• This topic is locked This topic is locked
73 replies to this topic

#51 ~gemma~

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

Everything ok Ness??

#52 ~raindrops~on~roses~

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:29 AM

I second Gemma's "everything ok Ness?"

Paula - Have a great time in Brissy!! I'm off to the Gold Coast on Sunday biggrin.gif

Jo - Good luck with the nappy hunt!

Gem - Love the pics! I have pettiskirt envy wub.gif

Caroline - I think we need a bump photo! yyes.gif I saw a lady I used to work with this morning who is 17 weeks pregnant and I was amazed at the bump she has already! I don't remember having much of a bump at that stage...
Man I have to stop talking about bumps... it might make me clucky! oomg.gif

AFM - All good with us... just trying to get through the last few days of working before life goes back to normal (after we return from the Gold Coast that is biggrin.gif )

Jen

#53 ktgrouch

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:30 AM

I have been really bad at posting lately. I come in and read, then never get round to acctually replying! I think Im just lazy.

Happy Birthday to the bubs I haven't said it to! I think I missed Declan (ages ago!), Ellie, Isaac and Mitchell. Oh, I can't remember. Sorry guys! Happy birthday!!!

Jen - Yay on the two steps! Go Lila!

Ness - you ok?

Jo - Good luck raising the money you are after! Did my donation go through? I haven't checked yet original.gif

Paula - Have a lovely trip to Brisbane! Hope all the sickness is gone now. original.gif

Gem - gorgeous photos! She is such a cutie.

Caroline - Yay on feeling good with your pregnancy! Glad it is all going well. Can't believe how fast it has flown by though! Probably not for you. ha ha

Not much to report here. Levi had a great birthday. It was spread out over three days because of family. Dh's brother and his wife were down from Karratha and we managed to offend them by moving the day of his party to the day they were leaving! Had no choice though. We originally had it on Grand Final day and no one could come!!! So we had a family dinner on Friday night so that they could come too.
Levi still isn't walking properly. He will take a few steps here and there when he needs to, but he just doesn't want to let go! He is so much fun though. Such a happy kid.  wub.gif
DH has an appointment on Oct 14th to arrange to get the snip! Yay! I have always wanted four kids and I am so happy having my body back. Im so terrified of getting pregnant I am actually avoiding DTD (not that I can find the energy anyway! lol). Can't wait to not have to worry about that. Although, knowing us DH's super sperm will find a way to get through! ha ha. Sorry for that gross image.  laughing2.gif

School holidays here. Kids are already driving me nuts. Going to go and sort them out! Hope everyone is having a good week. original.gif

#54 ~*Ness~*

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:36 PM

Yep all ok, feel much better and happier this morning. Had a bad night, had a few drinks and ended up having a huge fight with DH not due to the drinks, but they gave me the guts to discuss all the serious issues we have. Wont go into detail, but there are things that need to change I'm just not handling it all too well. Came here last night after hours of crying after he went to bed to vent but when I woke up realized all my issues aren't best being published on the net so I deleted it.

All ok though, plodding along as usual. Love my girls so much and do love DH too.

Did loose another kilo though this week so that put a smile on my face. 1kg to go and then I'm only 9 away from my goal. Sounds so far but 3 months ago my goal was about 17 kilos away.

Thanks for asking though guys. I posted here as I feel this is a place I have such good friends I can tell anything to and I was so upset but the issues aren't things I can talk to anyone in my real life network about.

Edited by ~*Ness~*, 29 September 2010 - 09:39 PM.

#55 the4rugrats

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

bbighug.gif ness glad your feeling a bit better.  Good job on the weightloss. I am so unmotivated to do anything about mine...DH went on the treadmill and after he was finished said it was my turn... I didnt do it.  tongue.gif

Katie: yes the money did go through, THANK YOU, from me and Trudi.  original.gif  My DH hasnt said anything about getting the snip lately, so we are still dtd unprotected. Oh well I figure if he was concerned he would do something, but he doesnt!  shrug.gif

Gem: Ellie is just beautiful.

