Looking at starting Party plan
But want something different

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#26 sleepygirl21

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (MJT @ 06/01/2011, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just PM'ed you with details on 2 companies that I work with. I have 2 kids - 1 at school & the other one at home and I have been able to fit everything around their activities.

Let me know if you need any more info.

would also love a PM

#27 MJT

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (ljl211 @ 06/01/2011, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
would also love a PM

Done.  biggrin.gif

#28 Mummato3 +1

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:22 PM

MJT can you PM me with some details and how much it costs to start up?
thanks

#29 Cheryls

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (jenjams @ 06/01/2011, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just reading through these great ideas. I too am looking at something to do to make some extra money while home with 2 little girls.
What would people recommend that has a small initial outlay?

I have been a consultant with Thermomix for 3 months and love it! Originally joined to earn the machine I so desperately wanted. Not a lot of initial outlay. I think if you're thinking of party plan, you have to genuinely believe in the product you sell. For me, there was no question about the Thermomix. The product sells itself. Let me know if you are interested and I can forward you on details.

#30 cheekie75

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

Hi, So I am late joining this thread and forum.  I noted in reading the responses there was no one from Tupperware entered this discussion.  I am currently a stay at home mum, who is due to return to work in June.  I am interested in becoming a Tupperware consultant - I know the products from owning so many, so I was wondering if anyone could give me an honest opinion of what commission is like and training (plus expectations with good and not so good weeks of sales).  I have read through the other responses and I will be reviewing two other companies noted on previous pages.  I am looking to return to work part-time and supplement my income so I am reading this thread with a lot of interest.  Thank you in advance to the responses for my inquiry and thank you to the original author of this thread!

#31 Baby~Blue~Eyes

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:41 AM

MJT

Can you please PM me also!

Thanks

#32 Lisa71

Posted 01 February 2011 - 10:03 AM

I'm a Body Shop at Home consultant and absolutely love it  wub.gif The products are so fantastic that they sell themselves and it's a very small initial outlay, I would highly recommend them - their support is fantastic  biggrin.gif

#33 5forme

Posted 18 May 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hi Mrs G,

I have my own business it's Enviious Handbags and Accessories,
We don't do any demonstrations or give speeches, as the handbags sell themselves.
I have a high stock turnover  and there is always something different to purchase. There is also no collecting of money on the hostess' behalf nor do they deliver any products when they come from over east as all of our products are instant purchase.
We also don't have any monthly meetings, however I do have a manager who rings me to see how everything is  going.

HTH

Cheers
Paula

#34 mrsploppypants

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

i am a Stampin Up demonstrator. It is great for me as i now have a self-funding craft business. it gives me a chance to be creative, meet people and get excellent craft supplies at a discount.
http://www3.stampinup.com/au/ena/default.asp

for other craft related party plans try kazazz or creative memories

#35 *MumOfOne*

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:47 PM

I'm with Miche Bags - fabulous handbag inners with interchangeable shell outers.

I've had other party plan businesses before, but what I love about this one is the company does all the hard work as they deliver to each customer as they pay when they order so all you have to do is the party itself and the ordering online.

The bags and shells really sell themselves. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll send through some info original.gif

#36 Katie4LBA

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

I am a consultant for Larissa Bright Australia, which is a fairly new party plan to NSW and ACT. It's Australian made and owned and has beautiful, yet affordable Organic Skincare, Mineral Makeup, Body and Spa products (moisturisers, balm, scrubs etc..) and amazing essential oils! I have been a consultant for 3 years and the company is fantastic to work for - all run by women and we support each other 100%! If you would like a catalgoue, just message me and I can send you one original.gif

#37 bmfamily

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:28 PM

Have never sold, but love buying learning ladder books/toys.

#38 Alina0210

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

Other than Thermomx parties original.gif

One of the ladies on here started doing Flaschengeist Which is spirits, liqueurs, wines, oils and vinegars.. great parties and taste testings..... The garlic infused olive oil is my favorite. They are cheap enough than an everyday person can afford it, and you use it, not like you buy it and then never use it...

