Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:10 PM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=810837

#2 *~Bluebird~*

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:26 PM

GOLD!!!!!  biggrin.gif

#3 ronnyandcharlize

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

SILVER!!! i was just thinking i havent been in for ages yet i nabbed this biggrin.gif

#4 me-mum

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

Bronze!!

Lou-t  Hope that Harrison's op went well yesterday

Nat - Must only be 2 weeks to go based on your last post, good luck!

Just a quick one from me tonight. I have been in my new position only a week now and I'm already freaking out about how I will continue this for the next 4 months. Heaps more work than I could have anticipated and a meeting schedule to blow your mind.

I have started noticing in the last few weeks how much Harry understands and follows so many instructions, he is also trying to say a few more works than I realised. If I talk about milk, he runs and grabs his cup from the drawer or tries to get the milk out of the fridge. Definatly getting heaps of no head shakes now if he doesn't want to eat what is offered. I need to get him out of the house every day or he goes a little crazy.

Had my 12 week scan just over a week ago, bub is all good and it has been nice to be able to tell people finally. It has been a little interesting at the same time as I have had a few comments of "another?" and was it planned. I'll announce on FB in a couple of weeks, it has been really nice to tell friends in person. I had a friend who had a stillborn at 20w (known fetal abnormality from 12w but decided not to terminate) on saturday who doesn't know that I'm pregnant so I'm giving her some time before I tell the news more widely.

Hope that everyone is having a good week.

#5 Mum22gorjuzgirlz

Posted 27 August 2010 - 07:03 AM

Been ages since I've been in sorry. Thanks for the birthday wishes and advice to my q's.

Bron how's it going with the cramping?

just a quickie from me sorry no personals. Work is super busy at the moment. Hats off to those who work FT or there abouts and their partner does too. It'd be so hard and hectic. I'm so lucky to have dh worrying about all the household stuff, meals etc. Really enjoying work, just hoping the workload stays under control. Had a great birthday apart from a small drunken argument with dh but oh well. I was given so much jewellry I love it. Dh gave me a diamon ring and watch. Very spoilt. Had the best surprise at work yesterday. Dh visited at lunchtime with Tara. I was grinning all day because of it!

Tara doing well. One of her top molars has cut through. Funny, before her two front teeth! Think a fang is coming too. She is being pretty good with the one sleep a day now, often sleeping 2hrs which is great. She is still a trooper at night too. I'm so impresses by her comprehension too. She understands so much. I've got her saying "I love you" now too which melts my heart!!!!!

Off to Brisbane for a flying visit this weekend to hang out with my bro. I'll miss Tara but it'll be great.

Gotta go see ya!

Can't wait to hear nat's news!!

#6 lou-t

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:25 AM

Hi girls,

Lynda - Nice to hear from you!! It sounds like things are going well for you all. Thanks for popping in. Oh, and your pic of Pheobe is just gorgeous!

Tracy - Very cute pic of Declan. He looks so proud on his big car (bike?)..

Jess - 12 weeks! Horay for you!!! What a great relief it is having that scan and finding little bub as happy as as he/she should be. I hope you're able to manage your busy workload ok. At least it might help time fly by - you'll be back at home being a new mummy before you know it.

Leanne - Have a great trip to Brissie. It's nice to be able to get away here and there..

Sorry - I've forgotten most of the posts from the last thread..  I hope everyone is doing well.

Us - Harrison had his tonsils out on Wednesday. He was such a good boy. He didn't shed a single tear all day. Unfortunately though it all caught up with him overnight. I spent my whole time in his hospital bed giving him cuddles. He's been pretty sick since, with temperatures and not eating/drinking/talking etc.. I hope it's just a minor set back and he'll start feeling a bit better today. We're at home now, so I'm sure he'll be happier in his own bed. I'm grateful that Callum will be at child care today...

Have a great day!

#7 MySpunkBubbles

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

Lou - was thinking about H and his operation.   Glad he got through it ok - but not great that he's had a rough time afterwards.  Hope things are getting better now he's home.  I had my tonsils out when I was 16 - can still remember how it felt afterwards. Still, better than getting tonsilitis every 3 weeks!!

Got to go and get the washing out - then off to try and enjoy some sun.... Sorry for no more personals - be back tomorrow night for a proper post

waves.gif to all

#8 *~Bluebird~*

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

I am just off to the doctor, I think I have tonsilitis, not feeling too well today and to top it off Declan is getting sick again.  sad.gif  I can't wait for the warmer weather to come now.  original.gif

Well I too need to get some washing out and then get dinner prepared. Dh has just gone out to get some new tyres put on the car.

