no idea what we are going through as they don't see us much. All they talk about on the phone is the weather. I don't mind really as I'm closer to my family and friends so I don't expect anything from them. dh isn't that close to them anyway. I've been dragged into helping out with wedding stuff for my sister (less than 6 months to go) which at least is keeping my mind of ivf. over the weekend I had a dress up karaoke night as a work function. It was great fun - at least I could drink real cocktails. Really cheered me up. I think I'm becoming a bit gloomy with all this ivf. I've been doing the usual round of bts and scans to see when I can start cycling. I have 2 frozen 5 day blasts and if 1 thaws well, I'll be having a transfer Saturday. To be honest I'm keeping myself busy so I won't think too much about it. I've booked some acupuncture for after the transfer so hopefully that will help with implantation. We are of to see the Pirates of Penzance tonight at the Opera House to try and add some romance to our ivf life. We hardly ever do romantic things these days as I've had so many medical complications this year, just been too difficult. Fingers crossed for Saturday.

#47 stillinhope

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:57 PM

OOOh Spock the Opera house - jealous! Have a great time...

#48 Posh_Girl

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

Drinking champagne. Obviously not celebrating. sad.gif

Edited by Toquenne, 10 September 2010 - 06:21 PM.

#49 meggie2

Posted 02 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

Oh Toquenne.   Not fair.   Your cycle started so well.  cry1.gif  bbighug.gif

#50 Guest_shiba_*

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:24 PM

Toquenne - so sorry to hear that.  Hope it's not too hard on you.  hhugs.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.