#3 tinkster23

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:06 AM

Silver!

Good night!

#4 summerbub

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

BRONZE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurro! biggrin.gif

Happy happy Thursday! Is it sad that I look forward to Wednesdays and Thursdays each week as Noah is at daycare?  huh.gif No really, I do like him laughing2.gif

Well great news in relation to Eden's silent reflux - I went to a fantastic doctor and she prescribed Losec to help her out. She has had 2 doses so far and (touch wood) I can see the difference already. It is only 1ml twice a day at the moment, we go back for a review next week to see if we need to increase the dose or if that is still ok at the moment. She is still such a princess and hasn't even cried still... the look of concern on her face when she is gulping and gasping just breaks my heart sad.gif I would have expected her to be screaming but apparently she's tough like me rather than a big sooky face like my DH laughing2.gif

I'm off to the jeweller in the city this morning - I had mum's engagement ring reset and I copied an amazing design that we saw in the shop so it is an art deco style dress ring. I have had them put one tiny ruby and one tiny emerald in the sides of the ring. The ruby is my birthstone and the emerald was mum's. biggrin.gif I can't wait to pick it up - I need to shower and get myself sorted before making the trip in with miss Eden.

Oh and newsflash: According to Noah cat says "water" and "shoe" so I hope you can all properly educate your children to inform them of this change... I will contact the education department today to let them know as well.

Ok better go jump under the shower.

xx Hopefully bbl with a pic of my ring (on my finger laughing2.gif )

Edited by summerbub, 09 September 2010 - 08:13 AM.

#5 LittleDCJ

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:39 AM

Booby prize!!

Going to see if I can get J into the Drs soon.  He's been losing weight, off his food and his #2s are gross.  

Betta get kids dressed and presentable for school, kindy and childcare - and then 2h to myself!!!

#6 tashi2

Posted 09 September 2010 - 07:46 PM

Hope Jarvis is OK - it is so frustrating when they go off their food

Robyn - i saw your ring on facbook -lovely and sparkly

Can anyone tell me when the last lot of teeth come through. Spencer has all the signs of teething but he wont let me look in his mouth

#7 summerbub

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

Tashi - are you talking about the "2 year old" molars? If so, I think around 2 years old roll2.gif sorry I couldn't resist!

LittleDCJ - how did you go at the doc? I hope your rockstar is okay sad.gif

Yes my ring is very sparkly, I love it so much it is so special. Thanks Sue original.gif

Oh and Princess Eden is ASLEEP IN HER COT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Losec! roll2.gif

Edited by summerbub, 09 September 2010 - 08:27 PM.

#8 LittleDCJ

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:54 PM

Tashi, next teeth are 2yo molars but I think they can come anywhere from 18m-2.5y.  Jarvis has also been showing a few signs of teething.

Robyn - Love the sparkly ring and love the sentimental meaning it has for you.  So glad to hear your foo foo is feeling good.

Jarvis is so frustrating atm.  I give him food and after looking at it or trying a mouthful he hands the bowl back to me and says 'ish' which means finished.  I weighed him yesterday and he's only 9.4kg and he's been that for the last 3 months.  I got him an appt for tomorrow afternoon.  I wasn't sure whether to go to my (exBIL) as my SIL (DH's sister) has separated from him today.  Even though he is a fantastic GP I just couldn't do it so I've booked him into see the GP I usually see for girly stuff and when I don't want my BIL to do it.  Hopefully we'll get some answers soon.  I just know she'll probably ask for a stool sample, yuck!!

#9 JoRiCo

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:24 PM

waves.gif

Tashi- How many teeth does Spencer have? Cohen is just cutting his eye teeth (pointy one near the front) and has been very clingy that last few days. Try holding him upside down and tickle him  original.gif  that usually gets Cohen to open his mouth.

Little DCJ- I hope Jarvis starts eating soon sad.gif So frustrating, Cohen has good and bad days with food. He is only 10kg so on the small side also. Hope you get some answers from the GP.

Robyn- Oh my wub.gif your ring is gorgeous! Glad that Eden has settled down and you are getting some rest.

AFM- Cohen is driving me mad  sad.gif He has to be sitting on me all the time, and all hell breaks loose if I have to do something (housework, cooking dinner etc). He is chucking some great tantrums but he can be gorgeous a few mins later.
We were going thru the family that other day asking him where everyone was, when we asked him "where's mummy?" he came up to me and said "love mumma cuddles" and gave me the biggest hug  wub.gif . If ot wasn't for the tantrums and clingyness he would be a fantastic child.