Bluebird  original.gif

#9 NatandImmi20

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:35 AM

Hello everyone!

me-mum - Good luck with your new position. Hopefully it starts to settle down for you soon as you learn the job. Pleased to hear all went well at your 12 week scan and hope you don't get too many comments like that. We got a lot of shocked and almost negative reactions with this pregnancy which really got me down and pretty much every single person asked was it planned. Such sad news about your friend too. How heartbreaking that would be.

Leanne - How was your weekend in Brisbane? How is it going with work and is your DH still enjoying being a SAHD? Were/are you in a mums group? Are you still able to meet up with them on weekends? Wow sounds like you got some lovely presents esp from DH and what a lovely surprise seeing Tara at work! Oh how gorgeous Tara saying i love you. I have been working on this one for ages but it hasn't happened yet. Can't wait til Imogen says it!

Lou - How is Harrison now? I had my tonsils out just before i was pregnant with Imogen and it was the most painful 2wks. It was way worse than child birth. But i've heard that it's a much better op on a child as they bounce back a lot quicker so i hope Harrison is going well now.

Happy monkey - how are you going? How many weeks are you now? That's pretty exciting having a holiday to look forward to and seeing all your family!

How is everyone else going? Must be busy as it's been pretty quiet in here lately.

AFU - All going well. Imogen is great, she is starting to repeat so much of what we say now and is understanding so much of what we say to her which is great! It's a lovely age! She is still having 2 sleeps a day - 40 mins in the morning and about 1.5hrs in the afternoon. I thought she might've cut back to one sleep by now but she's obviously not ready yet. Is anyone else still having 2 sleeps? Her 4th molar is on it's way (along with a yucky nose poor thing) and i'm sure yesterday i could see an eye tooth not too far off as well.

Me and bub - going great! Less than 2wks to go. I finished work last week and was a bit sad but now that i'm home today i'm quite enjoying it and will be nice to have some extra time to do things before bub comes. All organised for bub and just waiting. I actually thought it was happening Fri night - i was getting a lot of pains but nothing regular. I really thought it was the start and i'd have a baby by the end of the weekend but no . . . not yet! It all fizzled out to nothing. I hope it's soon but nothing i can do about it - bub will come when it's ready and in the meantime i will enjoy these last couple weeks of pregnancy!

Gotta run and do a couple jobs before Imogen wakes. Chat to you again soon and hopefully with some baby news!

Bye, Nat  biggrin.gif

#10 rachelle2

Posted 01 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

Hi everyone haven't been stopping in here much - life is pretty ISQ at the moment.  All going well and not much to report original.gif Xavier is going along really well and has been lovely to be around at the moment.  A big improvement from the grumpy, clingy boy I had a month or two ago.  His speech is coming along really well, also lots of parroting so we are having to really watch what we say!!!  He is still working on those  2yo molars down the bottom - they seem to coming up and down.

natandimmi:- Glad to hear that you have now finished work, hope you manage to get some rest and relaxation in before this new bub arrives!!  Look forward to hearing your wonderful news and seeing some lovely newborn pics  wub.gif Xavier is definitely down to one sleep per day now, which works great for us - longer sleep = longer rest for mummy original.gif  Glad to hear Immy is going so well, bet she is enjoying having you home too!!

Bluebird:- Hope you and Declan are soon better!!

lou-t:- Glad to hear all went well with Harrison's operation.  Hope he has now settled down for you at home with a bit of rest and some more recovery.

Leanne:- Glad you had a nice birthday and got spoilt!  I bet once teething begins for Tara a whole lot of teeth come through at once, hope it doesn't bother her too much.  Hope work settles down for you soon and is less hectic.

me-mum:- Glad all is going well, and happy to hear your little bean is growing nicely!  Your poor friend, that must be so hard for her sad.gif  Hope work settles down for you soon too!

Well I better get off here and get Mr his lunch and then get him ready for bed.  He is traipsing around in his new "shoes" some wellies my mum got him.  Hope everyone is going well and hi to all I missed.

#11 j-lo

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

Hi Ladies,

feels like it's been ages since I posted, I can't really remember.

Not much been happening here, Jem and I are both having a blah day, she's been grizzly non-stop and I can't figure out what she wants.  And I'm feeling just really off today.  Other than that though we've both been good.  Most days she is a joy to be around though and starting to pick up lots of new words and sounds.

My friend had a baby boy the other day, no name yet.  Can't wait to go and get myself some newborn cuddles, though I might have a teary after the two recent losses.

We've decided to take Jem with us to Hong Kong in Oct, more because my mum seemed a bit hesitant in the end and I hate putting people out.  I'm a little disappointed about not having that break, but I love the idea of a family holiday and starting to show Jem some of the world, not that she'll remember any of this trip.  I'm yet to get her passport organised - and I need a new one two - but I have picked up the forms so at least I've made a start.