Paula and Jen: Have a great holiday...our holiday to Brisbane is getting closer, cant wait...(except the ILaws bit! hehe)

Trudi is meant to be asleep, but shes on my knee doing anything possible to keep awake. Shes just learned, in the last few days, how to do the 'indian' noise. Except she keeps her tongue out while she hits her mouth, and does she get noisy! I almost wish the kids didnt teach her.

#56 ~raindrops~on~roses~

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

Awww Jo - It sounds so cute what Trudi does with her 'indian' noise! I can imagine how loud it gets as Lila does it too yyes.gif Lila is starting to babble a bit more now and it's the cutest thing, but sometimes I do wish for a little peace and quiet! I think I'm going to have (do have!) two outgoing kids! Noisy house we'll have.. poor DH, he's the quiet introverted one laughing2.gif

Ness - Glad things are feeling a bit better after a good nights sleep. Hope you and DH can have a rational sober conversation to try and sort out some of your issues. Thought about counselling? WTG on the weight loss ddance.gif I'm terrible! And being at work these past two weeks I've eaten a chocolate most days ssorry.gif

Katie - Had to chuckle about your DH's super sperm! I guess if it's meant to be, it'll happen anyway... are you not a fan of being on the pill? I'm looking forward to weaning Lila for only that reason! I am hanging to go back on the pill for contraception and to clear up my skin!

On the subject of pills and things... I have a petty vent...

AF returned for me this morning  cry1.gif cry1.gif cry1.gif

I would happily have never seen it again! I think it must be beacause I've been working the past two weeks, therefore not BF'ing Lila during the day. I thought it might happen but wasn't dedicated enough to express or anything at lunch. No-where to do it, I would have had to sit on the loo sad.gif
Maybe it'll be a one off AF and now I'll go back to bf'ing Lila during the day it will stay away again..? Here's to hoping! tthumbs.gif

Anyway, I finish work in half an hour and then I'm free again!!

Oh! And while I'm prattling on (because I have nothing else to do!) I'll share my good news!! Sold my ab circle on ebay today for about what I paid for it I think ($305) ddance.gif The lady is local too which saves the whole packaging/shipping issue and she's paying COD so I'll have extra cash for shopping in QLD! Woo Hoo!!!

Ok, on that happy note I'll say goodbye and I'll be back in a week or so biggrin.gif waves.gif

Jen

Edited by ~raindrops~on~roses~, 01 October 2010 - 04:30 PM.

#57 beck73

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

I know it has been absolutely ages since my last actual post in here, but I do try to come in most days to keep up with everyone.  As Jen said though, it has been really quiet in here - I guess because so many of us catch up on each other's doings on FB...  I also usually find that I get halfway through a post and either lose it in cyberspace or have to give up because one of the munchkins needs me!  Oh well - time to try again and see how far I get this time tongue.gif

Jen - funny you should post about AF returning, as I've had 4 cycles (even though Eloise only weaned from BF a week before her birthday glare.gif) but now she seems to be MIA wwhistle.gif ...  I've always been as regular as clockwork and AF was due last Monday, but I've had no sign of her at all!  I thought that having my tubes clamped when DD was born would mean that I didn't have to worry about this sort of thing anymore!!!  I've been POAS twice a day since I realised she was late and they've all been BFN.gif so I'm fairly confident that I'm not pregnant again, but the wondering is really doing my head in.  Poor DH is a mess with worry about it so I tried to get in to the local medical centre for a blood test today, but all the slackers wanting certificates for taking a sickie today had clogged the place up and I couldn't get an appointment at all, hopefully I will be able to get in tomorrow morning so I can get a definitive answer either way.

