The Regime
a blow-by-blow account of an IVF cycle

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#76 tania6000

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

I've just read all these stories, first time on here as we're just about to start IVF - waiting for day 1 to arrive to start the process, the one thing im not looking forward to is the egg retrieval as i hate hospitals / operations etc. the worst thing for me so far is actually going to the IVF appointments as all i do is cry! can talk about IVF at ease with friends / family etc but not when i get into the dr's!

hoping for a postive year for everyone and a positive result on that stick!

#77 LishJ

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:55 PM

Hi Prue,

I have had a similar experience to you with my cycles in 2009, which after 3 cycles in a year, put me off IVF to try naturally. After an early mc towards the end of last year we thought we would try a new doctor this year who has a high success rate due to the fact that he does more tests to find the issues confronting couples. The new doctor has found I have the killer cells as well as blood clotting issues. There are problems on both sides for us, but I am happy knowing the issues are being addressed now.

I think we have just about everything covered this time. From going to a doctor who actually gives a hoot as to why we are not successful & trying to correct them to increase our chances. I am going to an acupuncturist and naturopath as well who are really working toward our objective.

I know people who have done IVF, that do not have the same pain or reaction after or during egg collection. Its very upsetting. I had a lot of pain particularly after egg collection. Nausea & vomiting after surgery.

A friend who had no success after 13 cycles had no pain. I do believe her husband & doctor did not do all that was possible to increase her chance of success.
Another friend has not addressed her health issues- no success there- no pain either.
One friend addressed her issues, needed a donor and presto success! There was some pain.
I am thinking for me no pain- no baby gain!

Girls I cannot emphasise enough that if you want a child you need to do everything in your power to find the best help possible. Do everything you can to improve your health yourself exersize, diet, supplements. I am lucky I have medical contacts who know people who can give me the best chance of conceiving too.

Study your family history to know how it affects you. Be prepared if you cannot conceive with your partner that donors may be an option. Adoption is great but not for everyone depending on your circumstances as with foster care.

I was feeling really low about myself just a week ago but now knowing the hurdles we have but the solutions available, I am optimistic that someday, somehow we will be parents.

Good luck Prue I will you all the best in the world. bbighug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.