* * * * * 1 votes

Win one of ten Jay Laga'aia CDs!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
133 replies to this topic

#26 DupreesMum

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:48 PM

I can play the piano, clarinet and saxophone.  What I really love to play is anything with my kids to make them laugh and entertain them.  I love playing teacher and stimulating their minds.

#27 gemmaw

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

I can play the trumpet! Started playing when I was 10.

Lately I've been playing the plastic recorder the kids were given by Santa last year. I can also play Hot Cross Buns, Twinkle Twinkle, Happy Birthday and a few other tunes aswell......lol

#28 Mummalovin

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

I can play sleeping so I get the sweetest "wake up Mummy" kisses.

#29 adnama

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

I can try and play anything but if i'm good or not is the another question Tounge1.gif

#30 2rats

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:09 PM

I can only play one song on the recorder, but my 11mth old can play the recorder and harmonica simultaneously (its true), I have taped evidence....so proud... rolleyes.gif

#31 TinCatšŸ±

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

I can play BINGO on the keyboard, plus other nursery rhymes. My son thinks I'm awesome lol

#32 kobelpoulter

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:32 PM

i can play the tambourine!

Win one of ten Jay Laga'aia CDs with Essential Baby.

Jay is one of Australiaā€™s most recognised faces having starred in an extraordinary number of films, TV programs and stage productions, including of course, the perennially popular Play School.

He is now releasing his much anticipated second childrenā€™s CD
I Can Play Anything. This is the follow up to his highly successful 2007 release Come Dance and Sing which was nominated for a 2008 ARIA award for Best Childrenā€™s Album.

'I Can Play Anything' features a diverse range of musical genres, many of which reflect Jay's own personal musical influences. There's funk, reggae, Latin, African and Polynesian rhythms and all songs were written by Jay.

I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy of the CD and my kids have requested it over and over again. In fact, I've been humming a few of the tunes myself!

To enter the competition, simply reply below with the answer the following question:

What can you play?

Terms and conditions pinned in competitions forum. Comp closes Fri 27 August.
[/quote]

#33 CascadeLily

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:14 PM

I can play "I'm going to eat your belly" so well that my soon-to-be-two year old lays down on the floor squealing with excitement and anticipation!

#34 BlondieUK

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

Anything you can play, I can play louder!
I can play anything louder than you!
(No you can't!?!)
YES I CAN!
(No you can't!?!)
YES I CAN!
YES I CAN, YES I CAN, YES I CAN!

#35 Zavesmum

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:52 PM

i can play CD's, I can play air guitar& air drums on the steering wheel while entertaining my DS.

#36 TassieRach

Posted 16 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

PLAY
P: (play) pop goes the weasel
L: (play) lots of silly games
A: (play) a tune on a sweet soft tummy
Y: (play) yes sir yes sir three bags full
rolleyes.gif

#37 Daysi

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:20 AM

I can play Tone Deaf when my 4 year old daughter belts out her own self-composed songs accompanied by strumming her daddys guitar while dancing around like Angus from ACDC.  I really need to give her some real good musical inspiration.

Watch my little rocker here --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbOHC-_UyMw

#38 michelle120773

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:37 AM

As a kid they tried to teach me to "play" the violin and the clarinet....it didn't work!

On Sunday I discovered what I am REALLY good and playing is Wiggles Singstar.... I ROCK at Wiggles Singstar, just ask DS aged 2.5 original.gif

#39 mymunchkins

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:16 AM

I play funny faces and various games - but my singing is terrible, so I press "play" on the CD player! Jay would be a welcome addition for my twin boys!

#40 7 years later.....

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

I play a mean recorder! If you don't mind getting serious hearing loss by the end of my performance. ssleep.gif

#41 Custard

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

I can play music CD's  biggrin.gif ... well, sometimes anyway, when our temperamental CD player will actually open!

ETA: Today I played someone in a nursing home, a masterchef judge and a gingerbread man (all my daughter's own ideas!).  Please let me win so I can play a CD instead!!!

Edited by Custard, 22 August 2010 - 01:42 PM.

#42 Rilee's~Mama

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

I can play my 2 y.o DDs new recorder - badly, but no-one said 'what can you play WELL'  tongue.gif

I can also play mean mummy   rant.gif  

I can play fun mummy - much prefer this one biggrin.gif  love playing little people, duplo, doctors, painting, and drawing.

And I LOOOOVE playing all sorts of music for DD, she loves to dance around

#43 BlackBetty

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:45 PM

i can play with myself....

sorry its the first thing that came to mind... plus i am an only child so
its quite true... i am an expert at playing left hand against right hand at
most games!

I suppose thats why i have four kiddies!!

karen

#44 kazthomas

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

A new skill I found yesterday at Gymbaroo with my son...I can play the music sticks! and if I do say so myself I played them very very well.

#45 Always amazed!

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:19 PM

I can play superwoman...original.gif

#46 Billiesmum2

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:20 PM

I can play bejeweled blitz! lol

#47 nstrachan

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

I can play anything - in my imagination that is!!!

#48 Lilgrubby

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

I can play doctor, nurse, psychologist, teacher, cleaner, chef, gardener, artist, motivator and many more.  I can play all these things because 'playing' Mum is the best type of play in the world!!

#49 fc12

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

It's a shame - I used to be able to play the violin and piano with some skill. Now, I rely heavily on my rather average singing voice. My little boys appreciate it though and at least it gets them singing and sometimes even dancing!

#50 Maecysmum

Posted 18 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

I can't play anything but I can sing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.