Jo - Eloise does the 'indian' noise too, then cracks up halfway through because she thinks she's so clever wub.gif.  As for her being taught things by the older kids, I could be in trouble there because my older ones are all boys so my poor little girl is bound to be an expert on cars, lego and wrestling before she finds out about dolls and tea parties laughing2.gif

Ness - I hope things are improving at your place hhugs.gif.  Sometimes it really does help to be able to get things off your chest with people outside the situation, but I can totally understand you deciding not to leave it on the web.  Great job with your weight loss!!!  I got all psyched up to have a go at the couch-to-5k running thing (everyone I know thinks it is the funniest idea ever, I am SO not the athletic type!) and dug my shoes out only to find that the sole on one of them has completely come off - OOPS!  Best try to get to the shops tomorrow at some stage to buy some replacements and try again roll2.gif

Katie - LOL at your DH's super sperm, I'm still convinced one of my DH's must have survived for well over a week for DD to be here!!!  Well done to Levi on taking a few steps, I still can't get Eloise to even stand by herself yet rolleyes.gif.  I'm not too stressed about it though, DS1 and DS2 didn't walk until 13 months and DS3 didn't walk until 16 months so she's got a little bit of time up her sleeve yet.

Gem - gorgeous photos of Ellie wub.gif.  I was thinking of you on the day, the weather was just perfect!

Well, that takes me to the bottom of this screen so I'd better leave it there and actually post something for a change while I have the chance!  Hope everyone has a great weekend, I'll be praying that the forecast rain holds off otherwise it's going to be a looooong long weekend if we're all cooped up inside together!

Take care,

Beck x

#58 minich

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:09 AM

Hey, quick question. How much milk is your bubbas now drinking? Amelia was having 1 BF in the morning , 2 1/2 drinks during the day & 1 x 180ml bottle at night. A few weeks ago she totally refused my breast & the 2 day drinks so now she's just having her bottle at night. I give her brekky nearly as soon as she wakes and she also has lots of yoghurt & cheese but I was just thinking that maybe I should be giving her a bottle in the morning as well. What do you guys think, is 180mls enough milk for a 1yr old?

#59 ~*Ness~*

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:18 PM

Edited by ~*Ness~*, 05 October 2010 - 06:16 AM.

#60 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:29 PM

Oh Ness honey that must have been scary.

I think definitely stopping the pills is the way to go to begin with, but go to the doctor and get yourself checked. I have a blood pressure monitor you can borrow if you want to keep track of that for a while for your peace of mind.

Remember I'm not too far away so you can call me if you need some help - I'm back at work now but I'm around on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll PM you my number.

#61 minich

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:15 PM

Oh Ness how horrible. I have heard panick attacks are very scary. I think it may be a combo of the pills and other stresses. I hope your GP can see you ASAP. Hang in there babe I hope things get better for you soon.

#62 ktgrouch

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:34 AM

Ness - you poor thing! I used to suffer from panic attacks so I know how distressing they can be. It is quite possibly the pills plus other factors (lack of sleep could be one of those factors). Duromine is basically a mild version of speed so it does unfortunately have quite a few side effects. Maybe go back to your GP and find something else that doesn't have the severe side effects but still does the same thing? Hope you are feeling better now.  bbighug.gif

Minich - I actually don't know about the milk thing! Levi still has 2 bottles a day sometimes 3. But he has one before he has a sleep. Can you maybe offer it in another way, like making a smoothie, instead of just giving it to her as a bottle?

Quick one from me. I am sitting here waiting for DH to get home from his basket ball game. Been having heart palpitations for about 3 hours and need to duck down to the hospital. Grrrrr. You know whats really annoying? I have no kids! They are all having sleepovers at my SIL and MIL's houses! And I am going to have to spend a couple of hours in the ED! Aaarrrggghhh. Very frustrating. Thankfully it is only a mild case this time, but I rang the health direct line and the nurse told me to get seen. Fun fun fun. lol.

#63 ~*Ness~*

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:14 AM

Thanks Gem. I should be fine now the dr was sure the blood pressure was from the pills and was concerned, but now I'm off them it should be fine, I have never had high blood pressure.

Katie I hope everythings ok. What is causing the palpatations? I have had it this week too it's scary. I am not going to worry about getting something different, will loose the rest the normal way.

Caroline I meant to say that 1 bottle should be fine if she is eating a good full diet and getting calcium from other sources. Zara still has 3 full bottles a day, is a real milk addict! I don't think ava was having this much at this age though.

Edited by ~*Ness~*, 05 October 2010 - 06:20 AM.

