* * * * * 1 votes

Win one of ten Jay Laga'aia CDs!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#1 F.E.B.E

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

Win one of ten Jay Laga'aia CDs with Essential Baby.

Jay is one of Australia’s most recognised faces having starred in an extraordinary number of films, TV programs and stage productions, including of course, the perennially popular Play School.

He is now releasing his much anticipated second children’s CD
I Can Play Anything. This is the follow up to his highly successful 2007 release Come Dance and Sing which was nominated for a 2008 ARIA award for Best Children’s Album.

'I Can Play Anything' features a diverse range of musical genres, many of which reflect Jay's own personal musical influences. There's funk, reggae, Latin, African and Polynesian rhythms and all songs were written by Jay.

I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy of the CD and my kids have requested it over and over again. In fact, I've been humming a few of the tunes myself!

To enter the competition, simply reply below with the answer the following question:

What can you play?

Terms and conditions pinned in competitions forum. Comp closes Fri 27 August.

#2 humphreybear

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:38 PM

Games, CDs, DVDs???? It has been a long time since I've been able to play a decent tune on a musical instrument.

#3 Kid_fucius

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:45 PM

I'm getting good at playing "mummy".  biggrin.gif

#4 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:31 PM

I can play any imaginary instrument you name  biggrin.gif

#5 squeak79

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:52 PM

i used to play clarinet in primary school, and piano/keyboard in year 8/9. but now cant play anything other then air musical instruments.. lol

#6 louwilly

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:13 PM

I play cleaner, nurse and chef
Teacher, chauffeur and often 'ref'
Breaking up my waring boys
Attempting to lessen the tears and noise!

#7 3cubs

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:00 AM

I can play teacher, clarinet, mummy, wife, daughter, sister, lover, academic, friend, writer and many more amazing things.

#8 redflutterby

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

I can play 'the raspberry on the tummy' pretty well. In fact, my son thinks I am the best.

#9 cornflake head

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

I can play a few tunes on the piano, but not much else!  So my LO will really benefit from some musical inspiration! biggrin.gif

#10 ***TheBlendedBunch***

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:05 AM

I love playing pretend with the kids making mud pies, pretend & real cooking & seeing thier creative side when we play pretend is just awe inspiring! Thier imagination has no limits & that is just beautiful!

I can play Mummy, Referee, Nurse, Taxi Driver, Chef, Artist, Janitor, Teacher and student as im learning new things from my kids everyday! I love playing mummy most of all & have my hubby to thank for working as hard as he does so i can stay at home with our 3 kids!

#11 Stained

Posted 16 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

I can play pretty much anything my 2 year old wants me to play! Including very poor singing and dancing renditions of his favorite songs! This child needs some cds!!!!

#12 j-lo

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

I used to play the xylophone (and any other percussion instrument as needed) in the school band and the tenor horn in a marching band - it's been a long time however.  I can still play a bit of piano though.

I can also play a mean horsie, elephant, kitty, puppy etc.

#13 knittingkitten

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

Damn...I only read this thread cause I thought I could win Jay! ph34r.gif

#14 Red Cabbage

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:21 PM

I can play a trumpet, a baritone, and keyboard. I can't play Hi 5 on my CD player, it drives me bonkers.

#15 mumma ♥

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:23 PM

I can play Peek-a-boo and I'm really good at it too original.gif

#16 Blondiebear

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:24 PM

I can play the piano, and occasionally I can play nice Tounge1.gif.

#17 froglet

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

My children think I can play hide and seek very well. I can often get in a good few minutes on facebook before they find me original.gif lol

#18 gottocatchawabbit

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

I can play anything  biggrin.gif I'm superwoman!

#19 cryptic

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:11 PM

I can play air guitar. biggrin.gif

#20 dreamxyz

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:38 PM

I can play guitar n can sing rhymes on my 2 year old's demand. Even though i m not a good singer but always ready to play n sing for my son.

#21 tutu82

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:48 PM

My sons and I are becoming very good at playing the "tummy Trumpet" also known as rasberries.

#22 ~Mintie~

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

I can play the fool biggrin.gif

Oh and guitar, violin and piano. I always played music, not sports original.gif

#23 mummagoobs

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

I can play, all day!  biggrin.gif

#24 hiddensecrets

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

I can play almost any musical instrument i pick up (clarinet, alto sax, tenor sax, electric organ, piano, flute, trumpet, steel drum-the jamacian type, guitar) well enough to play in the school band and be their soloist for tenor sax and steel drum (and alto when their chief alto was away)....with the exception of violin.  I have only ever had lessons on the clarinet and organ the rest I have picked up and played by ear.  I can also sing passably well.  The thing I am best at, however, is playing the fool  biggrin.gif

#25 idle

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

I can play absolutely anything. I am a mum after all biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.