74 replies to this topic

#51 Kay1

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

cry1.gif

For the first time ever we were 4th in the 2005 group. sad.gif

#52 mirandarine

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:58 PM

Im bored. Someone entertain me!

Where is everyone? Clearly living a life I dont have! B_O_R_E_D!!!!!

lol

Not much happening here, but you can read it anyway!

1. Interview for Prep enrolment at Z's school for C tomorrow. Still not 100% about which school as yet. Z's school is great- but huge ( 1000+ kids) and while it is the nearest school, as of first day of school next year- a BRAND new school will open at the end of our street... hmmm do we be the guines pigs??? When the new school opens, I have a sneaking suspicion we lose the bus pass required for transport to the old school on my work days  as it is no longer "the nearest state school" to our house..... decsions.....

2. I have to go in for round 2 of dental on thurs..... 2hrs... four fillings and $850... Sugar! ( pun intended!)

Edited by mirandarine, 04 October 2010 - 09:59 PM.

#53 Kay1

Posted 05 October 2010 - 06:44 AM

Hmm. tough choice Miranda. Have you toured the new school, met the teachers etc?

If I was impressed with their plans I'd probably go with the closer one.

#54 mirandarine

Posted 05 October 2010 - 09:51 AM

No- and no real opportunity until the last week of term this year as the school is still under construction! I have met with the principal of the new school and been to two community meetings and while I think the new school will be fantastic- there are a few stumbling blocks for me.
1. The new school will have no air con as a part of the QLD govt new building code that is apparently void of the need of air con with their eco building styles..... My issue there is there is rarely ever a whisper of a wind here.... How will an eco building self cool without a breeze? We get scorching days here in summer... Im worried how it will work- moreso certain that a year down the track the P&C ( read the parents) will pay for the air con anyway.
2. Zara is already established in her current school and is performing well.
3. I rely on the bus bringing Z home on the days I work- which is two weekdays this  year, but 5 days next year. No need for the bus at the new school as it is at the end of the street- however the new school hours will be 8.30am-2.30pm and both Martin and I work until 3pm- the earliest Martin can be home is 3.15pm so 45 mins an afternoon- After school care is $16 per child... so $32 each and every afternoon when I only earn $60 a day! ( 3hr shift) The maths just dont add up!!!
Whereas now, Z's school finished at 3pm and the bus gets her hom at 3.25pm so spot on as Martin is home and I am only another 10 mins behind.
So to me- they really ought to both go to the school Z is at now- things would be logistically better- pending they can keep their bus passes- if not- Id be looking at $26.40 a week in two weekly bus passes....

Edited by mirandarine, 05 October 2010 - 09:54 AM.

#55 bellemae

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

Matt did his last exam yesterday! YAY! I have him back biggrin.gif

We almost have a bathroom again - geez that took soooo long!

Kids back at school this week - Can't quite believe it's 4th term already! Only 10 weeks and Kai will have finished kindergarten ohmy.gif
I remember worrying at the beginning of the year about whether Kai starting school was the right decision, he's had such a good year and is just thriving! NOW I'm starting to worry about how he'll go being in yr 1 next year! They do composite classes, so it'll be a year 1/2 class. Kids starting in kindy range in age from 4-6, so at the beginning of next year the kids in his class could range from 5-8! Seems quite little to be in a class with 8 year olds - Tien is 8!!  All I can do is hope, and trust that he'll be fine.

Gotta go have a cuppa before the kids get home.

#56 mirandarine

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

The year sure has flown by. Yay Belle Matts exams are over! Thats a good thing- stress levels will have dropped at your house original.gif

I cant believe C will be at school soon. 5 whole days a week. NO MORE KIDS AT HOME! Weird! Im hoping to work at least 4 out of 5 weekdays and drop my subday shift so I can spend all weekend with the girls. Works well in theory- lets see how it works out!

I just want to say how glad I am to have all of you Septemberries in my life. Its at times like now when one of us is needing support that our friendship bond is well highlighted.
I love you all! x

#57 Kay1

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

Aw thanks Miranda. I am feeling the same tonight. Nice to know we all hold each other in our thoughts when times are tough. wub.gif

I didn't realise you'd replied again about the school. I can see why you'd like to stay with the same school. Our school has the same rules re aircon.....unsure.gif . Will be interesting to see how they go in summer. For

Belle - I'm sure Kai will do fine. So glad you are happy with your decision to send him this year. How is your exchange student going? And yay to Matt finishing uni!!

