#1 Sandra

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:37 AM

New thread time ladies

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=803997

#2 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:35 PM

Come on!! 3 views and noone want gold??
UI'll take it
I'm on hold trying to sort out why voicemail won't work on my phone.

Stace - got news.  will ring this week.

#3 boo boos mumma

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

SILVEr,

W'end from hell.

Sick kids, Nat screaming in pain. Hospital lost her urine sample that took 3.5hrs in the ED to collect and she was expected to suffer, but lucky i got to docs, took a further 2hrs to collect sample but she has a bad urine infection.

Im exhausted from the stress, my arvo nap flew out the window cause of some moron. ANyhows i have some answers now and some ABs so my extra effort paid off.

Oh tracey i forgot to tell u we had 3 puppies born, but lost two, they had fluid on the lungs and i couldnt help them. The first one died, the second one was dying and suffering so i had to put it in the freezer (most humane thing to do), very upsetting for me i dont cope well with loosing puppies. The sole survivor is doing really well, will be our first registered puppy under our kennel name, so exciting, wish i could keep him but yeah nah, will ad him about a week or so.
So sorry about your dads news too, more morons  wink.gif

#4 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

Tam - how's Natalia?  I hope she's on the improve.  What a rotten thing to have happen at this time.  I'll be back Frid if you want a chat.

Me.  Knackered.  Still working nights, which is fine, but it's now getting light very early and I'm waking up at or before 6.  So I'm a bit loopy with lack of sleep.  Bring on daylight savings I say.  Got tonight and tomorrow off which is good.  Have enjoyed this work a lot more than I expected to.

Tam - how's Natalia?  I hope she's on the improve.  What a rotten thing to have happen at this time.  I'll be back Frid if you want a chat.

Me.  Knackered.  Still working nights, which is fine, but it's now getting light very early and I'm waking up at or before 6.  So I'm a bit loopy with lack of sleep.  Bring on daylight savings I say.  Got tonight and tomorrow off which is good.  Have enjoyed this work a lot more than I expected to.

#5 Stacymoo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:11 PM

Hi girls.

Tam - how's Nat? Poor little thing. sad.gif Hope you are catching up on some zzzz's. hhugs.gif

Brooke - I am spewing I missed you yesterday. It would have been so nice to catch up at the last minute like that. Fill me in on the news when you have a minute.

Well I have some news......Jaiden & I are going to Fiji for a week with my parents next month!! eexcite.gif DH has organised it all as a surprise nearly 2 weeks ago & I just found out today. biggrin.gif My parents are invited to a family friends wedding & have been planning to go since the beginning of the year. They have been asking if we could join them for months but I didn't think it would happen for financial reasons. Anyway I had put it out of my mind & then DH & my parents surprised me with the travel documents today. Sneaky bugggers. biggrin.gif I am so excited as I really wanted to go & I know how much it will mean to my folks to holiday with Jaiden again. They are over the moon. wub.gif It is for a week & we are staying at a beautiful all inclusive resort on the Coral Coast. I have never been to Fiji so it will be great. Obviously this means no IVF next month now but we are making plans to do another medicated cycle in November so hopefully the little holiday will do me good & I will be nice & relaxed when I get back. We leave in 3 weeks. ddance.gif

Now I have the task of trying on all my summer clothes to make sure they still fit. ohmy.gif I haven't lost the 4 odd kilos I have wanted to for the last 6 mths so I better start jogging again next week. wink.gif

#6 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

Stacy - join me on the 10,000 steps challenge.  Get a pedometer and we start Monday.
I wore one yesterday and I only clocked up 4,000 steps.  I was so sure that with all the running around after the kids it would be much more than that.

PMing you

#7 hawkchick

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

Yay Stacy - that's awesome!!!!

We're back from Hamilton Island. We had a lovely time. You girls who live in constant warmth don't know how lucky you are. I grew up in Tonga and now live in Melbourne, so I think I've always loved warm weather. Don't think I could stand that humidity all the time though - but I'm sure you get used to it.

Tracey - how's your Dad going? I hope he's OK.

Tam - hope your kidlets are all better. How scary for you to have Natalia so ill.

Rach - sorry to hear about AF showing up. Good luck for this month.

Here's some photos of Elora, taken on our holiday. And a family photo too.