#39 Chocolate Addict

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

I like Flaschengiest products but after the disasterous (sp??) Rep we had I will only buy their stuff online now. Tounge1.gif

A friend used to work for them and said it was a pain in the butt and quite costly as they had to buy all the new release products and bottles.

However, it always pays to do your own research not just go on word of mouth. original.gif Ask around with your friends what sort of stuff they would be interested in as there is a high chance you would want them to help you out by having parties. Tounge1.gif

#40 jazzcait

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (marmeg86 @ 31/08/2010, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sell Mary Kay cosmetics and absolutely love it. 50% commission.

Me too!  original.gif Just recently joined.

QUOTE (marmeg86 @ 31/08/2010, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sell Mary Kay cosmetics and absolutely love it. 50% commission.

Me too!  original.gif Just recently joined.

#41 JoA3

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:30 PM

I am a Nature Direct distributor - 100% Natural cleaning products. A great team and really fantastic products.

#42 ~floss~

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

Hi Everyone,
I have just started with a company that sells gourmet food and kitchen and bakeware prouducts, it all tastes amazing and sells itself !!

Commission is a huge 25% !

If you want more info PM me, I am happy to share original.gif

#43 becomebeautyqld

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hi,

Hope you are having some luck with your search!

By chance, I stumbled across Become Beauty.

I was (and still am) working 3 days a week in a government job. I tried Become for 2 months, then thought since I had experienced the most amazing skin transformation, why not try this as a job!

I literally cant keep up with the demands for sample packs, business interests & clinics.

The products sell themselves, I love that part...  Definately not a Hard Sell product.

So if your interested, PM me and I will email you all the information, its really worth a look.

All the best

Bonita

#44 ilovethebeach

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Hi MJT,

could you please pm me too?

thanks

#45 daisyfromavon

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

I'm an Avon Rep,not new,125 years old!!!Reputable,100% money back guarantee,easy,flexible,great products,I'm a beauty freak & use it all,have loved makeup since 14 & am now 37.It just sells itself,it's so much cheaper & has great specials.Easy!!No start up fee!

#46 JAA7

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

I love this industry. So much opportunity out there :-) I work full time in a traditional job, have a little boy with some learning difficulties that needs lots of extra help and teenagers. Its full on around here most of the time lol. You can probably relate original.gif

The one that I do is essential services (Telecommunications and Electricity/Gas). Who do you know that uses any of these services?  I get a discount on mine and earn a "passive" income when others use thiers.

Its not traditional party plan in that you dont do parties, but it is still a Direct Selling Business. This fits perfectly around our life original.gif

#47 ~floss~

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hi!
I am with a company called your inspiration at home - we sell gourmet food products such as dip mixes, oils and vinegars and you do taste test demos.

it is great as the products are amaing and sell themselves. there is no sales targets at all and a great online community (through skype)

You get 25% commisssion and because it is food based you get returning customers - i have one lady ordering every three weeks as she goes through her balsamic vinegar so quickly!

Because it is food based there are hepas of ways to sell it - home demos, markets and fairs, fundraising with schools, childcares and sporting clubs and you can also sell direct to food companies such as butchers, bakeries etc.

In April if you sign up you get the business kit thats usually $199 for only $59 and it has $450 worth of products to get you started.

If your interested email me at
kathrynyourinspiration@yahoo.com.au and i will send you the catalogue and what is included in the kit original.gif

#48 kiwichick79

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi,

I work with It Works.

They sell health and wellbeing products. Our best product being our Body wraps which you can do in the privacy of your own home and they are amazing and also the reason why I choose this company to join.

I have 2 little ones so this is great for me. I can get alot done at home after the girls are in bed and I don't have to pay childcare fees  biggrin.gif

If your interested PM me..it is really cool and I love it  biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#49 SM21

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:47 PM

Hi,
I realise this is an old topic, but wondering if anyone has any other party plans. As I would like to do one, but not sure which one. Still looking into different ones. If you have any others to add, please do. Thanks

#50 klr75

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

I recently went to a Your Inspirations at Home party - love love love their products.......  I now have a pantry full of their products, it's herb spices, oils, vingears, teas, coffee etc etc

Website below

http://yourinspirationathome.com.au/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.