Dannii

#10 mummabubba

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:57 AM

I'm back!!!!!  Hi everyone! waves.gif

sorry been away so long - been too busy and it's hard to get back into reading again.

but i'm back and tonight i'm going to catch up on what everyone has been doing!

AFU - we've had a trip to the UK which was ok but my MIL is a complete b*tch and I ended up having to leave their place (which was cool because I scored three nights by myself in London - wicked!)! Will fill you in more later.

I'm back to working full time, but have found a wonderful german nanny (Frauline Nicole  biggrin.gif ) to look after the boys two days a week and they are at kindy the rest.  is working really well so far.

Gotta run, but will be back on the weekend with a proper update.

#11 summerbub

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

Where's Ineke? ninja.gif

Ok I'll confess I just stalked her and she hasn't been online since the 5th of Sept.... or on FB. I hope she is holding her little boy in her arms!!

Welcome back Lisa, was so nice to see you the other day - thanks for sharing a wine with me!!

JoRiCo - Oh so sorry to hear that Cohen is being difficult at times - that is so cute about him loving your cuddles though wub.gif Melts your heart hey!!

LittleDCJ - so sorry to hear about the BIL / SIL split sad.gif Good luck at the GP, I too would have booked into someone else to avoid the awkward situation.

#12 White-Lily

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:54 PM

ph34r.gif for news from Ineke. Hopefully she is holding bubs as i type

Welcome back Lisa. Glad to hear you have found someone to look after the boyswhile you work. I have also just gone back to work full time. How are you finding it?

Sue i think they get them anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5yrs, but they are called '2yr old molars'. Shae has the room for them in her mouth now and i think she is starting to show signs of getting them soon. I thought i felt something spiky where one should be but im not sure if it was a tooth coming thru or not

Tina i hope Jarvis is ok! Not nice when they are sick. Hope the GP can give you some answers

Dannii Shae is just like Cohen! She isnt happy unless she is sitting on me or being carried (by me) or leading me around the house. She is such a mummies girl which i should think is lovely but really i just want to be left alone sometimes...  unsure.gif daddy is just as good if not better than mummy!!! So cute when they cuddle you so tight tho!

Robyn great news about Eden responding well to the meds and sleeping in her cot!

AFU nothing happening here, more cleaning and gardening this weekend and then hopefully the house will settle on Monday and i will done with it!! Im really excited and will be gutted if it doesnt go thru for whatever reason.
I really feel like i/we are stuck in the same place until this house is gone. Everything has been put on hold until this is finalised. We have no set plans for the furture so im really looking forward to making them finally

and im tossing up getting my Mirena removed, tho its not for making a new baby... unfortunantly (DH keeps saying 'not yet' and then shutting the discussion down) Just been doing some reading (again) and a few of my side effects seem to be getting worse. Still just thinking tho, maybe i should just wait it out another 6 or so months??

#13 tashi2

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

HI Ladies

haha about the 2 year molars. Spencer went to the doctor today as i wanted a check up to see if his ear infection had improved and after an hour of waiting wacko.gif it turns out that he now has glue ear... this probably explains why he is up half the night crying.. have been so sleep deprived lately..

On a better note he had his first full day at day care today and apparently loved it... slept for 2 hours. When I went to pick him up he was still sleeping lol. I hope he enjoys it. He is only going to go one day a week for the time being. It is nice for him to mix with other kids without me around.

LIsa - welcome back. Hope the boys travelled well

white-lilly - I hope your house settles

OK - hope everyone has a good weekend

#14 leita

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:38 PM

We're BA-ACK!!

Hi Ladies!!
Well, what a wonderful, wonderful holiday we've just had. 3 weeks in Holland with the inlaws. Fortunately my mother in law is an angel (in small doses anyway) and father in law is even better, so we had a lovely relaxing break. Amalia was really good on the flights, really awake  blink.gif , but eally happy so it was all good. She kept standing on my lap and giving us a commentary on the people behind us "people sleep", "people wake" but my favourite was when she was looking at the old guy behind us and very seriously said "big big ears". roll2.gif  Fortunately she's not super clear if you don't know her so no offence was taken, but DH and I had a great laugh.

My little girl has grown so much, she just talks all the time and is a very happy little camper. She learnt how to count to 10 in both english and dutch while we were on holiday, and knows her colours and shapes- think I might have my hands full with this one!