#8 boo boos mumma

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:28 AM

Lovely pics Blish, I would love to hug a Koala. Can't believe how long Elora's hair is, so beautiful.

Brooke, OMG I keep forgetting to call you. Im always so busy i hardly know what day it is (im not joking LMAO, last thurs Aiden had to go to daycare cause Reanna had an appt 2hrs drive away, when i picked Aiden up i told the staff id see them next time...they go 'yeah see you tomorrow' ha ha, i ended up cracking up as I thought it was Tues when it was Thurs ha ha ha so funny.

Stacey WOW WOW WOW, FIGI OMG how cool!!  Im so envious, your DH is so awesome!! & u so deserve it.

Me:

Not bad. Busy but good. I wouldnt change having 3 gorgeous children for the world.

Nat ended up getting alot of abdominal pain from the ABs (like her bro does). & doc rang last week saying that the wee sample didnt grow anything not even any bugs but her white blood cells were up (the reason for the infection indication when it was tested with a stick). The doc was confused how there could be no actual evidence of a UTI & yet indicated a high infection when it was tested at the surgery....she said to wait a week and see but in meantime stop the ABs since they were upsetting her tummy & causing pain.
SO I did that & she still was in pain so I took a leap of guess and put her on Soy Formula (instead of b/f her) & within 24hrs she was like a different bub.

3 days later she had trouble pooing, so i used coloxyl drops yesterday & today but the health nurse saids she should be right soon enough its just the change from breast to formula and she'll be right.

So im giving it another week of the formula to see how it goes then ill decide whether its the final choice for Nat or not (or b/f) but if b/f hurts her tummy prob due to my diet then its not fair if i do it cause i like to b/f.

Im a bit sad about it, dont know why????  Its like i feel like i let her down by not b/f her, isnt that so stupid?? LIKE SERIOUSLY??? STUPID!!!  Reanna was bottle fed from 3months so what if Nat is too. I just can't put my finger on why i am struggling with it so much, maybe cause i liked the 'special' time when I b/f Aiden i just dont know.

Anyhows Nat is doing much better apart from crying when she poos but tonight seemed better, she is usually a very happy bubs now she is dairy free.

Aiden seems to be becoming more of a hand full, he just cries when he wants something till u get it right, starting to make me worried. A girl told me the other day that a child isnt actually diagnosed with autism till they are 3yrs?? is this right BROOKE?

Reanna is good, CHEEKY. Has had a real attitude the past week, driving us nuts she just wont listen grrr but cute as hell still lol.

BROOKE: Where is Jordan at now with his dev?? At 2yrs where was he up to & now at 4yrs how far has he come?? just wondering what to expect from Aiden, starting to worry about his future a bit.\

Ok so ive crapped on enough. Aiden gets his grommets on Fri, im so nervous for him.

#9 hawkchick

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:53 PM

Tam - if it makes you feel better, I never breastfed Elora. She was straight on the bottle. That was my choice.

#10 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

Tam - just quickly coz it's 11.30pm.

Your friend is WRONG.

Sorry, but I'm a big believer in early diagnosis or at least early identification.  Is a child has Autism Spectrum Disorder (which includes Aspergers, Autism and PDD-NOS) and there are enough identifiable features present then a diagnosis can be made before the age of 2.  Further, children who are at a greater liklihood of having an asd can be monitored more closely and therefore have any areas addressed as they appear.  This is a new field, and I think a very exciting one.

Some Paeds wont' diagnose before a cedrtain age.  Some feel that the diagnosis is thrown about too much.  My own view is that if there is a very good reason not to dx (diagnose) at a certain time, that's fine, but if it's just "I don't dx before age 3/4/6 because that's my policy" then get a referal to someone else.

In some ways it's a personal preference, but on the other hand, it can take an awful long time to learn everyting you want to learn and if time move's on then there is lost oppourtunities.  We will be relocating to where we feel there are better educational opportunities.  That's not everyones view.  Fair enough.  But if we'd waited then we'd have lost the chance to make this decision ourselves

#11 hawkchick

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

Brooke - it was great to meet you today - sorry we didn't have time to invite you in for a proper visit. My niece was visiting from Sydney...and my parents were coming over not long after you were here. Your kids are gorgeous - I hope they were OK for the drive home. Good luck for all the decisions you guys have ahead of you. Sounds like exciting and daunting times ahead for your family.

