Looking at starting Party plan
But want something different

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 MrsG

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:24 AM

Just been looking into Party plan companies. Want to get out and about but not wanting to go out to work for full days away from DD.

But would like something different then the big ones out there. Can anyone recommend some companies for me. That have good products and also a good comapny.

Thanks original.gif

#2 lafonda

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

I sell Mary Kay cosmetics and absolutely love it. 50% commission.

#3 NaughtyNauts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:42 AM

MrsG, just sending you a PM now in response to yours.

#4 tara75

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

my mother in law just started selling jewellery from fifth avenue collection.

#5 berni65

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:15 PM

I can pm you with some info for a party with candles and eco friendly homewares.

Edited by berni65, 01 September 2010 - 06:42 PM.

#6 Chocolate Addict

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

There are so many apart from the usual well known ones. These ones are great because people go "hhmm never heard of it, might have to have one of those parties!" lol

I am with Chocoholics Anonymous and love it. original.gif Check their website for more info.

If you go to a website www.partyplan.com.au that is a website for party planners and there is a directory of loads of companies. original.gif

Just make sure you do full research before committing to any company. Do they need you to have an ABN, or register as a small business, how is the commission paid, what is the commission, what other expenses are there. do you have to pay for your catalogues and samples, host rewards etc..

Good luck with whatever you decide. original.gif

#7 Enchantress

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:45 AM

Have you heard of Thermomix??
Its a bit different from the normal party plan and great if your a foodie!!
Head office is here in Perth and the training and back up you receive from them is great, plus you get to own the very best kitchen gadget ever:)

Pm if you want more details or check out the website:)

#8 melissa1781

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:14 AM

I am with Lorraine Lea Linen and love it!

Great Money, I have had an amazing responce from parties and average 2 / 3 bookings from each one...

Its great! - everybody needs LINEN!

#9 brideofchucky1980

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:36 PM

Partylite is a great one.
(Candles, wax and accessories)
Average party of $550, 22-28% commission.
Fantastic training and  amazing hostess incentives makes booking in those parties so much easier.
They are the most generous PP company I have come across..for guests, hostesses and consultants !!

Best of all, no outlay for the kit

#10 ~Emerald-Dreaming~

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (brideofchucky1980 @ 08/09/2010, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Partylite is a great one.
(Candles, wax and accessories)
Average party of $550, 22-28% commission.
Fantastic training and  amazing hostess incentives makes booking in those parties so much easier.
They are the most generous PP company I have come across..for guests, hostesses and consultants !!

Best of all, no outlay for the kit

I agree. LOVE it.

#11 *mylittleprince*

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

A friend does body shop and loves it.

#12 brazen

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:56 PM

http://www.dsaa.asn.au/cms/pages/show/id/1...ry=3&page=1

original.gif

#13 Chocolate Addict

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for that Brazen, that is a great list. original.gif

Although, I am sure Chocoholics is registered with them but they aren't on that list. sad.gif Must check with the Boss! Tounge1.gif

#14 xenabonjovi

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:24 PM

The Body Shop is fantastic,  lots of free training to use their make-up, skin care and body products. Catalogue launches give heaps of free product. Fabulous support. No pressure for a full diary. Not a huge minimum sales to stay registered.

#15 ~mumto2girls~

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:50 AM

Im with Positively Pink.. an adult toy company..

Products are fantastic and pretty much sells themselves.. Also its alot of fun - you dont even feel like your working...

Pm me if your interested and I can send some info

#16 MJT

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

Hi, I'm with Bright Star Kids. Have only been doing it for 2 months but really enjoying it.

PM me if you want details.

#17 Beautypatch

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:10 AM

Hi,

I'm with Become Beauty.  It's great because everyone gets a facial and you don't have to have large parties.  I was very impressed with their training and support.

If you are interested, PM me for more information.

Kerry

#18 Luckymumof2

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

Hi I am a Sketch Kids consultant for 8 years now and I’m really enjoying it

No monthly target no monthly meetings and unlimited income

You don’t have any managers to hassle you for more parties each month, you are your own boss and it is up to you how much you would like to make wink.gif

#19 *mumof4*

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:29 AM

Hi,

I've been with 'The Chef's Toolbox' for about 6mths now ~ LOVING it.

In-house cooking workshops with great products - you don't need to be a fabulous 'chef' to make this work - just ask me LOL.

Great training, FAB incentives (we're going to Club Med in Bali in June 2011!!!!) GREAT earnings & minimal requirment to stay 'active'.

'Chef's have an UNBEATABLE new consultant offer ~ PM me for more info if you'd like original.gif

Melissa

#20 Jessicas_Mum

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:34 PM

There are lots of great ones out there at the moment. When I was looking a few months ago, my favourites were:

PartyLite
Chefs Toolbox
Chocoholics Annon
Body Shop

I ended up choosing "Send Out Cards", because I don't have to do parties - I am mainly marketing to small buinssess. My DH is often away, and with 2 small kids, it would be impossible to book parties all the time.

Here's the website if you want further info: www.sendoutcards.com/rebeccaolsen

#21 aussierach

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

look up the toybox online the lady is a local where I live and she started her business as a party plan anyway she now has a store in town and 1/2 dozen people doing partie for her

great products original.gif

#22 jenjams

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:02 AM

Just reading through these great ideas.  I too am looking at something to do to make some extra money while home with 2 little girls.  
What would people recommend that has a small initial outlay?

#23 MJT

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (jenjams @ 06/01/2011, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just reading through these great ideas.  I too am looking at something to do to make some extra money while home with 2 little girls.  
What would people recommend that has a small initial outlay?

I just PM'ed you with details on 2 companies that I work with. I have 2 kids - 1 at school & the other one at home and I have been able to fit everything around their activities.

Let me know if you need any more info.

#24 aussierach

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

MJT could you PM me as well please ??

#25 nurseZoZo

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

Im very keen to do party plan as well while im going to be a SAHM with #3 for the next 12months. I feel i need a hobby and something for me this time round.,
I am going to do The Learning Ladder. I cant wait to get stuck into it.
good luck for what ever you decided

Me- 30
DH - 37
DS - 6
DD - 1
EDD 18/01/11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.