Will have to see if i can downsize a couple of photos....

Whitelily- settlement delays suck. Did you know you can charge them a late settlement fee if it's more than 3 days past the agreed date? We did this, and it at least made me feel a bit better!

Ooops, I hear someone waking, got to run- bbl....
tongue.gif

#15 tashi2

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for the update ineke... hope you get to see your baby soon

#16 LEGs-R-US

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:23 PM

Well it has been a little while since I've been in here and some of you lovely ladies have some fab new signatures - I need to clearly get myself a new one.

Tina - What a tricky situation with your ex-BIL.  it is sad that he was a good doctor and now you have to make this decision.  Was it an amicable split?? that might make it easier I guess.  Hope the GP gave you the answers.  Ethan was a fussy eater with me.  He was still only 13kgs when he was nearly 4.  In the past six months he has put on like three kilos!

Whitelilly - bummer about the settlement.  I was reading a horror post on here the other day about some lady who has bought a house but has then put a covert house and they have lost the deposit. Maybe the late fee that Leita has suggested is something that you could pursue.  It is just so frustrating.  

Leita - holidays sound fabulous AND your inlaws sound hilarious!  I think I'd take offense if my IL was so 'blunt' all the time.  Atleast you know how to handle it.  Will be stalking you for some photos.

ROBYN - hell no... Wednesday and Thursday would rock when you get to have Eden days.  A mother at school was saying to me just the other day how she tells everyone that she has no kids days on Thursdays (when her two year old was at daycare) and everyone laughs because she still has her four month old.

Ineke - was lovely to meet you the other day (even if I was looking life a heffalump in my togs).  Maybe next time I can be wearing clothes.  I can't believe you are still in one piece... you looked ready to pop.  As I suggested you need to go down the slide that might have the desired effect.

TASHI - so good that Spencer loves childcare - will make it easier to drop him off.

ME...
Spent the day at FLoriade today.  It was beautiful and all the flowers look like they are out or very close to it.  It still goes for another month so not sure how it will look come October when it ends.  The kids were so excited to see the farm animals... hounded me for 30 minutes if we could go and see and then when we got there they were the biggest scaredy-cats ever!  

Mark is back off to Melbourne this week. It looks like this is going to be a trend with him going down every Monday night and coming back Wednesday night.  It means any houses I like the look of Mark will probably be able to check out.  One I absolutely loved the other day and had lined up for an inspection was gone before we could even get down to see it sad.gif.  I really want to get a place before we move because I don't want to be living in an apartment for weeks on end.

Other than that running is going well.  Did 2k in 14.32 yesterday.  I now want to break the 14 minutes twice this week and then maybe next week try another 4 or 5 k next week.  

OK... off to watch Junior Masterchef - not sure if I will love it as much as the normal one.

Jen

#17 White-Lily

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

Leita i know a little bit about the fees we can charge, we 'agreed' to the first extension but if it doesnt settle today then we are going to charge them penalties and if they back out we will sue - its a bit sad/worrying that we have even had this discussion!! fingers crossed for today  hands.gif
Great that you and your DH had a relaxing fun holiday with the family. Well done Mali on counting in two languages!

Sue poor Spencer with his ear. Are they able to give him anything to help get rid of it? Glad he went well at daycare. it is lovely when they love daycare. It took Shae months to settle in and finally 9 months after starting she will sleep for longer than an hour! So way to go Spencer!!

Ineke rest up as much as you can and make the most of your helpers! Hopefully bubs will come soon and you wont need to be induced.

Jen bummer about the house being gone before you could even to look at it! When do you make the move? Great work on the running!

AFU Shae is getting sick again, think i might have to start her on her ventolin again today or tomorrow morning. She sounded chest this morning and had a bit of a temp yesterday. I really thought winter was over for us but it seems i was wrong

Will BBL with settlement news hopefully

#18 summerbub

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:25 PM

Suzanne, how did you go? I hope it all went through hands.gif

Leita, how clever is your little girl counting to 10 in two languages!?!? OMG Noah must be a bit daft! hahaha. I say one, two, and he'll yell out "FREEEEEEEEE" but that's about it at the moment! haha. Okay sometimes he says "twoooo" "Freeeeeeeeeeeee"....