Well Nate starts his new preschool tomorrow. So nervous and excited. Had an incident this afternoon when we picked up Leo where one of the little bullies at his old preschool called him a rude name when we left, so glad he won't be going there any more as they seem powerless to control this little piece of work. I have made a complaint to the Director - I really feel like leaving an anonymous note for his parents.  mad.gif

And in other news I have some (paid) work biggrin.gif - just got it today so had better get down to it. Really hope it works out as I can do it from home and I get to (sort of) use my experience. original.gif

Edited by Kay1, 12 October 2010 - 09:06 PM.

#58 cjandlj

Posted 15 October 2010 - 03:49 PM

Miranda thats exactly what I was thinking the other day.  Its so nice to know you girls and even though we dont chat as much as we used to (well im most guilty of that wink.gif ) you are still such a wonderful supportive group especially when one of us is in need.

Thinking of you all xoxo

#59 Starbuck

Posted 16 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

Well, I survived the party!!!

I feel exactly the same way as you Miranda and Rochelle, this group has been amazing!!!  wub.gif

This month I will probably continue to be a slack poster. I am weeks behind in uni and have an exam in 4 weeks. I haven't done an exam since year 10. I dropped out in year 11 after I spent half the year in hospital, plus TAFE welfare didn't have exams! Anytime I think about it I start panicking!!!! DH has got lots of work atm too which is awesome cause we desperately need the $$ but I am not sure how we will be able to fit it all in.  unsure.gif

So, I have to try to be off the computer alot. Problem is, I have been a slack Septemberry, but have been on EB heaps reading  ssorry.gif I love keeping up with you all on Facebook though.  So, I shall endeavor to come on here and maintain my friendships with the most amazing group of people I have met, but stay away from the time sucking areas of EB. blush.gif

And yes, while annoying, the snow was pretty amazing! biggrin.gif

Edited by Starbuck, 16 October 2010 - 04:50 PM.

#60 Kay1

Posted 16 October 2010 - 05:13 PM

Glad the party went ok Kirsten and very happy to see you back here. original.gif I also get sucked into timesucker Eb threads way too much lately. Will also be staying away more now that I have work to do.

#61 mirandarine

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:46 PM

Oh the crap continues....

Charlotte has unexplained wrist pain, day 3 now. It comes and goes so we are off for a wrist U/S at 2pm.... sigh.

#62 Kay1

Posted 21 October 2010 - 04:39 PM

Oh dear Miranda. Let us know how she goes.

#63 Starbuck

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:23 PM

Hope everthing is ok Miranda!!!

#64 mirandarine

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

Thanks Cai and Kirsten. Still no idea whats going on. Dr has her on Anti-b incase its cellulitis again- although I have my doubts. U/S shows no abnormalities no carpel tunnel (which I think is odd he'd be thinking that?)
She is still taking nurofen/panadol which seem to help. Sore throat again....
I have Dr appt on monday so well see I guess...?

#65 butterflies

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

oh gosh poor charlotte

could it be a small break? is it swollen?

#66 Starbuck

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:06 AM

Wrist's can get a particular type of fracture that seems like a bad sprain, doesn't show up on Xray (not sure about U/S?). It can feel a bit better and then you have ongoing symptoms - clicking, pain, stiffness. You need an MRI. I can't remember what it is called (I may have it, as prime cause of my "bad wrist" rather than simply my arthritis because it gets much worse than other joints. Recently I had MRI, but I haven't been back to Dr yet). If it gets better, then continues t have issues get that checked. I will get back to you on the name of fracture.

#67 mhjemma

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:54 PM

If life had been kinder, my little girl would have turned one tomorrow. She will forever live in my heart and feel that she is watching over our family always xoxoxo

#68 ~~Lynny~~

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:30 PM

Oh Mardi sad.gif  My heart breaks for you - thinking of you and your very special little girl tomorrow  hhugs.gif hhugs.gif

#69 Kay1

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:15 AM

Oh Mardi, I am so sorry. I am thinking of you and your family today. sad.gif

#70 Starbuck

Posted 29 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

Mardi sad.gif I am thinking of you today and your precious little girl.  hhugs.gif

#71 butterflies

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

Mardi thinking of you today and your little angel watching over your family.  I hope you took it easy today.

#72 ~*Sharon*~

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

Love to you, Mardi. xxoo sad.gif

#73 mirandarine

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:05 PM

Love and hugs Mardi xoxo

#74 mhjemma

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:34 AM

Thanks for your thoughts. Wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. I lit a candle for her and held her close in my heart. I am forever grateful for having my dear Septemberries here to 'talk' to. xoxoxo

#75 Kay1

Posted 30 October 2010 - 11:34 AM

bbighug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.