#12 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

No apologies at all please - I even had fun seeing how long DH would last with the kids by himself  laughing2.gif

Got news though. Beveridge it is.  We have to head back again within a few weeks to check things out more, but we found an odd-shaped block out there that still had older prices on it and we have a holding deposit down on it.

Need to do the travel times, but it's good access to the freeway, not a lot in the way of immediate services but will have views of the surrounding hills and some friends close by in Wallan.

#13 boo boos mumma

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

if it makes you feel better, I never breastfed Elora. She was straight on the bottle. That was my choice.

I didnt have issues with bottle feeding at all as such darl, I botttle fed Reanna from 3months & I didnt care. Its more the fact that I enjoyed it iykwim?? I enjoyed the bond with my baby that it brought, the fact that I didnt have to leave my room to feed a baby & heat up bottles or sterilise them. Thats what i missed the bond, so silly. Im cool with it now, Nat is sleeping for really long blocks during the night so how can I complain?? lol. I forgot the bonus of a bottle fed bub was a full tummy for longer therefore longer sleeps lol.

Brooke: For starters SHE ISN"T my FRIEND lol, she is just the wife of a friend i grew up with (the one saying that children arent diagnosed with austism i mean untill 3yrs).
I dont like her AT ALL, she is a twit. She was at my bros for his bday the other night, her Dh was in melbourne but she came with her FIL who we are good friends with, (that whole family used to live across the road and we were good friends for years). I only asked her cause i wanted some ideas from someone in the same boat, selfish i know cause i dont like her lol....i have good reason not to like her though.

Brooke I am so inspired by you with all you do for Jordan, thats what Im all about with Aiden, as frustrating as all the appts are going to be we will be at EVERY ONE.  He started using bbbbbbb sounds last night, hoping hoping the grommets will help with his speech. Im so scared for his future but i will take one day at a time, i may be wrong yet, we shall see.
Another person i know told me about her DS not talking so she went to speech therapy with him and it wasnt till 3yrs that he spoke & he doesnt have autism so theres hope for Aiden yet, but either way we will do what we can to help him.  Jordan speaks a little now doesnt he??

ME:
Going good. Natalia is doing awesome. Had a rough night on Thurs till 6am crying in pain but has been great each night since, sleeping through and happy. So wonderful i know i really did the right thing by her with the formula, gold starrs for this mummy.

#14 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:18 PM

He can, but his speech is crap.  Sorry, just is.  Very poor articulation and really no-one other than us (and often not even us) can understand him.  ANd it's not really speech, more words (speech being plural).  This isn't so much typical of ASD, it's just the way it presents in him and some others, but cetainly not the norm, from what I can gather.

Almost all my ASD 'friends' are online.  Kinda curious about other kids but I don't want to turn them into a specimen so to speak.

Glad Natalia in on the up

#15 Stacymoo

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:45 PM

DARE I TEST?????????? ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  huh.gif

I am on day 36 of my cycle, way over my usual 29-32 days & still  no AF! I have very faint spotting on Tuesday so I thought she was on her way but since then nothing except for a little dark spotting Wednesday morning & absolutely nothing since then. Even as I type this I am expecting to go to the loo & see red coming. It's like even voicing a "maybe" I am somehow jinxing myself. Isn't it crazy what I am doing to myself. sad.gif My boobs are still a little sore & bigger but I know this doesn't relaly mean much. I have had some lower back pain at the beginning of the week but feel pretty good otherwise.

I don't know what to do. I am thinking I will test Sunday morning if still no AF. I just don't want to see another BFN.gif on that stick as it will truly break my heart. If I got another natural pregnancy I would be so happy. hands.gif

Pray for me girls please. Sorry for the me post.

BTW - I leave for Fiji next Friday & am super excited! eexcite.gif

#16 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:52 AM

Well??  Did you test??

I'm texting you and the only reason I'm not calling is coz it's a fraction early.

#17 Stacymoo

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:54 AM

No luck again girls.  sad.gif I did a HPT yesterday & it was BFN.gif & then as usual got all the usual AF symptoms & bang red flow by last night. I am so over this I tell you. cry1.gif

Anyway at least I have our holiday to look forward to. Better get a list started for packing.