Rachelle - sound like you're all going well.  Hope those molars come through nice and quickly.

Nat - nice to hear from you and that you're still pg.  Hope you get some rest before this next one arrives.  It must feel good to be on leave now.

Bluebird - hope you're okay.

Lou - how did H recover after the operation?

Leanne - I too admire those that both work full time.  How was Brisbane?

Me-mum - great news that the 12 week scan went well.  Hope work and the new position settles down soon.

Well I think that's all I can see.

Bye
Jo

#12 be-e

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:18 PM

Hi,

Hope you are all having a lovely fathers day.

Jo - lovely to hear about your friends boy does he have a name yet? Im sure Hong Kong will be great with Jem.

Rachelle - good to hear Xavier is much happier, we've had much the same transition in this house, L was grumpy he had alot of colds and now he is alot of fun to be around.

Nat - Not long now, how exciting! Ive PM'd you on FB my mobile if you'd like to let us know the news - unless Im too late biggrin.gif

Bluebird - hope you are feeling better now.

Lou - hope Harrison is recovering well.

Leanne - Hope you enjoyed your Brisbane trip, I think I need a trip away so am adding a girls pamper day and night to my SILs hens night (with her blessing of course) so it'll be 2 nights, I need 1 night for getting a good night sleep and 1 to party - Cant wait!

Jess - great news on the scan, how terrible for your friend. Hope you settle in and are happier with the new position.

AFU - Think everyone in my house had a grumpy day today, or maybe it was just me  rolleyes.gif ...But otherwise things are good, our new family day carer is really good, and Linc seems to be settling in really well. He is alot happier now since the colds have gone and is lots of fun to be around, he is saying a few new words and lots of animal sounds, he has been able to walk since May but has only in the last week decided he would prefer to walk over crawl.

Hi to everyone hope you are all well.
Bec

#13 Mum22gorjuzgirlz

Posted 06 September 2010 - 06:58 PM

Still reading just no time to post.

On train heading home after work- late tonight. I spoke to Tara on the phone just before and she said "Mum" then "I love you" twice and kissed me through the phone xxxxxx

#14 MySpunkBubbles

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:49 PM

Leanne - that is SO gorgeous!  Your heart must just have melted!  Awww...

#15 bron23

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:41 PM

Thats beautiful Leanne

Just a real quickie to say Congratulations to Binda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (in case she checks in here)

#16 debs79

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:12 AM

Hi Girls,

I have been real slack at posting ATM and I dont know why.

Leanne That is beautiful wub.gif

Bec Well done on Linc realising walking is better. Lizzie still prefers to crawl everywhere. It is good that you found a FDC that you an Linc are both happy with.

j-lo Have fun in hong kong. I am sure you will have a great time with Jem there also.

rachelle Glad that Xavier has settled down and is not grumpy anymore. Hopefully the molars wont upset him to much.

nat Lizzie varies between 1 to 2 sleeps. I just go off her atm. From last time you posted you must be nearly due. Hope all goes well and you can let us know soon about your little bundle.

bluebird I hear you on the wanting the warmer weather. I am also over all the sickness. Hope you are feeling better.

lou-t how is H going after his op?

AFU Well i managed to get a cold. We were supposed to go down to mum and dads last weekend, unfortunately DF and I both got colds, though his is gone. So we cancelled which turned out to be a good thing as they had the really bad winds on saturday and lost power. We still got to see them as dad had a dr appointment in Sydney so they stayed sunday night.

Lizzie is doing a lot better know. We have her on the ventolin 3 times a day which loosened the cough. It helped put didnt seem to get rid of it so dr gave her antibiotics to fight the infection and I think we will be hopefully rid of this cough in another week. She will maybe cough about 5 times a day now as opposed to 2 hours straight of a night and throughout day.
Still no walking on her own. Will much prefer to crawl everywhere. She does walk holding your hand and this is a very loose hold. I just think she doesnt quite have the confidence to let go yet and the daycare has also said the same thing.

I have also finally joined the iphone phase. DF rang up and upgraded us 2 weeks ago. Mine was supposed to be here by now and his was another 3 weeks away. Of course his phone turned up yesterday and mine still hasnt arrived. He spoke to the cust serv yesterday and they are confident mine will arrive in the next to days. So just waiting for work to call me now and let me know it has arrived so that I can pick it up.