#64 ktgrouch

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:21 PM

Ness - You are doing so well with your weight loss. Im sure you will have no dramas dropping the rest! I really need to get my butt in gear. Im a bit jealous you have the energy to try and lose weight. I am just so lazy these days! As for the palpitations - I get them a lot. I have SVT. Didn't end up going to the hospital though. I just went to bed. Couldn't be bothered sitting around for a few hours in the waiting room of the ED. The palpitations weren't too bad (anywhere between 100-120 bpm) but they lasted all night and morning so I am exhausted!

I have my nephew here tonight and just my boys. I am so tired though and my nephew can be a handful. He was whinging the whole way home and I just ignored him. Im so nasty!!! Hopefully DH will be home soon to entertain them and I can have a nap on the couch. hee hee.

#65 mlto

Posted 05 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

HI everyone

Ness you poor thing! I am glad you got home ok. I have heard mixed stories about taking those tablets and its amazing they can still sell them knowing how they affect people!

Katie I hope you are feeling better. Hope the palputations have gone now.

Caroline As long as she is having a well balanced diet I wouldnt be too worried. One of mine refused milk at this age. Cooper on the other hand has about 3 bottles a day, I have stopped formula for all but his night time bottle.  You don't have long to go now do you original.gif

Well COoper had his first birthday last Friday and he couldnt have cared less! He had his party on Sunday, slept for most of it and came out for cake lol. I have created a cake monster, he sees cake and he whinges and throws a tanty till he gets some!

He is walking everywhere now. Only crawls if he cant be bothered getting back up on his feet. He is trying to run now too. I wish he would slow down!

Better go and get to bed I think!

Mel xx

#66 emma-g

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:56 AM

Hi everyone! its about time I posted,i've been reading though.

Milk: 180ml bottle cows milk at bedtime. during the day its water in a sippy cup.
12mth check: 76cm 10.1kg
Sleeping: 7.30pm-6.30am. naps on a good day 2 x 1hr. Cassies sleeping is getting better as she is getting older thank god.
Mobility: crawling and walking along furniture, taking 1-2 steps here and there, still preferring to crawl.
Teeth: we have just had #6 come through.
Talking:making sounds like she is singing all the time, tries to repeat words. still only says mum properly

We had Cassies 1st birthday/party on saturday. we had 30adults and 12 kids here,quite a tiring day but everyone had a great time.She hated everyone singing happy birthday, she cried the whole way through.

We got a  BFP.gif a couple of weeks ago.Im off to have a dating scan tomorrow.I had my period in August sometime it was my 1st one since finishing breastfeeding. Been feeling sick.gif dry retching when changing Cassies nappy.

#67 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

YAY! Congrats Emma!
Love the photo of Cassie - what a little cutie  wub.gif

#68 cazbabslong

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

Congrats Emma!!!

Ness How are you feeling now??? I have taken diet drugs before and have experienced dizzy spells and a racing heart. Never panic attacks though thankfully. I have had them when I had PND and they are scary.

AFM We are walking!!!!!! Not everywhere yet, but can walk across the room and up the hallway. When Soph falls down she looks around and laughs and claps. Its great!! Must be bc we were clapping her when she was trying to walk and it always ended up in falling. She must think its all part of it now!!
Havent had 12 mth check or needles yet. Was on the to do list for school hols but have nearly run out of time!

Caz

#69 ktgrouch

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:26 AM

Emma - Congratulations! Thats fantastic news. Love the pic of Cassie too. Very cute!

Mel - Was just looking at the pics of Cooper on FB. He is so cute. I love the photos of him walking. original.gif

Caz - So funny that Soph laughs and claps when she falls down. So does Levi! Great that she is walking now. Easier on their knees! ha ha.

Gemma - love the belly pic on FB. Very cute!

AFM, Levi is halfway to walking all the time. If he is standing up already then he walks to where he wants to go. But if he is sitting down he is lazy and crawls.  biggrin.gif  He is such a good kid. I can see him being an absolute terror as a 2 year old though!!!
I haven't done the 1 year old needles yet either. He was a few weeks late for all the others so thats my excuse this time!
My kids are trying to kill each other so better go and sort them out!