#18 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:57 AM

So sorry for you Stace.  That's cruel being teased like that.

#19 ♥RUBES♥

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

Bugger Stacy sorry to hear that sad.gif

Haven't been on here for months, not sure when I'll be back. After our extended holiday I had to have surgery and have lots of complications so most days I have either been at the hospital, asleep (usually drug induced) or just in a drug haze sad.gif

Slowly getting better, was doing well until this morning then DH had to rush me to hospital (no longer going to the local one have to go to the next town for treatment) wont give details as they are EXTREMELY GROSS.

Probably the only good thing coming from not being able to do much is I am getting heaps of bows/headbands etc done for the few orders I manage to get and the markets I've been able to get to.

Sorry for the pity party xox

#20 boo boos mumma

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:46 PM

Oh Stacey  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif  bbighug.gif Once again my heart is aching for you darl. I thought 'yup this is it, this is it..' untill i read further. Its so not fair. When will u be back from Fiji? Have fun hun u so deserve it.

Rubes u poor thing, what a tough time u must be having. I thought of u the other day and thought i must send u a mess on FB, miss our chat we had on the phone. Hope things improve, dont forget us hun xxoo.

Me:
Not bad. Busy trying to prep for Natalia's christening this Sun & Aiden's 2nd bday is combined cause im a slack lazy mother  wink.gif well my bro didnt even have a party for his 2yr old & they only have one child (for now).

Had to meet with the priest yesterday WHAT A TWIT. He refused my bro as god father cause he wasnt christian, & when i told him straight id take Nat to a diff church who will accept my bro he rang his superior who said its fine it will just have the word witness against his name..thankgod that was sorted, i would have had to completely cancel and it wasnt a good idea but all good.
We think hes the same priest who asked my SIL if she could fall preggers and then asked my bro if he could get an errection (remember that??), my bro said he will know instantly on SUnday if its the same one...how uncomfortable if it is as my bro & SIL requested a diff priest to marry then nearly 3yrs ago and the weird priest abused the new priest and this other lady who does the marriage questions, very odd man.

Nat is going well, sleeping well. Some wind/pooing issues at times but as a whole she is quite awesome.

NEWS: my bro announced his wife being preggers 3weeks ago, all exciting that their son Oliver will be a big bro....then they came over a few days ago with an u/s, they had just found out they are expecting twins. OMG I am stil in shock. SIL cried and cried LOL she was so excited but mostly so scared (i can only imagine). SO some good news. B

BUt of course everyone is ALL about SIL and her baby and no one really gives a rats ass about Natalia anymore, its like the recent news of twins is all that matters. Im fine with it i didnt even notice but my other SIL was whinging to me about how its all about SIL now and no one notices my newborn...

I said

"Well, Twins sure does trump us all' LMAO.  SIL will get alot of attention for ever now with having twins lol.

#21 boo boos mumma

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:00 AM

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=835397

finally birth story.........

#22 hawkchick

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:56 PM

Brooke - congrats on putting in your house offer. Beveridge is lovely and don't worry - everything is moving out that way so all the amenities will be there soon if not already.

Stacy - sad.gif   I'm so sorry. Have a lovely trip though xxx

Rubes - sorry to hear you've not been well. Hope things improve for you.

Tam - great to hear things with Natalia are going so well.

Us: Well girls, my life is a big question mark at present. I typed a quick note to a former employer (from 22 years ago I might add) asking if they had any working from home opportunities and they want to meet with me next week - problem is that they're wanting me to do lots of work for them and I'm worried I'm going to over commit myself. Meantime another former employer wants me to come back (part time, casual or full time - my choice), but it's a long long way from home.
I don't know what to do!

#23 boo boos mumma

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:55 PM

Its a big decision Blish, sounds like some great points with both. Let us know what u decide darl.

#24 boo boos mumma

Posted 27 October 2010 - 09:21 PM

Whats the go??? where are u all??

HIding in caves with Altiyan Childs??? lol.

#25 hawkchick

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hi girls,

I decided to take my old job back, one day per week for now. It's a long way from home, but they've offered to pay me by the hour even for my travel time and they're paying for my road tolls too - so that takes the sting out a bit.

Hope you're all well.

xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.