Gotta go get a load of washing going before the guy comes for a quote to fix the bathroom.
Hope everyone is going welll

Deb

#17 bron23

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:28 PM

Happy due date Nat!!! (I think)

#18 NatandImmi20

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:52 AM

Ha thanks Bron! As expected Saturday came and went lol. Still getting lots of little cramps and pains but nothing to get excited about. Absololutely so sick of people asking when i'm being induced (was being asked this before i had even got to my due date) and sick of the phone calls/text asking if i've had the bub yet. Tempted to switch my mobile off like i did with Imogen lol. Feel like being sarcastic and replying yes the baby has been born. Do they not think we are going to tell them?? Being overdue doesn't bother me but it's all the people checking in on me all the time which does.

Ok i've had my whinge thanks for listening and i'm going to go and finish baking this baby. Will text Bec when i have news - fingers crossed it's this week! Imogen was  a week overdue so who knows when this one is planning it's grand entrance!

#19 be-e

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:00 AM

Nat - I wasn't in your position Nat so dont really know what its like. But I guess everyone is so excited for you and to meet the new baby that they want to know whats going on. I guess it would be frustrating, but know that they are only doing it because they care.

Debs - Great that Lizzies cough has cleared up. Have fun with your iPhone, you will never be bored again with all the "stuff" they can do- or did that happen when we had kids ?

Leanne - so sweet about Tara on the phone!

AFU - Not much sleep last night and now that L is napping I think I will too although I bet he wakes up just as I get to sleep. A bit happening here at the moment which makes life a little stressful, but Linc is a great distraction and generally alot of fun (not so much at 1am or 2 am or 3am).

Hope everyone is well.

Bec

#20 be-e

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

Nat - I wasn't in your position so dont really know what its like. But I guess everyone is so excited for you and to meet the new baby that they want to know whats going on. I guess it would be frustrating, but know that they are only doing it because they care.

Debs - Great that Lizzies cough has cleared up. Have fun with your iPhone, you will never be bored again with all the "stuff" they can do- or did that happen when we had kids ?

Leanne - so sweet about Tara on the phone!

AFU - Not much sleep last night and now that L is napping I think I will too although I bet he wakes up just as I get to sleep. A bit happening here at the moment which makes life a little stressful, but Linc is a great distraction and generally alot of fun (not so much at 1am or 2 am or 3am).

Hope everyone is well.

Bec

#21 bron23

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:18 PM

My baby's not a library book,
so she's not overdue.
My baby don't take long to cook,
coz she's not veggie stew.

My baby's not an elephant,
and I'm not fit to burst.
The time and date aren't relevant,
we're blessed with days, not cursed.

My baby can't read dates as yet,
because she's very new.
So there's no cause to fuss and fret,
if she don't come on cue.

So stop your worry,
stop your asking,
there's no hurry
we're relaxing
in this golden pregnant time,
this pause, which is just hers and mine.

You leave us be, we are just fine.

For Nat. hugs hon I never went over because of my health problems but I sympathise

#22 debs79

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

bbighug.gifNat Glad to hear you are still going well. Sorry to hear about all the phonecalls/text. I cant feel your pain as I never had that as we had a date due to breech bub. Maybe switching your phone off for a few hours during the day might be a good idea. Hang in there bubs will make its grand appearance when ready.

Bec Hope you managed to catch a nap before Linc woke up.Hope that things settle down for you soon. Phone arrived today so I am just waiting on DF to activate my sim. Cant wait.

Bron That was beautiful wub.gif

Not much happening here ATM. Lizzie is doing really well and have dropped her ventalin back to twice a day. Hoping to go to once a day then stop.

Better go finish dinner before DF gets home

Deb

#23 NatandImmi20

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:03 AM

Thanks for the poem Bron - i loved it! Tempted to put it as my facebook status lol!

We are off to mums group this morning, will be nice for Imogen to have a play and for us to get out of the house. Still getting lots of back ache/cramps so my body must be preparing. I'm lucky as i'm not uncomfortable and i'm just enjoying these last days of having my bump!  :-)

#24 MeLFunKTioN

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

ohmy.gif  ffear.gif No way are you due already Nat. wow !! Best of luck with everything biggrin.gif

Bron sweety *big hugs*!

I haven't been in in forever but just wanted to pop on to say hi whilst waiting for computer to process something. Have had a terrible few months but hopefully things will improve from here on.

Hope everyone is well. Might drop back again soon.

xox

#25 me-mum

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:21 AM

Nat - Good luck! I went 4 days overdue with Harry and people drove me nutty so I get it. I ended up not replying to any more text messages, taking the phone off the hook and being a bit of a recluse as I just wanted to relax and enjoy those last days rather than be hassled. Best of luck for a great birth.

Mel - Hope that all is on the improve.

Us - same old, same old. Kids are good, work is demanding, I'm slowly getting fatter. Only 3 weeks till our holiday so I can't wait!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.