#70 Wild Strawberry

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:42 AM

Congrats Emma! So exciting original.gif

Hmmm i still haven't had Isa's 4 month needles. Whoops. Will get them done next week.

I have a full time walker now. Only took him 1.5 months from when he started walking but finally he has decided it is the way to get around.

Off to vacswim this morning and need to get DS2 ready for daycare.

BBL original.gif

#71 minich

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

Emma - Congratulations. How exciting for you.
Caz - Yay for the walking. I want Amelia to walk so bad but I'd bet as soon as she does I'll take it back.
Better go as I'm at work. Hopefully  I remember to post a belly pic soon but my damn internet is still playing up.  rant.gif

#72 ZombieFerretOfDoom

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:18 PM

Am I the only one that doesn't really care when Ellie starts walking?

She only started crawling properly a month ago and my understanding is it's very good for them to crawl for as long as possible - helps develop perception, brain function, muscles, coordination - I'm in no rush for her to walk!

Poor Ellie is currently on her 7th ear infection in a couple of months - referral to Westmean ENT clinic gave us an ppointment in JUNE NEXT YEAR!!!!! How effing ridiculous - so we're going private, so far the earliest appt we've been able to get is 29 November but I've been given a few more names so going to try and get something earlier. Seems pretty much a given that she'll have to get grommets. Now it makes us wonder if she's had a bunch of undiagnosed ear infections and that's what caused all her sleep problems....

#73 ktgrouch

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:36 AM

Gem - Poor Ellie! That must be horrible. Can't believe they gave you an appt for June next year!  huh.gif  That is laughable, yet so very frustrating for you! As for the walking. Im not overly fussed except for the fact that if he starts walking I don't have to carry him so much. Little chubba that he is! Crawling is definately important but it doesn't matter how long for, just as long as they do it before they start walking.

Minich - definately need to post a belly pic! original.gif

#74 beck73

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

Gem - I find it absolutely astonishing that you can't get an appointment for Ellie to see a private paed before the end of November, let alone having to wait until June next year to get in to the clinic at Westmead!!!  I'll keep everything crossed for you that you can find something earlier, your poor little girl sad.gif

Katie - I'm with you on being keen for Eloise to start walking so I don't have to carry her everywhere!  On a purely superficial level, it will also be fun when she does start walking because I have soooo many cute dresses and skirts that I can't put on her yet wink.gif

Minich - hurry up with a belly pic already!  Those of us who have finished our babymaking still want to cluck over yours!LOL!

Jo - damn, you've just reminded me that I need to have Eloise's 12 month needles done sad.gif.  We had to have an 'emergency' chicken pox immunisation when DS3 caught them so had to put the rest of her needles back by a month...

Caz - awww, I can just picture how cute it must be when Sophia falls down and claps herself!LOL!  

Emma - congratulations!!!  I love the pic of little Cassie, she looks like she is having a wonderful time wub.gif

Mel - I love the image of Cooper as a cake monster laughing2.gif

SYDNEY GIRLS - are we going to try again for a meet up after the big kids go back to school?  I can't believe all our babies are one already!

AFM - we had a bit of a scare here, with AF a week late oomg.gif, but thankfully it was a false alarm!  My GP did a blood test because I've had my tubes tied so have to be extra careful (higher risk of ectopic if one of the little swimmers does get through somehow) so now I have the HUGEST bruise on my arm, but I suspect it was just my hormones going a bit out of whack because it was my first cycle since stopping BF.  We've had lots of fun with photography around here lately with a happy snap of my DH and DS3 making the Top 100 in the Centro Smile photography comp, and now my little Eloise has been selected as a finalist in the 'face of beautiful soles' comp wub.gif!!!  I don't know how well she will do because the winner is selected by the number of people who 'like' her photo, and I don't have all that many FB friends laughing2.gif, but it was just lovely to have someone else agree with me that she is a little cutie wub.gif rolleyes.gif!

Must be off now, it's the final day of just my big boys and I for these school holidays so I'm keen to get out and do something fun!  No idea what yet as the weather isn't being particularly helpful, but it's certainly not going to happen while I'm gasbagging in here wink.gif

Take care,

Beck x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.