Jen, welcome back! biggrin.gif I hope you find a home for yourselves soon. Well done with your running too! I now have no excuses so I need to get rid of my little post baby excess bit. I did manage to fit into my Colarado denim shorts yesterday which were pre pregnancy size 8's eexcite.gif so that made me happy. Didn't look quite the same with my muffin top, but I still got them on roll2.gif

Sue, yay for Spencer enjoying kindy!! woo hoo!! What happens with glue ear? what is it? Does it just go away or do you need medication / operation etc?

Ineke, how are you going? I hope you are holding your little one by now!

AFUs, well Eden has still been heaps better since we commenced her anti-reflux medication. As I type she is asleep in her cot ddance.gif and has been there for 2.5 hours. I'm thinking of going in and giving her a dreamfeed now and heading off to bed. I'm in two minds though, last night she went from 8.30pm till 2am, then again at 5.30am so I was happy with that! She did sleep on my chest most of the night though glare.gif so that isn't what I'm after - I'm not a "baby wearer".
Noah has continued to be fantastic with her. He just loves her and it is so nice to see that he hasn't got his nose out of joint. No more incidents at kindy either thank goodness. He has really come along in the last 3 weeks with his talking so I guess he will be hard to keep quiet in no time! So gorgeous.

The Prawn just brought+bought me a Golden Gaytime so I must go enjoy that before the dreamfeed / bed thing......

Night! xx

#19 crazy*cat*lady

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:27 PM

Hi all,

We've been busy here.  On the weekend we went camping for the first time since Claire has been on the outside... last time I was pregnant.

Claire had a blast and loved all the music.  It was a bit cold at night though and due to her cough we ended up bringing her to bed with us on the one air mattress.  The first night our neighbours stayed up late singing and Claire was using our mattress as a trampoline...  We have all slept very well since we've been home!

I am very excited, tomorrow I get to pick up my new car, an Hyundai i30 wagon.  If everything goes to plan I will be picking it up at lunchtime tomorrow original.gif

I had to get Claire early from day care today, she was a very unhappy girl.  I went straight to the GP who discovered a very inflamed ear.  I have given her some Panadol and started a course of antibiotics and she seems a bit happier, so that is something.

We didn't get our BFP our first month which was a bit of a surprise, although it probably shouldn't have been.  I think I'll be a bit better prepared emotionally from her on in though.  I still occasionally wonder if I'm doing the right thing, but not enough to seriously contemplate not TTC.  A part of me worries a bit at the old endo the OB found during the c/s.  Not that worrying about it will do me any good.

I really hope Suzanne's house has settled.  I would have been so mad, I usually have the car packed with the first load of stuff in the hours leading up to settlement.

GTG now, Claire needs some cuddles.

I hope everyone is well.

#20 July Baby

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:57 PM

I was having a read on facebook and discovered this......

BREAKING NEWS! Kurt Pieter Varley born 8:24pm 13 September 2010. 10 pounds 6 ounces.

Congratulations Ineke and Gavin and Sijb on the arrival of not so little Kurt!

Take care and enjoy your cuddles

#21 fallen~from~grace

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

Wow! Congratulations to Ineke, Gavin and Sijb on the arrival of your blue bundle, Kurt.  Can't wait to see photo's!  Enjoy your babymoon original.gif

Ali

#22 tinkster23

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:05 AM

congrats ineke
rest, 10 pounders aren't easy, no matter which way they come out

bloody second babies, like to come out giants!!

#23 LittleDCJ

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

Congratulations Ineke and family on the arrival of Kurt.

#24 White-Lily

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:55 AM

Congratulations Ineke, Gavin and Sijb on the arrival of Kurt!!

Rest up Ineke and enjoy cuddles with your new bundle

AFU the house did settle, thank god! now we can really get serious about finding a block of land for the new house to be built on!

#25 3'sacrowd

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:58 AM

Congratulations Ineke on baby Kurt

Glad to hear the settlement went through White-Lily

Renee-Glad you had a good time camping.
I like the i30 wagons.Cute car. I bet your excited about picking it up today.
Hope Claire is starting to feel better. Not nice being sick.Cohen has a bit of a runny nose and he was really sweaty last night.He woke up crying and he was so wet.I had to change his clothes, then he threw up and all over me so we both had to have another shower.He is much better today.*touchwood* Aston is still ok.

Robyn- Great news that Eden is sleeping better on her medication. Sounds like it is helping her reflux.

Jen- Well done on the running.Great time.

Aston is in bed,but Cohen likes to go into his room and wake him up so he can play with him.Cute,but annoying. Better go get him.
I just did some mowing and now I have been bitten by stupid bugs and now I'm itchy grrrr.
waves.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.